Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
33 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
261 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #61
timdog 920 heat pts920
space
space
$30,457 | Props total: 14888 14888
this why lauryn hasnt released a album

Though The Miseducation was largely a collaborative work between Hill and a group of musicians known as New Ark (Vada Nobles, Rasheem Pugh, Tejumold and Johari Newton), there was “label pressure to do the Prince thing,” wherein all tracks would be credited as “written and produced by” the artist with little outside help. While recording the album, when Hill was asked about providing contracts or documentation to the musicians, she replied, “We all love each other. This ain’t about documents. This is blessed.”

In 1998, New Ark filed a fifty-page lawsuit against Hill, her management, and her record label, stating that Hill “used their songs and production skills but failed to properly credit them for the work.” The musicians claimed that they either wrote or produced 13 of 14 tracks on Miseducation , despite the liner notes of the album claiming that it was “produced, written, arranged and performed by Lauryn Hill.” New Ark requested partial writing credits and monetary reimbursement.[12] The suit was settled out of court in February 2001 for a reported $5 million.

New Ark’s lawyer, Peter C. Harvey, scoffed at Hill’s image as a prolific songwriter. “She is not a musician, she is not a producer…I dare say if you put Lauryn Hill in a studio alone, she couldn’t do it again.” . In a 2005 Interview, Lauryn responded saying ” I am a Songwriter, Producer and a Musician and that I gave people too much credit that they didn’t truly deserve. I can do it again, because I am a Artist thats speaks from my heart and from my mind. If people benefit off my new music to come then so be it, I will only make music to give information to my own children”.

As of 2009, Hill has released only one album after Miseducation - 2001’s MTV Unplugged No. 2.0 - which sold a fraction of Miseducation’s numbers.

aint no industry played lauryn
 5 years ago '04        #62
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,644 | Props total: 2650 2650
hahahahahahahahaa

fu*k Lauryn
 5 years ago '07        #63
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6106 6106
im still waiting for another album but not like this. she's now gonna be forced to release music
 5 years ago '12        #64
Theboybreblue 48 heat pts48
space
space
$3,384 | Props total: 3444 3444
dam man lauryn looks bad yo!! smh. .
 5 years ago '06        #65
RalphLaurenJR 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,216 | Props total: 31 31
 The Bully said:
the big winner in all of this is rohan marley.

n*gga had her sprung when she was on top of the music world. gave her 6 kids, ate good off her and didn't even wife her up.

soon as the well ran dry he ran off with a younger brazilian chick, who he wasted no time proposing to.
[pic - click to view]

and i don't even think he pays child support

LAURYN LOST
 5 years ago '10        #66
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,864 | Props total: 13659 13659
wow! just learned A LOT bout L Boogie
I can honestly say I give no fu*ks about her nor this deal, hope the best for her still.

ddash said:
Damn she out there looking like Inspector Todd from Beverly Hills Cop 1 and 2.
oh my

Chedda said:

No the hell you didn't,

[pic - click to view]

"Don't think Axel, makes my d!ck itch."

ddash said:
I didn't think anyone would get that.
I caught it off rip fam
 5 years ago '10        #67
Petty Wap 21 heat pts21
space
space
$3,051 | Props total: 315 315
She signed a deal to get $1 million upfront .. N its for only FIVE SONGS .. After she turn in them 5 tracks , she gets another $3 million.

So basically shes getting almost a million for each song (5) she's about to release
 5 years ago '10        #68
Petty Wap 21 heat pts21
space
space
But fu˘k Lauryn . She just wrote an open letter just last summer about the industry.

Now shes crawling back to them because she needs the money.
What an hypocrite
 5 years ago '07        #69
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802
We need you Lauryn. Come back to the game...
 5 years ago '10        #70
Petty Wap 21 heat pts21
space
space
 chardonnay said:
they only gave mama 1 mil and keef 6!?

hip hop shoulds pay lauryn bill. wtf wyclef!!!
Chief Queef aint get no damn 6 milli.

Nicki & Drake didnt even get that much.

Da fu˘k u smoking ??!?!!!?
 5 years ago '10        #71
Petty Wap 21 heat pts21
space
space
 Matt504 said:
Ok thats EARNINGS

He was not given $6 milli when he signed that dotted line .
 04-24-2013, 09:49 AM         #72
Barre Kelly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That's how much his deal worth regardless. Meaning that Lauryn deal is also worth 1 million which means she probably got like 500k up front. Keef still won
 04-24-2013, 11:01 AM         #73
donmeca2020 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
she probably didn't want to sign any type of deal, but was forced too. due to the fact that shes facing some time. bi*ch !!!! pay your fu*king bills..... i just hate it when celebs think their higher then regular people and don't have to deal with the same sh*t.

she was fantastic with wyclef and pras as the fuggees, and her solo album was hot as well, but let's face it. she has been out of this game for quite some time. i would consider her a hasbeen to some extent.

If i recall didnt she pull some sh*t at another country when she was supposed to perform and she just said " fu*k IT , not in the mood ". Some great artist especially how she treats her fans.....
 5 years ago '04        #74
focusedinsight 
space
space
$1,089 | Props total: 47 47
i love genuine expression.

Matt504 said:
this is a sad day for Black music artists.

5 years ago '13        #75
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305

Barbie l Minaj said:
Ok thats EARNINGS

He was not given $6 milli when he signed that dotted line .
You where wrong. Just admit it and move on. Lauryn's "earnings" will be one million. Excluding the money she would make from concerts, merchandising(T-Shirts and bobble headds and stuff), endorsing products and etc... If she decides to go that lane.

The Bully said:
hold up, didn't she say she didnt want white folks to buy her music?

she needs them to buy her albums now, or else sony gon drop her
She didn't say that.

Speak with facts! That was a claim made by some jounalist

bigshock said:
3 pages in and we just not even mention she should have just paid her taxes?

I actually said that!

Learn to read and not just speak!

Reading comprehension is a very valuable skill in life.
 5 years ago '05        #76
hustlehard365 
space
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 885 885
 TheMindOf said:
Well played music industry.. Well played

They just say back and waited til her back was against the wall and signed her to a deal worth the same amount as Kreayshawn

12-15 years ago Lauryn Hill could have laughed in the face of a $1 million dollar deal..

Sony just bought low and are bout to sell high..
the question should be why is her back against the wall..wtf has she done of substance to earn 700k in one yr and a million in another...she just thought she was above paying... her royalty check game is on point she can pay taxes
 5 years ago '09        #77
wettems35 
space
space
space
$1,118 | Props total: 405 405
 timdog said:

Though The Miseducation was largely a collaborative work between Hill and a group of musicians known as New Ark (Vada Nobles, Rasheem Pugh, Tejumold and Johari Newton), there was “label pressure to do the Prince thing,” wherein all tracks would be credited as “written and produced by” the artist with little outside help. While recording the album, when Hill was asked about providing contracts or documentation to the musicians, she replied, “We all love each other. This ain’t about documents. This is blessed.”

In 1998, New Ark filed a fifty-page lawsuit against Hill, her management, and her record label, stating that Hill “used their songs and production skills but failed to properly credit them for the work.” The musicians claimed that they either wrote or produced 13 of 14 tracks on Miseducation , despite the liner notes of the album claiming that it was “produced, written, arranged and performed by Lauryn Hill.” New Ark requested partial writing credits and monetary reimbursement.[12] The suit was settled out of court in February 2001 for a reported $5 million.

New Ark’s lawyer, Peter C. Harvey, scoffed at Hill’s image as a prolific songwriter. “She is not a musician, she is not a producer…I dare say if you put Lauryn Hill in a studio alone, she couldn’t do it again.” . In a 2005 Interview, Lauryn responded saying ” I am a Songwriter, Producer and a Musician and that I gave people too much credit that they didn’t truly deserve. I can do it again, because I am a Artist thats speaks from my heart and from my mind. If people benefit off my new music to come then so be it, I will only make music to give information to my own children”.

As of 2009, Hill has released only one album after Miseducation - 2001’s MTV Unplugged No. 2.0 - which sold a fraction of Miseducation’s numbers.

This really true?
 5 years ago '07        #78
RubbahBandMayn 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,953 | Props total: 5866 5866
 Matt504 said:
this is a sad day for Black music artists.

They got her now.....
 5 years ago '07        #79
timdog 920 heat pts920
space
space
$30,457 | Props total: 14888 14888
 wettems35 said:
This really true?
yeah why you think the lawsuit was settled for 5 million

5 years ago '10        #80
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,864 | Props total: 13659 13659
 timdog said:

You my good sir just earned me an A+. Guess what my discussion a.ssignment if for this week....

Objective
Identify important legal protections for creative works in the recording and live event production industries

If you like rap, r&b, or reggae send me a message to my wall on your preference and I'll shoot you one of my mixes if you like. Your post is exactly what I need.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
128 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
297 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
63 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
26 comments
2 days ago