Apr 20 - The Interrogation of the Boston Bombing Suspect

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
124 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
112 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
69 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #1
11793 pageviews
168 comments

Screwhead|m 194 heat pts194
space
space
$14,976 | Props total: 278 278
Apr 20 - The Interrogation of the Boston bombing Suspect

The arrest of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev ended the manhunt for the Boston Marathon bombers, but it set in motion an equally intense phase of the case that will begin with the grilling of the man who – for now at least – is the only surviving suspect.

An indication of the complex investigation ahead came Friday night, when an Obama administration official told NBC News that Tsarnaev would not be given a Miranda warning when he is physically able to be interrogated after receiving medical treatment.

Instead, the official said, the government will invoke a legal rule known as the "public safety exception," which will enable investigators to question Tsarnaev without first advising him of his right to remain silent and to be afforded legal counsel.

The exemption can be invoked when information is needed to protect public safety. In this instance, the government believes it's vital to find out if Tsarnaev planted any other explosives before his capture or whether others might have plotted with him to do so, said the official, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Tsarnaev’s older brother, Tamerlan, was k!lled in a shootout with police early Friday, and it was not clear until late Friday that authorities would be able to question their remaining prime suspect.

Until shortly before his capture around 8:45 p.m. ET, the wounded and bleeding Tsarnaev exchanged gunfire with authorities in Watertown, Mass., while sheltering in a plastic-wrapped pleasure boat.

Officers on the scene and the brass in the command center were both clearly elated by the outcome.

“We always want to take someone alive so we can find out what happened,” Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis said at a media briefing an hour later, “and we can hold them to justice."

High Value Detainee Interrogation Group

The rule waiving the Miranda warning does not set a precise limit on how long a suspect can be interrogated before being advised of his rights, but it likely buys authorities no more than 48 hours.

During that time Tsarnaev, 19, will be questioned by a federal government team called the High Value Detainee Interrogation Group, consisting of officials of the FBI, CIA and Defense Department. Though he will not have a lawyer present, any statements he makes during the questioning will be admissible in court.

Among the questions investigators are certain to focus on is whether he and his brother had help in plotting or carrying out the terrorist attack at the finish line of the marathon. The dual blasts from pressure cookers packed with explosives and shrapnel k!lled three people and injured 176.

That question took on more urgency when police in New Bedford, Mass., south of Boston, announced Friday evening that three people there had been taken into custody as part of the bombing investigation.

In addition to possible co-conspirators in the U.S., the interrogators also will want to know whether the brothers, both ethnic Chechens, received any a.ssistance from overseas.

Travel records obtained by NBC New York showed that Tamerlan Tsarnaev left the country for six months in 2012, flying to Moscow on Jan. 12 and returning on July 17. Where he went and what he did after his arrival in Russia could expand what so far has been a domestic manhunt into a global one.

visit this link Boston bombing Suspect Traveled to Russia Through NYC Last Year | NBC New York

Enemy combatant?

Suspicions that the elder brother could have received terrorist training or support abroad were heightened Friday, when an official familiar with the matter told NBC News that a foreign government had expressed concern in 2011 that Tamerlan Tsarnaev could have ties to terrorism. The official said the FBI investigated, but found no such links and reported the findings back to the foreign government.

Even if authorities determine that the Tsarnaevs received support from an overseas terrorist organization, the Obama administration official said the government will not seek to declare him an enemy combatant and try him before a military commission, as it has done with senior al Qaeda officials captured overseas and imprisoned at the Guantanamo Bay detention camp. Administration officials see that scenario as a non-starter, the official said, particularly given the fact that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is an American citizen, naturalized last September.

Republican Sens. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and John McCain of Arizona issued a statement late Friday urging that the administration hold Tsarnaev as an enemy combatant.

"It is absolutely vital the suspect be questioned for intelligence gathering purposes. We need to know about any possible future attacks which could take additional American lives," said the statement, posted on Graham's Facebook. "The least of our worries is a criminal trial which will likely be held years from now."

Mass of evidence

At the same time they are seeking to uncover the bombing suspects’ motives and determine whether they had a support network, investigators will continuing to collect and analyze vast amounts of forensic evidence from crime scenes stretching across three cities.

In addition to processing evidence from the bombings, FBI technicians will analyze hundreds of hours of video camera recordings from private and public surveillance and traffic cameras as they attempt to trace the brothers’ movements – both after the attack and before it.

Investigators also will obtain and a.ssess phone records, seeing who the brothers were in contact with in the weeks and months leading up to the attacks.

Only when they have scrutinized every bit of data, and explored every lead, will they turn over the mountain of evidence they have a.ssembled to prosecutors. It will be up to them to decide what charges the younger Tsarnaev should face and whether to seek the federal death penalty in a state where life in prison is the maximum sentence that can be imposed.

But despite such a massive expenditure of time and technological know-how, they may never answer the most haunting question surrounding the case, as President Barack Obama noted.

“Why,” he asked during a brief statement on Dzhokhar Tsarnaev’s arrest late Friday, “did young men who grew up and studied here as part of our communities and country resort to such violence?”

visit this link What's next: The interrogation of the Boston bombing suspect - Open Channel

168 comments for "Apr 20 - The Interrogation of the Boston Bombing Suspect"

5 years ago '06        #2
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,485 | Props total: 14761 14761
Even if Obama wanted to I dont think he can legally put this dude on trial to a military tribunal because for one he isnt in the military and they cant do what they do with Al Queda because hes a legal American citizen. Them feds definitely gonna beat the dog sh*t outta this dude until he spills what info he has.
 04-20-2013, 04:59 AM         #3
choong 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #4
Suppafresh 26 heat pts26
space
space
$6,090 | Props total: 265 265
 Bama Boy said:
Even if Obama wanted to I dont think he can legally put this dude on trial to a military tribunal because for one he isnt in the military and they cant do what they do with Al Queda because hes a legal American citizen. Them feds definitely gonna beat the dog sh*t outta this dude until he spills what info he has.
Never say never when it come to them violating your rights in the name of national security.
 5 years ago '05        #5
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
To be honest I think this kid doesn't know much if anything at all. Seems like this kid was just following his brother around on whatever plan he had.
 5 years ago '04        #6
|Roscoe 385 heat pts385
space
space
$2,056 | Props total: 0 0
 PhI|0z0pH3r said:
To be honest I think this kid doesn't know much if anything at all. Seems like this kid was just following his brother around on whatever plan he had.
Exactly, dude was young and could've been easily manipulated by his older brother. Before this sh*t, the kid looked like he was enjoying life in the US.

The reason for the bombing? Could be anything.. you can't deny the fact that America is universally hated.
 5 years ago '11        #7
xo xo xo 85 heat pts85
space
space
space
$5,426 | Props total: 427 427
 PhI|0z0pH3r said:
I agree with this.
 5 years ago '04        #8
Mark-Ez 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,056 | Props total: 1282 1282
You almost want to feel sorry for the younger brother... I mean they both had an amazing story, and overcame lots of adversity, then 2 do something like this? After events like these I'm always so interested in hearing stories of the peoples lives to find out what went wrong, even though i'll never really know.
 04-20-2013, 10:20 AM         #9
BayArea51 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

[video - click to view]

04-20-2013, 10:50 AM         #10
Shang Tsung 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
they got nothing on this dude, "they" said he was robbing a 7/11, how many peeps rob a store with two cases of redbull in the hands?
 5 years ago '06        #11
Bouncer 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$17,901 | Props total: 1212 1212
some dumb fu*ks actaully believe these kids did it

americans are easily one of the dumbest people on the planet
 04-20-2013, 11:17 AM         #12
BayArea51 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bouncer said:

i know its sad, and im american

fu*k man looking like no hope

gullible a.ss people im moving off to Canada anyways peace
 5 years ago '04        #13
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,872 | Props total: 1907 1907
 Bouncer said:

I'd be interested in hearing your theory on the entire situation.

Not hating or starting sh*t, but your above post is a bold statement and I would like to hear your thoughts on the situation and what you believe to have happened.
 5 years ago '04        #14
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,872 | Props total: 1907 1907
 BayArea51 said:

Some people are truly gullible in this country. But others have had fear installed in them and any resolution to have it cease brings the masses pleasure. Scare people enough and they will want to believe anything.

And that's the truly sad part about this and every other terrorist attack. It spreads fear and in those kind of times, people will believe anything, especially if it puts to rest whatever is causing the fear.

I really haven't taken the time to digest everything and look at the facts in order to come to my own conclusion. But I would be interested in hearing your take on what happened. From your above post I take it you don't believe what the media is telling everyone. And rightfully so, but I would like to hear what you think truly happened.
 5 years ago '08        #15
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,550 | Props total: 17187 17187
333 Million wasted

2500 Authorities figures

Tanks,Helicopters

Was found by a civilian once he was left out of his Martial Law like status....

SmH
 5 years ago '05        #16
YARKONE 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,500 | Props total: 378 378
 BayArea51 said:

Please don't... Canada's goverment is much more involved in anything and everything than you might think... And Tin foil is expensive here.

And Canada was quick to call in the guards and install martial law when homegrown terrorists kidnapped 2 politicians.

Last edited by YARKONE; 04-20-2013 at 01:04 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #17
Kobane 163 heat pts163
space
space
$15,105 | Props total: 2320 2320
Marital Law exercise
 5 years ago '09        #18
TraV 77 heat pts77
space
space
$21,083 | Props total: 1820 1820
I know he's considered a "terrorist suspect" and all, but that No Miranda sh*t just don't sit right with me. They could potentially use that sh*t on anybody and make it seem like more people are in immediate danger just so they can get their interrogation on.
 04-20-2013, 08:33 PM         #19
Old Man Quillis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Malvo didnt get the sympathy I'm seeing in here.... hmmmmmmmm...

5 years ago '12        #20
BlackBreesus 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$8,335 | Props total: 8 8
His brother flunked him out IMO . fu*ked up, no matter what son did I hate to see a young n*gga throw his life away like this.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
98 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
51 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
73 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy