Controversial/Interesting Discussion: Was 2Pac More Than Just A Rapper & What Did He Mean 2 U?

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
158 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
34 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
84 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-08-2013, 03:55 AM         #121
Nasty Neighbor 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dont think i dont see that lil b inspired label in the thread title n*gga you aint slick
 4 years ago '04        #122
killnarmy 28 heat pts28
space
space
$1,910 | Props total: 2214 2214
East coast heads still mad at a rapper/actor who's been dead for 15+ years
 4 years ago '11        #123
Boutmyfeti 250 heat pts250
space
space
$1,422 | Props total: 2543 2543
pac was the realest rapper of all time
 07-08-2013, 05:47 AM         #124
corkscrew 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Teknishen04 said:
2pac is a legend. Truly an amazing artist.

SMH at people criticizing him for talking about murder, money, and women in his raps. I look at hip-hop like I look at a painting. Its all subject to interpretation. It does not mean that the artist necessarily does what he paints. Instead, its an alternate reality. It could mean that artist is expressing some of his/her inner feelings, but at the same time, its also a property of ones imagination.

He mastered the art of hip-hop....POINT BLANK. His lyrics carried a lot of fire power, and I also felt like he was an old soul with wisdom far beyond his years.

2pac>>>
Yes, he was a complete artist. Multifaceted. People ain't comphrending all he did and the power he had only after being in the game for like 5 year and being so young. He didn't even reach his potential. He had the game shook and the government shook all before he even had a plan.

Houdini said:
He was more than a rapper because if we're going on rapping alone he wasn't the best but it was his overall impact which makes him the best. He was like an ambassador to the ghetto and the young struggling black youth. Dude gave alot and had big plans. To this day I find interviews I never heard and you can feel a sense that we lost someone special. Think about all he accomplished in his short 25 years with all the adversity in his life.
This.

Universal~Mind said:
You can tell the only n*ggas in here disrespecting PAC are n*ggas that had pasafires in their mouth when he was alive.... Even n*ggas that weren't die hard fans that were conscious when he was around atleast can understand his fans.... You other n*ggas will just never be able to grasp the energy that PAC embodied when he was alive because none of these lames you call rappers come close.... They're all regular joes who's only concern is making just enough music to get paid and keep it movin.....

Pac was a multi-tasker a multifaceted human being who was waaay ahead of his time that just happened to record his thoughts over some hip hop beats.... It's no wonder some of you sit there and complain about PAC's "personalities" That sh*t is too mind boggling for you one dimensional n*ggas to understand... Humans are complex beings who over-time get institutionalized by their environment, surroundings and fear, Pac didn't let society cage his spirit.

PAC was living like everyday was his last, not because he was an idiot or crazy but because he was a passionate human being and driven by empathy!

But then again, It's no use.... You can't make a lightbulb with a busted filament light up now matter how hard you twist it..... It's no use...Some people get it, some don't.

PS A-L-P I enjoyed your posts.... very well articulated sir.
Tell em

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by corkscrew; 07-08-2013 at 08:33 AM..
 4 years ago '05        #125
rashcobar 14 heat pts14
space
space
$11,831 | Props total: 3445 3445
Controversial and Interesting? talking about 2Pac again?

Guy was a talented rapper and a decent actor and spoke some interesting things about the government - Him and biggie were elevated way above their natural standing after their deaths though - in such a universal way that one cannot help but be curious as to the ulterior motives behind that. looking at today's rap however a hidden agenda if there was one seems clear - Greatest of all time? not even close - a fu*king joke the way those two are posted up as bastions of everything good about hip hop - a fu*king travesty actually.

Last edited by rashcobar; 07-08-2013 at 06:59 AM..
 4 years ago '12        #126
Theboybreblue 48 heat pts48
space
space
$3,390 | Props total: 3449 3449
 Oh Finesse said:
this n*gga talkin like he knew Pac personally. shut that sh*t up b
Shut yo fu*k boy a.ss up! you fu*kin 10th Grader. actually READ my post before you start throwin up the sh*t you had last night for dinner. Pac was inspirational,not just because he was a rapper, but because he Made it out the hood and became somebody. comin from where im from n*ggas die everyday, and the n*ggas that make it out become role models because we see a potential way for us to make it out. a fu*k boy like you wouldnt know nothin about that.
 4 years ago '12        #127
Julian 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,685 | Props total: 2304 2304
Regardless of his personal life it doesn't change the fact he made hit songs talking about a variety of subjects. Most rappers either ruined his songs trying to remix them or hopped on his nuts since the day the died. He's not a leader to me but he is musically one of the greatest artist ever.
 4 years ago '05        #128
SMG 
space
space
$2,858 | Props total: 7 7
 Universal~Mind said:
You can tell the only n*ggas in here disrespecting PAC are n*ggas that had pasafires in their mouth when he was alive....
You can't even spell "pacifier" correctly tho...
How do you congratulate someone on their articulation at the end of a post that you couldn't even manage to articulate correctly?...

I agree with social-whatever guy on this subject tho...Tupac was decent, but not nearly worth the hype he gets, and I could easily name 10 much better rappers than him now...he was one of the top dawgs in his era, but to actually match up his lyrics with some of todays top lyricists (or even some of the top lyricists back then) and still say that he's better is just ludicrous...

I've also noticed that many of the people who don't consider him as great as the hype dictates seem to be actually justifying their opinions, while most of the "Tupac > all" devotees are just stating he's the G.O.A.T. without saying any reason why...and no, "YOU WUZ YUNG WHEN HE 1ST KAME OWT" is NOT a valid reason, you stupid fu*king crumbs...

It’s exactly like I thought tho..."Pac iz da best” is just one of those quasi-religious opinions held by the hip-hop zeitgeist that’s never questioned because for the most part, hip-hop fans lack the ability to formulate their own thoughts about pretty much everything...trendy...
 07-08-2013, 08:28 AM         #129
corkscrew 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He was on some other level sh*t strategizing. Talking about expanding outside of r*pe like creating a new political party.

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '13        #130
Impeccable 210 heat pts210
space
space
$14,864 | Props total: 1195 1195
Pac is the most overrated rapper of all time.

n*gga had average lyrics

Yall sittin here makin him yalls idol

Pac aint no fu*kin philosopher fu*k outa here

Yall makin him sound more intelligent than he actually is. It's cause yall n*ggas weren't educated Go read a fu*kin book
 07-08-2013, 08:36 AM         #131
corkscrew 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HipHopFactz said:
Pac died at 25

and ur fav rappers are nearing 40 and 50 and still havet made more classic albums than him or said some profound sh*t. Pac is a once in a lifetime artist, u wont see another Pac in this lifetime, he's a legend and his legacy carries on to grow and grow, the face of hip hop, the icon of pain and lost souls, jesusveli da don, ur fav rapper is still swag jackin him and trying to play catch up

Its amazing what Pac achieved by age 25 and how he cemented his greatness above all rappers period
Exactly. Dudes calling him overrated are just hating, you can't downplay the kind of impact he had and the things he did in his short life. Most probably haven't even taken the time to listen to his interviews because he was articulate and very self aware.
 4 years ago '11        #132
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,408 | Props total: 3973 3973
He used to be just an overrated rapper to me till I started listening to him talk. I was always a fan, but I stopped listening when he died and everyone seemed to be making him to be something he wasn't.

But once u see everything all together, its a completely different picture. I agree w/ OP, and it also saddens me to think he was the last chance we had to change this world.
 4 years ago '05        #133
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
How is this ccontroversial?
 4 years ago '13        #134
PursuitProgress 
space
space
$1,374 | Props total: 121 121
 A6249CF said:
overrated only because of the exploitation of his death

underrated by people of african origin

Like I say, if Malcolm X wouldda died at 25 he'd be Detroit Red. A low down crook, feel me

who controls how people are potrayed in public? the media bro, they a.ssassinated his character then used it for their own devices. Thats what the media though, heroes n villans keep the minds occupied

Growing up in a single parent household, No father figure to look up to. uncles, brothers, cousins not doing positive sh*t. You live in the hood, so no one around you is doing positive sh*t either. You're gonna have an impressionalable mind as a youngster when it comes to sh*t like rap, thats the only time you're seeing black males in the spotlight apart from sports. Automatically you're gonna a.ssociate what these rappers with doing as being a "man".

sh*t starts from there, luckily I snapped out of it. But being a kid I didn't know no better n I didn't have anyone to teach me better examples.

Even if the single mother raises her son right, as soon as she puts him infront of the tv. He's gonna see non stop negative black stereotypes thrown at him, thats all you see on tv. Lets keep it real

Hes considered the greatest by me for his contribution to the liberation of the blackman, sheeit whens the last time you heard a mainstream rapper make a song lifting up black women? sh*t dont happen

I consider myself a Black Nationalist and I know Pac was one of us

The fake beef (media) n hip hop police sh*t is the higher forces coming down on him for not being another obedient sub human black man. You don't see commercial rappers today doing what pac was doing, thats fact.

The story of 2pac n biggies death is a story of white supremacy, corruption, deceit, music industry suits etc.

In every Detroit Red there's a Malcolm Xbelieeeeh dat

And I was never a pac fan growing up, always been a biggie fan. But growing up I started to realise that this guy actually stood for something, and I'm talkin like Public Enemy, KRS One, Mos Def, Talib, Black Thought etc the differen between him n them is he had the streets too

This is why I respect him, grown mf men cant even stand up and make a change for black people. He was what, 18 or suttem here... thats heart, thats gangsta to me, thats whats real coz the war is real

RIP

PROPS! on an excellent post man. I may not agree with everything you said but I'm big fan of clear & coherent thoughts. Keep it coming.

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '05        #135
4REAL 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,434 | Props total: 1372 1372
 Socialconscious said:
He lived a privileged life and went on to do back ground dancing.
You see single comments like this negate your whole argument because it shows that you know very little of the man yourself but yet you're so opinionated. How can you sit up here and talk so boldly about the man's life when you're greatly misinformed? Tupac was the opposite of privileged. He had a mother who could not find a job due to her Black panther background mixed with her criminal background. Due to that, Tupac grew up in homeless shelters all over NYC with his mom. His family then moved to one of the most poorest and dangerous neighborhoods in Baltimore in hopes of his mom finding an opportunity. Jada Pinkett attested that Pac had no food in his fridge when they went to school together. She also said Pac had no sheets on his bed or a pillow. He didn't even have clothes. Tupac wore hand me downs. Meanwhile, his mom was also going through a crack addiction phase in her life. When he moved to California as a teenager to get away from his mom and growing crime in Baltimore, he ended up dropping out of high school and became homeless on the streets and sold drugs for a bit until he got an opportunity with Digital Underground to get off the streets. You see this is why I don't like these threads because it gives people like you with very little knowledge on him an outlet to spew nonsense and try to pass it off as fact. Do more research on the man's upbringing and have a better understanding of his life and outlook before you speak on him. The Tupac was privileged claim is one of the most ridiculous things ever. People love the man because not only does he have a great body of work but people can see his heart and can relate to him through his music and his past.
 4 years ago '13        #136
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
Shameless self-promotion

If you haven't hear is Frank Alexander's(Tupac's Bodyguard) last interview.

He did it with Jack Thriller for thisis50.com , check it out
 07-08-2013, 11:00 AM         #137
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pac
 4 years ago '05        #138
Universal~Mind 59 heat pts59
space
space
$12,109 | Props total: 527 527
all u n*ggas hatin can talk about is about how unlike BIG-L and Jadakiss PAC WAS......... Ya'll feeble attempts are comical at best....

Who says punch-line rapping is the golden standard for MC'ing? Pac was a poet which in turn sure seems to hold a lot more weight and age better with time than Punch-Line rap.... Poetry shows wisdom and intelligence it's the subject of a mature mind... Now this is not to say that Witty rap doesn't require intelligence or that it doesn't hold it's own weight... but lettuce be cereal for a moment here.... Punch Line rappers while having their own place in hip hop just don't seem to resonate quite as deeply as their more poetic/conscious peers in the long run.....

With this said this isn't to say 2pac was the greatest lyricist in the world but when you factor in how he infused his own brand of passion and emotion coupled with his unique heart wrenching charisma and persona, this is what will always get people......

It's sort of similar to the effects of having as s3xy a.ss broad, fat a.ss, big t*ts, body like a coke bottle, gorgeous face, hair, swag etc.... but up top (her head) she's arrogant, self centered, uneducated, can't spell, carry herself in certain gatherings etc) what's she really worth? She'll quickly depreciate overtime.... (hence punch-line rap) them n*ggas rap pretty but they can't make an album worth sh*t and off their gimmick don't have much else to say....

Last edited by Universal~Mind; 07-08-2013 at 11:30 AM..
 07-08-2013, 11:45 AM         #139
swerve1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
2pac was actually a punk to me and an instigator. i have also lived on the west coast my whole life. i am not biased against him, that's just how i see him. wu-tang forever.

Last edited by swerve1; 07-08-2013 at 11:48 AM..
 4 years ago '05        #140
Universal~Mind 59 heat pts59
space
space
$12,109 | Props total: 527 527
And for all the clowns questioning Pac's Persona.... saying Juice changed him or.... Suge changed'em etc....

here's his motivation....

[video - click to view]

Ya'lls fav rapper went to jail and came back a religious headcase, soft and passive or artistically retarded......

sh*t effects people differently, ya'll should try having attempts on ya lives and see how the majority of ya'll come back with ya tails tucked....
Pac clearly had a fierce spirit with a motivation and vision that never got to fully unravel, and it wasn't just The Gov, or haters that was intimidated by it but rappers as well... Pac wasn't going to get weaker on the Mic anytime soon.... In FACT he got progressively more potent every album he dropped which is the complete opposite in Hip Hop today....

He didn't rap behind a gimmick or trend that would ever have the oppurtunity to run out... He spoke what was on his heart and mind, poetically and emotionally charged..... He didn't rely on beats to bring his songs to life, his words and presence brought beats to life.......

The only way Pac would ever fall off would've been when his candle wick went out, or when he lost interest.....

@19:45 listen to Pac's take on religion...... How many 30-40-50yearolds are spittin knowledge like that much less 25yo rappers.....?

Last edited by Universal~Mind; 07-08-2013 at 12:02 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
90 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
168 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
182 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy