Controversial/Interesting Discussion: Was 2Pac More Than Just A Rapper & What Did He Mean 2 U?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Warren Sapp blames CTE for sexually harassing woman
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ralo (Fam Goon) Posting Throwback MoneyBaggYo Ether
76 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '09        #81
MakaveliToDon91 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,612 | Props total: 4572 4572
 Analytical One said:
The most overrated rapper of all time.

It's a complete shame to hip-hop when a rapper is considered the greatest for provoking frivolous beefs that ended in the loss of several lives, having a couple statues in some obscure Eastern European countries, and because he's sold the most records for a hip-hop artist.

I've yet to come across a Tupac fan whose criterion for justifying why Tupac was the greatest had any of those ridiculous reasons listed above omitted from their justification.

The man's influence on hip-hop was mostly negative. He provided the catalyst for all the fake beef drama that has diluted the genre, he brought unnecessary attention to hip-hop which led to rappers being unjustly targetted (via the hip-hop police that was formed after his death), and his legion of fans that his music influenced are the most disrespectful hip-hop fans ever. I can't name how many times I've witnessed pantheons of hip-hop like Jay-Z, B.I.G., Nas, LL Cool J, et al. being totally disregarded of and disrespected--just as a result of them having had problems with Tupac when he was alive.

Whether it was from signing autographs for reputable Nazi members (he did so while incarcerated), to slandering black musical icons (Quincy Jones, B.I.G., etc.) while being completely submissive to white cultural icons (Madonna, the Versace owner, etc.), to him corrupting the positive aura in hip-hop at the time when he was alive (his beef with B.I.G. and the East Coast put an end to the Native Tongues/conscious movement), the man had an overall negative impact on hip-hop.

And worst of all Tupac is the very reason The Notorious B.I.G. is deceased, and he can never be forgiven for that.
How many times u gon post the same bullsh*t? Lmao

U gotta alotta nerve to play me, another gay rapper bustin caps at jay z

07-07-2013, 06:22 PM         #82
loyola llothta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
A lot of hurt new yorkers out here
 4 years ago '04        #83
D--BLACK 
space
space
$576 | Props total: 0 0
 mattdogg444 said:
just an overrated rapper to me
This.
 4 years ago '04        #84
Dash420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$14,762 | Props total: 6171 6171
Pac's passion behind his music what he stood for and represented uncompromisable..

he was like the malcom x of hiphop..no disrespect to malcom but in a way he really was minus the beef sh*t
 4 years ago '13        #85
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
 bigbarcelona said:
This is the problems with n*ggas today when it comes to PAC and how gullible they are to some of his mythical strengths... The n*gga wasn't hard, especially when he was in jail begging Suge to get him out. And trust me, the n*gga was little, so I doubt he was that n*gga that any of us could fear. Sure we all got flaws, but unfortunately some people's flaws are a lot stronger than the good they do and Tupac unfortunately was a victim to his obnoxious personality.

The n*gga gone slap somebody? Get the fu*k out of here. If the n*gga was built like The Rock or Vin Diesel sure, but he was just some skinny n*gga with a huge mouth.

Some of you n*ggas truly will ride anybody's d!ck, including a n*gga that had been dead nearly 20 YEARS AGO!
Shut your stupid a.ss up

Suge bailed him out because he heard Pac's music and wanted to sign him. It had nothing to do with Pac begging to get out. Suge just saw the dollar signs involved with signing Pac.

You obviously don't know the facts at all
 loyola llothta said:
I'm from NY and Love Pac
 07-07-2013, 06:31 PM         #86
donmeca2020 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i know alot of you wayne and kanye fans will start saying 2pac stans and whatever bullsh*t..... anyways here's my idea on him.

2pac was not only one of the greatest rappers of all time, he was actor, a poet and much more. sh*t im not even black and i loved his music when i was a teen, as i grew into my late teens early 20s i seen quite a few of the movies he was in. in this day and age, how many rappers can actually act ??? basically Pac was one of the few that actually was able to make it acting. just about every other rapper i've seen try acting in a movie were fu*king horrible.

Point blank the man had HOW MANY ALBUMS before he passed away??? quite a few... and how many came out afterwords because he had so much material made prior to his death? a good amount as well. most of his albums hit at least gold level and 2 of them went platinum.

It sickens me to hear alot of YOU jits, even the ones growing up nowadays saying wayne this, kanye that....

Point blank This man was and still is and will forever be a legend in rap/hip hop music.

give me 2pac music and all that music of that era any day over todays new sh*t.... i wanna fu*king just yawn and change the station when i hear whats playing on any hip hop station nowdays sh*ts all commericial and sounds alike...

Last edited by donmeca2020; 07-07-2013 at 06:35 PM..
 4 years ago '05        #87
CMar22 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,673 | Props total: 715 715
He helped me release my anger as a teenager without having to resort to violence. Showed me what not to do. I was a mexican kid living in Long Beach/Compton and related to so much he was saying. Dear Mama hit me in my gut when I first heard it. Still makes my throat dry everytime I hear it alone.

Dude wasn't the best lyrically or best story teller but he did a hell of a job holding your attention and writing a song that ment something. When you felt like partying or being a knuckle head he had songs for that too.

My Mount Rushmore of Music is
Bob Marley
Rage Against the Machine
2pac
The Beatles ??????? (Not sure who the 4th should be)
 4 years ago '05        #88
CMar22 5 heat pts
space
space
Oh and ps. I hate everything but like 3 songs that came after Makaveli. To me that was not 2pacs music.
 4 years ago '05        #89
CMar22 5 heat pts
space
space
 trill jackson said:
how the fu*k can you be a real n*gga if you change your whole personality after filming the movie juice? and he said nas watch too many movies? you switch up your whole persona after shooting a movie?
How young are you?
 07-07-2013, 06:45 PM         #90
donmeca2020 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Analytical One said:
The most overrated rapper of all time.

It's a complete shame to hip-hop when a rapper is considered the greatest for provoking frivolous beefs that ended in the loss of several lives, having a couple statues in some obscure Eastern European countries, and because he's sold the most records for a hip-hop artist.

I've yet to come across a Tupac fan whose criterion for justifying why Tupac was the greatest had any of those ridiculous reasons listed above omitted from their justification.

The man's influence on hip-hop was mostly negative. He provided the catalyst for all the fake beef drama that has diluted the genre, he brought unnecessary attention to hip-hop which led to rappers being unjustly targetted (via the hip-hop police that was formed after his death), and his legion of fans that his music influenced are the most disrespectful hip-hop fans ever. I can't name how many times I've witnessed pantheons of hip-hop like Jay-Z, B.I.G., Nas, LL Cool J, et al. being totally disregarded of and disrespected--just as a result of them having had problems with Tupac when he was alive.

Whether it was from signing autographs for reputable Nazi members (he did so while incarcerated), to slandering black musical icons (Quincy Jones, B.I.G., etc.) while being completely submissive to white cultural icons (Madonna, the Versace owner, etc.), to him corrupting the positive aura in hip-hop at the time when he was alive (his beef with B.I.G. and the East Coast put an end to the Native Tongues/conscious movement), the man had an overall negative impact on hip-hop.

And worst of all Tupac is the very reason The Notorious B.I.G. is deceased, and he can never be forgiven for that.
son your talking out of your a.ss right now..... to myself 2pac and B.I.G are on the top as 2 of the greatest rappers of all time. so because fans disrespected Nas and others, that 2pac's fault??? did he tell fans to go and be as*holes?? i seriously doubt it.

as far as 2pac being "submissive" to whites, and attacking black " icons" it is what it is.... the man was rebel and just didn't give a fu*k. He did what the fu*k he wanted.

would you do whatever society and the entertainment industry tells you to do because its just politically right and sells albums ? As far as all the other sh*t you spoke of you have no source for this.... once again another moron on boxden making sh*t up again....
 4 years ago '13        #91
HipHopFactz 436 heat pts436
space
space
$31,057 | Props total: 38338 38338
he was god
 4 years ago '04        #92
NAKHI ALLAH 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,217 | Props total: 1084 1084
 Bedewe22 said:
Nope. That n*gga was just a rapper to me.

07-07-2013, 07:13 PM         #93
Houdini 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He was more than a rapper because if we're going on rapping alone he wasn't the best but it was his overall impact which makes him the best. He was like an ambassador to the ghetto and the young struggling black youth. Dude gave alot and had big plans. To this day I find interviews I never heard and you can feel a sense that we lost someone special. Think about all he accomplished in his short 25 years with all the adversity in his life.
 4 years ago '11        #94
Teknishen04 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,364 | Props total: 236 236
2pac is a legend. Truly an amazing artist.

SMH at people criticizing him for talking about murder, money, and women in his raps. I look at hip-hop like I look at a painting. Its all subject to interpretation. It does not mean that the artist necessarily does what he paints. Instead, its an alternate reality. It could mean that artist is expressing some of his/her inner feelings, but at the same time, its also a property of ones imagination.

He mastered the art of hip-hop....POINT BLANK. His lyrics carried a lot of fire power, and I also felt like he was an old soul with wisdom far beyond his years.

2pac>>>
 07-07-2013, 07:24 PM         #95
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sir Bangz said:
Shut your stupid a.ss up

Suge bailed him out because he heard Pac's music and wanted to sign him. It had nothing to do with Pac begging to get out. Suge just saw the dollar signs involved with signing Pac.

You obviously don't know the facts at all

I'm from NY and Love Pac
That's some bullsh*t you talking about right there. It's a known fact that PAC signed with Suge primarily because at the time the n*gga was broke and was catching sh*t while he was incarcerated. That n*gga wasn't getting any respect in jail, that n*gga was dodging beatings and becoming someone's bi*ch in jail. To be honest, Suge not only signed him because of his talents, but also because he saw the desperation in PAC as well.

So go ahead and believe that's not the case, but trust me, n*ggas really are young or suppress the fact that PAC was bi*ch material in jail. Why you think he sagged his sh*t?
 07-07-2013, 07:30 PM         #96
CurlyD 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 loyola llothta said:
NY lost
 4 years ago '11        #97
SomeOnesoN 202 heat pts202
space
space
$17,237 | Props total: 1264 1264
big 2pac stan here..

i remember when pac died,, all the kids in my apartments were on some fu*k biggie sh*t.. radio kept pac i rotation, so people left their doors open blasting pac all day.. i got my cd taken away from my grandma cuz i kept listenin to "U wonder why they call u bi*ch".. I got my CD back, but 2pac raised my mentality as a revolutionary/ military mind" if u will..

[video - click to view]

Listen to this.. Immortal Technique k!lls it! IT is my new Pac, even though im not taking anything away from Pac at all. Love both artists.

I say what other rappers wish they could about the government
Pretend to not know me, but on the low they lovin’ it
So get money but don’t forget who you fu*kin wit’
The streets carry me like the Hebrew Arc of the Covenant
Respect is hard to earn but freedom is harder to get
Cops are the illest gang, the S.W.A.T. Team will slaughter your set
They say we’re too serious, that’s just part of our flesh
Cuz we’ll dance on ya fu*kin grave and party to death
House party in the hood, fu*k the Patterson n*gga
I roll deeper than Peruvians in Padison n*gga
The automatic will bring panic to the aristocratic , ecstasy addicts,
And little fu*kin industry f*ggots
Rappers got publicists like the mob
Wit’ no show jobs
Tryin’ to front like you put work up in the street?
Boot Camp Clik, Immortal Technique
On some thug sh*t, choke you to sleep
Cursin the rhyming scene, I’m bangin on the Feds in Medina
With the flow that expose America like Katrina
Behind doors they talk like Nixon, Mark Furman, and Mel Gibson
But I’ll fu*k that crowd up like the Pistons
But I been like that since Robert Downy Jr. was sniffin
Since 50 Cent’s mom was cookin crack in the kitchen
I’m stackin guns like they stackin up n*ggas in prison
But the most important thing we have against the system?

Last edited by SomeOnesoN; 07-07-2013 at 07:36 PM..
 07-07-2013, 07:38 PM         #98
CurlyD 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bigbarcelona said:
That's some bullsh*t you talking about right there. It's a known fact that PAC signed with Suge primarily because at the time the n*gga was broke and was catching sh*t while he was incarcerated. That n*gga wasn't getting any respect in jail, that n*gga was dodging beatings and becoming someone's bi*ch in jail. To be honest, Suge not only signed him because of his talents, but also because he saw the desperation in PAC as well.

So go ahead and believe that's not the case, but trust me, n*ggas really are young or suppress the fact that PAC was bi*ch material in jail. Why you think he sagged his sh*t?
so explain why Suge was trying to sign Pac since he watched "Brendas got a baby" explain why Suge said "Pac is deathrow"

Why are Pac haters still mad damn near 20 years later someone plz explain why?
 07-07-2013, 07:47 PM         #99
loyola llothta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 curlyd said:
NY lost
Its been about 17 years and these new yorkers still mad like flex. Weak minded a.ss dudes pac didn't start the east vs west so why they mad for
 4 years ago '05        #100
4REAL 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,432 | Props total: 1371 1371
This is why I dislike threads like this. Even though the OP has great intentions, threads like this only give Pac haters a haven to dish their propaganda and garbage. People sit up here and come up with the most outlandish things to discredit 2Pac by saying "2Pac was a bi*ch in jail". How would you know? Were you locked up with him in Riker's Island? I hate that threads like this do nothing but give haters a voice. The 2Pac haters specifically those from NY or stans of NY artists or people who don't have a true understanding of who the man was or what his music was about will say anything to discredit the man.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
76 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
43 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
97 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
251 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
156 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
113 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy