Controversial/Interesting Discussion: Was 2Pac More Than Just A Rapper & What Did He Mean 2 U?

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
147 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
71 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
71 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '10        #61
StillScrappy 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,940 | Props total: 63 63
Thug Life
 4 years ago '07        #62
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,322 | Props total: 1109 1109
 mattdogg444 said:
just an overrated rapper to me
^^^ THIS.. there is no reason why he should be more than this... Yall calling him an idol and sh*t.. some of yall trippin hard...
 4 years ago '04        #63
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,661 | Props total: 11302 11302
my father.
 4 years ago '12        #64
Theboybreblue 48 heat pts48
space
space
$3,380 | Props total: 3441 3441
 knowlege bass said:
People need parenting, the very fact that people look to rappers as their life inspiration is sad to me. I am not saying music should not inspire emotional response but looking at an artist as a primary source of inspiration is insane.
Are you serious? What about those with no parents? To see somebody in a similar situation as you make it out that situation is incredibly inspirational! And I'm not just talkin about becoming a rapper. You obviously never had a hard day I your life. Because it's not about them being a rapper or artist. It's about the person behind the flash and fame. n*ggas love J because he came from nothin and now he's a respectable business man touchin shoulders with the president. Who are your idols n*gga?
 4 years ago '12        #65
Theboybreblue 48 heat pts48
space
space
$3,380 | Props total: 3441 3441
You can really tell how old some n*ggas is in here that's for damn sure, why time you n*ggas get outa class? 3:15?
 4 years ago '09        #66
Lil Jay 30 heat pts30
space
space
$7,998 | Props total: 422 422
a prophet
 4 years ago '06        #67
J_Teflon 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,742 | Props total: 2947 2947
chief keef the modern day Pac
 07-07-2013, 04:34 PM         #68
loyola llothta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MOTTAFOOKAH said:
^^^ THIS.. there is no reason why he should be more than this... Yall calling him an idol and sh*t.. some of yall trippin hard...
While your idol is yusuke urameshi GTFOH
 4 years ago '09        #69
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,299 | Props total: 7941 7941
pac was no different then 50 cent, well, maybe 1 thing was different, 50 was actually a street dude

matter of fact, pac is more like ja rule..fake thug....but he was a dope rapper though, but he shouldnt have been hanging with street dudes if he wasnt "bout that life" as they say plus he lets suge financially r*pe him, that says alot, a man should never allow another man to r*pe him financially
 4 years ago '05        #70
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,729 | Props total: 12514 12514
Pac was way more than a rapper, music is such a powerful tool. Too me he was a revolutionary, and to this day the only mainstream rapper who was at the top openly sh*tting on the government and speaking on real sh*t. At the same time, Pac didn't over-saturate the airwaves with that bullsh*t, so he wouldn't sound like he was "preaching" to people, he gave you a few club bangers as well..

At the end of the day, Pac wasn't a thug or I didn't think he had to do half the shoot em up bang bang to other n*ggas, because he was so busy helping his community. He held TONS of charities all over the country that most people don't even know about, nor did he ever want it to be publicized. This is the same guy who shot two off duty cops when he saw them harassing a black man. Pac was like the Jesus of Hip Hop, why every rapper was on his balls. The 90's was rough for a young black man, it was the peak of black on black crime, racial profiling,etc.. Pac was a get away for a lot of 90's teens.I also felt he faked the Thug sh*t so he could get the "thugs to tune in".. It was a smart attempt because Thugs aren't listening to Lupe.

Pac knew how to reach every demographic. From the thugs, to the intellectual, to the surban white kids, and globally. Jay Z is the only other rapper who I felt reached that status, but Jay-Z is a puppet and Pac wasn't a sellout, he had Blank Panther in his veins, so you know he was always on some Black empowerment sh*t above anything. And thats why he was k!lled.

there's no rappers out right now coming out with this sh*t.. Pac predicted the entire future of hip hop. He said the radio would turn off the days of when rappers could speak out openly about the horrible conditions in the ghetto, and would only play "club happy happy" music, eventually turning hip hop into a gimmic, instead of a voice of the ghetto.

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Last edited by Hold That; 07-07-2013 at 04:57 PM..
 4 years ago '05        #71
Stupendamatic 117 heat pts117
space
space
$18,471 | Props total: 3353 3353
I can feel where OP is coming from. I can relate to it as well, I spent a lot of time with my Uncle growing up and he was a big Pac fan. That's pretty much how I got into rap music. As I grew older, the words in music from certain artists carried more meaning.

Bruce Lee was famous for developing his own stye of f!ghting by taking what was useful to him from other styles and disregarding the rest. I take that same approach in life, and music is no different. Pac has a lot of songs that I was able to connect with and it helped mold me as I grew older.
 4 years ago '08        #72
MrFourteen5 
space
space
$3,648 | Props total: 6059 6059
 YI-Drizzy said:
these camel stans soul start burning every time a pac or nas thread pop up

how you gonna be insecure for a n*gga that dont even know you
Pretty much sums up the direction that this thread took. If u werent at least in Jr High when he passed then of course hes not gonna mean as much to you. But why is Jay even mentioned in here? Has nothing to do with him. These stans/sheep k!ll me.
 07-07-2013, 05:08 PM         #73
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
A rapper and annoying as fu*k. Too many personalities to keep up with, insecure, paranoid, a loudmouth and an attention seeker that pretended to be hard when we has not. I can't lied, he always connected with his fans, and definitely was about the art of making great or better yet QUALITY music or a statement about spciety that most rappers lack today (including Jay Z, KANYE, Tip, Jeezy, Em or even then Biggie), but his flaws to me overshadow his good qualities. That's how I saw him then, that's how I see him today and that's pretty much it.

Last edited by bigbarcelona; 07-07-2013 at 05:11 PM..
 4 years ago '13        #74
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
Pac was way more than just a rapper. Just based off the fact that he died so many years ago and people still talking to him, and use him as a benchmark of comparison with today's top rapper's like Jay-Z and Lil Wayne(back before Wayne went to jail). It shows that Pac is way more than a rapper and he continues to inspire people through his music, even today as he lays in his grave.

R.I.P Pac

HipHopFactz said:
so pac never threw money around before dr?

"I get money"

whats wrong with dissin dre? he wasn't the first and wasn't the last only reason he dissed dre was cuz someone told him dre was outside the court when snoop was facing life and all he had to do was testify

and he never dissed snoop on any song, he had a lil drama with him and the only reason we know about it was after he died by a bodyguard, lawz, suge and snoop.

and snoop said pac was right to be angry at him cuz he handled the situation the wrong way, but it was never that serious that dudes wudnt have squashed it

pac thought he was better than who exactly?

u realize soon as pac got a deal he was marked for death, on his way to the juice movie premier, the limo he was in was shot at, he was shot at again at a charity baseball match, some kid caught a stray,

"drivebys and lil kids die"

he was again shot at by off duty cops,

he was den again shot at and this time took 5 at quad studios and then again he was shot in vegas where he died a few days later.

pac never stood a chance, he wud have died some way or another, sooner or later, dudes with his background and family tree aren't meant to survive, its jail or death.
Never knew that.(reffering to the stuff I underlined from this quoted post)

bigbarcelona said:
A rapper and annoying as fu*k. Too many personalities to keep up with, insecure, paranoid, a loudmouth and an attention seeker that pretended to be hard when we has not. I can't lied, he always connected with his fans, and definitely was about the art of making great or better yet QUALITY music or a statement about spciety that most rappers lack today (including Jay Z, KANYE, Tip, Jeezy, Em or even then Biggie), but his flaws to me overshadow his good qualities. That's how I saw him then, that's how I see him today and that's pretty much it.
Nobody is perfect. If someone is human which I would a.ssume they are, they will have flaws

If you want a perfect rapper then you should try rapping yourself

On top of that, pac was a tough person. I'm sure if he was alive today you could never say that to his face, cause he would have beat your stupid a.ss up

Last edited by Guvnor; 07-07-2013 at 05:29 PM..
 4 years ago '11        #75
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
Pac is the most respected person in the black community you go in any hood and they love him
 07-07-2013, 05:46 PM         #76
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sir Bangz said:
Pac was way more than just a rapper. Just based off the fact that he died so many years ago and people still talking to him, and use him as a benchmark of comparison with today's top rapper's like Jay-Z and Lil Wayne(back before Wayne went to jail). It shows that Pac is way more than a rapper and he continues to inspire people through his music, even today as he lays in his grave.

R.I.P Pac

Never knew that.(reffering to the stuff I underlined from this quoted post)

Nobody is perfect. If someone is human which I would a.ssume they are, they will have flaws

If you want a perfect rapper then you should try rapping yourself

On top of that, pac was a tough person. I'm sure if he was alive today you could never say that to his face, cause he would have beat your stupid a.ss up
This is the problems with n*ggas today when it comes to PAC and how gullible they are to some of his mythical strengths... The n*gga wasn't hard, especially when he was in jail begging Suge to get him out. And trust me, the n*gga was little, so I doubt he was that n*gga that any of us could fear. Sure we all got flaws, but unfortunately some people's flaws are a lot stronger than the good they do and Tupac unfortunately was a victim to his obnoxious personality.

The n*gga gone slap somebody? Get the fu*k out of here. If the n*gga was built like The Rock or Vin Diesel sure, but he was just some skinny n*gga with a huge mouth.

Some of you n*ggas truly will ride anybody's d!ck, including a n*gga that had been dead nearly 20 YEARS AGO!

Last edited by bigbarcelona; 07-07-2013 at 05:59 PM..
 4 years ago '08        #77
Chedda 436 heat pts436
space
space
$16,301 | Props total: 32230 32230
Some of you need to sit the fu*k down. Do not buy into the bullsh*t that he lived the life he rapped about. He was an entertainer. He rapped about loving his mother all the way to k!lling n*ggas.

Simply put, he was just in it to sell records, as is every other musician out there.

Aside from the thug image, I do like some of the more humane contributions he had going on. All-in-all he was a genius, talented actor, and entertainer, he definitely knew how to hustle the game. I believe he knew he was going to die young and made all those songs cause he knew they would sell AFTER his death. That way his moms would be taken care of.
 07-07-2013, 06:02 PM         #78
Analytical One 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The most overrated rapper of all time.

It's a complete shame to hip-hop when a rapper is considered the greatest for provoking frivolous beefs that ended in the loss of several lives, having a couple statues in some obscure Eastern European countries, and because he's sold the most records for a hip-hop artist.

I've yet to come across a Tupac fan whose criterion for justifying why Tupac was the greatest had any of those ridiculous reasons listed above omitted from their justification.

The man's influence on hip-hop was mostly negative. He provided the catalyst for all the fake beef drama that has diluted the genre, he brought unnecessary attention to hip-hop which led to rappers being unjustly targetted (via the hip-hop police that was formed after his death), and his legion of fans that his music influenced are the most disrespectful hip-hop fans ever. I can't name how many times I've witnessed pantheons of hip-hop like Jay-Z, B.I.G., Nas, LL Cool J, et al. being totally disregarded of and disrespected--just as a result of them having had problems with Tupac when he was alive.

Whether it was from signing autographs for reputable Nazi members (he did so while incarcerated), to slandering black musical icons (Quincy Jones, B.I.G., etc.) while being completely submissive to white cultural icons (Madonna, the Versace owner, etc.), to him corrupting the positive aura in hip-hop at the time when he was alive (his beef with B.I.G. and the East Coast put an end to the Native Tongues/conscious movement), the man had an overall negative impact on hip-hop.

And worst of all Tupac is the very reason The Notorious B.I.G. is deceased, and he can never be forgiven for that.
 4 years ago '04        #79
JacmanPones 23 heat pts23
space
space
$3,147 | Props total: 590 590
 FreshBeatzBx said:

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '09        #80
WiLL 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,927 | Props total: 192 192
The Greatest
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith passes Kobe for 12th all-time in 3 pointers made
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
4 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If big tiddies and a phat ass aren't your cup of tea, then this isn't ..
61 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy