Controversial/Interesting Discussion: Was 2Pac More Than Just A Rapper & What Did He Mean 2 U?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
68 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #41
waytoomuch 4 heat pts
space
space
$27,612 | Props total: 8936 8936
 YARKONE said:
if u cant see the change in pac's public image, there is really no point in arguing.
n***a u can't argue. we givin u a chance 2 show us the "change in pac's public image" n the best u comin up wit is "throwin money around" as if he wuzn't doin that prior 2 his deathrow days. bruh, jus sit down sumwhere.
 5 years ago '05        #42
YARKONE 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,500 | Props total: 378 378
 waytoomuch said:
n***a u can't argue. we givin u a chance 2 show us the "change in pac's public image" n the best u comin up wit is "throwin money around" as if he wuzn't doin that prior 2 his deathrow days. bruh, jus sit down sumwhere.
shut ur teen a.ss up... im not going to go all wikipedia on u for things that been pointed out millions of times.

There was a change, Vegas Pac wasnt Quad Studio Pac. /get over it.
 05-18-2013, 01:40 PM         #43
Nasty Neighbor 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^ yo have you ever been to a maximum security prison before?
 5 years ago '06        #44
waytoomuch 4 heat pts
space
space
$27,612 | Props total: 8936 8936
 YARKONE said:
shut ur teen a.ss up... im not going to go all wikipedia on u for things that been pointed out millions of times.

There was a change, Vegas Pac wasnt Quad Studio Pac. /get over it.
lol @ u bringin up wikipedia. the only way u can talk about pac is bringin up wikipedia. u ol' google a** n***a. u cant even put up an effective argument 2 back up ur weak a** claims. foh n***a
 5 years ago '11        #45
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 YI-Drizzy said:
these camel stans soul start burning every time a pac or nas thread pop up

how you gonna be insecure for a n*gga that dont even know you
Came in here to say this almost verbatim

These n*ggas are pathetic
 5 years ago '07        #46
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
space
$11,915 | Props total: 573 573
 Retro said:
Came in here to say this almost verbatim

These n*ggas are pathetic
i hope you're on the pill

5 years ago '10        #47
jmheight1 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,293 | Props total: 7641 7641
An example of someone that was very self aware of the sh*t he was doing, and where it would head. But still continued to try and prove his "realness" and "thuglife" to worthless people. Clown.

Great music though.
 5 years ago '07        #48
A-L-P 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,040 | Props total: 1023 1023
 HipHopFactz said:
so pac never threw money around before dr?

"I get money"

whats wrong with dissin dre? he wasn't the first and wasn't the last only reason he dissed dre was cuz someone told him dre was outside the court when snoop was facing life and all he had to do was testify

and he never dissed snoop on any song, he had a lil drama with him and the only reason we know about it was after he died by a bodyguard, lawz, suge and snoop.

and snoop said pac was right to be angry at him cuz he handled the situation the wrong way, but it was never that serious that dudes wudnt have squashed it

pac thought he was better than who exactly?

u realize soon as pac got a deal he was marked for death, on his way to the juice movie premier, the limo he was in was shot at, he was shot at again at a charity baseball match, some kid caught a stray,

"drivebys and lil kids die"

he was again shot at by off duty cops,

he was den again shot at and this time took 5 at quad studios and then again he was shot in vegas where he died a few days later.

pac never stood a chance, he wud have died some way or another, sooner or later, dudes with his background and family tree aren't meant to survive, its jail or death.
Pac wasn't marked for death like that, he put himself alot of those situations. He admits it in interviews. All those incidences you named were on some street stuff, not really a conspiracy. I hate to say it, Pac was bigger than life and all, we wanna believe that an intelligent promising dude like that would be above certain things, but that stuff was self inflicted for the most part. There's consequences to actions. I remember when that little kid got shot early in his career....Pac actually incited that incident to happen. His friends that were there, and his brother Mopreme also told the story about what happened. A f!ght got way out of control, someone pulled a gun, a kid got hit in the crossfire, the neighborhood people chased Pac and his crew, he ran under a car, he almost got k!lled himself that day. The cops interviened. There's footage of the victims family crying to the news reporter that "tupac changed since he became famous, he was homeless when he came here and we took him in". He was shot at by the off duty cops when he interupted their harassment of the black dude they were stopping. It seems like you're implying that it was premeditated.

Pac got shot in NY because he crossed some street cats. He spoke about Haitian Jack to the NY Times and called him a snitch (he was), and dissing him in public at parties. Jack sent the goons to beat up Pac and rob him of the jewlery that he brought him, Pac resisted and went for his gun, and they shot him. Pac had more heart than anybody, but at the end of the day, there was consequences to his actions, he knew what kind of people he was dealing with, he probably just didn't care lol.

I get that Pac wasn't the type to back down from much, and he was outspoken and pretty much fearless, add that to the fact that he was living a fast life, and surrounded by street cats, he was gonna get k!lled eventually, and he knew that, that's why he recorded so much, and lived life to the fullest. There's even stories about him beating up gang members way before the Vegas incident. He was smart enough and self aware to know that he wouldn't last to long at the rate he was going. I won't say that he wasn't being targeted by the government at all (he had a FBI file on him like most other rappers during the time), but I do believe that the streets got to him first, before the govenment could lol. Alot of people don't like entertaining the thought of his lifestyle catching up to him....it's not the romantic "he was silenced for wanting to start a revolution" picture that's easier to digest.

Last edited by A-L-P; 05-18-2013 at 03:26 PM..
 4 years ago '13        #49
puffmypiff2k9 71 heat pts71 OP
space
space
$2,133 | Props total: 30 30
Happy Birthday to the greatest to ever do it. Makaveli the Don. 2 those saying he wasn't more than just a rapper. When's the last time your favorite rapper use his influence and did something to help the community and change public opinion on a political level for the benefit of the community and the people affected.

In 1996 2Pac stood against Prop 209 in the state of california. A prop that discriminated against Women & Minorities.

"California law currently allows tutoring, mentoring, outreach, recruitment, and counseling to help ensure equal opportunity for women and minorities. Proposition 209 will eliminate affirmative action programs like these that help achieve equal opportunity for women and minorities in public employment, education and contracting. Instead of reforming affirmative action to make it fair for everyone, Proposition 209 makes the current problems worse."
The measure would eliminate a variety of public school (kindergarten through grade 12) and community college programs such as counseling, tutoring, student financial aid, and financial aid to selected school districts, where these programs are targeted based on race, s3x, ethnicity or national origin."

[video - click to view]

Once Pac got involved with Prop 209 there was a sharp turnaround in public opinion. In the spring, the polling showed that 209 was passing in a landslide. Once Pac was involved, he energized his base to the extent that the Proposition was almost defeated. The only logical conclusion is that Pac single-handedly delivered millions of voters to the polls to vote NO on 209. I remember reading that political scientists believed that if Pac lived 209 would have been defeated. He was doing a tremendous amount of work behind the scenes, all while recording three albums a day, shooting movies, and engaging in a number of other things.

R.I.P 2Pac
 4 years ago '12        #50
Mr Fujaveli 36 heat pts36
space
space
$23,455 | Props total: 12821 12821
 Liv2tell said:
Happy Birthday to the greatest to ever do it. Makaveli the Don. 2 those saying he wasn't more than just a rapper. When's the last time your favorite rapper use his influence and did something to help the community and change public opinion on a political level for the benefit of the community and the people affected.

In 1996 2Pac stood against Prop 209 in the state of california. A prop that discriminated against Women & Minorities.

"California law currently allows tutoring, mentoring, outreach, recruitment, and counseling to help ensure equal opportunity for women and minorities. Proposition 209 will eliminate affirmative action programs like these that help achieve equal opportunity for women and minorities in public employment, education and contracting. Instead of reforming affirmative action to make it fair for everyone, Proposition 209 makes the current problems worse."
The measure would eliminate a variety of public school (kindergarten through grade 12) and community college programs such as counseling, tutoring, student financial aid, and financial aid to selected school districts, where these programs are targeted based on race, s3x, ethnicity or national origin."

Once Pac got involved with Prop 209 there was a sharp turnaround in public opinion. In the spring, the polling showed that 209 was passing in a landslide. Once Pac was involved, he energized his base to the extent that the Proposition was almost defeated. The only logical conclusion is that Pac single-handedly delivered millions of voters to the polls to vote NO on 209. I remember reading that political scientists believed that if Pac lived 209 would have been defeated. He was doing a tremendous amount of work behind the scenes, all while recording three albums a day, shooting movies, and engaging in a number of other things.

R.I.P 2Pac
the only musician that can bring tears to a grown mans eyes
 07-07-2013, 09:12 AM         #51
_Monk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
2Pac is/was the greatest artist to ever touch a pen or a mic... not just in hip hop but across all genres of music... i put him ahead of the greats, like John Lennon and Bob Dylan.... of course it comes down to personal taste but 2Pac was more than just a rapper... he was an activist, a revolutionary... he meant so much to so many people... i still have a hard time listening to some of his songs without getting tears in my eyes and im not ashamed to admit it... i was actually alive when Pac was and old enough to remember him and buy his cd's when they came out... my first ever CD i owned was 2pacalypse Now.. i remember i bought All Eyez On Me the day is came out and was confused because i knew it was a double cd but it wasnt shaped like it so i was like, "uhm, isnt this 2 cds?" and the person showed me it was... i was 14 i believe at the time... my mom would buy his albums for me if the store wouldnt let me because all i had to do was play her "Dear Mama" from a mixtape i made from a friend who had the actual cd and she bought it for me... even after my dad took it back and said i was too young, she snuck it back to me and told me to keep it hidden....

i still cry when i think about his death and everything... he just seemed so much bigger than life and the fact that he was taken away from us isnt fair and still hurts to this day and i dont really give a sh*t who makes fun of me because of my emotions when it comes to 2Pac... songs like Unconditional Love and Keep Ya Head Up and Dear Mama... he had so many soulful and beautiful songs... and then he could grab you by the chest the very next song and have you bobbin your head... he had a message in his music, he wasn't your typical guns and k!llin rapper... that's why i hate when people compare him to Biggie or when you see this top artist countdowns and they put Biggie and 2pac at the same number.... like they were the same person.... it pisses me off because they were soooo different... Biggie was a great rapper, i can't deny that... but Pac was so much more than a rapper and i fu*king sucks that he was taken away from us.. i guess i know how our parents felt when John Lennon was k!lled... why would someone do this? take away someone so talented and he was only 25... can you imagine if he had lived to be as old as John Lennon or even just a couple more years, like Kurt Cobain... he could have accomplished so much.. it's still heartbreaking to this day... but honestly when he said he, "im not going to change the world but i guarantee i will someday spark the brain that will change the world".... i believe that sh*t is happening now, just when you see a black president and things in the world happening the way they are... he was so much more than a typical rapper and we will never see anyone like him again.... people that legendary and meaningful only come around once in a lifetime and this was the great i got to live to see and even tho it was short, im glad i was alive to witness just a piece of his greatness.
 4 years ago '06        #52
Janx 
space
space
space
$500 | Props total: 27 27
Pac was more than a rapper and his death is a realization that there is a bigger force that controls hip hop besides the rappers and the record labels. Only rapper I know to shoot a cop in the a.ss and get off!!

When Pac got shot I think it was a gift and a curse. A gift because he realized just how important his time on earth was and his work ethic was crazy; but it was a curse because he didn't focus all his energy where he should and could have!!!
 4 years ago '06        #53
RAZAH CUTS 5839 heat pts5839
space
space
$54,071 | Props total: 18868 18868
he was more than a rapper to me...

one of the first few rap acts that I could actually feel..

as a lyricist he wasn't all that incredible, but still, his music contained a feeling and energy that is still unmatched today...
 4 years ago '13        #54
PursuitProgress 
space
space
$1,374 | Props total: 121 121
 knowlege bass said:
People need parenting, the very fact that people look to rappers as their life inspiration is sad to me. I am not saying music should not inspire emotional response but looking at an artist as a primary source of inspiration is insane.

Couldn't agree more. The music can act as the spark but it shouldn't be the fuel much less the guide!

* can you explain the pic in your avy?
 07-07-2013, 03:33 PM         #55
Cheesypoof 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man RIP pac

He was an Icon, way more than a rapper. Top 5 most influential people in my life
 4 years ago '10        #56
trill jackson 739 heat pts739
space
space
$18,880 | Props total: 13337 13337
how the fu*k can you be a real n*gga if you change your whole personality after filming the movie juice? and he said nas watch too many movies? you switch up your whole persona after shooting a movie?
 4 years ago '09        #57
BrooklynStiles 82 heat pts82
space
space
$10,450 | Props total: 8556 8556
I remember pac for being a snitch
 4 years ago '08        #58
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,030 | Props total: 5090 5090
Pac was that n*gga for real if you too young to really know you won't. It's like what X and King was to older folks. To watch a n*gga go through so much and still be up for more until they can't is just moving. Your inspired by the charisma of this person and you learn from their actions. Tupac didn't get his chance to make a serious political mark so it sounds kinda stupid to put his name in the same vein as the other two. I feel like what his mentality was put him right there and at 25. Nobodies perfect and at such a young age he made his impact. Were still talking about him when is the last time you talked about Easy E, Big Pun, Big L etc. The impact a person has on the world is what counts.
 07-07-2013, 03:51 PM         #59
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mattdogg444 said:
just an overrated rapper to me
 07-07-2013, 04:13 PM         #60
loyola llothta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Liv2tell said:

R.I.P 2Pac

Pac was like Jesus too me coming from Bahamas to Florida in the early 90's sh*t was hard a.ss fu-k bak then pac music his words just hold so much to a n*gga going through the bulls-t in the inner city and never had nothing r.i.p pac goat
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
112 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
139 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
167 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
130 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
352 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy