Controversial/Interesting Discussion: Was 2Pac More Than Just A Rapper & What Did He Mean 2 U?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
56 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
75 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #21
YARKONE 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,500 | Props total: 378 378
The catchphrase real Pac fans pushed on us practically the day after he died... was LIVE BY THE GUN... DIE BY THE GUN!

How the fu*k is that your role model in life. His last year on earth should be motivation enough to not be like him.

His thug life personna was one thing, and going deep in the message he was kinda right... But his death row image was fu*kin bullsh*t and did not help any poor community at all.
 05-18-2013, 05:25 AM         #22
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
his deathrow image was his detroit red saga

he was a black panther activist for the vast majority of his life, I'd rather focus on the good than the bad

[video - click to view]

05-18-2013, 05:50 AM         #23
Nasty Neighbor 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i think pac was pretty much dead inside throughout 1996

to say he was trying to be something he isn't is laughable. n*gga was shooting police and sh*t before he even signed with death row. bro lost all hope in the last couple of years of his life which is why he did all that sh*t talking

Last edited by Nasty Neighbor; 05-18-2013 at 05:53 AM..
 5 years ago '10        #24
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,867 | Props total: 13663 13663
 TheMindOf said:
Hov making moves...

Keep the irrelevant Pac threads coming

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #25
xo xo xo 85 heat pts85
space
space
space
$5,426 | Props total: 430 430
Just another rapper who now is a bit overrated.
 5 years ago '06        #26
waytoomuch 4 heat pts
space
space
$27,612 | Props total: 8936 8936
^

look @ all the stans 4 these other rappers upset that there fav mc's dont get as much luv as pac.
 5 years ago '06        #27
waytoomuch 4 heat pts
space
space
 YARKONE said:
The catchphrase real Pac fans pushed on us practically the day after he died... was LIVE BY THE GUN... DIE BY THE GUN!

How the fu*k is that your role model in life. His last year on earth should be motivation enough to not be like him.

His thug life personna was one thing, and going deep in the message he was kinda right... But his death row image was fu*kin bullsh*t and did not help any poor community at all.
wtf is a deathrow image? n***a pac wuz tatted thug life, reppin westide, in n outta jail, smokin blunts, f!ghtin, dissin n***az n bein wreckless b4 deathrow. in fact wen he got on deathrow, he calmed down a bit. so please xplain 2 me wtf his deathrow image wuz about. pac always represented the same thing thruout his career. all the deathrow pac n pre deathrow pac bulls**t needs 2 stop.
 05-18-2013, 07:35 AM         #28
Nasty Neighbor 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
these camel stans soul start burning every time a pac or nas thread pop up

how you gonna be insecure for a n*gga that dont even know you
 5 years ago '12        #29
Dee352 170 heat pts170
space
space
$10,741 | Props total: 610 610
jay z stans mad
 5 years ago '07        #30
bx kid 4 heat pts
space
space
$7,211 | Props total: 1269 1269
 Mr Fujaveli said:
Much more than a rapper to me....he's pretty much my idol....he's honestly the main reason I'm doing what I'm doing in life now...He just has this magnetic something about him....he touches people like no one I've ever heard(all genres)....dude was barely 25 years old, that's amazing to me right there....If people stop letting the media paint Pac for them they'll realize that he is (in my opinion) the greatest person ever born.....lol seriously, to me atleast....just watch some of his interviews....he is the only "perfect" rapper......and that's not all skill, its where he came from, who his family is/was....how he grew up....there will never be another.....and 2nite when I pray b4 going to bed(if I don't pass out drunk) I'll do like I do everytime I pray and say goodnight and thank you to the greatest of all time(any genre) Makaveli The Don.....fu*k y'all hate lol

This
 5 years ago '07        #31
A-L-P 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,040 | Props total: 1023 1023
 majestic75 said:
Tupac was a self-absorbed hypocrite piece of sh*t who dropped a few positive songs in between being a self absorbed piece of sh*t.
The funny thing is, you and the OP are both right about Tupac imo. That's what's crazy about him. Dude had an amazing mind to be so young, and he did alot of good for people while he was here, but I think his exceptional intelligence from an early age, and the way he was raised (bred to be a leader), caused him to be arrogant. Tupac himself admits that he's arrogant, and had ego issues in a number of interviews. From what I've read about him from his childhood friends book, he definitely had some ego issues lol. He even once described his mother arrogant in an interview, so that say's alot about how Afeni probably raised him. From all accounts of people that knew him before and after fame, "Pac had his ways", I think he had a propesnsity to be manipulative and "Machiavellian" at times, but I also believe that he was an overal good person who cared alot about oppressed people. He had a big heart, you can tell, you can't do what he's done if you don't have a big heart...I doubt he was a sociopath lol. But when people have big hearts, they tend to have big other things....like big egos, big tempers, etc. Noones purely good, and noone's purely bad you know. He never claimed, nor tried to be a role model.

Keep in mind, dude was barely 25 when he died, and going through some things (some of them self inflicted mostly due to lack of age maturity and guiadance). He was born into a turbulent life, that's pretty much all he knew (conflict), and alot of people do some dumb things before they fully mature, it's just that his mistakes were broadcasted, and I think he handled alot of those situations better than most people would tbh. You would probably act out at times too, if you were under that much pressure. You might even know some people similar to Pac, it's just that they're not under the microscope.

With most great people though, there's always a fatal flaw that drives them to greatness.

Last edited by A-L-P; 05-18-2013 at 10:10 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #32
A-L-P 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,040 | Props total: 1023 1023
And to answer OP's topic. Yeah, he was more than just a rapper to me. I look at him like an actor, activist, poet, with strong social skills who just happened to rap. I think had he been born in an ealier generation, he would've been a famous orator, or maybe even a teacher or politician had he been born under different circumstances. Dude was something different to everyone who's meet him, they all have they're own unique experiences with Tupac, and they tend to describe him as something more.

I don't think he's perfect, looking at it objectively, he's not the best rapper (not that he ever tried to be technical), but he's my favorite rapper if that makes sense. However, I think his personality is better than his music, I think I listen to his interviews more than his music at times lol. While I am old enough to remember him when he was alive, I didn't really get into him heavy until after death, just off the strength of all the stuff that came out posthumously that showed more sides of him that we didn't get a chance to see while he was alive......cause let's be honest, the media had him looking crazy when he was alive lol, it was almost cartoon like, it was so one sided looking back now....you would've thought he was really crazy. The post stuff death added to the mystique, so it draws you in, and it definitely helped that he made great music to go along with it. I always liked his music, and I enjoyed Juice, Poetic Justice, and Above the Rim when he was alive (saw them all in theatres), he wasn't my favorite though....I thought Big's music was better, until Pac came out with California Love lol....then he became one of my favs around 95'/96'. When the poetry, first hand accounts, and interviews started coming out post death, it made me look at his work a little deeper than what I would have if he was still alive. Being as though he was dead, and I didn't think so much stuff would still be coming out, the percieved scarcity of his work made me look at every little detail of his work that he left behind (backtracking), and it helped give me a better persepctive of his stuff imo.

And I'm with you also, when you say that his reading list was inspiring, because I looked up alot of those books too. He sort of sparked my interest in reading even more, and I devoured alot of great life changing books because he helped spark my interest.

Last edited by A-L-P; 05-18-2013 at 10:46 AM..
 5 years ago '13        #33
HipHopFactz 437 heat pts437
space
space
$31,079 | Props total: 38466 38466
Pac died at 25

and ur fav rappers are nearing 40 and 50 and still havet made more classic albums than him or said some profound sh*t. Pac is a once in a lifetime artist, u wont see another Pac in this lifetime, he's a legend and his legacy carries on to grow and grow, the face of hip hop, the icon of pain and lost souls, jesusveli da don, ur fav rapper is still swag jackin him and trying to play catch up

Its amazing what Pac achieved by age 25 and how he cemented his greatness above all rappers period

Last edited by HipHopFactz; 05-18-2013 at 11:59 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #34
Mike in Tampa 20 heat pts20
space
space
$12,932 | Props total: 2449 2449
I was like 9 years old when PAC died. Aside from me hearing him on the radio, I didn't know much about him. I was more of a bone thugs fan back then.
 5 years ago '05        #35
YARKONE 4 heat pts
space
space
 waytoomuch said:
wtf is a deathrow image? n***a pac wuz tatted thug life, reppin westide, in n outta jail, smokin blunts, f!ghtin, dissin n***az n bein wreckless b4 deathrow. in fact wen he got on deathrow, he calmed down a bit. so please xplain 2 me wtf his deathrow image wuz about. pac always represented the same thing thruout his career. all the deathrow pac n pre deathrow pac bulls**t needs 2 stop.

throwin money around... 2 of americas most wanted... dissing dre... dissing snoop, just thinking he's better than anybody.

like i said... his thug life image was one thing... but his gangster image bought him a coffin.
 5 years ago '13        #36
HipHopFactz 437 heat pts437
space
space
$31,079 | Props total: 38466 38466
 YARKONE said:
throwin money around... 2 of americas most wanted... dissing dre... dissing snoop, just thinking he's better than anybody.

like i said... his thug life image was one thing... but his gangster image bought him a coffin.
so pac never threw money around before dr?

"I get money"

whats wrong with dissin dre? he wasn't the first and wasn't the last only reason he dissed dre was cuz someone told him dre was outside the court when snoop was facing life and all he had to do was testify

and he never dissed snoop on any song, he had a lil drama with him and the only reason we know about it was after he died by a bodyguard, lawz, suge and snoop.

and snoop said pac was right to be angry at him cuz he handled the situation the wrong way, but it was never that serious that dudes wudnt have squashed it

pac thought he was better than who exactly?

u realize soon as pac got a deal he was marked for death, on his way to the juice movie premier, the limo he was in was shot at, he was shot at again at a charity baseball match, some kid caught a stray,

"drivebys and lil kids die"

he was again shot at by off duty cops,

he was den again shot at and this time took 5 at quad studios and then again he was shot in vegas where he died a few days later.

pac never stood a chance, he wud have died some way or another, sooner or later, dudes with his background and family tree aren't meant to survive, its jail or death.

Last edited by HipHopFactz; 05-18-2013 at 01:11 PM..
 05-18-2013, 01:21 PM         #37
Nasty Neighbor 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 YARKONE said:

he got shot before he even signed with death row and he was better than everybody
 5 years ago '10        #38
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
 HipHopFactz said:
Pac died at 25

and ur fav rappers are nearing 40 and 50 and still havet made more classic albums than him or said some profound sh*t. Pac is a once in a lifetime artist, u wont see another Pac in this lifetime, he's a legend and his legacy carries on to grow and grow, the face of hip hop, the icon of pain and lost souls, jesusveli da don, ur fav rapper is still swag jackin him and trying to play catch up

Its amazing what Pac achieved by age 25 and how he cemented his greatness above all rappers period
Yes they have.
 5 years ago '06        #39
waytoomuch 4 heat pts
space
space
 YARKONE said:

lol @ throwin money around. u mean pac wuzn't flashin money b4 he got 2 deathrow?? as if throwin money around is like throwin gang signs. this n***a really 'typed throwin money around'. this the weakest argument ever as 2 y pac had a "gangster image". anybody that followed pac thruout his career knows his style never really changed. the theme of his career wuz still mostly about overthrowin oppressors. whether he wuz dissin the system, politicians, the media, or other rappers, he stuck wit the same them thruout. the "gangster image" pac is ur imagination runnin wild. pac thruout his career has always been the loudmouth skinny n***a tryna take on s**t that is twice his size. very rare wuz pac humble whether he wuz on deathrow or not

Last edited by waytoomuch; 05-18-2013 at 01:26 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #40
YARKONE 4 heat pts
space
space
if u cant see the change in pac's public image, there is really no point in arguing.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
80 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
71 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
32 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
82 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy