Korean BBQ.. Healthy Possibilities Or The Greatest Cheat Meal Of All Time?

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
148 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
187 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #1
27201 pageviews
28 comments

ILLUSHUN 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,089 | Props total: 327 327
Korean BBQ.. Healthy Possibilities Or The Greatest Cheat Meal Of All Time?

I've limited my caloric intake to 2,500 calories a day, and burn on average 500-900 on a daily basis, which has left me losing 9 lbs in about two weeks. Prior to dieting and changing my lifestyle I was in love with KBBQ. I mean if you've had it you'd understand. Now this post isn't necessarily for devote KBBQ-ers its to ask for the opinion on how to eat HEALTHY at a KBBQ spot. Korean BBQ restaurants are typically All-You-Can-Eat with your choice of marinated korean beef, marinate korean chicken, and thinly sliced pork belly. Korean salad is usually provided which is usually romaine lettuce, green onion and some sort of korean vinegar based dressing. Sides vary but almost always provides rice paper, and a healthy kimchi, which according to my research is EXCELLENT for your colon and keeps you regular. My question is, how HEALTHY or UNHEALTHY is it? Is there anyway to keep it healthy? My research online literally yields results of CHEAT meals, apparently an average meal will range from 1000-2000 calories, which I can understand but is there ANY way to eat this a healthy way? Thanks.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

28 comments for "Korean BBQ.. Healthy Possibilities Or The Greatest Cheat Meal Of All Time?"

5 years ago '04        #2
babalou 
space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 17 17
i'm hungry now
 5 years ago '09        #3
03tahoe 
space
space
space
$111 | Props total: 43 43
I have been wanting to try that stuff but now my mind is made up i am there Saturday with my sweatpants on lls
 5 years ago '04        #4
ILLUSHUN 3 heat pts OP
space
space
 03tahoe said:
I have been wanting to try that stuff but now my mind is made up i am there Saturday with my sweatpants on lls
you'll leave that place a changed man lol
 5 years ago '06        #5
layzie8171 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,544 | Props total: 201 201
what you know about gogi? sh*t is amazing. health wise its def better but as any bbq, but its not great diet wise. you can always eat it but portions are the key. give me kimchi and gogi or Bibimbap. love that sh*t. almost all korean food is kinda of geared towards being good for the body, but there are always some that are not. Gogi isnt necessarily bad for you, but its not good for you either.

Last edited by layzie8171; 04-18-2013 at 09:58 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #6
ILLUSHUN 3 heat pts OP
space
space
 layzie8171 said:
what you know about gogi? sh*t is amazing. health wise its def better but as any bbq its not great diet wise. you can always eat it but portions are the key. give me kimchi and gogi or Bibimbap. love that sh*t. almost all korean food is kinda of geared towards being good for the body, but there are always some that are not. Gogi isnt necessarily bad for you, but its not good for you either.
I just google imaged gogi and didnt see anything familiar, is it a beef?
 5 years ago '06        #7
layzie8171 42 heat pts42
space
space
 ILLUSHUN said:
I just google imaged gogi and didnt see anything familiar, is it a beef?
gogi or gogigui is literally meat + fried/roasting/grilled. its bbq beef to an extent. it is what you have a pic of.
 5 years ago '04        #8
ILLUSHUN 3 heat pts OP
space
space
 layzie8171 said:
gogi or gogigui is literally meat + fried/roasting/grilled. its bbq beef to an extent. it is what you have a pic of.
I apologize for not knowing my korean, what serving sizes would you recommend in regards to KBBQ though?
 5 years ago '06        #9
layzie8171 42 heat pts42
space
space
 ILLUSHUN said:
I apologize for not knowing my korean, what serving sizes would you recommend in regards to KBBQ though?
it hard to say to an extent. all places make it different with their own ingredients. judging by your pic id say that should be for about 2-4 people (depending on their diet) plus all the numerous side dishes.
not sure on the exact size in ounces but id say half of that. so prob around 4 ounces (+ or minus on your diet/ working out) it would prob be around 6-800 calories for that. but it also depends on the sauce they put on. sometimes it has tons of sugar in it depending on where you go.

edit: actually i think that pic is of Samgyeopsal (marinated pork). i dont really eat pork so its hard to say for that

Last edited by layzie8171; 04-18-2013 at 10:24 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #10
ILLUSHUN 3 heat pts OP
space
space
 layzie8171 said:
it hard to say to an extent. all places make it different with their own ingredients. judging by your pic id say that should be for about 2-4 people (depending on their diet) plus all the numerous side dishes.
not sure on the exact size in ounces but id say half of that. so prob around 4 ounces (+ or minus on your diet/ working out) it would prob be around 6-800 calories for that. but it also depends on the sauce they put on. sometimes it has tons of sugar in it depending on where you go.
yeah man its tough to call, i just a.ssume 1000+ calories and try to have it for lunch and not have a heavy dinner or breakfast
 5 years ago '11        #11
bd2eazy 37 heat pts37
space
space
$5,138 | Props total: 155 155
 layzie8171 said:
n*gga said GOgigui...

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #12
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,272 | Props total: 273 273
Korean bbq is fu*kin delicious....my girl is Korean and she took me to a few places and I got hooked on the BBQ and this one plate that has "rice cakes" buried in this orangish reddish sauce with a bunch of vegetables...

But I HIGHLY doubt the BBQ is a good thing to eat when cutting...it just seems like way too many calories especially when it's marinated.
 5 years ago '06        #13
layzie8171 42 heat pts42
space
space
 bd2eazy said:
n*gga said GOgigui...

[pic - click to view]

u do know it is the same thing just a different variety of it. both of those have different meanings. he was looking for bbq type food which can be a variety of gogi (gogigui) try again
 5 years ago '04        #14
ILLUSHUN 3 heat pts OP
space
space
 123456 said:
Korean bbq is fu*kin delicious....my girl is Korean and she took me to a few places and I got hooked on the BBQ and this one plate that has "rice cakes" buried in this orangish reddish sauce with a bunch of vegetables...

But I HIGHLY doubt the BBQ is a good thing to eat when cutting...it just seems like way too many calories especially when it's marinated.
yeah man, this sh*t is wishful thinking at this point
 5 years ago '05        #15
Sluggernaut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,461 | Props total: 4405 4405
I would recommend it for cutting but itll be a waste of money and there are way better alternatives. Just watch your portions. I for one love going to kbbq especially since its only down the street and we get coupons off groupons.com especially on a bulk
 5 years ago '04        #16
ILLUSHUN 3 heat pts OP
space
space
 OldeEnglish22oz said:
I would recommend it for cutting but itll be a waste of money and there are way better alternatives. Just watch your portions. I for one love going to kbbq especially since its only down the street and we get coupons off groupons.com especially on a bulk
you in la?
 5 years ago '11        #17
rayraysray 55 heat pts55
space
space
$1,180 | Props total: 333 333
theres that 15.95 AYCE 19.95 AYCE and 24.95 and 29.95 each unlocking the next tier of premium bbq items such as meats, seafood
 5 years ago '07        #18
Polo da don 
space
space
$483 | Props total: 32 32
Eating Korean TONIGHT! Been wanting to try it you just confirmed it......
 5 years ago '04        #19
ILLUSHUN 3 heat pts OP
space
space
 rayraysray said:
theres that 15.95 AYCE 19.95 AYCE and 24.95 and 29.95 each unlocking the next tier of premium bbq items such as meats, seafood
I've already reached level 24.99

Polo da don said:
Eating Korean TONIGHT! Been wanting to try it you just confirmed it......
enjoy the marinated short ribs bruh
 5 years ago '11        #20
bd2eazy 37 heat pts37
space
space
$5,138 | Props total: 155 155
 layzie8171 said:
u do know it is the same thing just a different variety of it. both of those have different meanings. he was looking for bbq type food which can be a variety of gogi (gogigui) try again
saying gogigui is like saying bbq

he asked if it was beef specifically.

what he had in the pic is bulgogi.

bulgogi is the bombest sh*t ever.

but were arguing semantics.

carry on.

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
74 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
173 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
75 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
49 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
27 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy