Apr 17 - Multiple casualties in Texas fertilizer plant explosion - reports

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
126 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #141
LABoy83 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,926 | Props total: 1492 1492
 Matt504 said:
bruh...

bruh.... look at this sh*t

cot damn!
i was skeptical at first about a missle, but what in the fxck was that shxt from the side
 5 years ago '07        #142
Ham Rove 3510 heat pts3510 OP
space
space
$55,197 | Props total: 19814 19814
 Kadillac87 said:
After every explosions, there's videos on YouTube with a slow motion replay saying it was a missle. This is what happens when people think Hollywood movies are depictions of real explosions.

Let me guess, the firef!ghters are going to be paid off by the government to not say anything about finding missile fragments in the debris when they search for survivors right?

obviously the fire dpt are gov plants, put there to destroy evidence of the missile
 5 years ago '04        #143
bnw99 16 heat pts16
space
space
$6,569 | Props total: 4129 4129
 LABoy83 said:

twitpic at the bottom. not my twitter though.

It says reviewed in the last week. But all of the reviews say that
Good lookin..
 5 years ago '04        #144
D.IrIsH 332 heat pts332
space
space
$5,188 | Props total: 7015 7015
 LABoy83 said:

cot damn!
i was skeptical at first about a missle, but what in the fxck was that shxt from the side
Science to the rescue!

The ammonia was in the air, at the point of explosion the amount in the air was concentrated enough to ignite.
 5 years ago '08        #145
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,054 | Props total: 4793 4793
 D.IrIsH said:
Science to the rescue!

The ammonia was in the air, at the point of explosion the amount in the air was concentrated enough to ignite.
Just wondering by your username, but are you Irish? Was thinking if you were, then you'd prob be familiar w/the fertilizer bombs the IRA used and how nasty fertilizer can be when it's on fire and the such.
 5 years ago '08        #146
space
space
 TB said:
all bullsh*t aside that really sounded and looked like a missile coming from the left side right before the explosion, how the hell the massive spark comes from the opposite side of the burning fire, and the loud noise before the explosion, something not adding up
An explosion at a plant full of explosive materials doesn't add up?
 5 years ago '11        #147
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 stlcardinals19 said:
 5 years ago '12        #148
eCity 420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,257 | Props total: 837 837

So @ the pentagon, what type of explosive materials were there?
 5 years ago '12        #149
Fresh.E 65 heat pts65
space
space
$17,462 | Props total: 4678 4678
 stlcardinals19 said:

Aliens did it bruh.

People getting scared though, so they run and blame the government
 5 years ago '11        #150
space
space
 eCity 420 said:

A plane full of jet fuel?
 5 years ago '08        #151
space
space
 eCity 420 said:

.........a plane?

Edit- Kadillac87 beat me to it

Last edited by stlcardinals19; 04-18-2013 at 11:16 AM..
 04-18-2013, 11:12 AM         #152
playazinc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SKEME said:
It almost looks like a missile hit the plant before it blew up look at the video closely.
Stop it.
For all the shady sh*t going on, this nonsense doesn't aid a damn thing. Not EVERYTHING is government a.ssisted.
 5 years ago '12        #153
gbmilwaukee 
space
space
$1,137 | Props total: 6 6
 stlcardinals19 said:
.........a plane?
These conspiracy theorists are ridiculous.
 5 years ago '11        #154
space
space

At around 6:50PM yesterday in West, Texas, just a few miles from Waco, a fertilizer plant plant owned by Adar Grain Inc. exploded with a force that reduced 50 units at a nearby apartment complex to "just a skeleton," registering as the equivalent of a magnitude 2.1 earthquake with the US Geological Survey.

About 50 minutes earlier, a West Fertilizer building called the "dry barn" caught fire and was completely engulfed in flames at the time the explosion occurred. The dry barn, said a West employee, was used to store ammonium nitrate ó a chemical compound of ammonia and nitric acid that is both a potent fertilizer and, under the right circumstances, a powerful explosive. Itís used in everything from construction and mining to IEDs, but probably best known as the fertilizer in the bomb that Timothy McVeigh used in his 1995 Oklahoma City attack. Last night, Department of Public Safety spokesman DL Wilson compared the current scene in West to the damage sustained by McVeighís target, the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building. At this point, over 100 people are reported to have been injured in the blast, with at least five believed dead.

"WATER, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, WILL SET OFF ANHYDROUS AMMONIA."

Itís still unclear whether ammonium nitrate, other chemicals, or a combination, were responsible for the blast at West Fertilizer. Many media reports so far have focused on the presence of anhydrous ammonia, one of the components used to make ammonium nitrate. Physicist Michio Kaku told CBS News that water from fire hoses could have reacted with the anhydrous ammonia on the premises. "Water, under certain conditions, will set off anhydrous ammonia," he explained. "The hose water might have set off the anhydrous ammonia, creating a chain reaction." Under normal conditions, ammonia is not explosive.

HOT POOLS OF AMMONIUM NITRATE CAN FORM WHEN IT'S CONFINED

Likewise, ammonium nitrate is rated as non-flammable and since it doesnít detonate under normal conditions (i.e., when itís not in the presence of fuel oil), itís generally thought to be non-hazardous. However, an Australian government report notes that in a fire, hot pools of ammonium nitrate can form when the chemical is confined, making it very sensitive to shock if it comes in contact with other flammable or combustible materials, oil, metals, or other chemicals. It is also a strong oxidizing agent, supplying oxygen to the fuel in a fire even when thereís no air available. That strong oxidizing property can even risk causing combustible materials like paper and oil to ignite.

The story is still unfolding. Rescue teams are still searching for the missing, and Police Sgt. William Patrick Swanton is telling the press that it will be a slow process going forward. "It is tedious, it is time consuming, it is a very methodical process they are doing," he said.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #155
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,328 | Props total: 2733 2733
First of this is a fertilizer plant. It is basic common sense that a big giant flame can explode a building across from it especially when there is flammable vapor around that building. It is fertilizer which is highly flammable and a main ingredient on home made bombs. You want to mimic that explosion at home. Light a candle then poor Alcohol all over some fire works and put it away from the flame. The alcohol vapor should ignite the firework and make it explode since the vapor is what us highly flammable. Think how big that flame is. Now think about how static shock can make a car explode when gassing up. Now times that by a million.
 5 years ago '06        #156
datVAkid 37 heat pts37
space
space
$13,451 | Props total: 2645 2645
n*gga it was some gnomes that did it
 5 years ago '12        #157
eCity 420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,257 | Props total: 837 837
 Kadillac87 said:
A plane full of jet fuel?
 stlcardinals19 said:
.........a plane?

Edit- Kadillac87 beat me to it
 gbmilwaukee said:
These conspiracy theorists are ridiculous.

Aiite fu*k this, I was high as fu*k last night when I was callin that sh*t a missle.

I forgot all bout the flammable vapors, funny cause I was vaporizing last night too
 5 years ago '04        #158
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,442 | Props total: 6037 6037
 eCity 420 said:

Aiite fu*k this, I was high as fu*k last night when I was callin that sh*t a missle.

I forgot all bout the flammable vapors, funny cause I was vaporizing last night too
 5 years ago '10        #159
Staszy 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$2,425 | Props total: 3 3
 TB said:
all bullsh*t aside that really sounded and looked like a missile coming from the left side right before the explosion, how the hell the massive spark comes from the opposite side of the burning fire, and the loud noise before the explosion, something not adding up
I don't even know why I go into the news section on BX..
 5 years ago '04        #160
getyagameup 24 heat pts24
space
space
$4,044 | Props total: 27 27
wow. i hope that little girl gets her hearing back. that was crazy. he felt that blast hard and he was very far away from that. rip to those dead and i hope that everyone affected by that gets help to recover from this. wow. now, i'm waiting to hear the details of this one and whose responsible. crazy couple of days.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
262 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
103 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
38 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
32 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
46 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
98 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy