Apr 17 - Gun control amendment fails in Senate

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
41 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
85 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #161
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,835 | Props total: 4814 4814
 Kadillac87 said:
So you're saying a.ssault weapon ban would've prevented the tragedy but you're against gun control.

i see why u spell cadillac wit a K.where did i say that?
 5 years ago '05        #162
YARKONE 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,500 | Props total: 378 378
 Fras1788 said:
1. We cant keep guns and drugs out of prisons, we cant legislate our way to peace

2. We as Americans have turned lawmaking into a fast food-esque type of thing, law abiding citizens shouldn't have to face consequences for the wrongdoing of mentally ill people or terrorists.

3. If anything we should address the real problem... Mental Illness. You're telling me we cant take away a couple hundred million from our defense budget?!?!

4. I personally don't have a problem with increased background checks but my main concern is in the future when sh*t happens and we cant even fathom what it is yet. We need to realize that abolishing laws are much harder to do. Any laws could have consequences that we cannot see if our social environment changes. . Who knows. . At this rate it could be a war zone in 20 years.

I know my views arent popular but whoever quotes me, don't attack me. Talk to me like a grown a.ss man and I respect other peoples opinion. I cant stand when no one can have a conversation but feel the need to attack another mans belief. I try to listen to others, so drop your pride and just listen to others you might fu*king learn somethin.

So your saying, background to already diagnosed people wouldnt help the problem? Maybee this thing would also give a kick start to the mental health problem.
 5 years ago '11        #163
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 r.burgundy said:

: tending to spread;
Why don't you post the rest of the definition

tending to spread; especially : tending to invade healthy tissue

5 years ago '07        #164
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:
Why don't you post the rest of the definition

tending to spread; especially : tending to invade healthy tissue

especially means exclusively i guess

let me put tha 3rd def. in there tho

: tending to infringe
 5 years ago '06        #165
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,468 | Props total: 14734 14734
 BlackRepub85 said:
That's not the logic I'm using. If there were creating laws that made gun crimes punishment stronger, then that would actually be doing something. But what they are doing is making it harder to get guns legally when the overwhelming majority of criminals don't get guns legally. Do you see my point? This law would only affect the people who are already following the laws.
Yeah everything went right over your head...
 5 years ago '11        #166
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
i see why u spell cadillac wit a K.where did i say that?

nothin short of tha existence of semi auto weapons would've prevented newtown

[pic - click to view]

So If the government got rid of all guns except for pump action shotguns, you would agree with gun control?

5 years ago '05        #167
YARKONE 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,500 | Props total: 378 378
 minimafiaaj said:
No im for "gun control" you could call it, now do i think we should run around taking guns from regular ppl? no. we have over 300 million guns in this country, even if we wanted to do that(which would be stupid) it would be logistically impossible. All i was saying is that this specific legislation didnt do much, and prob wouldnt have changed much imo, but it was still attacked as taking freedoms away. And the NRA (the lobbying ppl for the gun industry...and "owners")flat out lied and misrepresented it.

So you're about the cost of the bill or the efficiency? Cause you have to start somewhere, If what then was known as militias are now known as gun clubs, good if everyone follows security measures, I would consider it a well orginized militia, but do you honestly think not doing fu*kall today, but tomorrow, about it wouldnt help in the long run?

Freedom in the real sense, does not include the right to bear arms... Freedom is picking up dog sh*t, or going to retreive your football off your neighbors yard without the threath of a bullet to the face.
 5 years ago '11        #168
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
especially means exclusively i guess

let me put tha 3rd def. in there tho

: tending to infringe
And we go back to the previous point we asked you to prove. How is expanded background checks infringing on your rights? Please answer with facts and don't try to pivot by asking another question.
 5 years ago '07        #169
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:

nothin short of tha existence of semi auto weapons would've prevented newtown

[pic - click to view]

So If the government got rid of all guns except for pump action shotguns, you would agree with gun control?

do u kno what existence means?

only way id be for gun control is if tha gov got rid of theirs also
 5 years ago '07        #170
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:
And we go back to the previous point we asked you to prove. How is expanded background checks infringing on your rights? Please answer with facts and don't try to pivot by asking another question.
so now that u learned what invasive means...

but anywho,it infringes on my right to a private sale.but just based on our convo im sure u dont kno what infringe means
 5 years ago '06        #171
J Money B&W 
space
space
space
$1,024 | Props total: 371 371
 Ghost Writer said:
You can't be that oblivious...scared that one of the biggest and most well funded organization in America will do everything in their power to not support those who vote against it.

Including, but not limited to, financial withdrawal and actually funding candidates to unseat them.

The people who voted no did so purely out of fear of the NRA. There's no denying that.

Now I ask you, you feel that its fine that some mentally disturbed 19 year old can go and buy a firearm with absolutely no form of background check? I don't care how much of a gun advocate you are, there is no logical reasoning behind that.

You say they are fine but what's wrong with improving them. Your strong bias and support of firearms is clearly blurring your view of reality.

Just please answer this. In what way does implementing background checks on all firearm purchases effect the American people in a negative way?
I see what you're saying, but if some 'mentally disturbed 19 year old' can just as easily go buy an illegal gun. I didn't look much into the bill to be honest, not sure if there's anything else in there besides the background check, I just saw random stuff like what i posted earlier. A stricter background check is understandable, although i don't think it will eliminate crime, I don't see magazine limits or banning AR 15's and other semi-auto rifles as a solution either.
 04-17-2013, 10:14 PM         #172
BALLONHOES 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 minimafiaaj said:
Lol you dont know what the constitution says. this was a win for politicians scared of getting primaried by nra money. you can tell that "democracy won" fairy-tale to yourself if it makes you feel better tho.
i never said anything about "democracy" f*ggot... this ain't even a democracy, it's a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC. you don't pledge allegiance to the flag and the "democracy" for which it stands, you pledge for the REPUBLIC that it stands for. you don't even know what kind of political system you live in...

and the fu*k you talking bout i "dont know what the constitution says"?? it ain't that hard to read and understand son...

"politicians scared of getting primaried by nra money" lol... yea because it couldn't possibly be that some of them are actually defending the constitution as they promised to do when they were sworn into office... nah can't be that, it's all about the fu*king NRA lmao

you f*gs wanna bi*ch about how the NRA lobbies but i dont hear you complaining about how Israel lobbies the fu*k out of and basically controls the congress... i dont hear you saying sh*t about cigarette companies and banksters lobbying the fu*k outta them... yall stuck on the big bad evil NRA cuz the media tells you to be... fu*king sheep
 5 years ago '07        #173
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Ghost Writer said:
You can't be that oblivious...scared that one of the biggest and most well funded organization in America will do everything in their power to not support those who vote against it.

Including, but not limited to, financial withdrawal and actually funding candidates to unseat them.

The people who voted no did so purely out of fear of the NRA. There's no denying that.

Now I ask you, you feel that its fine that some mentally disturbed 19 year old can go and buy a firearm with absolutely no form of background check? I don't care how much of a gun advocate you are, there is no logical reasoning behind that.

You say they are fine but what's wrong with improving them. Your strong bias and support of firearms is clearly blurring your view of reality.

Just please answer this. In what way does implementing background checks on all firearm purchases effect the American people in a negative way?
how about they voted no because thats what they actually believe?who are u to say why these people voted tha way they did?if i was in office i would've shot this bill down also,and it wouldnt take pressure from tha nra to do it

im not familiar wit every states gun control laws,but i do have an issue wit mental illness and diagnosis in this country.this country is always lookin for a scapegoat and a b.s way to insure people that their is a solution.

im against new gun control because its token bullsh*t.address tha real damn issues
 5 years ago '11        #174
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
so now that u learned what invasive means...

but anywho,it infringes on my right to a private sale.but just based on our convo im sure u dont kno what infringe means
How does it infringe on your right to a private sell? And where does the 2nd amendment give you the right to private sells?

5 years ago '07        #175
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,220 | Props total: 19902 19902
 BALLONHOES said:
i never said anything about "democracy" f*ggot... this ain't even a democracy, it's a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC. you don't pledge allegiance to the flag and the "democracy" for which it stands, you pledge for the REPUBLIC that it stands for. you don't even know what kind of political system you live in...

and the fu*k you talking bout i "dont know what the constitution says"?? it ain't that hard to read and understand son...

"politicians scared of getting primaried by nra money" lol... yea because it couldn't possibly be that some of them are actually defending the constitution as they promised to do when they were sworn into office... nah can't be that, it's all about the fu*king NRA lmao

you f*gs wanna bi*ch about how the NRA lobbies but i dont hear you complaining about how Israel lobbies the fu*k out of and basically controls the congress... i dont hear you saying sh*t about cigarette companies and banksters lobbying the fu*k outta them... yall stuck on the big bad evil NRA cuz the media tells you to be... fu*king sheep
lol you sure like to use the word f*g alot, work on your repressed homo feelings and calm down. in not one place in the constitution does it say background checks are unconstitutional. try again d!ckhead. and yeah the only reason this didn't pass is cause it got FILIBUSTERED by nra politicians. the nra owned politicians plus the nra flat out lying about things in this bill = a bill that is overwhelmingly supported by us citizens loses.

also nice deflecting the fu*k does israel have to do with anything? Im stuck on the NRA cause when it comes to gun legislation they lie, and misrepresent things to carry out the best interest of the gun makers. Distorting the argument. You're a prime example.

Last edited by Ham Rove; 04-17-2013 at 10:22 PM..
 04-17-2013, 10:20 PM         #176
CS35 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kadillac87 said:
Not likely. Not in that amount of time. 154 rounds in 3 mins.

Bro he was shooting lil kids

Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, the army psychiatrist accused of gunning down 13 people at Fort Hood on Thursday, managed to fire 100 rounds with a semiautomatic handgun between the start of his rampage at 1:20 p.m. and the time he was shot at 1:27 p.m. How many rounds can a handgun shoot in seven minutes?
At least 1,500. Modern semiautomatic weapons can discharge a round and load the next bullet into the chamber faster than even the nimblest of fingers can pull the trigger. FBI studies have shown that a novice can fire three shots in less than a second, and a trained shooter can double that. (Two of the officers in the 1999 Amadou Diallo shooting emptied their 16-bullet magazines in about four seconds.) That means an experienced gunman can fire off a 20-round magazine—the likely capacity of Hasan's gun—in 3.3 seconds. Reloading takes under two. You just press the magazine release button with your shooting hand and insert the new magazine into the grip with your offhand. * Experts holster extra ammunition on the side of their nonshooting hand to speed the exchange and can have the new magazine loaded before the empty one hits the ground. So each 20-round magazine would take no more than 5.3 seconds, including time to reload. That means you could fire off 1,575 shots in seven minutes—provided you were carrying 79 magazines on your person.

There are a few potential snags. Each magazine is over an inch wide, and you probably couldn't lug around more than 25 magazines on your belt. It might take two minutes to get through those 500 bullets; at that point, you'd need someone to hand you more ammunition. In addition, each gunshot creates fouling—a combination of unburned powder and metal filings from the casing and bullets—which can accumulate and cause the gun to lock up. Overheating would also be an issue: A pistol can get so hot from the exploding gunpowder and the bullet screaming through the barrel that the cartridges ignite without the trigger being pulled, a situation called cook-off. The heat might also cause the barrel to deform slightly, decreasing accuracy.
With or without a laser-straight barrel, aiming is an issue when you're firing as fast as you can. Hasan minimized that problem by choosing the FN Herstal Five-Seven Pistol. The relatively new gun—it hit the market in the late 1990s—uses longer, skinnier, and lighter bullets than more popular handguns like the Glock 9 mm. This means there is less recoil, so a shooter can recover his aim between shots.
The slowest handguns on the market are revolvers, which hold five or six bullets in multichambered cylinders. The original revolvers were single-action—in between shots, the user had to c*ck the gun with either the thumb of his shooting hand or the thumb or palm of his nondominant hand. (Still, a skilled shooter could squeeze off five or six rounds pretty quickly.) Modern double-action revolvers don't require this extra motion, but the triggers are much stiffer than those of semiautomatic pistols—12 pounds of finger force is required, as opposed to five or six. Reloading is also more complicated. Placing the bullets into the chamber individually can take several seconds. A speed loader, a plastic device that lines up over the chambers and drops the bullets in at the turn of a knob, is faster but still can't match the speed of a semiautomatic pistol.

foh
 5 years ago '06        #177
J Money B&W 
space
space
space
$1,024 | Props total: 371 371
 Ghost Writer said:
All the bill proposed was background checks on all firearm purchases. Thats it. Nothing to do with regulation of firearms or magazines.

And obviously its not a solution but if you deny that it wouldn't at least help, I don't know what to tell you.

There is 0 reason a mentally disturbed individual should be able to obtain a lethal weapon with 0 barriers in his way. 0 reason.
I see, I thought Obama said something about Magazine limits and such back in January which is why i brought that up. I'm not disagreeing by any means, background checks are fine. The topic of mental health is what i believe needs to be brought to the attention. It's not infringing on the rights of second amendment owners, I think that gun owners fear that one thing will lead to another and this is the start of it. I'm a fan of gun rights, and the second amendment but some of the arguments that the gun supporters have don't make sense.
 5 years ago '07        #178
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:
How does it infringe on your right to a private sell? And where does the 2nd amendment give you the right to private sells?

if i wanted to sell something at a gun or trade show,i would be responsible for a background check.thats not a responsibility that i want

where did i mention tha 2nd amendment?
 04-17-2013, 10:23 PM         #179
CS35 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ghost Writer said:
All the bill proposed was background checks on all firearm purchases. Thats it. Nothing to do with regulation of firearms or magazines.

And obviously its not a solution but if you deny that it wouldn't at least help, I don't know what to tell you.

There is 0 reason a mentally disturbed individual should be able to obtain a lethal weapon with 0 barriers in his way. 0 reason.
I dont oppose the background check as long as i dont have to pay more money/tax. and criminals that cant own guns arent walking into gun shops to buy guns anyways so the bill seems useless to me. What they are trying to slide in with the bill is that you cant buy sell on internet and eventually in person to person sales
 5 years ago '07        #180
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 corys35 said:
I dont oppose the background check as long as i dont have to pay more money/tax. and criminals that cant own guns arent walking into gun shops to buy guns anyways so the bill seems useless to me. What they are trying to slide in with the bill is that you cant buy sell on internet and eventually in person to person sales
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now