Apr 17 - Gun control amendment fails in Senate

most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
26 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
177 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
41 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
132 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #41
YARKONE 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,500 | Props total: 378 378
america never recovered from the crack epidemic... all scared of your neighbors and sh*t. Maybee gangh members have the connect to buy high powered riffle... But the loner nut who's going coocoo might not and a background might just save lives. I dont understand how law abiding citizens can go against background checks.
 5 years ago '04        #42
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,132 | Props total: 9434 9434
 Dos-effect said:
Yes but you'd be a bit naive to not believe that all this stuff is not in a federal database
It's not. It's at the state level.

Mr AirRic said:
1) don't compare knives to guns. im much more scared of a crazy person running around with a gun than a knife
2) the stats i posted were strictly on mass murders committed by guns (no suicides, etc). and those facts are that the majority of those mass murders are caused by guns, acquired legally, and by people with mental conditions that a background check would've kept them from buying the gun (or at least wouldve made it more difficult for them)
And I'm for including mental illness history on a background check. I don't think anyone taking any sort of psychoactive drugs should be allowed to get a gun.

Kadillac87 said:
Even if it's not in a federal database, I guess he's naive enough to think the government cant easily access them through a subpoena.

Ever heard of HIPAA? And yes a subpoena can get them access. You think they're going to subpoena every person who tries to get a gun?

I'm naive enough to think some people on this board will actually have a mature discussion. Even if I've been proven wrong time and time before.
 5 years ago '07        #43
Ham Rove 3510 heat pts3510
space
space
$55,203 | Props total: 19845 19845
 hockeythug said:
Not surprised. Nothing gets done in this country anymore. Everyone in Washington is either influenced by lobbyists/donations or spend 2 or 6 years trying to fu*k over the opposite party.

The bill wasn't perfect but I doubt anybody came to the table in good faith to try to make it better.
it had teeth but then got watered down...
 5 years ago '08        #44
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,054 | Props total: 4796 4796
So, the gun laws that did get passed actually weakened our existing gun laws, gun sales went through the roof by misinformation by the NRA, another attempt to pass legislation to combat mass shootings was watered down then defeated, and there was barely any effort made to address the mental health issues in the country(save for Obama's executive orders).

NRA won, while us Liberals leave w/a catastrophic L. We can't seem to find a W here on the Left, recently
 04-17-2013, 06:50 PM         #45
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
It's not. It's at the state level.

And I'm for including mental illness history on a background check. I don't think anyone taking any sort of psychoactive drugs should be allowed to get a gun.

Ever heard of HIPAA? And yes a subpoena can get them access. You think they're going to subpoena every person who tries to get a gun?

I'm naive enough to think some people on this board will actually have a mature discussion. Even if I've been proven wrong time and time before.
Think you might want to take a closer look at HIPAA(never mind just saw the context), think what he is saying the government is not restricted from accessing a national database, FBI does it all the time, just because its not technically a federal thing does not mean its protected by state regulation........gun registration and serial numbers go hand in hand and have been for many decades now.........the law would not have done sh*t about sh*t....but it could have saved lives........now what is wrong with that?

Last edited by Dos-effect; 04-17-2013 at 06:54 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #46
Mr AirRic 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,897 | Props total: 2564 2564
 stlcardinals19 said:
So, the gun laws that did get passed actually weakened our existing gun laws, gun sales went through the roof by misinformation by the NRA, another attempt to pass legislation to combat mass shootings was watered down then defeated, and there was barely any effort made to address the mental health issues in the country(save for Obama's executive orders).

NRA won, while us Liberals leave w/a catastrophic L. We can't seem to find a W here on the Left, recently
because the Right refuses to pass anything, regardless of how much sense it makes, just to be able to make a point. and its k!lling this country. hell boehner said word-for-word that he would refuse any legislation from obama. how is obama supposed to get anything done?
 5 years ago '11        #47
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:

HIPPA is for health records and even that's not fully protected by a subpoena. It does nothing to stop the government from accessing records about guns you own in a state database. Whether it's a federal database or a state database, your information is still passed around with ease. You acting like something being in a state database has any bearing on whether the federal government can access it if needed. All they need to do is request the information and it is given up without you even knowing it.

And have you not heard about the ATF Firearm Tracing System?

5 years ago '07        #48
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,830 | Props total: 4807 4807
america has got to be tha only country in history where people will actually f!ght to lose rights
 5 years ago '07        #49
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
america has got to be tha only country in history where people will actually f!ght to lose rights
because background checks w massive loopholes=losing our rights
 5 years ago '07        #50
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 minimafiaaj said:
if it has "massive loopholes" then whats tha point?
 5 years ago '04        #51
Mr AirRic 7 heat pts
space
space
 minimafiaaj said:
there are so many people in our country that are so single-minded and stubborn about their "beliefs". if you dont have a mental illness, and arent a criminal, nobody is "coming after your guns". not sure why thats so hard to comprehend.
 5 years ago '04        #52
Mr AirRic 7 heat pts
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
because anything else without loopholes wouldve been completely rejected by the GOP.

and just because something isnt "all or nothing", doesnt mean it would have 0 effect. anything at all to hinder gun violence is better than nothing
 5 years ago '07        #53
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Mr AirRic said:
there are so many people in our country that are so single-minded and stubborn about their "beliefs". if you dont have a mental illness, and arent a criminal, nobody is "coming after your guns". not sure why thats so hard to comprehend.
maybe u should take a harder look at a history of gun control
 5 years ago '07        #54
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Mr AirRic said:
because anything else without loopholes wouldve been completely rejected by the GOP.

and just because something isnt "all or nothing", doesnt mean it would have 0 effect. anything at all to hinder gun violence is better than nothing
and what do u think is tha next step after this set of legislation doesnt change anything?
 5 years ago '11        #55
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
maybe u should take a harder look at a history of gun control
What rights were taken when Reagan passed stricter gun control laws? How long does it take to turn into a police state after gun control. Been almost 30 years since Reagan did it. We still in transition or nah?

5 years ago '07        #56
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:
What rights were taken when Reagan passed stricter gun control laws? How long does it take to turn into a police state after gun control. Been almost 30 years since Reagan did it. We still in transition or nah?

is tha country less violent since reagan or more?
 5 years ago '11        #57
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
is tha country less violent since reagan or more?
Depends on which stats you are using but that's not the point. We in a police state or nah since we revisiting the history of gun control and all. What the UK? They in a police state yet?

Last edited by Kadillac87; 04-17-2013 at 08:18 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #58
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
which is my point i made earlier, it just illuminates how crazy this debate has begun. Even the most watered down bullsh*t is lauded as "infringing on rights" and all other types of fact free sh*t. The NRA literally controls lots of these legislators on both sides. Filibuster and the interests of the NRA trumped everything else. NRA flat out lying about what the bill entailed.
 5 years ago '07        #59
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:
Depends on which stats you are using but that's not the point. We in a police state or nah since revisiting the history of gun control.

what state do u live in?
 5 years ago '11        #60
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
what state do u live in?
Apparently the United Police States of America.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
86 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
LIL FLIP shows $1,000,000 worth of JEWELRY!!!!!!
90 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
94 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
56 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
295 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy