Apr 17 - Gun control amendment fails in Senate

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
194 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #181
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 corys35 said:
Bro he was shooting lil kids

Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, the army psychiatrist accused of gunning down 13 people at Fort Hood on Thursday, managed to fire 100 rounds with a semiautomatic handgun between the start of his rampage at 1:20 p.m. and the time he was shot at 1:27 p.m. How many rounds can a handgun shoot in seven minutes?
At least 1,500. Modern semiautomatic weapons can discharge a round and load the next bullet into the chamber faster than even the nimblest of fingers can pull the trigger. FBI studies have shown that a novice can fire three shots in less than a second, and a trained shooter can double that. (Two of the officers in the 1999 Amadou Diallo shooting emptied their 16-bullet magazines in about four seconds.) That means an experienced gunman can fire off a 20-round magazine—the likely capacity of Hasan's gun—in 3.3 seconds. Reloading takes under two. You just press the magazine release button with your shooting hand and insert the new magazine into the grip with your offhand. * Experts holster extra ammunition on the side of their nonshooting hand to speed the exchange and can have the new magazine loaded before the empty one hits the ground. So each 20-round magazine would take no more than 5.3 seconds, including time to reload. That means you could fire off 1,575 shots in seven minutes—provided you were carrying 79 magazines on your person.

There are a few potential snags. Each magazine is over an inch wide, and you probably couldn't lug around more than 25 magazines on your belt. It might take two minutes to get through those 500 bullets; at that point, you'd need someone to hand you more ammunition. In addition, each gunshot creates fouling—a combination of unburned powder and metal filings from the casing and bullets—which can accumulate and cause the gun to lock up. Overheating would also be an issue: A pistol can get so hot from the exploding gunpowder and the bullet screaming through the barrel that the cartridges ignite without the trigger being pulled, a situation called cook-off. The heat might also cause the barrel to deform slightly, decreasing accuracy.
With or without a laser-straight barrel, aiming is an issue when you're firing as fast as you can. Hasan minimized that problem by choosing the FN Herstal Five-Seven Pistol. The relatively new gun—it hit the market in the late 1990s—uses longer, skinnier, and lighter bullets than more popular handguns like the Glock 9 mm. This means there is less recoil, so a shooter can recover his aim between shots.
The slowest handguns on the market are revolvers, which hold five or six bullets in multichambered cylinders. The original revolvers were single-action—in between shots, the user had to c*ck the gun with either the thumb of his shooting hand or the thumb or palm of his nondominant hand. (Still, a skilled shooter could squeeze off five or six rounds pretty quickly.) Modern double-action revolvers don't require this extra motion, but the triggers are much stiffer than those of semiautomatic pistols—12 pounds of finger force is required, as opposed to five or six. Reloading is also more complicated. Placing the bullets into the chamber individually can take several seconds. A speed loader, a plastic device that lines up over the chambers and drops the bullets in at the turn of a knob, is faster but still can't match the speed of a semiautomatic pistol.

foh
100 rounds in 7 mins by a trained profession vs 154 rounds in 3 mins by a mentally disturbed kid. Ok man. Keep k!lling your own argument. Even your article states why someone could never reach the theoretical value stated

Last edited by Kadillac87; 04-17-2013 at 10:28 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #182
YARKONE 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,500 | Props total: 378 378
 Fras1788 said:
I would say that may help. But what we need to understand is that everything run by our government fu*king sucks. (IMO) Look at education for example. With he no child left behind law, schools who saw a certain percentage of grades increased per year, would in turn be worthy of grant money and an increased budget. The kicker here is the schools that were poor as fu*k and couldnt afford pencils were expected to somehow miraculously increase grades of kids who were using books from 1930 and had enough to pay 15k a year for a teacher (slight exaggeration to make a point). I mean I experienced this sh*t in my own town and have read articles about how bad the program was/is. We need a new approach...point being..we cant run sh*t properly.

There are always loopholes in everything...its frustrating.
apples and oranges... North American school system suck in general at elementary levels, but its not the school system that fu*ks with there learning curve its the culture they are brought up in... and one of em is guns! Guns in the States are seen in the entire first world as one of your bigggest flaws.
 5 years ago '07        #183
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,830 | Props total: 4807 4807
 Ghost Writer said:
You want to know how I know that's why they voted that way. Because there is 0 way you can debate how this bill would negatively effect our country. You have yet to even do so.

You have yet to explain to me the issue you have with background checks and why they are a bad idea.

The NRA is 100% responsible for the outcome of this bill. You can't be that oblivious to the effects the NRA has on our politics.

I refuse to believe if you were in the position of responsible political power that you would vote no. You would not be in political power if that was the case.

Why do you feel as if its OK for a mentally unstable individual to purchase a firearm with no legal barriers. You can't possibly feel that way.

Neither do the politicians. They got everything they were truly against taken out of the bill. The only thing left was background checks. It is impossible for you to present to me a logical reason why background checks should not take place. You can't.

The only people that can logically be against this bill are those with something to hide. If you are a lawful and stable human being there's nothing to be afraid of.
so if it had 0 effect on this country,why would tha nra care?
i already said i have 0 issue wit background checks

i dont think ur reading anything im typing lol.i got no issue wit background checks as they presently are.i said i have an issue wit how mental illness is diagnosed.it is an extremely broad term which could disqualify alot of law abiding citizens from owning firearms

for tha 5th time,im all for background checks

u can say tha same thing about every single law that is passed.u think only criminals have things to hide lol
 5 years ago '06        #184
J Money B&W 
space
space
space
$1,023 | Props total: 368 368
 Kadillac87 said:
100 rounds in 7 mins by a trained profession vs 154 rounds in 3 mins by a mentally disturbed kid. Ok man. Keep k!lling your own argument.
both those guns fire at the same rate, the mentally disturbed kid had magazines taped to eachother and would reload frequently not even finishing magazines sometimes according to some news sources. you can fire that pistol 154 in a the same amount of time as an AR
 5 years ago '06        #185
J Money B&W 
space
space
space
$1,023 | Props total: 368 368
 Ghost Writer said:
You're right because gun shops require background checks. They are going to gun shows which don't require background checks.
i bought a gun at a gun show which required a background check must be my state.
 5 years ago '07        #186
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 J Money B&W said:
both those guns fire at the same rate, the mentally disturbed kid had magazines taped to eachother and would reload frequently not even finishing magazines sometimes according to some news sources. you can fire that pistol 154 in a the same amount of time as an AR
how mentally disturbed are u really if u kno to tape magazines together?
 04-17-2013, 10:33 PM         #187
CS35 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kadillac87 said:
100 rounds in 7 mins by a trained profession vs 154 rounds in 3 mins by a mentally disturbed kid. Ok man. Keep k!lling your own argument. Even your article states why someone could never reach the theoretical value stated

the point was dude at sandy hook could have k!lled 26 children with handguns. i dont care about the theoretical value. if i walk into a classroom with 2 hand guns and four magazines im confident i could clean out the entire room and im far from a professional
 5 years ago '07        #188
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 corys35 said:
the point was dude at sandy hook could have k!lled 26 children with handguns. i dont care about the theoretical value. if i walk into a classroom with 2 hand guns and four magazines im confident i could clean out the entire room and im far from a professional
every law sounds great in theory,but in practice they fail miserably.all they do is create smarter criminals and dumber law enforcement
 04-17-2013, 10:35 PM         #189
BALLONHOES 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 minimafiaaj said:
lol you sure like to use the word f*g alot, work on your repressed homo feelings and calm down. in not one place in the constitution does it say background checks are unconstitutional. try again d!ckhead. and yeah the only reason this didn't pass is cause it got FILIBUSTERED by nra politicians. the nra owned politicians plus the nra flat out lying about things in this bill = a bill that is overwhelmingly supported by us citizens loses.

also nice deflecting the fu*k does israel have to do with anything? Im stuck on the NRA cause when it comes to gun legislation they lie, and misrepresent things to carry out the best interest of the gun makers. Distorting the argument. You're a prime example.
the point was very clear, yall always crying about the nra but never say sh*t about all the other lobbyists.... and what's so weird is you fail to realize the NRA is looking out for our rights... they are on the people's side... they want to help preserve the 2nd Amendment...

we already have background checks, and we already have enough laws... it's fu*kin illegal to take a gun and go k!ll someone, you will goto jail for a long time and possibly even get the death penalty, this shouldnt even have to be explained but its like people forgot that we already have hella laws in this country.

the nra lied about things in the bill? so fu*king what... i'm sure lots of different people including the media "lied about things in the bill," all that matters is what the people in congress vote for at the end of the day.

a bill overwhelmingly supported by US citizens? says who? some fu*king typical lame a.ss poll that polled a sample of like 300 people or something and claimed thats what all americans think? gtfoh dont ever quote some irrelevant mainstream media poll... most americans understand we have enough fu*king laws they don't want any of this bullsh*t... it ain't gonna keep them safer and it wouldn't have stopped that recent shooting, all it does is take away more of our freedoms and you sheep fu*king love it...
 04-17-2013, 10:36 PM         #190
CS35 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ghost Writer said:
You're right because gun shops require background checks. They are going to gun shows which don't require background checks.
You still have to show a valid Foid card here in illinois. no card no gun and there still is a waiting period.
 04-17-2013, 10:39 PM         #191
killya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea dont see any of you bi*ching about Mosanto and Obama sucking them off on the bill he signed. Please dont make any excuses for that. You wanna talk about how NRA is big and bad when that group of individuals from Mosanto are k!lling honey bees left and right and damaging our food supply. Incredible.
 5 years ago '11        #192
space
space
 corys35 said:
Yes he could have done it with handguns. The likeihood of him matching the damage output with handguns in the same amount of time is highly unlikely though. That's the point you seem to be missing.
 5 years ago '07        #193
Ham Rove 3510 heat pts3510
space
space
$55,197 | Props total: 19839 19839
 BALLONHOES said:
the point was very clear, yall always crying about the nra but never say sh*t about all the other lobbyists.... and what's so weird is you fail to realize the NRA is looking out for our rights... they are on the people's side... they want to help preserve the 2nd Amendment...

we already have background checks, and we already have enough laws... it's fu*kin illegal to take a gun and go k!ll someone, you will goto jail for a long time and possibly even get the death penalty, this shouldnt even have to be explained but its like people forgot that we already have hella laws in this country.

the nra lied about things in the bill? so fu*king what... i'm sure lots of different people including the media "lied about things in the bill," all that matters is what the people in congress vote for at the end of the day.

a bill overwhelmingly supported by US citizens? says who? some fu*king typical lame a.ss poll that polled a sample of like 300 people or something and claimed thats what all americans think? gtfoh dont ever quote some irrelevant mainstream media poll... most americans understand we have enough fu*king laws they don't want any of this bullsh*t... it ain't gonna keep them safer and it wouldn't have stopped that recent shooting, all it does is take away more of our freedoms and you sheep fu*king love it...

im sry but f!ghting against background checks(something they once supported) does not protect my rights. Guess what? I can pass a background check. so my rights are fine. lol yeah im a sheep but you're the guy who thinks the nra are out for your rights they do whats best for the gun makers, not gun owners. And im glad you surmised my opinion on all lobbyists by my take on the nra. and no the media didnt lie about the bill because it was pretty straight forward, the NRA lied because the facts arent on their side. Your logic is pretty telling tho "so what they lied" do you even know what was actually in the bill?
 5 years ago '11        #194
space
space
 J Money B&W said:
i bought a gun at a gun show which required a background check must be my state.
 04-17-2013, 10:43 PM         #195
BALLONHOES 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 killya said:
yea dont see any of you bi*ching about Mosanto and Obama sucking them off on the bill he signed. Please dont make any excuses for that. You wanna talk about how NRA is big and bad when that group of individuals from Mosanto are k!lling honey bees left and right and damaging our food supply. Incredible.
The media controls how these clowns think... the media don't want them to even know about Monsanto and the new law that was passed to protect them, the media only wants them all focusing on the big bad NRA....
 5 years ago '07        #196
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Ghost Writer said:
Is this a real question. Mental stability has absolutely no correlation to intelligence. Don't type things like this. It makes me think I'm talking to a wall.
well,its part of my issue wit mental illness.this kid didnt do this because of some illness.he dod this sh*t cause he wanted to.thats tha bottom line that america cant accept.he had his reason which he thought was good enough,and illness wasnt it
 5 years ago '11        #197
space
space
 killya said:
 5 years ago '04        #198
TVee 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,305 | Props total: 1913 1913

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by TVee; 04-17-2013 at 10:52 PM..
 04-17-2013, 10:48 PM         #199
BALLONHOES 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ghost Writer said:
All gun advocates have is "it is our right". Sad really.

Lol @ dude saying the NRA is looking out for the people and only concerned with preserving our rights.

You realize how fu*ked this world would be if we didn't adapt to modern times. But but but its our right.
"adapt to modern times" lol, what the fu*k are you talking about? Nothing has changed as far as the 2nd Amendment is concerned... the people of the USA are granted the right to bear arms indefinitely, FOREVER... it's not to ever be fu*ked with or taken away no matter how much people like you get brainwashed into thinking "times have change" or whatever the fu*k...
 5 years ago '07        #200
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Ghost Writer said:
So if you have 0 issues with background checks as a strong gun advocate why would you say that you would vote no? And if that's the case, why would anyone vote no without any influence from the NRA?

All the bill included was background checks, so if you're all for background checks what's the issue.

As far as diagnosing mental illnesses. That is a completely separate issue. And just so you know the government isn't responsible for the diagnosis of mental illnesses. It is not up to them. You can only be diagnosed with an illness it you seek diagnosis. No one in this country is labeled as mentally unstable without their permission.

Just admit that I've made irrefutable points and that you have no issues with background checks as they were proposed. Because right now it seems as if you are arguing solely for the sake of standing firm on your original opinion. Opinions are meant to be changed.

Once again, there nothing other than outside financial and political influence that could possibly lead someone to vote no on a bill with solely positive implications.
im not really sure what u arent understanding lol.my completely logical reason for voting no is that i feel these laws are fine as they are

every time their is a tragedy should a new law get passed?no,enough wit tha sh*tty legislation.how many times must it be proven that it doesnt work.why am i gonna pass a law for tha sake of passing it
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
80 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
42 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
288 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
67 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
35 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
60 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
47 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
70 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy