Does Eminem have the worst discography out of the 'G.O.A.T.S'?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
124 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
116 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
68 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #1
7358 pageviews
169 comments

Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
Does Eminem have the worst discography out of the 'G.O.A.T.S'?

Honestly how can anyone even dispute this. His albums have not aged well at all, imo even his best albums don't sound as good as they once did. And his fall off after the Eminem Show is probably the worst ever, along with Wayne.

Slim Shady Lp - 8/10
Marshall Mathers Lp - 8/10
The Eminem Show - 9/10
Encore - 5.5/10
Relapse - 5/10
Recovery - 5/10

Eminem is still Top 10 but out of the rappers most commonly considered to be a 'G.O.A.T.' his discography is by far the weakest. Nas, Jay-Z and Pac all have vastly superior discography's.

169 comments for "Does Eminem have the worst discography out of the 'G.O.A.T.S'?"

5 years ago '07        #2
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6147 6147
Yes. Majority of his albums are trash.

MMLP is his best album, imo. Eminem show is a distant 2nd.
 5 years ago '13        #3
Thongsong19 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,232 | Props total: 4963 4963
U have both relapse and recovery rated lower then encore so ur argument wont work
 5 years ago '10        #4
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts OP
space
space
 Thongsong19 said:
U have both relapse and recovery rated lower then encore so ur argument wont work
They're all about the same level. I rated Encore higher because its best tracks are much better than the best tracks on Relapse and Recovery.
 04-17-2013, 02:11 PM         #5
J-Dogg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'd argue that Eminem's overall discog is superior to 'Pac's. Pac doesn't have a single album I consider a personal classic, but 7 Day Theory and All Eyez On Me are close. And no, I'm not saying 'Pac sucks, before all of the 'Pac stans come sprinting in here to call me names and question my credibility. I'm also not saying Eminem is far better than 2Pac, either.

I'd say 2Pac and Eminem have the same issue, but in reverse. All of Eminem's near classics came at the beginning of his career, 2Pac's came at the end.
 5 years ago '08        #6
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
same thing can be said about BIG and Tupac... who listens to their albums these days ?
 5 years ago '08        #7
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
 J-Dogg said:
I'd argue that Eminem's overall discog is superior to 'Pac's. Pac doesn't have a single album I consider a personal classic, but 7 Day Theory and All Eyez On Me are close. And no, I'm not saying 'Pac sucks, before all of the 'Pac stans come sprinting in here to call me names and question my credibility. I'm also not saying Eminem is far better than 2Pac, either.

I'd say 2Pac and Eminem have the same issue, but in reverse. All of Eminem's near classics came at the beginning of his career, 2Pac's came at the end.
Me Against the World isn't a classic ? it's one of the best 10 albums of all time.... where the fu*k have u been living ?
 04-17-2013, 02:18 PM         #8
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
in the history of all music

if your catalogue is dog sh*t how can you be a goat ?
 5 years ago '04        #9
Young Hov 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,473 | Props total: 3 3
Yup, he does

And that's why Kanye West closes out the GOAT 5,every album is a classic
 04-17-2013, 02:19 PM         #10
J-Dogg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Me Against The World still gets play because of 2Pac's lyrics, but the dated production keeps it from classic status, IMHO. Just a personal opinion. The same way Eminem's albums don't sound as good as they did 10 years ago also goes for 'Pac.
 5 years ago '11        #11
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
No, he doesn't...

Future said:
same thing can be said about BIG and Tupac... who listens to their albums these days ?

[pic - click to view]

04-17-2013, 02:24 PM         #12
J-Dogg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Big's albums have aged better than just about anybody's. Ready To Die still bumps front to back, and there's only one song I skip on Life After death. I think Life After death has had more bars quoted from it and vocal samples taken from it than any other rap albums.
 5 years ago '11        #13
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
Oh I read the question wrong, I thought you asked if he does have a GOAT discography hence the "No, he doesn't" -- his weak disco is why he isn't top 5...
 04-17-2013, 02:29 PM         #14
J-Dogg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I agree. For me personally, I could never rank Eminem over Jay-Z, Big, Nas, and others because all of those guys have classic, and in some cases, multiple classics. Scarface also has a superior discography to Eminem.
 04-17-2013, 02:31 PM         #15
J-Dogg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'd also say The Black Album can play the whole way through. The only track I saw as a mistake on that album was Change Clothes.
 5 years ago '09        #16
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,276 | Props total: 19433 19433
Eminem classics haven't aged well i will agree but MMLP is higher then 8/10 for me personally...Eminem isn't top 10 i stopped believing that years ago
 5 years ago '10        #17
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
Easily.. But his sales are his salvation..
 5 years ago '07        #18
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
$22,351 | Props total: 2066 2066
thread title is a contradiction b/c hes not a goat
 5 years ago '10        #19
space
space
 thegoldenhero said:
Eminem classics haven't aged well i will agree but MMLP is higher then 8/10 for me personally...Eminem isn't top 10 i stopped believing that years ago
Yeah, I'v started to lean this way too. Only really kept him in because of his skill. He's been slipping down my Top 10 for a while now.
 5 years ago '10        #20
space
space
 240ka said:
thread title is a contradiction b/c hes not a goat

I was talking about rappers commonly considered to be a GOAT. But I agree he is not a GOAT imo.
Home      

most viewed right now
vida guerra
82 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
31 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
114 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chevy has once again fu-ked up the Camaro.. Is it time to discontinue ..
32 comments
18 hours ago
@rides
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
53 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
185 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy