Apr 17 - Girl's Head Swells Like A Balloon: Runa Begum, Of India, Born With Hydrocephalus

most viewed right now
 NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
47 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
28 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #1
11330 pageviews
93 comments

Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,224 | Props total: 19976 19976
Apr 17 - Girl's Head Swells Like A Balloon: Runa Begum, Of India, Born With Hydrocephalus

imageimageimageimage
A young girl in India has such an extreme case of hydrocephalus that her head has swelled to an alarming size.

Runa Begum has had the condition -- in which cerebrospinal fluid collects in the skull -- since she was born, her mother, Fatima, told Reuters. Doctors in the Tripura region, where the family lives, have been unable to provide relief. Runa's father, Abdul Rehman, doesn't earn enough as a brick factory worker to pay for more medical help.

Dr. Peter Heydemann, a pediatric neurologist at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, told The Huffington Post that the girl could perhaps be treated with a shunt inserted to drain the fluid, but he expressed doubt whether any brain damage could be reversed. "Her brain has been under a fair bit of pressure," he said. "I wouldn't be surprised if the child was blind."

Heydemann suggested Runa (or Roona, as identified by some news outlets) might have hydranencephaly, in which the brain hemispheres are absent and the empty space is filled by cerebrospinal fluid.

Heydemann said he had never seen such an extreme case, but he added that the prominent veins on her scalp are a "common piece of this puzzle."

Gill Yaz, a health official for Shine, a British charity for hydrocephalus victims, told the Daily Mail that the shunt procedure takes just 30 minutes and that the shunts themselves cost between $300 and $1,200. But Rehman (or Rahman as he is referred to in the Mail) makes just $2.75 a day.
visit this link Girl's Head Swells Like A Balloon: Runa Begum, Of India, Born With Hydrocephalus (PHOTOS)
image i hope reddit or someone comes through and helps her.

93 comments for "Apr 17 - Girl's Head Swells Like A Balloon: Runa Begum, Of India, Born With Hydrocephalus"

04-17-2013, 12:49 PM         #2
Yelsgnik 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
inb4megamindreference
 5 years ago '08        #3
foestacks 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$5,736 | Props total: 1216 1216
 5 years ago '08        #4
M 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,180 | Props total: 5295 5295
poor little girl, that's horrible
 5 years ago '04        #5
EscoNore 67 heat pts67
space
space
$11,446 | Props total: 172 172
 Mullany S said:
if that was my baby, i wont mind putting her to sleep permanently.
Doubt it.
 5 years ago '04        #6
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
space
$18,834 | Props total: 2001 2001
That's awful... but at his comment of I hope reddit can help or something.

fu*kin kids spend way too much time on the net
 5 years ago '04        #7
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 273 273
A lot of weird stuff like this happens in India. Why is that?
 5 years ago '05        #8
nahsuhmeanz 
space
space
$9,949 | Props total: 2751 2751
too much curry
 5 years ago '07        #9
wtr1906 45 heat pts45
space
space
$17,725 | Props total: 4479 4479
Dude in Columbus had this diesease his name was "Big Head Tony". Dude had function of his eyes and everything and he could drive. Dude had a lot of money and always had dope cars. Rumor was the government was paying him lots of money because they use to run all kinds of test on him and he was donating his body to them once he died. I think he died in the late
90s though. I hope they can find a way to help this lil girl.
 5 years ago '07        #10
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511 OP
space
space
 notoriousthugzz said:
That's awful... but at his comment of I hope reddit can help or something.

fu*kin kids spend way too much time on the net
how is that indicative of me being on net too much? Reddit has banded together to do lots of stuff for ppl before.

5 years ago '04        #11
space
space
 minimafiaaj said:
how is that indicative of me being on net too much? Reddit has banded together to do lots of stuff for ppl before.

I'm aware of what reddit as a community is capable of but what the fu*k are they gonna do for this girl man? Use your brain.
 5 years ago '07        #12
space
space
 notoriousthugzz said:
I'm aware of what reddit as a community is capable of but what the fu*k are they gonna do for this girl man? Use your brain.
did you not read the article? she can get a shunt to help bring down the size of her head. The costs range from $300-$1200, something the dude taking care of her cant afford since he makes a few dollars a day. use your brain? id suggest you take your own advice.
 5 years ago '04        #13
hedake 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
$5,642 | Props total: 9995 9995
if any of you heartless n*ggas smiley that.....
 5 years ago '07        #14
space
space
 hedake said:
if any of you heartless n*ggas smiley that.....
tbh im surprised it already hasnt happened.
 5 years ago '04        #15
space
space
 minimafiaaj said:
did you not read the article? she can get a shunt to help bring down the size of her head. The costs range from $300-$1200, something the dude taking care of her cant afford since he makes a few dollars a day. use your brain? id suggest you take your own advice.
did you not read the article?

"Dr. Peter Heydemann, a pediatric neurologist at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, told The Huffington Post that the girl could perhaps be treated with a shunt inserted to drain the fluid, but he expressed doubt whether any brain damage could be reversed. "Her brain has been under a fair bit of pressure," he said. "I wouldn't be surprised if the child was blind.""

fu*kin idiot.
 5 years ago '07        #16
space
space
 notoriousthugzz said:
did you not read the article?

"Dr. Peter Heydemann, a pediatric neurologist at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, told The Huffington Post that the girl could perhaps be treated with a shunt inserted to drain the fluid, but he expressed doubt whether any brain damage could be reversed. "Her brain has been under a fair bit of pressure," he said. "I wouldn't be surprised if the child was blind.""

fu*kin idiot.
they wont know that until they bring down the swelling in her head you fu*king idiot. and even if the brain damage is irreversible, you dont think reducing the size of her head would improve her quality of life? Why dont you stick to topics you understand, like not tipping people cause you're a stupid prick.
 5 years ago '04        #17
space
space
 minimafiaaj said:
they wont know that until they bring down the swelling in her head you fu*king idiot. and even if the brain damage is irreversible, you dont think reducing the size of her head would improve her quality of life? Why dont you stick to topics you understand, like not tipping people cause you're a stupid prick.
Oh I forgot this is boxden where minimafiaaj has more knowledge on these subjects than a pediatric neurologist.

This kid's life revolves around hot topics
 5 years ago '07        #18
space
space
 notoriousthugzz said:
Oh I forgot this is boxden where minimafiaaj has more knowledge on these subjects than a pediatric neurologist.

This kid's life revolves around hot topics
You dont have to be a pediatric neurologist to know, you cant tell if brain damage is permanent until the pressure on the brain is relieved. He said he doubts whether or not it can be reversed, not that it cant be.
 04-17-2013, 10:26 PM         #19
M4Maytion 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Yelsgnik said:
inb4megamindreference
they need to start IP banning u bi*ches who try too hard for props and laughs by disrespecting people's conditions and inflictions.

fu*king lame.
 04-17-2013, 10:41 PM         #20
CS35 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fras1788 said:
You know saying something like this on bx is basically like begging for someone to smiley it right?
I refuse ill smiley a leg bone stickin out but not this sh*t. on a side not i'd pay for the operation personally
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
55 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
98 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago