Apr 15 - two black men forced to change clothes before being able to board flight

most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
51 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
10 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-16-2013, 12:27 AM         #41
Infamous B 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NuttinNyce said:
If the white guy was also on a buddy pass then they have a case, but if not this is getting thrown out.

One of two things should've happened here: 1) The employee should've told them the rules before booking the flight OR 2) The brothers should've verified this rule with the employee before they filed this lawsuit.

Now they're wasting their time and possibly their money on a case that they can't win AND they're probably going to get their family member fired because they brought a lawsuit against the company.
even IF the airline wasn't wrong in this matter, they DONT want this type of attention. they'll settle.
 5 years ago '09        #42
DatBrownDood 109 heat pts109
space
space
$26,047 | Props total: 1326 1326
i work for an airline and we have this issue all the time

if you PAID for a first class seat you can wear whatever the fu*k you want

but if your flying on someones benefits aka buddy pass then you have to comply with company policy

such things like

you cant wear jeans

no hats

no gym shoes

no open toed sandals

woman cant wear skirts

alot of rules come into play
 04-16-2013, 12:30 AM         #43
Infamous B 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Walt Thizzney said:
my fam works for an airline... this is standard procedure, even if your not in first class there is a strict dress code, fu*king morons prob gonna get their family member in trouble
wont front i've looked pretty bummy like half the times i've ever flown and never heard of some sh*t like this.
 5 years ago '10        #44
theking1 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,236 | Props total: 11 11
 dc3003 said:
Ignorant fuks ! It's the fukin rule , I rode. To Hawaii on a buddy pass ,ur representing the company. They want u dressed up. Make the airline look good. Or whatever reason they may have for giving u discounted ticket. It cost me 400 roundtrip to Maui, ill wear a clown costume if they wanted me to. I should've paid 2 grand minimum . Dumass dudes they ain't getting sh*t.
pink boy stfu
 5 years ago '04        #45
bigmike123456 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,796 | Props total: 367 367
I don't kno what u guys are talking about I use buddy pass all the time in show up in hoop shorts slippers and sweater I have never had a issue some of u guys are telling lies.
 5 years ago '04        #46
Lil Biz 75 heat pts75
space
space
$4,106 | Props total: 931 931
all airlines are different....i work for an airline also...and they dont care wat you wear in bizclass...as long as its not revealing for ladies and ya a.ss showing for the fellas...but basketball shorts and a hoody is cool in biz class...BUT if they were on buddy pass and thats US AIRWAYS rule then they have no case at all...we use 2 have that same rule tho...you had to dress biz casual but now they dont care
 5 years ago '05        #47
4 Letter Words 
space
space
$735 | Props total: 0 0
I work for US Airways. I am an employee and have been denied boarding because I didn't have a collar shirt on. I'm white. PAYING passengers are held to a lesser standard then stand by passengers flying on a reduced rate buddy pass. The paying passengers probably paid close to $1,000 for their seats while the buddy pass riders paid around $120 a piece. US Airways also reserves the right to deny any passenger boarding who is flying on a reduced rate buddy pass or employee for any reason. The policy is there and US Airways will win the suit because EVERY employee is supposed to give their buddy pass riders the info and if they don't they will find out at the gate.

Last edited by 4 Letter Words; 04-16-2013 at 01:30 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #48
Jumpoff21 29 heat pts29
space
space
$4,855 | Props total: 934 934
 4 Letter Words said:
I work for US Airways. I am an employee and have been denied boarding because I didn't have a collar shirt on. I'm white. PAYING passengers are held to a lesser standard then stand by passengers flying on a reduced rate buddy pass. The paying passengers probably paid close to $1,000 for their seats while the buddy pass riders paid around $120 a piece. US Airways also reserves the right to deny any passenger boarding who is flying on a reduced rate buddy pass or employee for any reason. The policy is there and US Airways will win the suit because EVERY employee is supposed to give their buddy pass riders the info and if they don't they will find out at the gate.
This my moms works for delta and anytime I use a buddy pass I have to at least have on a collar shirt.
 04-16-2013, 03:24 AM         #49
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the old "racism dont exist" bandwagon done arrived

not saying you guys are not wrong, but dont use this tiny example as the to try and discredit the persecution the black man receives in this white land
 5 years ago '07        #50
LateModelSedan 80 heat pts80
space
space
$3,481 | Props total: 298 298
some of yall mofo's are ignoring the FACTS. they do NOT have a case .. PERIOD. the only thing they did was put the employee who gave/sold them the passes at risk. that person will in all probability have their travel privileges suspended or they will be fired. they cannot sue the airline when they were clearly at fault. non revenue passengers are held to a higher standard than paying customers. everyone else in the first class cabin couldve been wearing wife beaters and daisy dukes and it wouldnt have mattered if they were PAYING customers. i posted a link to the us airways travel guidebook .. go read that sh*t.
 04-16-2013, 07:20 AM         #51
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I was flying outa Raleigh Saturday and they were harrassing this spanish chick who had this crazy looking belt on. As a frequent flyer (who's black) I learned how to play this goofy a.ss game. I go to the airport with a t-shirt & sweatpants on. No chains, no hats, maybe my watch, no rings. Keep all that sh*t along with my personal hygiene sh*t in a small bag, & that all folks.
Now I just get harrassed for looking like Method Man
 5 years ago '07        #52
SALTY3142 
space
space
$510 | Props total: 5 5
 LateModelSedan said:
some of yall mofo's are ignoring the FACTS. they do NOT have a case .. PERIOD. the only thing they did was put the employee who gave/sold them the passes at risk. that person will in all probability have their travel privileges suspended or they will be fired. they cannot sue the airline when they were clearly at fault. non revenue passengers are held to a higher standard than paying customers. everyone else in the first class cabin couldve been wearing wife beaters and daisy dukes and it wouldnt have mattered if they were PAYING customers. i posted a link to the us airways travel guidebook .. go read that sh*t.
You got like 10 people in here saying the exact same thing, different races, different airlines, yet people STILL goin on about racism and ignorance. Ignorance??? LISTEN TO WHAT THESE PEOPLE ARE SAYING.

mR ReZiW said:
the old "racism dont exist" bandwagon done arrived

not saying you guys are not wrong, but dont use this tiny example as the to try and discredit the persecution the black man receives in this white land
I can't tell if you're being serious right now.
 5 years ago '12        #53
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,860 | Props total: 22204 22204
 dc3003 said:
Ignorant fuks ! It's the fukin rule , I rode. To Hawaii on a buddy pass ,ur representing the company. They want u dressed up. Make the airline look good. Or whatever reason they may have for giving u discounted ticket. It cost me 400 roundtrip to Maui, ill wear a clown costume if they wanted me to. I should've paid 2 grand minimum . Dumass dudes they ain't getting sh*t.
 5 years ago '06        #54
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 Eddie.. said:
U didn't understand what you quoted

He said, when u use a BUDDY PASS, you are respresenting the airline.
I understood full well. I may have been wrong in a.ssuming that the white guy and the Filipino had buddy passes too, but nowhere in the article did it say that they paid full price either.

The question at hand is; Did Michael Heffernan, a white passenger, and Edward DeLeon, his Filipino friend pay full price for their first class tickets or did they use a buddy pass? To me, this is the determining factor on whether or not they have a case.
 5 years ago '07        #55
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,088 | Props total: 1527 1527
 hood135 said:
I understood full well. I may have been wrong in a.ssuming that the white guy and the Filipino had buddy passes too, but nowhere in the article did it say that they paid full price either.

The question at hand is; Did Michael Heffernan, a white passenger, and Edward DeLeon, his Filipino friend pay full price for their first class tickets or did they use a buddy pass? To me, this is the determining factor on whether or not they have a case.
word.

but isn't Michael Heffernan an actor? not saying that matters, but idk I kinda a.ssumed they paid full price.

but you're right, that is the determining factor
 04-16-2013, 07:54 AM         #56
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You can't sue if first class has a dress code.

It's like suing an expensive restaurant that has a jacket/tie dress code and you try to come up in a raggy captn crunch shirt and ripped up jeans.
 04-16-2013, 08:12 AM         #57
bbrossy313 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maroon_Tiger said:
Us airways is a lowclass organization... This aint the nba... If peopłe wanna wear hats and hoodies who gives a fu*k? Leave the harrassment to those who create a hostile or uncomfortable scene on the plane
Is the NBA seriously the classiest organization you can think of?

Im a.ssuming yes because you obviously cannot read
 5 years ago '05        #58
rashcobar 14 heat pts14
space
space
$11,832 | Props total: 3449 3449
 dc3003 said:
Costs almost four times as much to travel first class. You should be able to wear what the fuxk you please. I doubt they would turn away bill gates or someone like that for wearing a baseball cap. Thems is the privlages you are paying for if you ask me

Edit: oh ok I see now.
 5 years ago '05        #59
GST 
space
space
$14,848 | Props total: 2424 2424
 SALTY3142 said:

I can't tell if you're being serious right now.
considering the truth in his post,imma go with serious
 5 years ago '09        #60
DatBrownDood 109 heat pts109
space
space
$26,047 | Props total: 1326 1326
yall just dont understand youre getting the benefit for not paying $300 for a ticket

the least you can do is understand the dress code for a buddy pass

they most likely restricted the buddy pass flying for the employee
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
105 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
112 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy