Apr 15 - two black men forced to change clothes before being able to board flight

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
135 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
154 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
99 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #21
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,623 | Props total: 3264 3264
The rules for Buddy Pass on US Airways is that you have to dress up (decent clothes), wear slacks, and shoes (no sandals or flip flops). I fly for free with them all the time and those are the rules and you have to abide by them or else they don't have to let you on.

I don't follow the rules though (I'm black too) but that is a rule of the buddy pass system. It's not discrimination

I did have to change into some khaki's one time when I was flying out of New Orleans, it's not that big of a deal. Got changed right in the middle of the airport, no fu*ks given

Hope ignorant fu*ks like these people don't ruin the buddy pass system though

Last edited by Ghost Terp; 04-15-2013 at 04:54 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #22
Account001 
space
space
$3,342 | Props total: 180 180
This sh*t happen at the club all the time tho....
 5 years ago '05        #23
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067
space
space
$22,888 | Props total: 5124 5124
sue and get that paper young brothers.
 5 years ago '10        #24
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,887 | Props total: 21128 21128
 memphis10 said:
i worked at jetblue and had a ton of buddy passes... yes you do have to dress business call when using them. i dont see them winning this lawsuit

and im definitely Black by the way!
 jay964 said:
They aren't getting a dime. They used the "buddy pass" so they have to adhere to the buddy pass rules. The white guy and the filipino guy paid full fare so they got to wear whatever they wanted. Had they also used the buddy pass and got to wear whatever they wanted, then its discrimination and you have a case.
Nah you're both white, uncle toms and you know nothing about black struggle, Whitey's always trying to keep us black men down!!!

Forreal though people gonna ignore these posts. Boxden gotta stop with the baiting thread titles & baiting threads. Make yourself look foolish when you do so.
 5 years ago '07        #25
LateModelSedan 80 heat pts80
space
space
$3,481 | Props total: 298 298
no lawsuit here. ive flown a million times on u.s. airways guest passes IN FIRST CLASS ONLY and its very clear in the employee travel guide .. you MUST adhere to a dress code and it applies ONLY to people traveling using employee benefits. i was denied boarding in france for the very same sh*t and after researching it i found that i was sh*t outta luck. thing is, its different at every airport. some employees enforce it but most dont.

"DRESS GUIDELINES FOR LEISURE TRAVEL

US Airways asks its employees and their pass riders to exercise good judgment when selecting their travel attire. Attire should be in good repair, neat, clean, and conservative in appearance. In all situations common sense should be the determining factor. Unacceptable attire in both Coach and First/Envoy Class includes any clothing that is torn, faded, soiled, wrinkled, cut−off, has ragged edges or holes; clothing with offensive graphics or terminology; and provocative or revealing clothing such as micro/mini−skirts, bare midriff, halter, tank, tube or bra
tops.

Coach Class: Pass Riders may wear casual attire, including shorts (no shorter than three inches
above the knee), t−shirts, jogging suits or athletic clothing, baseball−style caps, beach footwear (including flip−flops and Croc−style footwear), and athletic shoes.

First/Envoy Class: Pass riders may wear casual attire, including blue or black denim jeans, skirts, capri pants, and sandals, provided the attire is in good repair, neat, clean, and conservative. Unacceptable attire in First or Envoy Class includes t−shirts, shorts, jogging suits, athletic gear, baseball−style caps, athletic shoes, beach footwear, flip−flops."

Last edited by LateModelSedan; 04-15-2013 at 09:27 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #26
space
space
 Matt504 said:
it has nothing to do with a "buddy pass", vs "paid ticket", it's clear cut discrimination.

if the first class policy says: no baseball caps, hoodies (other urban apparel), then there shouldn't have been anyone in first class with those articles of clothing.
100% incorrect. it applies only to non revenue pasengers AND its the responsibility of the EMPLOYEE who provided the guest passes to inform the traveler of all rules and regs, NOT the airline.
 5 years ago '07        #27
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,623 | Props total: 3264 3264
 LateModelSedan said:
100% incorrect. it applies only to non revenue pasengers AND its the responsibility of the EMPLOYEE who provided the guest passes to inform the traveler of all rules and regs, NOT the airline.

They are going to get their boy fired

That's why you only give them out to people you trust
 5 years ago '11        #28
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
If the reports of them using buddy passes are true, then yes, there's a dress code. But people have to realize though that the buddy pass angle has not been confirmed. I'm sure US Airways has a PR team. They could have easily told the media they were using buddy passes to avoid bad press and simply settle with them out of court.

Even if they were using buddy passes, they still have a case because the employee told them the dress code was for ALL passengers, not just for passengers using buddy passes.
 5 years ago '12        #29
Taste Maker 29 heat pts29
space
space
$3,683 | Props total: 188 188
i know someone that always fly's on buddy pass and there is a dress code for first class.

if you buy your ticket you can wear whatever you want, but if you are flying on behalf of the company you have to wear business casual attire.
 04-15-2013, 09:52 PM         #30
Walt Thizzney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
my fam works for an airline... this is standard procedure, even if your not in first class there is a strict dress code, fu*king morons prob gonna get their family member in trouble
 5 years ago '04        #31
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,771 | Props total: 1090 1090
Mr. N!gger
 5 years ago '04        #32
focused313 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,107 | Props total: 1360 1360
 Patrick Galooly said:
They're handling it the right way just comply and sue them later.
 hood135 said:
The airline must be held accountable. The two brothers (no pun intended) are doing the right thing by hitting them where it hurts worst...their pockets and their reputation.
 Yung Dilla said:
That person is getting fired Lol. I don't blame the company for this just that stupid employee
I like when I can come on bx and the first few responses to a post make sense. THe only thing is, the employees are the face of the company, so what they do can get the company sued unfortunately. Personally, I don't think I would have complied, just because I would have been thinking about how I could turn on the recorder app on my cell phone so I could get all this crap on record. I think they took the better route though.

the buddy pass thing is something I'm interested in. I hate dress codes...."nicer shoes".......lmfao.
 5 years ago '07        #33
space
space
 Ghost Terp said:
They are going to get their boy fired

That's why you only give them out to people you trust
in all probability they are def gonna cause somebody some problems especially if they bought those passes off of someone like alot of people do. the very first thing u.s. airways is gonna do is find out who the employee is then its a wrap. sh*t, flying cheap aint enough but cats gotta rock the boat.

hate to say it but ..... n*ggaz.
 04-15-2013, 10:11 PM         #34
Niruggg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Eminence Grise said:
Black people are gonna do what they always do in this scenario. Complain about the company, call them racist and then go right back to spending their money w/ them.
ahh no i believe they're doing what white people would do, comply and sue.
 5 years ago '07        #35
space
space
no lawyer would even take this "case." its their fault. this sh*t happened to me ONE time and i learned my lesson and it only took one phone call to the airline to find out why it happened not to mention the employee travel guide is available on the internet for ANYONE to read. i swore i had a lawsuit too ... no dice.

pages 8 & 23

Last edited by LateModelSedan; 04-15-2013 at 10:17 PM..
 5 years ago '08        #36
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
came in just to see the white dudes' lame arguments. never fails
 5 years ago '04        #37
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
space
$26,130 | Props total: 4526 4526
 Patrick Galooly said:
They're handling it the right way just comply and sue them later.
yep.

but i do know some airlines require business casual in first class
 5 years ago '04        #38
NuttinNyce 
space
space
$3,493 | Props total: 34 34
If the white guy was also on a buddy pass then they have a case, but if not this is getting thrown out.

One of two things should've happened here: 1) The employee should've told them the rules before booking the flight OR 2) The brothers should've verified this rule with the employee before they filed this lawsuit.

Now they're wasting their time and possibly their money on a case that they can't win AND they're probably going to get their family member fired because they brought a lawsuit against the company.
 5 years ago '12        #39
Dee352 170 heat pts170
space
space
$10,734 | Props total: 604 604
u can tell who is white in this thread
 04-16-2013, 12:24 AM         #40
Infamous B 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dc3003 said:
Ignorant fuks ! It's the fukin rule , I rode. To Hawaii on a buddy pass ,ur representing the company. They want u dressed up. Make the airline look good. Or whatever reason they may have for giving u discounted ticket. It cost me 400 roundtrip to Maui, ill wear a clown costume if they wanted me to. I should've paid 2 grand minimum . Dumass dudes they ain't getting sh*t.
not like they were wearing wife beaters and some beat up k swiss lawn mowing shoes.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
15 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
105 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy