Apr 15 - two black men forced to change clothes before being able to board flight

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
199 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #1
9565 pageviews
110 comments

Sin 1257 heat pts1257
space
space
$18,355 | Props total: 38966 38966
Apr 15 - two black men forced to change clothes before being able to board flight

Two African-American passengers are claiming a U.S. Airways airline employee refused to let them into first class unless they changed out of their hoodies and jeans.
Miles and MacCraig Warren were flying home from Denver to Los Angeles after a relative’s funeral last August. The brothers say an airline employee stopped them at the gate, asking MacCraig to remove his baseball cap and telling Miles to change into a button-up shirt, nicer shoes and slacks.
“They were told that this was the policy if you wanted to ride in first class,” lawyer Rodney Diggs told the New York Daily News.
Not wanting any trouble, the brothers decided to follow the dress code. But once onboard the flight, they were shocked to see Michael Heffernan, a white passenger, and Edward DeLeon, his Filipino friend, wearing the same clothing the black men weren’t allowed to wear--jeans and hoodies.
“They were very upset when they saw the other two gentlemen sitting right across from them,” Diggs said. “This is definitely racial discrimination and a violation of their civil rights.”
The brothers filed a lawsuit in federal court this week, seeking punitive damages for discrimination and emotional distress.
Todd Lehmacher, a spokesperson for U.S. Airways, told the New York Daily News that the company is currently reviewing the complaint.
“We welcome customers of all ethnicities and backgrounds and do not tolerate discrimination of any kind. We take these allegations seriously,” Lehmacher said in a statement.
The Warrens were traveling first-class through a discounted “buddy pass,” Diggs said. They got their tickets through a family friend who is an U.S. Airways employee.
“Employees are aware of the travel policy and required to understand the expectations when utilizing their pass privileges,” Lehmacher said.
Diggs said his clients were never informed that different policies applied to reduced fare and regular fare passengers.
“If this is a policy, it has to be practiced at all times and not just selectively implemented when they want it to be implemented,” said Diggs.

Read more: visit this link U.S. Airways tells African-American passengers to ditch their hoodies and jeans before boarding first class: lawsuit - NY Daily News

110 comments for "Apr 15 - two black men forced to change clothes before being able to board flight"

04-15-2013, 08:28 AM         #2
evici1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
god damn i hate these dumb useless articles that get posted in this section
 5 years ago '11        #3
Sin 1257 heat pts1257 OP
space
space
$18,355 | Props total: 38966 38966
 Ahmed said:
god damn i hate these dumb useless articles that get posted in this section
yes we know you only care about articles about discrimination towards muslims
 04-15-2013, 08:46 AM         #4
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
They're handling it the right way just comply and sue them later.
 5 years ago '06        #5
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
The airline must be held accountable. The two brothers (no pun intended) are doing the right thing by hitting them where it hurts worst...their pockets and their reputation.
 5 years ago '05        #6
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,175 | Props total: 11706 11706
"buddy pass". Key words.

They can be bi*ches about that sh*t if they know u flying standby on a buddy pass. Cuz they know you flying dam near half price or even more.

They prolly ain't enforce it on the other dude Cuz he actually bought a real ticket.
 5 years ago '10        #7
astarisborn 
space
space
$804 | Props total: 534 534
 THEINFAMOUS said:
"buddy pass". Key words.

They can be bi*ches about that sh*t if they know u flying standby on a buddy pass. Cuz they know you flying dam near half price or even more.

They prolly ain't enforce it on the other dude Cuz he actually bought a real ticket.
And that gives them the right to discriminate? The ignorance is strong with this reply.

Regardless if they paid full or half-price they paid for a service and that service treated them differently than the other passengers.

There are no set prices on plane tickets anyway, you can pay $200 more or less than the person sitting next to you. Thats been exposed already too.
 5 years ago '06        #8
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
space
$54,858 | Props total: 25599 25599
That person is getting fired Lol. I don't blame the company for this just that stupid employee
 5 years ago '05        #9
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,175 | Props total: 11706 11706
 Matt504 said:
it has nothing to do with a "buddy pass", vs "paid ticket", it's clear cut discrimination.

if the first class policy says: no baseball caps, hoodies (other urban apparel), then there shouldn't have been anyone in first class with those articles of clothing.
 astarisborn said:
And that gives them the right to discriminate? The ignorance is strong with this reply.

Regardless if they paid full or half-price they paid for a service and that service treated them differently than the other passengers.

There are no set prices on plane tickets anyway, you can pay $200 more or less than the person sitting next to you. Thats been exposed already too.
Oh Nah. Its still discrimination. I know. I'm just saying them customer service muhfu*kas be looking at people with buddy passes like they getting over on the company or some sh*t. Like its affecting they pay or something. I've witnessed that sh*t. But if u a paying customer you gonna get treated differently which is still wrong

And if they wuda made a scene in the terminal, whoever gave them the tickets might've gotten fired.

Last edited by THEINFAMOUS; 04-15-2013 at 09:53 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #10
dc3003 57 heat pts57
space
space
$33,462 | Props total: 30626 30626
Ignorant fuks ! It's the fukin rule , I rode. To Hawaii on a buddy pass ,ur representing the company. They want u dressed up. Make the airline look good. Or whatever reason they may have for giving u discounted ticket. It cost me 400 roundtrip to Maui, ill wear a clown costume if they wanted me to. I should've paid 2 grand minimum . Dumass dudes they ain't getting sh*t.
 04-15-2013, 12:42 PM         #11
Throbbin' Thicke 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You can easily spot the cacs in this thread. They mad as hell.

Its either you want everyone in first class to look professional or they can where whatever They want. Black guy in hoody looks more threatening then a Filipino guy in a hoody to white people.

White people so scared of what the black man will do to them
 04-15-2013, 01:15 PM         #13
One Shot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The brothers say an airline employee stopped them at the gate, asking MacCraig to remove his baseball cap and telling Miles to change into a button-up shirt, nicer shoes and slacks.

read this then had to backtrack reading hoping in my brain "please don't let them be related, please don't let them be related".
 5 years ago '06        #14
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 dc3003 said:
Ignorant fuks ! It's the fukin rule , I rode. To Hawaii on a buddy pass ,ur representing the company. They want u dressed up. Make the airline look good. Or whatever reason they may have for giving u discounted ticket. It cost me 400 roundtrip to Maui, ill wear a clown costume if they wanted me to. I should've paid 2 grand minimum . Dumass dudes they ain't getting sh*t.
No fu*ks given about the following huh?

Not wanting any trouble, the brothers decided to follow the dress code. But once onboard the flight, they were shocked to see Michael Heffernan, a white passenger, and Edward DeLeon, his Filipino friend, wearing the same clothing the black men weren’t allowed to wear--jeans and hoodies.
“They were very upset when they saw the other two gentlemen sitting right across from them,” Diggs said. “This is definitely racial discrimination and a violation of their civil rights.”
I guess the rules (if there were any) only applied to the black gents. fu*k your $400 round trips to Maui troll.
 5 years ago '04        #15
memphis10 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,588 | Props total: 2976 2976
i worked at jetblue and had a ton of buddy passes... yes you do have to dress business call when using them. i dont see them winning this lawsuit

and im definitely Black by the way!
 5 years ago '05        #16
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,535 | Props total: 134 134
They aren't getting a dime. They used the "buddy pass" so they have to adhere to the buddy pass rules. The white guy and the filipino guy paid full fare so they got to wear whatever they wanted. Had they also used the buddy pass and got to wear whatever they wanted, then its discrimination and you have a case.
 5 years ago '12        #17
eCity 420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,257 | Props total: 837 837
 dc3003 said:
close this thread.
f*ggots got discounted tickets too
 5 years ago '07        #18
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,072 | Props total: 1520 1520
 hood135 said:
No fu*ks given about the following huh?

I guess the rules (if there were any) only applied to the black gents. fu*k your $400 round trips to Maui troll.
U didn't understand what you quoted

He said, when u use a BUDDY PASS, you are respresenting the airline.
 5 years ago '04        #19
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,663 | Props total: 515 515
Can someone give me a copy of these separate "buddy pass" rules? Since when can an airline discriminate based on clothing that isn't obscene or revealing?
 5 years ago '12        #20
Phuck Yiu 34 heat pts34
space
space
$7,395 | Props total: 10064 10064
smh them n*ggas is suckas for really changing their clothes.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
14 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
15 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
48 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy