Would you give Paul George $94M/5YRS?

most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
23 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

???
Yes 46 37.40%
No 77 62.60%
Voters: 123. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 5 years ago '11        #101
maxnn 129 heat pts129
space
space
$12,180 | Props total: 1034 1034
It is possible for the Pacers to sign West? I don't think they have his bird rights...
 5 years ago '05        #102
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
 BXLaw said:
There is a reason that the Spurs are the Spurs and the Knicks was the Knicks. Its all in how you manage your cap. Ginobili Duncan and Parker all deserved max contracts. The Spurs GM managed their salaries exceptionally well. Parker and Duncan showed promise in their early career,but they did not get paid elite money until their play backed it up. I don't care how good a player can possibly be. I am not giving a player averaging 18 points a game nearly 19million a year. What will you say if his production declines and he doesn't turn out to be the superstar player you think he will become? I'm paying this guy 10-12 million max, but you are considering paying him a superstar salary of 19 million per year similar to Carmelo, Kobe, Lebron????? While he is still in his third year of the league

Smarten up young buck
What has Carmelo done to deserve a max contract?
 05-25-2013, 07:34 PM         #103
Hurricane24 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BXLaw said:
NBA Scoring Champ
All NBA second team
Perennial All Star
Dependable scorer and closer every night
Leader of the Knicks
People come to see this man play, selling out MSG and making the Knicks a respectable franchise in NY again
Led us to a division champs
Primarily responsible for elevating us from 8th seed to 2nd seed without a consistent second option
Made us a contender in the East
Helps revitalize a losing franchise
Helped us push the series to 6 games against a young, well coached Pacers that's currently giving the defending champions problems (Knicks/Pacers were close games in the first two games, we smacked them Game 2)
And PG24>>>melo still
Give him the max, he's the future
 5 years ago '05        #104
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
 BXLaw said:
NBA Scoring Champ
All NBA second team
Perennial All Star
Dependable scorer and closer every night
Leader of the Knicks
People come to see this man play, selling out MSG and making the Knicks a respectable franchise in NY again
Led us to a division champs
Primarily responsible for elevating us from 8th seed to 2nd seed without a consistent second option
Made us a contender in the East
Helps revitalize a losing franchise
Helped us push the series to 6 games against a young, well coached Pacers that's currently giving the defending champions problems (Knicks/Pacers were close games in the first two games, we smacked them Game 2)
 5 years ago '04        #105
D1nOnlyMrM@ 43 heat pts43
space
space
$12,450 | Props total: 1446 1446
 BXLaw said:
There is a reason that the Spurs are the Spurs and the Knicks was the Knicks etc. (Small market team who manages their cap efficienly vs a Team with the one of the largest caps but made bad decisions giving players undeserving large contracts) To be a championship contender, managing the cap is extremely vital. One can argue that Ginobili Duncan and Parker all deserved max contracts. However Danny Ferry (Spurs GM) managed their salaries exceptionally well in order to preserve the core of the team for many years. Parker and Duncan showed promise in their early career,but they did not get paid elite money until they reached their primes.

I don't care how good a player can possibly be. I am not giving a player averaging 18 points a game who hasn't show his true potential 19million a year. What will you say if his production declines, he becomes uninspired due to his large contract, and he doesn't turn out to be the superstar player you once predicted? An ideal salary would be 10-12 million max, but you're telling me he deserves a salary of 19 million per year similar to a Carmelo, Kobe, or Lebron?????

Smarten up young buck
yea he definitely drinking that pg kool aid. i like pg but i understand the value of a short term contract during years like this. signing a guy for 5-7 years without him showing consistency doesnt get it done. every year, there will be coaches breaking his game down, every year he will be on the floor taking the risk of injury. id like him to be the anti lebron in the east (since my favorite player melo aint measuring up). but when ya sign a guy who is in his blossom year to a large contract..ya gotta deal with a lot of things... that have nothing to do with basketball itself but effect how he will show up on the court.
 5 years ago '07        #106
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
 katalist said:
mmmm, PG a beast
PG >>>>

fu*k the haters, period. Dude is one of the best two way players in the NBA, people who saying they wouldn't pay him are either 1) haters or 2) just jealous he aint on they team
62% of folks said no yet you think we're all haters

Superstars dont shoot 41% bruh
 5 years ago '12        #107
AceBoogie 45 heat pts45
space
space
$6,201 | Props total: 59 59
he needs to become more of a slasher. if he improves his ball handling it would increase his a.ssists and his fg % cuz hes driving and kicking and taking more shots at the rim. his 3 point shot makes opponents have to respect him so he if he drives more it will be hard to defend him. his defense is already very good and his rebounding is excellent. i wouldnt give him a max but id give him something close to it for 3-4 years
 5 years ago '10        #108
SoFresh170 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,311 | Props total: 1963 1963
Idk about 94 mil but he's definitely worth top dollar. The way the league is shaped PG is a special player.
 06-03-2013, 10:08 PM         #109
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments