Would you give Paul George $94M/5YRS?

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
41 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
122 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

???
Yes 46 37.40%
No 77 62.60%
Voters: 123. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #41
Fearless Genius 72 heat pts72
space
space
$4,253 | Props total: 725 725
 #TheReturn said:
I'm going.to agree with this. NBA talent is by far the worst its ever been. Pretty shocked by anyone saying its the best its been. it's really not a league full of superstar but players who would have been fringe all stars maybe 6 years ago are being ranked top 15 in the NBA today. There aren't five players I can name who can dribble, shoot the three, athletic, unselfish and under 25 with Georges skill set and height. You have to.pay him that. The market requires it and only.because the talent pool is small. The only deep position in the NBA is PG and maybe SF. Being that George can play SG .a position that has the least talent next to center his stock becomes even more valuable.

Only.thing.I don't agree with is the wording with you saying he's a superstar right now in todays NBA. He's not. I think his odds of becoming one are greater in todays in NBA than the ones prior is what I would say.NM
not true. there is more individual talent today in the league then there has ever been . there are plenty of player who make dumb decisions with talent too like demarcus cousins or aren't utilizing their talent fully like tyreke evans. but that doesn't mean they aren't talented.

and i think the nba gms need to be smarter. there aren't a lot of paul george's is true. paul george is pretty unique in when you put it all together. but being unique doesn't mean you are a valuable commodity. you have to look at impact on winning. tim thomas was a really unique player too: 6-10 can shoot, handle, long, athletic, etc. and he got a huge contract after his rookie deal. but he didn't live up to his potential or the contract and never had a huge impact on winning. and i don't think george has a huge impact on winning, atleast not 100 million worth. and i don't see him becoming a superstar type player.

146 - 42 STRK: 4 w in a row WIN PCT: 77% 19 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 97-57, Rank #29 | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *

Last edited by Fearless Genius; 04-11-2013 at 02:09 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #42
jake_starrz 
space
space
$978 | Props total: 0 0
paul george will be rudy gay in 5 years
 5 years ago '05        #43
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$36,989 | Props total: 1313 1313
 jake_starrz said:
paul george will be rudy gay in 5 years
Get the fu*k outta here with that bullsh*t, George is one of the best defenders in the NBA, Gay doesnt defend..

Alot of you BX dudes just look at statlines n sh*t and only care about offensive numbers. Little do yall know he is a fantastic defender who is improving each year on offense.

Defensive players stay going underappreciated on this site.

if you dont think he worth the money then fine, but dont say bullsh*t like he is the next rudy gay when they are totally dif players (PG is two way player, Gay is one dimensional).
 5 years ago '04        #44
yaobabydaddy 
space
space
$4,548 | Props total: 593 593
 katalist said:
Get the fu*k outta here with that bullsh*t, George is one of the best defenders in the NBA, Gay doesnt defend..

Alot of you BX dudes just look at statlines n sh*t and only care about offensive numbers. Little do yall know he is a fantastic defender who is improving each year on offense.

Defensive players stay going underappreciated on this site.

if you dont think he worth the money then fine, but dont say bullsh*t like he is the next rudy gay when they are totally dif players (PG is two way player, Gay is one dimensional).
Kat, bet u a lot of these fools never seen a pacer game.

And to dude talkin bout he will never reach kd potential..maybe not with his j, but pg will be a better all around player when its said n done. Kd can't play d, he just shoots over smaller defenders. Once pg grows more confidence, I'm sure he will add that to his game.
 5 years ago '09        #45
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,404 | Props total: 12338 12338
If he plays this way in the playoffs, leads them to the ECF and comes back next year better than I can see him getting the max from Indiana. But, I don't think he gets that 5/98 or whatever it was you said. He'll be closer to 5/85 or a little less which is still a damn good deal.
 5 years ago '05        #46
A~team 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,763 | Props total: 1574 1574
 ChickzNKickz said:
Contracts are based on weekly performances?
no they are based on consistency and right now hes not consistent, point blank.

and fu*k no i'd give that contract to john wall before i give it to pg and both of em dont deserve that much.
 5 years ago '04        #47
luv4music 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,692 | Props total: 1473 1473
 ChickzNKickz said:
Contracts are based on weekly performances?
would you rather pay off potential or present talent?

half a good season does not a max contract make.
 04-11-2013, 09:24 PM         #48
Infamous B 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
we already have so muched locked up in hibbert ol soft a.ss
 04-11-2013, 09:28 PM         #49
Infamous B 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Legit1 said:
Paul George KD good

He will never have the natural offensive game and feel that Stickman has and no he does not have Stickman potential.

If anyone PG reminds me of is young Andre Iguodala without the playmaking, both players excellent athletically and can get a itt at the defensive end. Similar situation too as Philly was lured into giving Iggy that big contract hoping he can take the next step.

IMO I could see PG in his prime at max being a 22 and 8 guy on close to 50% shooting if he improves his jumper. 100 million for him though I'll pass.

i'm a pacers fan but i have no illusions about his limitations and inconsistencies.
 5 years ago '06        #50
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,431 | Props total: 788 788
 BlackieRobinson said:
He's doing what roy hibbert did
After you get that big contract, play like sh*t because you getting paid
Like the guy in your avi

04-12-2013, 10:35 AM         #51
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Johnson Barnes said:
2 = SG

3 = SF

casual fan
 5 years ago '04        #52
KidYungn 280 heat pts280
space
space
$2,237 | Props total: 2 2
Absolutely not.

I am a Pacers fan and Paul George fan, but he is Robin , not Batman. Same problem that Danny Granger has. He needs a true superstar to play alongside with ala Andre Igudoala factor. Same scenario. But with Roy Hibbert being vastly overpaid and the Pacers needing to make sure PG does not leave, he will be overpaid as well.
 5 years ago '13        #53
lotek7 
space
space
space
$110 | Props total: 0 0
If my n*gga George drop 35+ against the Nets tonight Sure why not based upon potential
 04-12-2013, 03:50 PM         #54
NiccaSpanglish 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Da muthfukkin Pacers would be 14-64 w/out George Check da Stats
 5 years ago '04        #55
KidYungn 280 heat pts280
space
space
$2,237 | Props total: 2 2
 NiccaSpanglish said:
Da muthfukkin Pacers would be 14-64 w/out George Check da Stats
He averages 18 and 8, that is not $100 million worthy

Last 3 games....terrible:

Date Opponent Result MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OFF DEF REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
Season
Apr 09 vs. CLE W 99 - 94 33 4 - 12 2 - 3 4 - 6 3 4 7 2 3 0 2 2 14
Apr 06 @ WAS L 85 - 104 34 0 - 8 0 - 4 2 - 2 1 5 6 3 0 0 2 3 2
Apr 05 vs. OKC L 75 - 97 38 3 - 11 0 - 6 2 - 5 2 5 7 2 1 0 1 3 8
 5 years ago '11        #56
eliwood 143 heat pts143
space
space
$32,930 | Props total: 8773 8773
Probably not worth all that money (not taking away from him, he's a great player) but if you're a small market team you have to ensure keeping talent within the organization because the Pacers aren't exactly an attractive free agent destination. They lucked out with West but practically the rest of their team has been built through the draft including trading a pick for George Hill
 5 years ago '10        #57
LORD PLISSKEN 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$21,017 | Props total: 8022 8022
 eliwood said:
Probably not worth all that money (not taking away from him, he's a great player) but if you're a small market team you have to ensure keeping talent within the organization because the Pacers aren't exactly an attractive free agent destination. They lucked out with West but practically the rest of their team has been built through the draft including trading a pick for George Hill
 5 years ago '05        #58
dg177bx 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$7,605 | Props total: 1 1
that boy getting cooked by joe johnson
 5 years ago '05        #59
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,732 | Props total: 12532 12532
 EnlightenMe said:
and i think the nba gms need to be smarter. there aren't a lot of paul george's is true. paul george is pretty unique in when you put it all together. but being unique doesn't mean you are a valuable commodity. you have to look at impact on winning. tim thomas was a really unique player too: 6-10 can shoot, handle, long, athletic, etc. and he got a huge contract after his rookie deal. but he didn't live up to his potential or the contract and never had a huge impact on winning. and i don't think george has a huge impact on winning, atleast not 100 million worth. and i don't see him becoming a superstar type player.
It's become obvious that you just grossly underrate Paul George with the "tim thomas" comparison..

Tim Thomas has never been an all-star nor has he ever averaged more than 15ppg.. At any point, nor was his skills ever as polished as georges at any point, nor was he as fast or as athletic.. The more I think about it the more I wonder why Katalist hasn't called you out for this comparison? George is WAY more advance at the age of 22 than Thomas ever was... fu*k is you thinking bringing up Tim Thomas.
 5 years ago '11        #60
imtheman718 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,069 | Props total: 514 514
mid level exception
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
262 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
103 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
38 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
32 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
46 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
98 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy