Would you give Paul George $94M/5YRS?

most viewed right now
 98
Video inside I’ll take “things a brotha wouldn’t do” for $200 Alex
89 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 70
Video inside This was by far the best catfish
58 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 67
Image(s) inside Arab girls are leveling up too(got a booty and curves)
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 47
NBA KD just pulled Barkley's card
84 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

???
Yes 46 37.40%
No 77 62.60%
Voters: 123. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #1
7042 pageviews
119 comments


Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
avatar space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7941 7941
Would you give Paul George $94M/5YRS?
 

 
Derrick Rose Rule: The rule allows a player finishing his rookie contract to make 30 percent of a team's salary cap -- up from 25 percent -- if he's twice been voted an All-Star starter, twice been voted All-NBA or won an MVP award.
LeBron & KD will probably get voted 1st Team. Probably Melo & Blake at 2nd Team. Then after that, Paul George, David Lee, LaMarcus Aldridge, Paul Pierce & Luol Deng probably have the best shot at the last two forward spots. I like George's chances this season (best record of that group, and an all star selection). And if he can do it next year too, he might sneak in on that superstar money image




Pacers could always just let him hit the open market (where he'd only get $58M/4YRS at most). But there's still the (unlikely) possibility they may p!ss him off, and he'd take the QO out of spite (image @ Jennings).


If it comes down to it, would you give him the $94M? (only $2M more per year than Rudy Gay, but Gay's probably not the best justification for George's agent to be throwing around)

119 comments for "Would you give Paul George $94M/5YRS?"

 5 years ago '07        #2
capone3pbs 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$17,616 | Props total: 5471 5471
 04-11-2013, 01:40 AM         #3
dmatic 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wait and see what he cna do in the playoffs
 5 years ago '04        #4
luv4music 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,735 | Props total: 1640 1640
not the way he's been playing lately
 5 years ago '05        #5
ChickzNKickz 100 heat pts100
space
avatar space
space
$11,609 | Props total: 15370 15370
 luv4music said:
not the way he's been playing lately
Contracts are based on weekly performances?
 5 years ago '12        #6
Fearless Genius 72 heat pts72
space
avatar space
space
$4,277 | Props total: 759 759
if you look at it from the organizations perspective, i'd say no for a couple of reasons. i think he's a very good player but he's not ever going to be a "superstar". his impact on the game isn't worth that type of money. secondly, the pacers have a poor attendance record. so he's not generating revenue either.

so putting those reasons together i think you have to say no. let him go or trade him and build around hansboro so atleast the hicks will come out and support the team even though they'll suck.




  147 - 42 STRK: 5 w in a row WIN PCT: 77% 29 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 97-57, Rank #29 | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *
 5 years ago '05        #7
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
avatar space
space
$13,395 | Props total: 1875 1875
 EnlightenMe said:
if you look at it from the organizations perspective, i'd say no for a couple of reasons. i think he's a very good player but he's not ever going to be a "superstar". his impact on the game isn't worth that type of money. secondly, the pacers have a poor attendance record. so he's not generating revenue either.

so putting those reasons together i think you have to say no. let him go or trade him and build around hansboro so atleast the hicks will come out and support the team even though they'll suck.
1. Um, what? His breakout season has been this year - how would you know if he's going to be a superstar or not? He has the skill set to be one.

2. Um, what? Poor attendance record = George not making revenue for them? What? Having a star to represent the Pacers in a big way can only help their attendance.
 5 years ago '12        #8
Fearless Genius 72 heat pts72
space
avatar space
space
$4,277 | Props total: 759 759
 Left Hook said:
1. Um, what? His breakout season has been this year - how would you know if he's going to be a superstar or not? He has the skill set to be one.

2. Um, what? Poor attendance record = George not making revenue for them? What? Having a star to represent the Pacers in a big way can only help their attendance.
1. to answer your first point, i don't think he will develop the skillset offensively to be a superstar. i don't know but nobody really knows. he could or he couldn't develop offensively to a superstar level. you kinda have to make judgements about these things and i'm putting my money on that he won't.

2. yes, poor attendance record = george not making money for them. you're making my point for me actually. he's having a break out year and people aren't coming out to support him. there have been many players on bad teams that sell tickets because they're good and exciting to watch (i.e. raptors vince carter, allen iverson, magic tracy mcgrady). paul george doesn't have the ability to do that in indiana. there could be other reasons why they aren't selling but the point stands. paul george isn't doing much if anything to help the situation.

so why give a guy superstar money if he isn't producing to a superstar level and isn't selling tickets like a superstar? it doesn't make sense.




  147 - 42 STRK: 5 w in a row WIN PCT: 77% 29 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 97-57, Rank #29 | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *


Last edited by Fearless Genius; 04-11-2013 at 04:03 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #9
d2921 2853 heat pts2853
space
avatar space
space
$24,602 | Props total: 5673 5673
 5 years ago '04        #10
D1nOnlyMrM@ 43 heat pts43
space
avatar space
space
$12,834 | Props total: 2036 2036
 EnlightenMe said:
1. to answer your first point, i don't think he will develop the skillset offensively to be a superstar. i don't know but nobody really knows. he could or he couldn't develop offensively to a superstar level. you kinda have to make judgements about these things and i'm putting my money on that he won't.

2. yes, poor attendance record = george not making money for them. you're making my point for me actually. he's having a break out year and people aren't coming out to support him. there have been many players on bad teams that sell tickets because they're good and exciting to watch (i.e. raptors vince carter, allen iverson, magic tracy mcgrady). paul george doesn't have the ability to do that in indiana. there could be other reasons why they aren't selling but the point stands. paul george isn't doing much if anything to help the situation.

so why give a guy superstar money if he isn't producing to a superstar level and isn't selling tickets like a superstar? it doesn't make sense.
if they get eric gordon...then attendance will raise, does that mean he's a superstar?
 5 years ago '09        #11
Axl Rose 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$23,518 | Props total: 5548 5548
i dont think he'll ever be good enough on offense to be a superstar


Last edited by Axl Rose; 04-11-2013 at 04:38 AM..
 5 years ago '12        #12
Fearless Genius 72 heat pts72
space
avatar space
space
$4,277 | Props total: 759 759
 D1nOnlyMrM@ said:
if they get eric gordon...then attendance will raise, does that mean he's a superstar?
no. it's not just about selling tickets, it's about producing too. and it's not just raising attendance but how much you do it by too.

let's put it this way:
you know what the raptors, magic, timberwolves and wizards all have in common? they all have better attendance than the pacers. now consider the fact that those teams have a combined win-loss record 108-206 and, for the exception of the wiz and wolves (love has been injured though), don't have a player of george's caliber. the pacers are a 3rd seed that could be a 2nd seed in the east. they're 25th out of 30 teams in attendance. they can't fall too much more. so they can pay george nearly 100 million to not produce at a superstar level and not sell tickets or they can drop to let's say 27th in attendance, still most likely be a playoff team in the east, and save 100 million.

now there could be other reasons why they aren't selling, maybe it still has to do fans still being turned off by malice in the palace or the local economy. but either way paul george isn't doing much to help the sitation. he's not worth the paper.




  147 - 42 STRK: 5 w in a row WIN PCT: 77% 29 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 97-57, Rank #29 | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *


Last edited by Fearless Genius; 04-11-2013 at 04:54 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #13
Rique 65 heat pts65
space
avatar space
space
$41,628 | Props total: 19952 19952
 EnlightenMe said:
if you look at it from the organizations perspective, i'd say no for a couple of reasons. i think he's a very good player but he's not ever going to be a "superstar". his impact on the game isn't worth that type of money. secondly, the pacers have a poor attendance record. so he's not generating revenue either.

so putting those reasons together i think you have to say no. let him go or trade him and build around hansboro so atleast the hicks will come out and support the team even though they'll suck.
In todays NBA I think hes a superstar. The nba is that bad right now talent wise. If they dont pay it to him another team would. Kyrie Irving will get it too. They arent superstars when compared to other players in history, but the leveo the nba is right now they are


Last edited by Rique; 04-11-2013 at 05:02 AM..
 5 years ago '12        #14
Fearless Genius 72 heat pts72
space
avatar space
space
$4,277 | Props total: 759 759
 Rique said:
In todays NBA I think hes a superstar. The nba is that bad right now talent wise. If they didnt pay it to him another team would. Kyrie Irving will get it too. They arent superstars when compared to other players in history, but the leveo the nba is right now they are
i disagree. i actually think the nba is as good as it's ever been talent wise. it might be bad team wise, but there's a ton of talent in the league. and i don't think george is on kyrie's level. i think kyrie will be a legit superstar.




  147 - 42 STRK: 5 w in a row WIN PCT: 77% 29 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 97-57, Rank #29 | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *
 5 years ago '06        #15
hood135 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
I wouldn't give but he's going to get.
 5 years ago '11        #16
KING JAYY 541 heat pts541
space
avatar space
space
$53,481 | Props total: 23122 23122
 5 years ago '07        #17
MiseryCityTexas 20 heat pts20
space
space
space
$21,768 | Props total: 5258 5258
hell no
 04-11-2013, 07:28 AM         #18
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yup

and isn't he only like 23

he will be the best 2 or the 4th best 3 after bron kd and melo



if he was in NY this wouldn't even be a question
 5 years ago '06        #19
Jayday00 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,290 | Props total: 25 25
you are crazy judging a 22/23 year old kid who is in his third year in the league. Look at the strides he's made in each season? This kid has the hunger to be the best, he's no where near his peak... and also he plays 2 way ball... Gotta respect that..

If the pacers paid Roy Hibbert max money, they better find a way to pay Paul George




  13 - 12 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 52% 274 (-1) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 1-0, Rank #316 | Aug 15: 238-93, Rank #45 | Aug 14: 188-101, Rank #37 | Aug 13: 163-100, Rank #33 | Aug 12: 11-2, Rank #122 *
 5 years ago '06        #20
Rique 65 heat pts65
space
avatar space
space
$41,628 | Props total: 19952 19952
 EnlightenMe said:
i disagree. i actually think the nba is as good as it's ever been talent wise. it might be bad team wise, but there's a ton of talent in the league. and i don't think george is on kyrie's level. i think kyrie will be a legit superstar.
Kyries team isnt any better with or without him. He may score, but his impact is minimal. The NBA right now has more middle level talent, but less upper level talent. There are barely any true superstars in the NBA right now


Last edited by Rique; 04-11-2013 at 08:03 AM..
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 36
Video inside The Deep Dark Web
131 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 31
Giving out da ehroll and the wet noodle🍲
53 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 30
Image(s) inside May 18 - Trump orders Postmaster General to DOUBLE Amazon's shipping r..
71 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 13
Call Of Duty Black Ops IIII Gameplay
91 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
 13
Image(s) inside Name a movie engraved in popular culture that you never seen
149 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 13
Image(s) inside May 19 - Countries Are Starting To Dump The US Dollar... EU Consider D..
40 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 11
Colin Farrell destroying bullys dad
67 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 9
Video inside New black sitcoms coming to network tv this fall
52 comments
2 days ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy