Blackballed rappers

most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
95 comments
@games
most viewed right now
 NCAAF Georgia LB Natrez Patrick was arrested for this amount of weed
13 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 NBA KD is easily the best player in the NBA
19 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
37 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '09        #21
Arob 20 heat pts20
space
space
$3,767 | Props total: 932 932
joe budden during def jam days
 4 years ago '04        #22
gimmethat 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,483 | Props total: 2722 2722
grafh was blackballed ,i guess cuz of chaz ...if someone knows the real reason ,enlighten me

All i know is that it was fif related
 4 years ago '13        #23
PsychoCyber 29 heat pts29
space
space
$7,884 | Props total: 2032 2032
 YungPrinceNY said:
BET Blacklisted the following artists from their Station

A memo from the BET video department lists artists that are not to be given air time.

The following artists are banned from airplay (meaning all their NEW videos are not to be aired on the station). Kool G. Rap, Craig G, MC Lyte, Buckshot, Kool Keith, A Tribe Called Quest, Jeru The Damaja, The Artifacts, AZ, Bad Seed, Bahamadia, Da Brat, Goodie Mob, Bone Thugs N Harmony, Black Moon, Methodman, E-40, Canibus, Afu Ra, Cappadonn, Channel Live, Cocoa Brovaz, Red Foxxx, GZA, El-P D.O.C, Diamond D, Dead Prez, De La Soul, MF Doom, Camp Lo, Geto Boys, Brand Nubian, Boot Camp Clik, KRS One, Black Sheep, Raekwon, 4th Avenue Jones, Heather B, Jayo Felony, k!llah Priest, Lil Cease, McGruff, Mic Geronimo, Monie Love, Mos Def, Ice Cube, Hieroglyphics, Inspectah Deck, Jean Grae, Nate Dogg, O.C, Onyx, and many more!

Reason....Their music is not "relevant" to the BET audience.
fu*k bet yo

[pic - click to view]

09-08-2013, 04:07 AM         #24
Sekhem  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GeorgiaBoyTool said:
And how could MC Lyte be blackballed on BET when she works for them?
Yeah, the list is just some rumor started by somebody trying to stir up hatred for this generation's hip-hop. It's really predictable behavior. The reason most of those artists aren't on BET is because it's not the '90s anymore. I know for a fact that Ultramagnetic and Kool Keith have been on BET, even as recently as '11, several times (and they aren't even 'relevant').
 09-08-2013, 05:01 AM         #25
Phillipmcd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 gangtsa said:
Buddens album flopped and thats why Jay didnt put out his sophmore. Nicca was shelved i dont get what he cried about.
Didn't it sell 500k?
 4 years ago '11        #26
Sinamatik CFR 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,367 | Props total: 7802 7802
 YungPrinceNY said:

A memo from the BET video department lists artists that are not to be given air time.

The following artists are banned from airplay (meaning all their NEW videos are not to be aired on the station). Kool G. Rap, Craig G, MC Lyte, Buckshot, Kool Keith, A Tribe Called Quest, Jeru The Damaja, The Artifacts, AZ, Bad Seed, Bahamadia, Da Brat, Goodie Mob, Bone Thugs N Harmony, Black Moon, Methodman, E-40, Canibus, Afu Ra, Cappadonn, Channel Live, Cocoa Brovaz, Red Foxxx, GZA, El-P D.O.C, Diamond D, Dead Prez, De La Soul, MF Doom, Camp Lo, Geto Boys, Brand Nubian, Boot Camp Clik, KRS One, Black Sheep, Raekwon, 4th Avenue Jones, Heather B, Jayo Felony, k!llah Priest, Lil Cease, McGruff, Mic Geronimo, Monie Love, Mos Def, Ice Cube, Hieroglyphics, Inspectah Deck, Jean Grae, Nate Dogg, O.C, Onyx, and many more!

saw this same sh*t posted somewhere 7 or so years ago... never got clarification on if it was a real memo or not, but it isn't far-fetched at all, at the time I can say none of the artists were getting video spins on the station, but then again I only glance at the station while channel surfing
 09-08-2013, 06:58 AM         #27
dlettern  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 trill jackson said:
this reminds me of the illuminatti sh*t i was thinking about today. if an artist says fu*k it i'm not gonna follow the rules i'm gonna speak my mind they either k!ll them blackball them or the media makes them out to be crazy. lauren hill made a timeless masterpiece then disappeared from the music scene, why? they'll say because she's bugged out and lost her mind but did you ever think that's not the reason? maybe it's because she wouldn't sell her soul. why did dave chappelle turn down all that vh1 money and go to africa? then look at jay z. the media don't touch that dude and they could if they wanted to. you don't think they could play up his past? "look at that guy he sold crack, he shot his own brother, he says ****** bi*ch and ho in his songs, he stabbed un rivera, why does the president affiliate himself with a thug like that?" you don't think the media could do him like that? of course they can. you gotta ask yourself what side deal did he cut to get that pass? not tryna start nothing i'm just sayin
Its 2013.....losers still talking about the illuminati? If you know so much through your Youtube research, why not use that "knowledge" to better yourself?
 09-08-2013, 07:03 AM         #28
dlettern  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 YungPrinceNY said:

This list is a lie. My boy works for BET and he has already confirmed that no such list exist.

That being said, BET is no longer owned by a Black man. Its owned by Viacom. The same cats who brought you "Flava of Love" and "the Jersey Shore"....Is it any wonder all they play is Southern Hip Hop?
 4 years ago '12        #29
styxz 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,307 | Props total: 432 432
That list is fake as hell :ohhellnonas:

But yes, there is a MASSIVE disconnect between OG rappers and today's rap fans. The demographic is something like urban youth ages 15-22 or something.

But BET, MTV and the raido been on that sh*t. Look at how they successfully seperated rap from the other elements. n*ggas don't even know what a bboy is and think a DJ and producer the same thing
 4 years ago '07        #30
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 YungPrinceNY said:

Source??
 4 years ago '07        #31
True Sinister 117 heat pts117
space
space
$22,109 | Props total: 4720 4720
 gangtsa said:
Jay has been on every Ross album. They were cool back jay was the pres of def jam. French has never been blackballed lol.....

Max def was. He still has tons of unreleased music Jones wont ever release.

Buddens album flopped and thats why Jay didnt put out his sophmore. Nicca was shelved i dont get what he cried about.
Not deeper than rap. The original Maybach music track was months before Trilla but I was pushed back a lot. Jay initially only appeared on Ross' music because of the Def Jam presidency. 2 year gap between freemason and Maybach music 1.
 4 years ago '07        #32
True Sinister 117 heat pts117
space
space
$22,109 | Props total: 4720 4720
 Curtisimo said:
None of this is black ball or black listing
The music business just like any other business it's about networking and building connections and relationships

If you fu*k up those connections (and those are the only connections you have) why would anybody else fu*k with you

According to your logic 50 cent black balled Game
Jay-z black listed Amil, Dame Dash and state property
Hot 97 black balled Nas after the 105.1 tirade and before the apology

And so forth and so forth
Hot 97 actually did blatantly try to shut Nas down but he was already a multi platinum artist and there are many other media sources that are out there like Source that helped him f!ght that one. Had he never apologized and kissed a.ss they may still hold a grudge and not pay him...also Kay Slay was still playing his records.

I seriously do believe that Jay is the reason Scarface will not release that albums with Beans and that most of State Property was scared of riding with Beans.

Dame is an as*hole who offers nothing.
 09-08-2013, 12:16 PM         #33
SOD RG  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 True Sinister said:
Hot 97 actually did blatantly try to shut Nas down but he was already a multi platinum artist and there are many other media sources that are out there like Source that helped him f!ght that one. Had he never apologized and kissed a.ss they may still hold a grudge and not pay him...also Kay Slay was still playing his records.

I seriously do believe that Jay is the reason Scarface will not release that albums with Beans and that most of State Property was scared of riding with Beans.

Dame is an as*hole who offers nothing.
Who the fu*k would wanna release an album with a rapper named "Beans"
 4 years ago '08        #34
Lmac 
space
space
space
$2,057 | Props total: 445 445
Gibbs
 4 years ago '05        #35
YARKONE 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,500 | Props total: 378 378
 CakedUP23 said:
Who the fu*k would wanna release an album with a rapper named "Beans"
are you serious?
 4 years ago '04        #36
Hyper_Intel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,938 | Props total: 89 89
I believe it!
 04-08-2014, 05:23 PM         #37
WiltTHEGOAT  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
biggavel for sure
 4 years ago '10        #38
Barge 
space
space
$2,126 | Props total: 347 347
 Sekhem said:
Yeah, the list is just some rumor started by somebody trying to stir up hatred for this generation's hip-hop. It's really predictable behavior. The reason most of those artists aren't on BET is because it's not the '90s anymore. I know for a fact that Ultramagnetic and Kool Keith have been on BET, even as recently as '11, several times (and they aren't even 'relevant').
Yup, that list is a joke!

I saw Ice Cube getting honored for The 2014 BET Honors last week, he received an award and everything.
 04-08-2014, 06:18 PM         #39
guccilouieprada  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The only important one .. MAX B
 4 years ago '05        #40
drama_kiNg 62 heat pts62
space
space
$14,284 | Props total: 675 675
cuban link
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
81 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
21 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
41 comments
19 hours ago