Blackballed rappers

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
35 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
66 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-10-2013, 06:04 PM         #1
10788 pageviews
59 comments

SOD RG 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Blackballed rappers

Who are some rappers that are blackballed from the industry?

Lupe Fiasco
And the way it's looking, 50 Cent.

59 comments for "Blackballed rappers"

5 years ago '10        #2
trill jackson 738 heat pts738
space
space
$18,853 | Props total: 13304 13304
this reminds me of the illuminatti sh*t i was thinking about today. if an artist says fu*k it i'm not gonna follow the rules i'm gonna speak my mind they either k!ll them blackball them or the media makes them out to be crazy. lauren hill made a timeless masterpiece then disappeared from the music scene, why? they'll say because she's bugged out and lost her mind but did you ever think that's not the reason? maybe it's because she wouldn't sell her soul. why did dave chappelle turn down all that vh1 money and go to africa? then look at jay z. the media don't touch that dude and they could if they wanted to. you don't think they could play up his past? "look at that guy he sold crack, he shot his own brother, he says ****** bi*ch and ho in his songs, he stabbed un rivera, why does the president affiliate himself with a thug like that?" you don't think the media could do him like that? of course they can. you gotta ask yourself what side deal did he cut to get that pass? not tryna start nothing i'm just sayin
 5 years ago '13        #3
HipHopFactz 436 heat pts436
space
space
$31,057 | Props total: 38344 38344
blackballed

and falling off

and lack of buzz

are different things
 5 years ago '10        #4
Solid2 snake 
space
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 8477 8477
From the ways it's lookin u don't kno Wut blackball means .....
 5 years ago '10        #5
trill jackson 738 heat pts738
space
space
$18,853 | Props total: 13304 13304
blackballed is what 50 did to buck it aint rocket science
 5 years ago '13        #6
Thetinman 24 heat pts24
space
space
$2,758 | Props total: 49 49
Cuban Link after he called out Fat Joe for doing puns family dirty
Tony Sunshine Had something to do with Joe I don't remember exactly what happened
Loon I forgot the story behind it
Budden was for a little bit after the def jam/ jay-z situation
J Hood No NY DJ would spin him or support him after he flipped on the lox
Crooked I for a little bit i don't remember why I just remember him speaking on it
 5 years ago '09        #7
YungPrinceNY 474 heat pts474
space
space
space
$6,244 | Props total: 621 621
BET Blacklisted the following artists from their Station

A memo from the BET video department lists artists that are not to be given air time.

The following artists are banned from airplay (meaning all their NEW videos are not to be aired on the station). Kool G. Rap, Craig G, MC Lyte, Buckshot, Kool Keith, A Tribe Called Quest, Jeru The Damaja, The Artifacts, AZ, Bad Seed, Bahamadia, Da Brat, Goodie Mob, Bone Thugs N Harmony, Black Moon, Methodman, E-40, Canibus, Afu Ra, Cappadonn, Channel Live, Cocoa Brovaz, Red Foxxx, GZA, El-P D.O.C, Diamond D, Dead Prez, De La Soul, MF Doom, Camp Lo, Geto Boys, Brand Nubian, Boot Camp Clik, KRS One, Black Sheep, Raekwon, 4th Avenue Jones, Heather B, Jayo Felony, k!llah Priest, Lil Cease, McGruff, Mic Geronimo, Monie Love, Mos Def, Ice Cube, Hieroglyphics, Inspectah Deck, Jean Grae, Nate Dogg, O.C, Onyx, and many more!

Reason....Their music is not "relevant" to the BET audience.
 5 years ago '05        #8
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,239 | Props total: 9646 9646
Lupe Fiasco is blackballed now?

How dumb are n*ggas on here?
 4 years ago '10        #9
TheGift 1 heat pts
space
space
$9,846 | Props total: 8187 8187
 YungPrinceNY said:

A memo from the BET video department lists artists that are not to be given air time.

The following artists are banned from airplay (meaning all their NEW videos are not to be aired on the station). Kool G. Rap, Craig G, MC Lyte, Buckshot, Kool Keith, A Tribe Called Quest, Jeru The Damaja, The Artifacts, AZ, Bad Seed, Bahamadia, Da Brat, Goodie Mob, Bone Thugs N Harmony, Black Moon, Methodman, E-40, Canibus, Afu Ra, Cappadonn, Channel Live, Cocoa Brovaz, Red Foxxx, GZA, El-P D.O.C, Diamond D, Dead Prez, De La Soul, MF Doom, Camp Lo, Geto Boys, Brand Nubian, Boot Camp Clik, KRS One, Black Sheep, Raekwon, 4th Avenue Jones, Heather B, Jayo Felony, k!llah Priest, Lil Cease, McGruff, Mic Geronimo, Monie Love, Mos Def, Ice Cube, Hieroglyphics, Inspectah Deck, Jean Grae, Nate Dogg, O.C, Onyx, and many more!

Is this sh*t real?
 4 years ago '13        #10
SWAYYZE 20 heat pts20
space
space
$15,854 | Props total: 10028 10028
 YungPrinceNY said:

90% of that list are all 5%er's that talk about the BLACK MAN is GAWD to some extent.
 4 years ago '13        #11
Thetinman 24 heat pts24
space
space
$2,758 | Props total: 49 49
 WCIB said:

09-07-2013, 10:04 PM         #12
SOD RG  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Click this thread and to my surprise I made this sh*t.

Thanks for reviving my old thread
 4 years ago '05        #13
DanBootleg 210 heat pts210
space
space
$18,772 | Props total: 8933 8933
 YungPrinceNY said:

I bet if Drake worked with any of them those c*cksuckers would put that video on there.
 4 years ago '11        #14
royman04 18 heat pts18
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 4580 4580
 WCIB said:

Yeah op lost all cred when he posted this.
 4 years ago '04        #15
bibbyboi 25 heat pts25
space
space
$11,220 | Props total: 2219 2219
Canibus was definitely blackballed by LL back in the day. Budden too for a little while.
 4 years ago '09        #16
YungPrinceNY 474 heat pts474
space
space
space
$6,244 | Props total: 621 621

[pic - click to view]

09-07-2013, 10:41 PM         #17
Rhyme n Tekniq  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 YungPrinceNY said:

so pretty much the pantheon of the hip hop genre

fu*kin SMH
 4 years ago '06        #18
Icee 33 heat pts33
space
space
$11,720 | Props total: 5713 5713
Soulja Boy
 4 years ago '13        #19
WizLatifa 44 heat pts44
space
space
$2,902 | Props total: 626 626
french montana
 4 years ago '07        #20
True Sinister 116 heat pts116
space
space
$22,077 | Props total: 4690 4690
Blackballing is not a unanimous universal thing or something that can be proven..it's more like certain media outlets or artists or publications or other people ignoring someone because of a situation. This is what I truly believe
Bis (not because of LL but for the type of things he said about the industry in general)
Cassidy (also for things he said and likely because of Swizz)
Nature and Cormega (guess why)
French and Max at the height of the Jim Jones beef (notice that after Jim said 50 was beating Ross that Ross started a.ssociating with French, Max, Bang em and Ross started working with Jay more?)
50 cent before Em and possibly again right now
Royce during D12/Shady feud
Slim da mobsta at interscope
death Row and any of their a.ssociates during Snoop Dogg beef
Jayo Felony
Ice cube after dissing the radio stations
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
75 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
15 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy