Dame Dash Interview Dropping Gems, Speaks on Jay-z, Being "Broke",Tension With Just Blaze(Audio)

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
45 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
59 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
53 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #61
Kool Aid 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,956 | Props total: 1987 1987
 KellStraDamuS said:
what's the name of the Beans song at 44:35?
its a Bleek song

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #62
DIPSET101 28 heat pts28
space
space
$9,856 | Props total: 8816 8816
 KnicksLost said:
they would of been bigger than deathrow

hov let the suits get in his ear and tell him who he should be friends with

Ye just went off the deep end...truth be told dame,cons, talib and mos(later on his career)

were his voice of reason

State prop fell apart at the seems and nobody been the same since dame left

even bleek ate when dame was in charge
Bleek still eating. As long as jay alive he's a millionaire.
 04-11-2013, 07:50 AM         #63
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ALLEEK said:
He said something about wanting distribution.....owning distribution....people just dont get how big of a deal that would be for a black businessman in entertainment

All these rich n*ggas report to the big labels begging for distribution....nobody own they sh*t

someones got their head screwed on. This is the reason Sam Cooke and Otis Redding were k!lled.... Add Michael Jackson to that list... Imagine MJ owned Eminems and the Beattles publishing, since he died aint no one heard about that ish

marcchrome said:
Yeah right....... then tell me why is it now that Jay is at the top of the food chain in music. and the rest of those cats and Dame are a.ssed out????????????? when you do busines with people and constantly talk to them like sh*t, eventually no one is going to fu*k with you. i do not give a fu*k what any one says. it's the truth.

Dame made history.... but he became his own worst enemy. straight up.
Jay at the top because he choose to sell out his culture and be the white mans bi*ch

Dame would of been k!lled regardless coz NO BLACK MAN CAN BE IN POWER UNLESS YOU PLAY BY THE WHITE MANS RULES.

#Truth
 5 years ago '05        #64
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,180 | Props total: 11743 11743
 Fresco said:
This sh*t doesn't play for me. Is this on YouTube anywhere?
Combat Jack has a YouTube channel. I'm not sure if this has been uploaded yet.

I know its on iTunes on their podcast channel.
 5 years ago '10        #65
Rebirth46 59 heat pts59
space
space
$3,997 | Props total: 982 982
Just and Dame Gon Learn Today

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #66
FyreBlazer 
space
space
$2,130 | Props total: 29 29
 marcchrome said:
Yeah right....... then tell me why is it now that Jay is at the top of the food chain in music. and the rest of those cats and Dame are a.ssed out????????????? when you do busines with people and constantly talk to them like sh*t, eventually no one is going to fu*k with you. i do not give a fu*k what any one says. it's the truth.

Dame made history.... but he became his own worst enemy. straight up.
Jay's where he is because of the position he was in when him, Dame & Biggs sold the company and what those 3 accomplished. "Retiring", becoming Def Jam president, signing Nas, pushing Kanye (a Dame product), Rihanna (another Dame product), etc, then coming back made his legend bigger to where now he seems to not be able to do wrong.

People forget that Jay had 2 imprints on his own while doing Roc-A-Fella and both failed.

Dame ended up being black-balled because Def Jam went the safe route and made Jay president. DD172 did have some successes though.

Dame SONNED Just so many times in this interview.

Last edited by FyreBlazer; 04-11-2013 at 09:58 AM..
 04-11-2013, 10:14 AM         #67
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
explain rihanna being a dame product

and jays 2 imprints that failed

this is interesting
 5 years ago '04        #68
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,349 | Props total: 8450 8450
Like I said before. In the business world investors don't care how its was created. They only care about profiting off it and the consumer only cares about the finished product.
Michael Jordan gets all the praise on the success of the Chicago Bulls while the management get lill credit for building an organization around Jordan to succeed and the same goes for Dame Dash. When nobody wanted the Roc Dame forced his own lane in succeeding in the industry and Jay was his franchise and Dame & Biggs put a hell of a roster around him turning that label into a Brand.
 5 years ago '06        #69
LYTE 125 heat pts125
space
space
space
$14,125 | Props total: 4710 4710
 DrX said:
great interview...i got the same mind set ...i hate having a boss...i wanna be my own man and own my sh*t

much respect too dame
I feel him. & real talk I totally understand Dame about thinking 10 years ahead. I do that myself but on a very minuscule level. While walking or driving, I always pay attention to the cars or people that are ahead of me. how they are walking/driving. is it erratic? is it laid back? etc etc to avoid being blocked in. Im pretty sure most people hate having a boss but the 9 to 5 is starting to bother me mentally. Having to go to lunch on some1 else schedule sometimes.

HipHopFactz said:
I fux with Dame, damn shame Jayz didn't share his musical vision to takeover the game

You had the game on lock, you were a owner, now YMCMB running the game.

Jay invested way to many feelings into dumb things, petty sh*t.

Had dude carried on Roc could have branched into to so many directions without needing Def Jam, easily had the potential of being the most powerful and successful label period, but like deathrow, they took their eyes off the prize.
I always say they will be sick if they dont patch this sh*t up before anyone of them pass away. it's going to eat the other. If it was anything besides RESPECT, they should fix it. If Dame disrespected Ms. Carter or Jay beat the sh*t out of Dame's child then understandable. BUT money!? smh

nobody would fold cause we will be each other crutches(Feelin It)lyrics off but you know

HipHopFactz said:
Yea the suits smelt a lil tension and started chopping the tree down

Rocawear which was pretty much run by Dame and his ex wife was worth close to a 100 million, if they had say kept Rocafella going that clothing line alone could have been worth 500mill which is Jays entire estimated networth now, they could have branched out in to more directions. The clothing line was a goldmine and the potential was short lived

They had a machine it had so much ppntentail and they gave up on it way to soon, Def Jam knew sooner or later Rocafella wud not need them, so it was in their interest for them to spilt and get whatever was left from it.
 mR ReZiW said:

someones got their head screwed on. This is the reason Sam Cooke and Otis Redding were k!lled.... Add Michael Jackson to that list... Imagine MJ owned Eminems and the Beattles publishing, since he died aint no one heard about that ish

Jay at the top because he choose to sell out his culture and be the white mans bi*ch

Dame would of been k!lled regardless coz NO BLACK MAN CAN BE IN POWER UNLESS YOU PLAY BY THE WHITE MANS RULES.

#Truth
 THEINFAMOUS said:
Combat Jack has a YouTube channel. I'm not sure if this has been uploaded yet.

I know its on iTunes on their podcast channel.
he doesnt upload that much im subscribed to him

FyreBlazer said:
Jay's where he is because of the position he was in when him, Dame & Biggs sold the company and what those 3 accomplished. "Retiring", becoming Def Jam president, signing Nas, pushing Kanye (a Dame product), Rihanna (another Dame product), etc, then coming back made his legend bigger to where now he seems to not be able to do wrong.

People forget that Jay had 2 imprints on his own while doing Roc-A-Fella and both failed.

Dame ended up being black-balled because Def Jam went the safe route and made Jay president. DD172 did have some successes though.

Dame SONNED Just so many times in this interview.
yup Rok-a-blok & was it Carter Faculties???

someone spoke on Dame trying to get a distribution company. I wasnt able to hear whole interview but I will eventually.

anyway, I notice & im pretty sure white CEOs noticed that us black men will let egos stop us from getting money together. in addition to our loyalty to being labeled "hood" or "gangster"

J.Prince/Suge/Irv was trying to go that route also. All 3 of them had/have ties to figures that a CEO shouldnt prolly need to have ties to if you want to go that route.

nothing in music is black owned. BTW, i believe Jay was always for self.
 5 years ago '04        #70
FyreBlazer 
space
space
$2,130 | Props total: 29 29
 mR ReZiW said:
explain rihanna being a dame product

and jays 2 imprints that failed

this is interesting
Carter Faculty and I can't remember the other one. Diamonds In Da Ruff was signed to one of those two. I'd have to pull out some old CD sleeves.

From what I remember, Dame discovered & signed Rihanna and put her on Bleek's 534 album. I'm going off of memory so correct me if I'm wrong.
 04-11-2013, 11:14 AM         #71
Walkerboy86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Javon23 said:
"The more you do for a dude they eventually resent you because they want what you got" - Dame Dash
Real sh*t.
 5 years ago '11        #72
Teknishen04 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,364 | Props total: 236 236
J.Blaze: "It was one time!"

Dame: "Yeah, one time too many..."

5 years ago '04        #73
lordwillin336 
space
space
$610 | Props total: 0 0
 5 years ago '07        #74
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
space
$11,914 | Props total: 573 573
Dame is the most prolific character in east coast rap history
 5 years ago '04        #75
NAKHI ALLAH 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,216 | Props total: 1083 1083
I cant front..Dame that dude....all Dame wanted was his people to excell.
If the the n*gga was taking advance checks, then as a artist they should have been on their b.i.
I mean im sure there was fault on both sides but the roc was and will always be the greatest that ever did it...not ymcmb, not death row, not no limit...the roc....that sh*t really was a movement...they really could have taken over the rap world
 04-11-2013, 02:20 PM         #76
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I found it interesting when Dame touched on the subject of promoting negative music that added to the destruction of the black community

these guys are fully aware of what they're doing, Dame even said he felt guilty

It's funny thought, coz the more you add to that destruction the bigger your check gonna get from the white man
 5 years ago '07        #77
Cartel-Clipz 28 heat pts28
space
space
$29,354 | Props total: 21345 21345
 GameTheory said:
"kanye did the beat in a day. just would take 2 weeks."

/ Thread.
 5 years ago '06        #78
LYTE 125 heat pts125
space
space
space
$14,125 | Props total: 4710 4710
 HELLZWINTA202 said:
GREAT interview.......That n*gga Dame my idol......always knew it was crazy that people were talkin that broke sh*t......super business men like Dame Dash dont go "BROKE" just because they got out of one particular industry.......that dude ALWAYS gonna be where the money at, rather you hear about it or not....
Exactly. some people just have that natural hustler mentality in them. Go getters. Dame/Master P. Stop believing these medias

yup Rok-a-blok & was it Carter Faculties???

FyreBlazer said:
Carter Faculty and I can't remember the other one. Diamonds In Da Ruff was signed to one of those two. I'd have to pull out some old CD sleeves.

From what I remember, Dame discovered & signed Rihanna and put her on Bleek's 534 album. I'm going off of memory so correct me if I'm wrong.
also correct. this was mentioned on Combat Jack show when he interviewed Bleek. Also Bleek/Sean Price are cousins

edit: it isnt Rok-A-Blok

Last edited by LYTE; 04-11-2013 at 04:39 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #79
PowerBar Ernie 108 heat pts108
space
space
$5,899 | Props total: 1233 1233
Dope interview
 5 years ago '04        #80
gimmethat 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,479 | Props total: 2711 2711
Dame sonned just and showed why people rolled on him ...Dame is a funny guy but he lied though

right after they took rocafella from him he tried to come back with DDMG ,in this interview he said that he left rocafella cuz he didnt want to deal with music anymore
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now