Apr 10 - Student found dead hours after he was trapped upside down in high school wrestling mat

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
160 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
94 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
54 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #101
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,864 | Props total: 13659 13659
That happened bout 45 mins away in Valdosta,Ga. sh*t was real tense down there when they first found him like that. The investigators treated this as a homocide @ 1st......

VALDOSTA, GA (WALB) -
Lowndes County investigators are now treating the death of a Lowndes High School student, whose body was found on campus this morning, as a homicide.

Sheriff Chris Prine says the student's body was found inside the school's old gymnasium.

After the discovery, the school was put on lock down.

Classes resumed shortly before 1 p.m. Students tell us it was an emotional day as they learned the news.

"I was walking down the hallway to my fourth block and everybody was crying, I mean I couldn't walk two feet without seeing somebody crying," said 11th grader, Jacob Parker-Main.

Investigators are still on that scene at Lowndes High. They're not releasing victim's name until further investigation is complete.

We'll continue to follow developments.

Valdosta a cool lil town but full of red necks and sh*t so....

MemphBleek05 said:
There has to be more to the story........
if it is we might never know, thats a close knit town

SOCIALITE said:
So what's good with his face if he just fell and got stuck in a mat?

He looks a bit ... gay. Probably a hate crime.

ManWithoutFear! said:
I'm talking about the "responses" in here you dunt-da-dunt.

a what?

GetuOne said:
I know exactly how this happened. I used to wrestle. Basically if you roll up a wrestling mat and sit it up vertically against a wall or something, the whole facing the ceiling. I guess he somehow went head first down the mat and was basically stuck, in a handstand position rolled up in the mat. Basically like a coffin. That almost happened to me a couple times. That kid must have been scared after the first few hours. And if he was like that for a few days, the blood and everything rushes to his head, that's why he looks all deformed. This is my guess.

I don't know where racism comes into play. I mean even if some white guys crammed him in there, i'm sure they expected him to get out but he didn't. Is someone trying to turn this into a race thread? Or is the kids mom trying to call out racism or something? Because this is simpley not the case, the kid fell in the damn mat trying to get his shoe that i'm sure a kid through in there. That's F*cked up that the psycho mom is parading her dead kids face around in public for because shes got some dumbass insecure thoughts that it was a hate crime. F*cked up.

A LOT or prejudiced ppl in that area, Ga aint changed too much esp in southern GA
 5 years ago '04        #102
Tic Toc 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,163 | Props total: 872 872
 GetuOne said:
I know exactly how this happened. I used to wrestle. Basically if you roll up a wrestling mat and sit it up vertically against a wall or something, the whole facing the ceiling. I guess he somehow went head first down the mat and was basically stuck, in a handstand position rolled up in the mat. Basically like a coffin. That almost happened to me a couple times. That kid must have been scared after the first few hours. And if he was like that for a few days, the blood and everything rushes to his head, that's why he looks all deformed. This is my guess.

I don't know where racism comes into play. I mean even if some white guys crammed him in there, i'm sure they expected him to get out but he didn't. Is someone trying to turn this into a race thread? Or is the kids mom trying to call out racism or something? Because this is simpley not the case, the kid fell in the damn mat trying to get his shoe that i'm sure a kid through in there. That's F*cked up that the psycho mom is parading her dead kids face around in public for because shes got some dumbass insecure thoughts that it was a hate crime. F*cked up.
I'm not saying its a hate crime, but if you were to fall, 99% of people's first instinct is to brace themselves, so why would he fall in head first and be soo deep...to me it looks very fishy, and if dude is serious about the tight knit community we may never know what really happened...

just really sad that this happened...R.I.P.
 5 years ago '05        #103
DaViLLe726 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,313 | Props total: 270 270
 regulate said:
This.

Also just look at the picture. There's no way his face is gonna turn into that on its own. Clearly there is foul play involved. And the fact the autopsy said there was no sign of struggles suggest to me that the sherriff and mortician are involved in a cover up.

I hope the family has a decent enough lawyer to get the feds involved.
You mean Medical Examiner...dipsh*t
 5 years ago '06        #104
sunsetnVine 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$8,752 | Props total: 3689 3689
From the IREPORT comments...

I'm a student at Lowndes High and though I'm only 17, I do believe my self to be somewhat understanding and knowledgeable enough to have a good theory or opinion on what happened. I also like to debate and had plenty of chances since Friday to do so. - I was there Friday when the story first broke out. It was during second block, after 1030 or so, nearing 11 am when I hear students whispering about something. Generally I would have ignored them and continued on my work, but words such as "body" and "in the gym" caught my attention. By this time someone stated they read a tweet about there had been a body found in the gym, phones were instantly pulled out and the teachers walkie talkie was being listened to. At first everyone ought it was a rumor, considering it was on Twitter, but as we all headed to our 3rd block classes, everyone had known about it, stories already rapidly evolving. In my 3rd block, there was a student had actually been in the classroom and with the people who had found Kendrick, the name was released as rapidly as the stories. None of the teachers had heard about it within the 45 minutes of the first tweet, so this was news to my teacher. The student who witnessed then began to explain how some friends were climbing on the mats, not an unusual things considering it was a bulk of cheer leading and wrestling mats all stood up in one corner, with a small metal bleacher next to it to give you a boost up. He said they had noticed some sock feet, and told a teacher immediately. The entire class was wrapped up in the news, shaken and panicked when our lunch bell rang. As we walked to he cafeteria, that was when it hit us, this was actually happening. There were teacher lined along the caution tape that was wrapped around the vicinity of the front entrance to the gym, blocking all but one pathway, being the road that looped directly in front of the cafeteria. Everywhere you looked people were crying, pain stricken, sick even. Hardly anybody ate. Students' parents began showing up, checking out student after student. Once we returned to class, it was still eerily quiet, the teacher mentioned that she had received an email from the administrators stating, "There has been a body found on campus. Don't tell the students." - The students were the ones who told the teachers - It was clearly too late by then, everyone saw the caution tape, ambulance, and police. As the end of class neared, it was announced over the intercom that we were to stay put until further notice. That was when the long list of students names to be checked out was called off, I was one of those students. - My Dad said teenagers were already emotional and whatnot as it is, they don't need to be around that. - Rumors spiraled out of control over the weekend, such as the gang related shooting for vengeance on Kendrick's death, most students were afraid to go to school. I still went because I couldn't skip school over a rumor, plus I wasn't too worried about there being a shooting. - The day went on as abnormal as ever, and when 5 o'clock rolled around and the autopsy results were released, people weren't too happy. I can't be quoted on this, but majority of the school think he was murdered, but the cops' was that he was skipping his 4th block class and decided to go into the old gym, alone. Now tell me, why would you want to skip class in plain sight, where if someone was to walk in, he would be seen immediately? I don't think so. And also, if the people who rolled the mats like they were supposed to and didn't get lazy, they would be pretty tight. Also I don't see how anyone, if they were to drop something, would want to go face first into a tunnel or tube shaped object. If I had to, I'd go feet first and use my toes to pick up the object, or just move the mats one by one until I got what I needed, if he was skipping, he obviously had the time, and if he was a football player, he wouldn't be that lazy right? My teacher also said that the cameras in the old gym were in fact repaired and even if they were grainy, you would still be able to figure out if someone went into the gym or not. And if this whole thing did go down after the basketball game, how come the gym wasn't locked? And why wasn't the family allowed to ID the body, isn't that supposed to be done at all crime scenes, so who did it at this one? If he was nekkid, that probably means he didn't have his wallet or any identification, so did they just take someone's, being a student, word for it? This just makes me have more questions! In my theory, I think they're afraid to release the real information because of the panic it will cause on top of all of this speculation, plus Lowndes has a "reputation" to maintain and the don't want to look bad. That's just my opinion.

And then theres this...

Lowndes coroner admits he wasn't initially notified of Kendrick Johnson's death (Photos)
On Thursday, April 11, new details have become publicly known and confirmed in regard to what happened when Kendrick Johnson's body was found in the Old Gymnasium at Lowndes County High School -- allegedly trapped inside wrestling mats.

For the first time in three months, the Lowndes County Coroner Bill Watson spoke out about what happened on January 11 in which transparency and protocol took a backseat as he explained to the Valdosta Daily Times that he wasn't notified by the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department initially.

So how long did it take for the Lowndes Sheriff's Department to notify Watson -- two hours, four hours, six hours? Was the body moved? Was evidence taken prior to Watson's eventual arrival?

“This was not fair to the decedent, his family, and the citizens of Valdosta and Lowndes County, Ga. And it’s wrong as rain,” Watson said in January when he spoke to The Times.

Was the District Attorney of the Southern Judicial District, J. David Miller, aware of the actions of the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department on January 11?

The Valdosta Daily Times may have talked to Watson 'off the record' in January, but why didn't this newspaper publicly report or print that the Lowndes Sheriff's Department -- led by Sheriff Chris Prine-- didn't contact the county coroner?

In essence, sweep this detail under the rug, and there may be more things as well.

Ninety long days have passed since Kendrick Johnson was found, then the newspaper finally divulge this very significant detail to this investigation to the public.

Coincidence or not, this is the first time that Bill Watson's name has appeared in a story by the Valdosta Daily Times or any South Georgia media since Kendrick Johnson's body was found.

Why is it significant?

Because it appears the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department broke laws --if Watson's account is true-- the question that may have to be asked how many laws were broken on January 11 and will their be accountability by the justice system?

It begs the question, how many times previously has The Lowndes County Sheriff's Department --led by Chris Prine-- chose to ignore calling the county coroner in the event of a death at a crime scene?

Watson provides further insight about his relationship with the Lowndes County Sheriffs' Office to the Valdosta Times' April 11 story.

“You may not want me on your crime scene, but it’s a law. It’s not something you can change your mind about.”

And here is one of those laws:

§ 45-16-24 - Notification of suspicious or unusual deaths; court ordered medical examiner's inquiry; written report of inquiry

There are nine circumstances in which the coroner should be notified by local law enforcement.

The following are two of them:
a) When any person dies in any county in this state:
(1) As a result of violence;
(2) By suicide or casualty;

...."It shall be the duty of any law enforcement officer or other person having knowledge of such death to notify immediately the coroner or county medical examiner of the county in which the acts or events resulting in the death occurred or the body is found. For the purposes of this Code section, no person shall be deemed to have died unattended when the death occurred while the person was a patient of a hospice licensed under Article 9 of Chapter 7 of Title 31...."

April 11 also marks the thirteenth week in which the GBI has yet to release the final autopsy report.

On January 11, Johnson's death was ruled an accident by the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department and media outlets reported it that way.

Since the begining of this case, the Lowndes County's Sheriff's Office has had a larger role in this case than the county coroner.

From dispatching theories about how Johnson died to the Lowndes Sheriff's Office submitting samples.

The Office of the Sheriff and the Office of the Coroner are two separate positions, but why is the Lowndes Sheriff's Department handling evidence to be given to the GBI?

On WALB-TV in Albany, they reported on April 9 that The (Lowndes) Sheriff's Department has submitted more samples from the crime scene to be DNA tested.

In the April 11 edition of the Valdosta Times, the center of the controversy, Sheriff Chris Prine who had previously worked for three decades from 1973 through 2002 as a Georgia State Patrol officer before becoming Lowndes Sheriff in 2009, said the following:

“We just sent the GBI a second blood sample to look at it again and make sure everything is like they say it is,” said Prine. “We’re just cooperating with them and getting them anything they need. Of course, we always work deaths similar to this one as a homicide investigation until it’s been proven accidental — and that’s how we’ve treated this investigation.”

Protocol and transparency has been lacking and apparently, the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department is now taking the role as the coroner, even though Georgia law says differently.

Lowndes County Coroner Bill Watson has been in contact with the GBI regarding Kendrick’s autopsy, he said. But the Coroner hasn’t enjoyed the same level of cooperation from the sheriff’s office as the GBI, said Watson, who also stated he wasn’t contacted when Kendrick’s body was first discovered.

The family of Kendrick Johnson wants a coroner's inquest and a petition has been floating around Lowndes County in an an effort to gather support.

On Tuesday, April 9, there was a march--led by the family of Kendrick Johnson-- in the city of Valdosta outside the Lowndes County Judicial Complex.

Johnson's mother, Jackie Johnson said the following to the Valdosta Daily Times...........

Last edited by sunsetnVine; 04-11-2013 at 05:37 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #105
sunsetnVine 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$8,752 | Props total: 3689 3689
they saying he was nekkid too.... the rumor mill that is..
 5 years ago '09        #106
aju8483 21 heat pts21
space
space
$188 | Props total: 1 1
 lilsnatch770 said:
Unless he really did just fall into the mat and then you are reaching and trying to stir up sh*t for no reason.

Just like the family that posted a picture of Emmitt Till when there is little to no connection between the two.
 5 years ago '10        #107
space
space
 sunsetnVine said:
From the IREPORT comments...

I'm a student at Lowndes High and though I'm only 17, I do believe my self to be somewhat understanding and knowledgeable enough to have a good theory or opinion on what happened. I also like to debate and had plenty of chances since Friday to do so. - I was there Friday when the story first broke out. It was during second block, after 1030 or so, nearing 11 am when I hear students whispering about something. Generally I would have ignored them and continued on my work, but words such as "body" and "in the gym" caught my attention. By this time someone stated they read a tweet about there had been a body found in the gym, phones were instantly pulled out and the teachers walkie talkie was being listened to. At first everyone ought it was a rumor, considering it was on Twitter, but as we all headed to our 3rd block classes, everyone had known about it, stories already rapidly evolving. In my 3rd block, there was a student had actually been in the classroom and with the people who had found Kendrick, the name was released as rapidly as the stories. None of the teachers had heard about it within the 45 minutes of the first tweet, so this was news to my teacher. The student who witnessed then began to explain how some friends were climbing on the mats, not an unusual things considering it was a bulk of cheer leading and wrestling mats all stood up in one corner, with a small metal bleacher next to it to give you a boost up. He said they had noticed some sock feet, and told a teacher immediately. The entire class was wrapped up in the news, shaken and panicked when our lunch bell rang. As we walked to he cafeteria, that was when it hit us, this was actually happening. There were teacher lined along the caution tape that was wrapped around the vicinity of the front entrance to the gym, blocking all but one pathway, being the road that looped directly in front of the cafeteria. Everywhere you looked people were crying, pain stricken, sick even. Hardly anybody ate. Students' parents began showing up, checking out student after student. Once we returned to class, it was still eerily quiet, the teacher mentioned that she had received an email from the administrators stating, "There has been a body found on campus. Don't tell the students." - The students were the ones who told the teachers - It was clearly too late by then, everyone saw the caution tape, ambulance, and police. As the end of class neared, it was announced over the intercom that we were to stay put until further notice. That was when the long list of students names to be checked out was called off, I was one of those students. - My Dad said teenagers were already emotional and whatnot as it is, they don't need to be around that. - Rumors spiraled out of control over the weekend, such as the gang related shooting for vengeance on Kendrick's death, most students were afraid to go to school. I still went because I couldn't skip school over a rumor, plus I wasn't too worried about there being a shooting. - The day went on as abnormal as ever, and when 5 o'clock rolled around and the autopsy results were released, people weren't too happy. I can't be quoted on this, but majority of the school think he was murdered, but the cops' was that he was skipping his 4th block class and decided to go into the old gym, alone. Now tell me, why would you want to skip class in plain sight, where if someone was to walk in, he would be seen immediately? I don't think so. And also, if the people who rolled the mats like they were supposed to and didn't get lazy, they would be pretty tight. Also I don't see how anyone, if they were to drop something, would want to go face first into a tunnel or tube shaped object. If I had to, I'd go feet first and use my toes to pick up the object, or just move the mats one by one until I got what I needed, if he was skipping, he obviously had the time, and if he was a football player, he wouldn't be that lazy right? My teacher also said that the cameras in the old gym were in fact repaired and even if they were grainy, you would still be able to figure out if someone went into the gym or not. And if this whole thing did go down after the basketball game, how come the gym wasn't locked? And why wasn't the family allowed to ID the body, isn't that supposed to be done at all crime scenes, so who did it at this one? If he was nekkid, that probably means he didn't have his wallet or any identification, so did they just take someone's, being a student, word for it? This just makes me have more questions! In my theory, I think they're afraid to release the real information because of the panic it will cause on top of all of this speculation, plus Lowndes has a "reputation" to maintain and the don't want to look bad. That's just my opinion.

And then theres this...

Lowndes coroner admits he wasn't initially notified of Kendrick Johnson's death (Photos)
On Thursday, April 11, new details have become publicly known and confirmed in regard to what happened when Kendrick Johnson's body was found in the Old Gymnasium at Lowndes County High School -- allegedly trapped inside wrestling mats.

For the first time in three months, the Lowndes County Coroner Bill Watson spoke out about what happened on January 11 in which transparency and protocol took a backseat as he explained to the Valdosta Daily Times that he wasn't notified by the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department initially.

So how long did it take for the Lowndes Sheriff's Department to notify Watson -- two hours, four hours, six hours? Was the body moved? Was evidence taken prior to Watson's eventual arrival?

“This was not fair to the decedent, his family, and the citizens of Valdosta and Lowndes County, Ga. And it’s wrong as rain,” Watson said in January when he spoke to The Times.

Was the District Attorney of the Southern Judicial District, J. David Miller, aware of the actions of the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department on January 11?

The Valdosta Daily Times may have talked to Watson 'off the record' in January, but why didn't this newspaper publicly report or print that the Lowndes Sheriff's Department -- led by Sheriff Chris Prine-- didn't contact the county coroner?

In essence, sweep this detail under the rug, and there may be more things as well.

Ninety long days have passed since Kendrick Johnson was found, then the newspaper finally divulge this very significant detail to this investigation to the public.

Coincidence or not, this is the first time that Bill Watson's name has appeared in a story by the Valdosta Daily Times or any South Georgia media since Kendrick Johnson's body was found.

Why is it significant?

Because it appears the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department broke laws --if Watson's account is true-- the question that may have to be asked how many laws were broken on January 11 and will their be accountability by the justice system?

It begs the question, how many times previously has The Lowndes County Sheriff's Department --led by Chris Prine-- chose to ignore calling the county coroner in the event of a death at a crime scene?

Watson provides further insight about his relationship with the Lowndes County Sheriffs' Office to the Valdosta Times' April 11 story.

“You may not want me on your crime scene, but it’s a law. It’s not something you can change your mind about.”

And here is one of those laws:

§ 45-16-24 - Notification of suspicious or unusual deaths; court ordered medical examiner's inquiry; written report of inquiry

There are nine circumstances in which the coroner should be notified by local law enforcement.

The following are two of them:
a) When any person dies in any county in this state:
(1) As a result of violence;
(2) By suicide or casualty;

...."It shall be the duty of any law enforcement officer or other person having knowledge of such death to notify immediately the coroner or county medical examiner of the county in which the acts or events resulting in the death occurred or the body is found. For the purposes of this Code section, no person shall be deemed to have died unattended when the death occurred while the person was a patient of a hospice licensed under Article 9 of Chapter 7 of Title 31...."

April 11 also marks the thirteenth week in which the GBI has yet to release the final autopsy report.

On January 11, Johnson's death was ruled an accident by the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department and media outlets reported it that way.

Since the begining of this case, the Lowndes County's Sheriff's Office has had a larger role in this case than the county coroner.

From dispatching theories about how Johnson died to the Lowndes Sheriff's Office submitting samples.

The Office of the Sheriff and the Office of the Coroner are two separate positions, but why is the Lowndes Sheriff's Department handling evidence to be given to the GBI?

On WALB-TV in Albany, they reported on April 9 that The (Lowndes) Sheriff's Department has submitted more samples from the crime scene to be DNA tested.

In the April 11 edition of the Valdosta Times, the center of the controversy, Sheriff Chris Prine who had previously worked for three decades from 1973 through 2002 as a Georgia State Patrol officer before becoming Lowndes Sheriff in 2009, said the following:

“We just sent the GBI a second blood sample to look at it again and make sure everything is like they say it is,” said Prine. “We’re just cooperating with them and getting them anything they need. Of course, we always work deaths similar to this one as a homicide investigation until it’s been proven accidental — and that’s how we’ve treated this investigation.”

Protocol and transparency has been lacking and apparently, the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department is now taking the role as the coroner, even though Georgia law says differently.

Lowndes County Coroner Bill Watson has been in contact with the GBI regarding Kendrick’s autopsy, he said. But the Coroner hasn’t enjoyed the same level of cooperation from the sheriff’s office as the GBI, said Watson, who also stated he wasn’t contacted when Kendrick’s body was first discovered.

The family of Kendrick Johnson wants a coroner's inquest and a petition has been floating around Lowndes County in an an effort to gather support.

On Tuesday, April 9, there was a march--led by the family of Kendrick Johnson-- in the city of Valdosta outside the Lowndes County Judicial Complex.

Johnson's mother, Jackie Johnson said the following to the Valdosta Daily Times...........

wow! yeah something foul happened? the investigators first reported this as a murder. I hope the truth comes out soon.
 5 years ago '04        #108
dblock187s 27 heat pts27
space
space
$10,822 | Props total: 2284 2284
yo this is crazy
 5 years ago '10        #109
space
space
the latest

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #110
Goosie McNeen 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,745 | Props total: 732 732
No signs of struggle? So, he didnt struggle to get out?

And theyre stored vertically to save space, but they didnt roll it tight enough to save space?

Right.
 5 years ago '07        #111
RubbahBandMayn 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,953 | Props total: 5866 5866
This sounds too foul...I pray his family finds out what happened.
 5 years ago '07        #112
Avon_Barksdale 4341 heat pts4341
space
space
$42,442 | Props total: 55891 55891
 Trilluminati GA said:
the latest

[pic - click to view]

Keep the updates coming on this
 5 years ago '10        #113
space
space
 Avon_Barksdale said:
Keep the updates coming on this

no doubt fam, ppl here really trying to get the truth to come out
 5 years ago '07        #114
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,582 | Props total: 1048 1048
man who is this shamone dude? you seriously need to shut the fu*k up!

this kid was obviously beaten and thrown in the mats and left to die.

i smell a cover up
 5 years ago '06        #115
DatVABoy 
space
space
$1,135 | Props total: 45 45
Crazy a.ss story man I really hope the whole truth comes out
 5 years ago '11        #116
Suppafresh 26 heat pts26
space
space
$6,090 | Props total: 265 265
MAn this can't be life
 5 years ago '10        #117
space
space
CNN will be in Valdosta tomorrow to put some pressure on the school and the law for the truth and they met with MLK III

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #118
space
space

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

VALDOSTA, GA (WALB) -
The family of a Lowndes High School student who died at school tonight is demanding a federal investigation.

Today, investigators officially ruled 17-year old Kendrick Johnson's death an accident.

That announcement came just an hour before friends, family and civil rights activists marched outside Lowndes High School demanding justice.

The family believes Johnson was murdered. His body was found inside a rolled-up cheerleading mat in the old Lowndes High School gym January 11th. Investigators believe he was in the gym alone, reached into the mat to get something he dropped, and got stuck. Today's final autopsy report ruled the death an accident as a result of positional asphyxia.

"I'm frustrated that my nephew was supposedly found in a mat, when that doesn't make sense," said Johnson's Aunt, Stacy Roe.

Civil Rights activists with Reverend Al Sharpton's National Action Network and The United Justice League led the rally, calling for a federal investigation.

"We want an independent investigation, lets just say by an agency with higher credentials than Lowndes County. There's been a number of what we feel are inconsistencies, are mishandlings, and for that very reason is why we want another set of eyes," said Atlanta's National Action Network Chapter President, Marcus Coleman.

The family says they expected the autopsy report would rule the death as an accident. And they plan to keep rallying until federal investigators step in.

"When you have the body that's been moved, when you have the Coroner's Office being notified hours later, when you have the misplacement of his clothing, which could be a direct indicator of any evidence needed to move forward," said Coleman.

Lowndes County Sheriff's officials say the statements of his body being moved and his clothes being misplaced are untrue. But Coroner Bill Waston has voiced his anger that he wasn't notified until hours after Johnson's body was discovered. The Sheriff's office says the investigation still remains open.

The Johnson Family organized another rally Saturday at Serenity Christian Church in Valdosta at 5:00 p.m. Reverend Al Sharpton is scheduled to speak.

Copyright 2013 WALB. All rights reserved.

So "convenient" the coroner releases the autopsy an hour before the rally

As Lowndes County law enforcement officials today confirmed their belief that Kendrick Johnson died of accidental positional asphyxia, family and friends of the dead teen protest outside the school.

Joined by groups from out of town, the protesters say they want a federal investigation into the death of the Lowndes County High School student who died when he became trapped in a rolled-up athletic mat at the old gymnasium.

The coroner, the sheriff, and the district attorney said after their initial investigation that it appeared that Johnson crawled down into the mat, which was stood up on its end, and could not get out, dying of suffocation.

The family has never believed that explanation, and have kept up a constant drum-beat for what they call "the truth" about Johnson's death.

Lowndes County Sheriff Chris Prine issued this release Thursday-

This morning Sheriff Prine, investigators from the Sheriff's Office, Lowndes County Coroner Bill Watson and District Attorney J. David Miller and all met and participated in a conference call with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

In addition of the persons from Lowndes County, the call was attended by Doctor Maryanne Gaffney-Kraft, the medical examiner who conducted the autopsy of Kendrick Johnson in January, George Herring, Deputy Director of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation-Division of Forensic Sciences, Doctor Kris Sperry, Chief Medical Examiner for the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and representatives from the Forensic Biology section of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

During this call, the findings of recent forensic testing and the autopsy were relayed. Based on the findings of the investigation, physical evidence, forensic sciences and the autopsy, the death of Kendrick Johnson has been ruled as an accident as a result of positional asphyxia.

Although not previously released, Sheriff Prine stated that this investigation was very extensive and included the completion of multiple forensic tests, including DNA samples collected from the scene and the interview of over one hundred {100} persons, including students, teachers and other people who were identified as the investigation progressed.

Nothing learned during the investigation has indicated anything other than this was a tragic accident.

Sheriff Prine continued to express his sorrow for the family and hopes that with the release of the investigative findings, including the medical findings, the family can find the answers they seek and begin the healing process.

Last edited by Trilluminati GA; 05-02-2013 at 06:03 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #119
Avon_Barksdale 4341 heat pts4341
space
space
$42,442 | Props total: 55891 55891
The family says they expected the autopsy report would rule the death as an accident. And they plan to keep rallying until federal investigators step in.
 5 years ago '05        #120
THaXcEpTiOnAL1 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,879 | Props total: 240 240
this is a cover up. no way a wrestling mat can squish u like that. obviously he was beat to death and the school wants to cover it up.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
82 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
240 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
300 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
28 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
That 8mile soundtrack had some classic jams for real
36 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
113 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
135 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
94 comments
19 hours ago