"Where was Sergio Martinez when I was dominating when I was 21? Nowhere to be found."

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
63 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
272 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
88 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #61
DontHateDaGreat 10 heat pts10
space
space
$12,358 | Props total: 2100 2100
 philly337 said:
floyd was like a 5-1 favorite against zab..nobody thought he was going to win

and i just didn't think zab had a chance against floyd because he could match his skills (i knew he was way better than zab) i knew his style would give him trouble (fast southpaw that hit hard) based off his previous f!ghts that gave him trouble. I still thought floyd would win but knew zab matched up well

and no nobody was asking for those f!ghts...nobody wanted gatti...we all knew he was not that good (rip) and was just popular off of wars with ward who was also not that good. Zab had just lost to bladomir..nobody wanted to see the f!ght after that. People did want to see hatton (i gave him credit for that) and de la hoya was more just based off his name not actually a threat or prime de la hoya

Well can you blame him for the names and money like no other boxer has ever done it? Floyd has had played his part in not making the big f!ghts happen but he isn't alone in that. As long as a canelo or sergio f!ght happens after this one i don't mind and will call it a tune-up. Longshot of this happening due to politics and bs and all that? Sure but that's all you can hope for regarding floyd's last f!ghts. I feel like at this stage of his career he can be pushed into f!ghting them both (unlike the pacman fiasco which had more controversy and beefs etc etc).
 04-11-2013, 01:30 AM         #62
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 warbux04 said:
mike tyson didnt really f!ght anybody either and the big names he did f!ght he lost too. point is every great f!ghter gets the easy route in their career because boxing is always looking for the next big star, none of these guys f!ght big names. look at canelos list worst than floyds.
I agree with you about Tyson. I think he was very overrated as far as who he fought. The difference is though Tyson f!ght pretty much everyone that was available with few exceptions. It just so happens he fought in a very weak time for the HW division.

140lbs has typically been a strong weight class, and there's a handful of f!ghters that Floyd never fought because he was more interested in protecting his record and making the most money.

Now there's nothing wrong with that if that's what you wanna do. This isn't a safe job to do, so you make the most money you make before you cash out. However you can't consider yourself the best of all time if you aren't f!ghting the best, and are only going for the money and the easiest route to that money.

My problem comes in when someone takes the easy route and then wants to say they're the best. It's like some mid major football team having a soft schedule and going undefeated and then bi*ching because they didn't get into the BCS Championship. Schedule stronger teams and then go undefeated or close to it and you'll get that recognition.

Rocky Marciano retired undefeated but he didn't f!ght that many people either of note, and thus should not be considered one of the best of all time, record notwithstanding.

My favorite f!ghter was Chris Byrd. That dude fought every single person he could. In fact he went two divisions up to the heavyweight division when he was a natural middleweight, stepping in with dudes weighing upward of 15-25lbs more than him and won damn near every f!ght. The only ones he lost to were Wladimir Klitschko (twice) Ike Ibeabuchi and Alexander Povetkin (at the end of Byrd's career just about). Then he drained himself in a scary manner and ended up getting beat by Donovan George.

Dude should be considered one of the best based on his skills, accomplishments (two time HW champion) and he also had a win over Vitali Klitschko who quit on his stool after a torn rotator cuff. Lennox Lewis refused to f!ght him because he posed a high risk/low reward, and Lewis gave up his own belt to bypass f!ghting him.
 5 years ago '04        #63
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,379 | Props total: 463 463
 DontHateDaGreat said:
Well can you blame him for the names and money like no other boxer has ever done it? Floyd has had played his part in not making the big f!ghts happen but he isn't alone in that. As long as a canelo or sergio f!ght happens after this one i don't mind and will call it a tune-up. Longshot of this happening due to politics and bs and all that? Sure but that's all you can hope for regarding floyd's last f!ghts. I feel like at this stage of his career he can be pushed into f!ghting them both (unlike the pacman fiasco which had more controversy and beefs etc etc).
So know he needs to f!ght Sergio? Seriously? and yet Sergio has plenty of big f!ghts at 160 and up....

But Floyd is ducking a guy 2 weight classes above him?

But of course, before we even get to Maravilla, he's already ducking Canelo, who has he fought?
Mosley? Who was already washed by Floyd and pacman? Like I said....tell me who Floyd has ducked?
 04-11-2013, 01:34 AM         #64
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mt fuji said:
Ok...and once again....can anyone show proof of Floyd "cherry picking"

Who has he dodged? Proof?

I'm waiting!

As far as Ortiz goes....Floyd was dropping that right hand lead Early. Dude was either going down...or facing some heavy damage on the way to a decision. Anybody bringing that Ortiz f!ght up needs to see his last f!ght with Lopez...after that...have a cup of coffee and stfu!

Now he's ducking Canelo ( used to be pacman,before that Cotto, before that Mosley, and who else y'all name em)

Just tell me who else he ducked!
Well he ducked f!ghters, but as I said before, not because he was scared, but because he could get more money by f!ghting others. Many people clamored for him to f!ght Cotto (in his prime) Margarito, Paul Williams, Kermit Cintron and Mosley (in his prime) (among others) for a long damn time, and he kept going to other perceived easier f!ghters because he could get more money.

As I said before, nothing wrong with that, but you can't claim you're the best ever when you didn't f!ght the best in your weight class while you're there and they are still in their prime, not after they've taken beatings or they have to jump up or go down in weight. Whether it's his fault or their fault, he didn't f!ght the best.

I think he would have probably beaten all of them (except maybe Cotto in his prime, but that's up for debate) and wasn't "Afraid" of them, just would rather f!ght easier f!ghts and get more money.

I'm a Sergio fan and I think that if they fought, Sergio would win (depending on the weight), but I think it's dumb to criticize Floyd for not going all the way up and f!ghting Sergio (Although he HAS fought close to that weight before), just like I don't blame Sergio for not going up to f!ght Andre Ward (who I think would beat Sergio).

Last edited by conscious thug; 04-11-2013 at 01:37 AM..
 5 years ago '12        #65
DontHateDaGreat 10 heat pts10
space
space
$12,358 | Props total: 2100 2100
 mt fuji said:
So know he needs to f!ght Sergio? Seriously? and yet Sergio has plenty of big f!ghts at 160 and up....

But Floyd is ducking a guy 2 weight classes above him?

But of course, before we even get to Maravilla, he's already ducking Canelo, who has he fought?
Mosley? Who was already washed by Floyd and pacman? Like I said....tell me who Floyd has ducked?

A case of stanning gone wrong. I'm a floyd fan so pay attention.

Please tell me when i said he ducked anyone?
I'm saying I WANT HIM to f!ght sergio because it's a good f!ght and it's a GREAT name for floyd to beat and silence the critics. Plus Sergio talks trash too so I'd like to see it. Floyd has fought heavier opponents before and did just fine and if sergio wants to move down to meet floyd let him

second of all canelo is another f!ght people want because he's on the rise and he's another f!ghter people think floyd would give trouble so f!ght him and silence the critics

Now get out your feelings. You're stanning to hard asking me questions about sh*t i never stated or inferred. FOH stanley
 5 years ago '11        #66
datniccamoose 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,320 | Props total: 910 910
you kids are f*ggots how does floyd scared or he doesn't do well against bigger opponents

HE IS UNfu*kINDEFEATED he has been boxing professionally for 15 years and hasnt lost EVER

THINK ABOUT IT

GIVE CREDIT DUE

THE GUY IS A fu*kING MACHINE HE CONDITIONS MORE THAN ANY BOXER
 5 years ago '06        #67
JCSIII 72 heat pts72
space
space
$6,990 | Props total: 144 144
People remember f!ghters for the f!ghts they were in, which Is why Floyd will be forgotten.
 5 years ago '04        #68
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
 DontHateDaGreat said:

I'm saying I WANT HIM to f!ght sergio because it's a good f!ght and it's a GREAT name for floyd to beat and silence the critics. Plus Sergio talks trash too so I'd like to see it. Floyd has fought heavier opponents before and did just fine and if sergio wants to move down to meet floyd let him

second of all canelo is another f!ght people want because he's on the rise and he's another f!ghter people think floyd would give trouble so f!ght him and silence the critics

Now get out your feelings. You're stanning to hard asking me questions about sh*t i never stated or inferred. FOH stanley
Easy....for the record...I replied simply by what was IMPLIED....standing...never have never will
Your asking for Floyd to f!ght Sergio, either Sergio comes down, or Floyd goes up, even meeting in the middle would be ludicrous, just the fact that you could even talk about that f!ght with a str8 face....
 5 years ago '04        #69
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
 DontHateDaGreat said:

Easy....for the record...I replied simply by what was IMPLIED....stanning.never have never will
Your asking for Floyd to f!ght Sergio, either Sergio comes down, or Floyd goes up, even meeting in the middle would be ludicrous, just the fact that you could even talk about that f!ght with a str8 face....

2nd...,the Canelo f!ght, c'mon who has he beaten? Who ever people think is on top at the moment, if Floyd doesn't f!ght them IMMEDIATELY he has to "silence the critics"

Yeah Floyd has fought " heavier opponents" but never somebody two weight classes above him. Even when he f!ghts at 154 (2 times) he comes into the ring unofficially at 151. That would be like asking Maravilla to f!ght Chad Dawson and move up to 175...even if they met in the middle one of the f!ghters would be at a disadvantage. So tell me, what knowledgable boxing fan would want to see and pay for that kind of f!ght?

You're sounding real casual with your sh*t....lol at him f!ghting heavier opponents before ahh man what's next?
 5 years ago '13        #70
Morris Bestnut 11 heat pts11
space
space
$721 | Props total: 223 223
My dude martinez got him shook
 5 years ago '06        #71
Maddog345 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,867 | Props total: 261 261
After reading most of the comments in this thread, I've come to the conclusion that:

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #72
RatedQue 51 heat pts51
space
space
$3,375 | Props total: 1045 1045
 EnlightenMe said:
i can't think of a f!ghter who has handpicked his opponents more than mayweather. this is coming from someone who is a fan of his.
I ve been saying it for years and i m by no means a floyd hater. But you cant talk that much trash when you been dodging the real f!ghts for half your career. All he has done is f!ght shells of washed up big name f!ghters to sell PPV. Larry Merchant said it best when called Floyd the Artful Dodger.
 5 years ago '06        #73
JCSIII 72 heat pts72
space
space
$6,990 | Props total: 144 144
I'm glad some Floyd fans are finally waking up.Floyd chose money over legacy.
 5 years ago '07        #74
pete jr 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,951 | Props total: 1144 1144
Where was Guerrero when he was 21 and dominating

Thats a weak excuse and I'm a big money fan. I hope they can make the f!ght one day.
 5 years ago '07        #75
Rob De Niro 120 heat pts120
space
space
$13,488 | Props total: 668 668
My boy martinez would give that work to floyd. I would be amazed watching him train here in oxnard.
 5 years ago '11        #76
Teknishen04 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,364 | Props total: 236 236
 conscious thug said:
how am I a "real life tuff guy" because I mentioned the fact that Floyd beat the sh*t out of the mother of his children, and threatened to beat their a.sses if they went and got help for their mother?

Oh wait, I forgot, this is Boxden where women beating is welcome and appreciated to "keep dem hoes in check".
No no homeboy. That is not what occured. You honestly need to do more research before you go throwing names under the bus. A third party was there during the altercation and absolutely nothing of the "Beating" you claimed to have happened, actually happened. Josie Harris did an interview with VladTV not to long ago speaking on the incident. She said that she THOUGHT Floyd might get physical with her, but nothing actually went down but a heated argument. There was no solid evidence of Floyd ever "Hitting" Josie, a chick who is notorious for lying. The last domestic abuse case (before the most recent one) that was reported between the two ended up getting dropped due to the fact that Josie had given false information to police officers.
 5 years ago '11        #77
Teknishen04 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,364 | Props total: 236 236
 conscious thug said:
Well he ducked f!ghters, but as I said before, not because he was scared, but because he could get more money by f!ghting others. Many people clamored for him to f!ght Cotto (in his prime) Margarito, Paul Williams, Kermit Cintron and Mosley (in his prime) (among others) for a long damn time, and he kept going to other perceived easier f!ghters because he could get more money.

As I said before, nothing wrong with that, but you can't claim you're the best ever when you didn't f!ght the best in your weight class while you're there and they are still in their prime, not after they've taken beatings or they have to jump up or go down in weight. Whether it's his fault or their fault, he didn't f!ght the best.

I think he would have probably beaten all of them (except maybe Cotto in his prime, but that's up for debate) and wasn't "Afraid" of them, just would rather f!ght easier f!ghts and get more money.

I'm a Sergio fan and I think that if they fought, Sergio would win (depending on the weight), but I think it's dumb to criticize Floyd for not going all the way up and f!ghting Sergio (Although he HAS fought close to that weight before), just like I don't blame Sergio for not going up to f!ght Andre Ward (who I think would beat Sergio).
Floyd called out Mosley years ago! Back in 2003 to be exact, but the f!ght was declined by the mosley camp. Miguel Cotto's camp did not feel as though he was ready. Note: Miguel Cotto was ringside for the Arturo Gatti (RIP) f!ght years ago. As for Kermit Cintron and Paul Williams, both were Up and coming f!ghters. Neither had the credentials nor the resume to pursue a challenger worthy f!ght to Mayweather. And as far as Margarito goes, I can't even believe you would even bring this into question. You're holding this against him because he wouldnt f!ght Margs for $3 million? As if Margarito is even worth that much to begin with! Sergio Martinez is a middleweight...end of discussion.
 04-11-2013, 11:33 AM         #78
iQon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 conscious thug said:

he didn't really "duck" any of those guys. Back then 147 had a pretty deep top 10. Floyd really had nothing to prove because they all kept losing f!ghts. I remember Paul Williams was there and lost to Quintana. Marg, same deal. Cotto, same. Mosley, same. Floyd was waiting on somebody to essentially clean the division out and it never happened. (well, Manny did...) and some of those guys in their "prime" ducked Floyd....

Guys like Cintron, Judah, and Clottey were just gatekeepers. Nobody ever thought they were in line for a f!ght with Floyd.
 5 years ago '06        #79
dehdeh23 12 heat pts12
space
space
$1,238 | Props total: 176 176
 JCSIII said:
Guerrero is average at best.
He aight he's a smart/dirty f!ghter that can adjust his gameplan mid f!ght. But yea he hasn't beat anybody that grants him this shot but whatever .. Floyd doesn't touch any of the top p4p guys anyways
 5 years ago '04        #80
dre03 
space
space
$10,169 | Props total: 2451 2451
 Teknishen04 said:
No no homeboy. That is not what occured. You honestly need to do more research before you go throwing names under the bus. A third party was there during the altercation and absolutely nothing of the "Beating" you claimed to have happened, actually happened. Josie Harris did an interview with VladTV not to long ago speaking on the incident. She said that she THOUGHT Floyd might get physical with her, but nothing actually went down but a heated argument. There was no solid evidence of Floyd ever "Hitting" Josie, a chick who is notorious for lying. The last domestic abuse case (before the most recent one) that was reported between the two ended up getting dropped due to the fact that Josie had given false information to police officers.

WTF are you talking about? His own 10-year old son told the cops that his father hit and kicked his mother... The boy also said when he tried to leave to get help one of Floyd's a.ssociate blocked the door so he couldn't leave... He eventually got out the house and notified the security officer of what was happening...

So regardless of what you think Josie said (Which i watched those VladTv interviews and I don't recall that bullsh*t you talking about) are you also calling his own a child a liar too???

What reason would his child have for lying and coming up with that story? The third party person you are talking about is on Floyd's payroll... James Mcnair... Why would he side against his boss?? The only person with no vested interest in any of this would be the children... If they child says it happened with the details given then I believe the child more than the adults...

Last edited by dre03; 04-11-2013 at 12:10 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
95 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
199 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy