"Where was Sergio Martinez when I was dominating when I was 21? Nowhere to be found."

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
33 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
72 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
103 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
242 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '09        #41
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
$12,268 | Props total: 1397 1397
 RustyLorcin said:
You are only as good as your last f!ght, Floyd came out with a pretty stupid comment. Martinez said he will come down to 154 where Floyd currently is the champ and holds a belt, Martinez fought Paul Williams at 158 and Floyd wants none of that... the man is instead f!ghting the Robert Guerreros of this world.
Martinez/Williams was 3 years ago lol. Martinez weighed 174 lbs 30 days out from the Chavez f!ght. He's walking around 180+...Floyd weighed 148 the other day lol.
 5 years ago '12        #42
Mr Fujaveli 36 heat pts36
space
space
$23,461 | Props total: 12827 12827
 VictoryThagr8 said:
You must of mixed guerrero up with canelo. You know the guy everybody want Floyd to f!ght since Floyd won a belt at 154. No one ever wanted Floyd to f!ght Guerrero at all. We all wanted him to f!ght Saul alverez.
Yeah I think you right, props
 04-10-2013, 08:13 PM         #43
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KidKingGoD said:
Where are the pictures to support these claims? Where is the police report? How many times has this babymother accused floyd of this and lied?
You mean besides Floyd pleading guilty and going to fu*king jail over it? Besides his kids own words? Yeah this is all made up.

Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s son told police he witnessed the boxer a.ssault his mother last week, according to an arrest report obtained Monday.

Koraun Mayweather, the 10-year-old son of Mayweather Jr. and the boxer's former girlfriend, Josie Harris, told Las Vegas police he saw his dad "on his mother and was hitting and kicking her" Thursday morning during a domestic dispute at home, according to the report.

Mayweather, 33, has three children with Harris. He also owns the house in the 3800 block of Tropical Vine Street, where Harris lives and the incident occurred.

Harris told police their children witnessed the attack, in which she suffered minor injuries to her face and arms, the report said. She said Mayweather told them "he would beat their a.sses if they left the house or called the police."

Koraun told police he tried to run from the house but was blocked at the door by James McNair, an a.ssociate of Mayweather's.

The boy escaped through a back door, where he jumped a security gate and contacted the security officer, the report said.

Koraun said Mayweather took his cell phone, his mother's cell phone and his brother's cell phone before leaving the scene, the report said.

Mayweather turned himself in and was booked Friday on felony grand larceny -- which is defined as theft of personal property with a value of $250 or more -- for taking Harris' iPhone, valued at about $300, according to police. He posted bail later that day.

Richard Wright, Mayweather's lawyer, said the boxer did not commit grand larceny.

"Josie can't find her iPhone," Wright said Friday. "We're attempting to find it or replace it."

According to the report, Mayweather called Georgia Parker using Harris' cell phone at 6:26 a.m., about an hour after the incident. Parker, who was Harris' friend and roommate, was in the waiting room of the hospital as doctors examined Harris, the report said.

Mayweather told Parker to "get out of the house" and that he had Harris' cell phone.
 5 years ago '05        #44
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,067 | Props total: 1046 1046
 Walmart said:
I think Sergio was a cyclist when Floyd was 21 and Floyd was probably f!ghting at Flyweight back then.

Pointless statement by Floyd
most of his statements are
 5 years ago '09        #45
TroyNY 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,039 | Props total: 2934 2934
some sh*t a retired boxer should say
 5 years ago '09        #46
2up2down703 
space
space
$903 | Props total: 1 1
This n*gga has the Skill of an All-Time great but the heart of a coward. And I am a Floyd "Money" Mayweather fan! May be one of the greatest to ever box with his skill set but he has no heart! He just takes Low Risk/High Reward f!ghts and handpicks his opponents! If he ends up f!ghting Canelo then I might change my tune just a little because I believe Canelo is definitely a threat to Floyd, but until then this is how I will remember him.
 5 years ago '09        #47
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
$12,268 | Props total: 1397 1397
 2up2down703 said:
This n*gga has the Skill of an All-Time great but the heart of a coward. And I am a Floyd "Money" Mayweather fan! May be one of the greatest to ever box with his skill set but he has no heart! He just takes Low Risk/High Reward f!ghts and handpicks his opponents! If he ends up f!ghting Canelo then I might change my tune just a little because I believe Canelo is definitely a threat to Floyd, but until then this is how I will remember him.
Why do you think Canelo is a threat?
 5 years ago '06        #48
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$29,009 | Props total: 10681 10681
 palogee said:
Didn't read anything but the title.... nd came up with a conclusion that makes you think less of him??? Respect you say????

These kinds of "fans" ruin the sport.
pal...fall back. Don't speak to me about being a "fan" this is what i did for 10 years of my life..trust you don't know close to what i know in the sport of boxing

and i just read the post....he said what the fu*k the title said so what's ur point? My statement still stands
 04-10-2013, 09:39 PM         #49
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Look I'm clearly not a Mayweather Fan, and if anyone wants to discount what I say, that's your right.

Having said that, let me express my thoughts here.

(TLDR version: Floyd COULD beat a lot of these names that is being thrown around, but he won't challenge himself and only f!ghts those he is 100% sure he will beat).

Floyd is one of the most gifted athletes we've seen in a long time. A lot of people will throw out names over the years that he didn't face and say "he's afraid of them". No, he's not afraid of any f!ghter, however I DO think he's afraid of losing. He's based his entire legacy on his undefeated record.

He's stated he's better than Ali and Sugar Ray Robinson because THEY have losses, he doesn't. If he loses, he can no longer play that card, and I think that scares him more than any f!ghter. His problem isn't that he's afraid of Canelo, Cotto in his prime, Paul Williams in his prime, Margarito in his prime, or Andre Ward or Sergio Martinez, it's that those f!ghters pose, what Floyd feels, is a bad ratio of risk/reward for him.

Look at everyone he has fought since Diego Corralles (RIP), and you'll see there's not one single person that he fought that anyone but the most die hard haters of Floyd would have said "wow that guy has a legitimate chance of winning". Not one single f!ghter.

Everyone Floyd stepped in against was chosen because they could present a good image of someone that could be a threat, but wasnt' really a threat. Floyd has NEVER taken on a f!ghter since moving to welter that posed a legit threat of winning, and anyone that's rational would admit that.

Now, I think Floyd would have beaten damn near every one of them, if not all of them, if they HAD fought. I don't hate Floyd to the point where I'm gonna say "oh Margarito would have smashed him" or whatever, but I think FLOYD wasn't 100% that he could win them, and didn't want to risk that undefeated record for which he puts his entire image and legacy on.

Don't believe me? Look at every f!ghter he's faced since moving up in weight.

Victoriano Sosa
Phillip NDou

DeMarcus "Chop Chop" Corley

Henry Bruseles
Arturo Gatti
Sharmba Mitchell

Zab Judah
Carlos Baldomir

Oscar De La Hoya
Ricky Hatton

NO f!ghtS

Juan Manuel Marquez

Shane Mosely

Victor Ortiz

Miguel Cotto

Robert Guerrero
Name one single f!ghter on that list that is A. in his prime B. at his normal weight class and C. posed a LEGITIMATE threat at beating Floyd.

Last edited by conscious thug; 04-10-2013 at 09:44 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #50
DontHateDaGreat 10 heat pts10
space
space
$12,358 | Props total: 2100 2100
 conscious thug said:
Look I'm clearly not a Mayweather Fan, and if anyone wants to discount what I say, that's your right.

(TLDR version: Floyd COULD beat a lot of these names that is being thrown around, but he won't challenge himself and only f!ghts those he is 100% sure he will beat).

Floyd is one of the most gifted athletes we've seen in a long time. A lot of people will throw out names over the years that he didn't face and say "he's afraid of them". No, he's not afraid of any f!ghter, however I DO think he's afraid of losing. He's based his entire legacy on his undefeated record.

He's stated he's better than Ali and Sugar Ray Robinson because THEY have losses, he doesn't. If he loses, he can no longer play that card, and I think that scares him more than any f!ghter. His problem isn't that he's afraid of Canelo, Cotto in his prime, Paul Williams in his prime, Margarito in his prime, or Andre Ward or Sergio Martinez, it's that those f!ghters pose, what Floyd feels, is a bad ratio of risk/reward for him.

Look at everyone he has fought since Diego Corralles (RIP), and you'll see there's not one single person that he fought that anyone but the most die hard haters of Floyd would have said "wow that guy has a legitimate chance of winning". Not one single f!ghter.

Everyone Floyd stepped in against was chosen because they could present a good image of someone that could be a threat, but wasnt' really a threat. Floyd has NEVER taken on a f!ghter since moving to welter that posed a legit threat of winning, and anyone that's rational would admit that.

Now, I think Floyd would have beaten damn near every one of them, if not all of them, if they HAD fought. I don't hate Floyd to the point where I'm gonna say "oh Margarito would have smashed him" or whatever, but I think FLOYD wasn't 100% that he could win them, and didn't want to risk that undefeated record for which he puts his entire image and legacy on.

Name one single f!ghter on that list that is A. in his prime B. at his normal weight class and C. posed a LEGITIMATE threat at beating Floyd.
You can say that for many boxers though. I get disappointed that some of these f!ghts haven't happened but there were more than just floyd haters who thought he would lose to

Gatti (people claimed he was too tough and floyd was too defensive and powerful enough to win
Hatton (undefeated at the time)
De La Hoya (people thought this would be a close one)
Zab Judah (people def though judah would win)
Mosley, Cotto, and Ortiz and the rest i'll give you

As for this f!ght I'll accept a tune-up f!ght for floyd before his next opponent. Like if he wins this f!ght then f!ghts Canelo or Martinez then what's the problem? Now boxing politics and all that bs probably says it wont but i can accept a tune-up f!ght for his first match out of jail
 5 years ago '06        #51
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 DontHateDaGreat said:
You can say that for many boxers though. I get disappointed that some of these f!ghts haven't happened but there were more than just floyd haters who thought he would lose to

Gatti (people claimed he was too tough and floyd was too defensive and powerful enough to win

As for this f!ght I'll accept a tune-up f!ght for floyd before his next opponent. Like if he wins this f!ght then f!ghts Canelo or Martinez then what's the problem? Now boxing politics and all that bs probably says it wont but i can accept a tune-up f!ght for his first match out of jail
what world you living in?

against gatti i don't know one person who gave him a shot

hatton....anybody who knew boxing knew hatton would get peppered but i still give floyd props for f!ghting him because this was a f!ght fans wanted to see and a bigger name (these are the f!ghts we're asking for..it's not so much that they can beat floyd it's just...damn f!ght somebody who is elite and not a sparring partner)

de la hoya was coming off 3 of his last 4 being losses (mosley, hopkins, and then stern who was robbed)...then beat bum a.ss mayorga

judah..again huh? I was the only person i knew given zab a chance based on how their styles matched up and was looing like a prophet until zab folded up. He was coming off an embarrassing loss to a the journeymen baldomir
 04-10-2013, 10:29 PM         #52
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DontHateDaGreat said:

Yeah but nobody who ACTUALLY follows boxing and knows anything about those f!ghters legit thought he would lose. The only one I could MAYBE see, was the De La Hoya f!ght, and that was close. But even then I don't know anyone who honestly thought De La Hoya would win that f!ght. However that's the only f!ght that someone could point to.

Gatti was ALWAYS an offensive guy with sh*t for defense. I believe the quote during the Gatti/Ward trilogy was that their idea of defense was hiring a good cutman. His style was tailor made for Floyd, a counter puncher. That wasn't even a matchup.

Can't remember if Hatton was at his natural weight or not. I was thinking he had to come up a weight class or come down a weight class. He was undefeated but I don't think he fought at his natural weight. Also much like Gatti, he was an offensive guy with sh*t defense that was made for a counter puncher.
 5 years ago '04        #53
warbux04 
space
space
$737 | Props total: 182 182
 conscious thug said:

mike tyson didnt really f!ght anybody either and the big names he did f!ght he lost too. point is every great f!ghter gets the easy route in their career because boxing is always looking for the next big star, none of these guys f!ght big names. look at canelos list worst than floyds.
 5 years ago '12        #54
DontHateDaGreat 10 heat pts10
space
space
$12,358 | Props total: 2100 2100
 philly337 said:
what world you living in?

against gatti i don't know one person who gave him a shot

hatton....anybody who knew boxing knew hatton would get peppered but i still give floyd props for f!ghting him because this was a f!ght fans wanted to see and a bigger name (these are the f!ghts we're asking for..it's not so much that they can beat floyd it's just...damn f!ght somebody who is elite and not a sparring partner)

de la hoya was coming off 3 of his last 4 being losses (mosley, hopkins, and then stern who was robbed)...then beat bum a.ss mayorga

judah..again huh? I was the only person i knew given zab a chance based on how their styles matched up and was looing like a prophet until zab folded up. He was coming off an embarrassing loss to a the journeymen baldomir
earf
You make all valid points but forget that MOST boxing fans have been casual for years so people really thought each of those f!ghters had a shot at beating floyd and fans wanted floyd to f!ght those guys. and even you said you gave judah a shot so why is it impossible to think other fans gave him no shot as well?

I wanted floyd to f!ght the best to watch great boxing (and watch him outclass pacman and put him [and his overhyped record as well] to sleep but everyone was at fault for that. I'll accept this tune-up and hope he picks canelo or martinez next. That's all you can do really.

conscious thug said:
Yeah but nobody who ACTUALLY follows boxing and knows anything about those f!ghters legit thought he would lose. The only one I could MAYBE see, was the De La Hoya f!ght, and that was close. But even then I don't know anyone who honestly thought De La Hoya would win that f!ght. However that's the only f!ght that someone could point to.

Gatti was ALWAYS an offensive guy with sh*t for defense. I believe the quote during the Gatti/Ward trilogy was that their idea of defense was hiring a good cutman. His style was tailor made for Floyd, a counter puncher. That wasn't even a matchup.

Can't remember if Hatton was at his natural weight or not. I was thinking he had to come up a weight class or come down a weight class. He was undefeated but I don't think he fought at his natural weight. Also much like Gatti, he was an offensive guy with sh*t defense that was made for a counter puncher.
as i said before plenty of fans (casual and real fans who were haters) felt they were good.
They said floyd would "have to go through hell" to beat gatti, said dlh would be close, hatton was overhypped and undefeated so they felt he would maul floyd. We can say they were outclassed but back then people really thought each of those f!ghters had a chance. Hell people said floyd was too scared of mosley
 04-11-2013, 12:25 AM         #55
aftrmath959 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Effit said:
Yeah and the only reason ortiz went down when and the way he did was because floyd cheap shot (defend yourself at all times argument can kiss my a.ss) him when he was clearly apologizing. Act like you know anything about boxing or mayweather f!ghts
I have to question your comprehension skills. Anyone with some sense watching could tell exactly how that f!ght was going. Ortiz was starting to get picked apart before the headbutt. I was mad it ended the way it did only because we were cut short of seeing another gatti-esque type beatdown. RIP Gatti
 5 years ago '06        #56
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 DontHateDaGreat said:
earf
You make all valid points but forget that MOST boxing fans have been casual for years so people really thought each of those f!ghters had a shot at beating floyd and fans wanted floyd to f!ght those guys. and even you said you gave judah a shot so why is it impossible to think other fans gave him no shot as well?

I wanted floyd to f!ght the best to watch great boxing (and watch him outclass pacman and put him [and his overhyped record as well] to sleep but everyone was at fault for that. I'll accept this tune-up and hope he picks canelo or martinez next. That's all you can do really.

as i said before plenty of fans (casual and real fans who were haters) felt they were good.
They said floyd would "have to go through hell" to beat gatti, said dlh would be close, hatton was overhypped and undefeated so they felt he would maul floyd. We can say they were outclassed but back then people really thought each of those f!ghters had a chance. Hell people said floyd was too scared of mosley
floyd was like a 5-1 favorite against zab..nobody thought he was going to win

and i just didn't think zab had a chance against floyd because he could match his skills (i knew he was way better than zab) i knew his style would give him trouble (fast southpaw that hit hard) based off his previous f!ghts that gave him trouble. I still thought floyd would win but knew zab matched up well

and no nobody was asking for those f!ghts...nobody wanted gatti...we all knew he was not that good (rip) and was just popular off of wars with ward who was also not that good. Zab had just lost to bladomir..nobody wanted to see the f!ght after that. People did want to see hatton (i gave him credit for that) and de la hoya was more just based off his name not actually a threat or prime de la hoya
 5 years ago '04        #57
CentsCuZ 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,002 | Props total: 771 771
 Effit said:
Yeah and the only reason ortiz went down when and the way he did was because floyd cheap shot (defend yourself at all times argument can kiss my a.ss) him when he was clearly apologizing. Act like you know anything about boxing or mayweather f!ghts
Uhh ... He was whipping that dude's a.ss all the way up until that point, ya know, before he knocked him out.
 5 years ago '04        #58
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,379 | Props total: 463 463
 r.burgundy said:
guerrero is a very good f!ghter.u want floyd to f!ght a bigger guy in sergio,why doesnt sergio go up and f!ght andre ward

Please....Floyd could f!ght him, and next...n*ggas would want Floyd to f!ght Ward.

For all you small bus people...FLOYD'S Point is that he has been in the pvp discussion since he was 21. no talk of the Maravilla's...pacman's....even Cotto wasn't around back then.

DLH Made the mistake of moving up...not because of money, but because of conditioning. Floyd pretty much walks around at 147. Sergio is WAAAAAAAY to big to f!ght him. And for all the talk of Paul Williams beating money...(dude was a good f!ghter,peace and love to him) you saw what Quintana did to him the first f!ght. Floyd would have waxed that a.ss!
 5 years ago '06        #59
KingK 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$15,250 | Props total: 747 747
 Effit said:
You need to go back and watch that f!ght again homie. Ortiz was gettin his sh*t handed to him and the majority of those punches that the crowd and dumbass Jim Lampley got all hyped over weren't connecting or were grazing shots.

Also how many times do you need to apologize before the action starts back up? Ortiz by my memory apologize at least 3-4 times when he should have gotten his head back in the game. Tap gloves and let it go but Ortiz was too stupid to do that and he got clocked on his own mistake simple as that.
 5 years ago '04        #60
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,379 | Props total: 463 463
Ok...and once again....can anyone show proof of Floyd "cherry picking"

Who has he dodged? Proof?

I'm waiting!

As far as Ortiz goes....Floyd was dropping that right hand lead Early. Dude was either going down...or facing some heavy damage on the way to a decision. Anybody bringing that Ortiz f!ght up needs to see his last f!ght with Lopez...after that...have a cup of coffee and stfu!

Now he's ducking Canelo ( used to be pacman,before that Cotto, before that Mosley, and who else y'all name em)

Just tell me who else he ducked!

Last edited by mt fuji; 04-11-2013 at 01:27 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
198 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
62 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
165 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy