most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
118 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-09-2013, 08:45 PM         #61
TIP2009 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 link04 said:

[pic - click to view]

Guerrilla Games’ technical director Michiel Van Der Leeuw has dismissed the notion that PS4 is little more than a high-end PC, suggesting that those describing the console that way are ‘trolls’ and ‘fanboys’.

Speaking in an interview to be published in E253, on sale Thursday, Van Der Leeuw explained that his studio was heavily involved in the creation of PS4’s arcitecture, and while it might be more PC-like than its predecessor, it is still very much a games console.

Referring to those calling PS4 a PC in a fancier box, he said: “That’s difficult because people are trolling, right. What do you say to a troll? You don’t feed the trolls, that’ll make them grow.”

“I mean, it has always been a piece of high-end hardware that we put in a box, we find exactly the right components that complement each other and make a really good gaming experience. This is exactly the same thing – it is a console. The fact that the best pieces of hardware are also devised from, or optimised versions of, the stuff we find in PCs doesn’t make it any less a console. I can imagine if you find people with a vested interest to say PC gaming has won, they will find lots of great arguments in the fact that we use some of the same parts. But you know that’s just fanboys on the internet, I guess.”

Van Der Leeuw went on to explain the differences between PS4 and a high-powered PC. “A PC is a number of parts which also has bridges in between where there are inefficiencies that may not be exactly the right match. We’ve got the right amount of memory, video card, everything balanced out. I know it was a very conscious effort to make sure that, with the speed of the memory, the amount of compute units, the speed of the hard-drive that we put in, that there would not be any bottlenecks. So the amount of pixel-pushers that you have, the amount of memory, the speed of your compute units make sure that you don’t hit any of the weakspots of the hardware.”

This balancing of PS4’s architecture and the use of complementary components make it simpler to work with, said Van Der Leeuw. “Whereas if you have a PC very often your buffs, or your express buffs are very slow compared to your video RAM which is GDDR5 and your main RAM then is even slower than that, but you compensate by sticking buffers in there… there’s a lot of things to contemplate in the fact that it is a replaceable-parts architecture. This [PS4] is where all of the parts are designed to work together, naturally.”

He added that Guerrilla was part of a constant iteration process with PS4′s innards. Guerrilla made at least five different major changes to the graphics chip, CPU and on the bandwidth between the different components, to define and then eliminate any disruption in performance.

“I think it was for more than a year that we knew the main ingredients and there was just discussion after discussion trying to find a bottleneck,” he added. “We actually had parts of both k!llzone 3 and very early k!llzone 4 art a.ssets running through simulators to try to find out how it would behave on our speculative hardware that didn’t exist – trying to find bottlenecks in the hardware that we could fix before we could even think about the chip.”

You can read more about how the k!llzone studio shaped Sony’s next console in the new issue of Edge magazine, on sale Thursday. You can buy or subscribe to Edge magazine in print, on iPad, on Google Play and through Zinio.

source:

pc gamers, im curious what your rebuttal will be now..
you have had heard of marketing, right? sit the fu*k down.
 5 years ago '10        #62
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,735 | Props total: 19637 19637
 Y.G. said:
Did this dude really say that most gaming rigs are using 32-bit operating systems?

Which one of ya'll dudes out there just built an expensive system and loaded it with Windows XP SP3?
Idiotic response.
 5 years ago '05        #63
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,661 | Props total: 13780 13780
 Hovi Bryant said:
Idiotic response.
Really? More idiotic then you thinking most PC gamers' rigs are running XP or purposely chose to install the 32-bit versions of Windows 7 or 8 on their systems?

Explain your stupidity boy.
 5 years ago '08        #64
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
$45,592 | Props total: 17265 17265
Its not a unique architech design, no more emotion-broadband engine/cell bullsh*t
This is a pc design with custom parts or as that Hail Bob comet cult member Cerny put it
"Supped up PC arch design", ps4= sony dropped the console identity all sony consoles used to have.

Side note, this dude will have ps fans in black nikes under purple covers...

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Last edited by The N; 04-09-2013 at 10:22 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #65
gh3tto 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,065 | Props total: 677 677
 Hovi Bryant said:
Idiotic response.
youve got it twisted thinking pc gaming's advantage is just a little higher resolution.

in many cases they make the modeling more complex, higher resolution textures, higher frame rates, .. sometimes a complete graphic overhaul.
 5 years ago '07        #66
jhj26 51 heat pts51
space
space
$15,678 | Props total: 1357 1357
my pc can barely handle Windows 8
 5 years ago '10        #67
FrankAndBeans 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,012 | Props total: 5752 5752
PC vs console always been a one-way rivalry. Never met a console player who passionately hates a PC player. PC barely registers to console people to be honest...it's two different needs.

PC people seem to like max performance, console folks seem to enjoy the social aspects. PC people argue so much because they have an inferiority complex. Yall have better specs, duh. Who cares.
 5 years ago '05        #68
mistadontplay 
space
space
$2,779 | Props total: 1 1
 IronMaiden said:
umadbro?

As for a rebuttal, why? It's barely mid-range PC
PC Troll. LLS. This gon be hillarious when the 4 drop it is more than a mid range PC, but on some real sh*t....PCs will end up having parts to be better than PS4. Remember PS4 is sold how it is. You can build your own PC and make it better as times change but for now PS4 seems to be the winner according to specs. At the same time though..who even plays PC games anymore but weirdos and freaks that always stay in they room eating sandwiches and drinking Coke.
 5 years ago '05        #69
mistadontplay 
space
space
 jhj26 said:
my pc can barely handle Windows 8
Your PC is some sh*t then.
 5 years ago '06        #70
bobdigi 
space
space
space
$849 | Props total: 14 14
 IronMaiden said:
Yeah i am totally a troll, i know my high end PC runs everything at 720p/30fps like this super high end PS4.

oh wait my PC runs everything at 3840×2160 60fp maxed out. Sony fanboys MAAAAAD.
Pretty much this. Console f*gs will never understand because they are poor.
 5 years ago '05        #71
mistadontplay 
space
space
 Hovi Bryant said:
OP has always been correct.

Then games have to consider the overhead required by the operating system. Epic games mentioned that most PC developers are handicapped compared to next gen consoles. This is simply because most computers (even gaming rigs) have 32-bit OS's (can't use more than 3.5-4 GB of RAM).

Slim you are dumb as a muthafu*ka who even builds that sh*t anymore i built my PC and loaded it with 16GB of DDr3 and that was 5 years ago and I don't even game on my PC. My board handles up to 32GB. You obvioulsy don't know sh*t about computers let alone know how to build one. I may disagree with folks saying PS4 is equal to a mid range PC but there are some PCs out here that are extremely fast powerful and the right person can make that mutahfu*ka do whatever it wanna do. No gamer is using 3.5GB of ram and running a 32 bit OS. People aren't playing Duke Nukem anymore.
 5 years ago '05        #72
mistadontplay 
space
space
 bobdigi said:
Pretty much this. Console f*gs will never understand because they are poor.
Damn PC stans mad as hell over this thread. For real though if anything ya'll needa school the dude who said gamers still use 32 bit OSes and don't be upset over the people who play consoles. Nobody really plays PC games anymore...not like they used to.
 5 years ago '07        #73
jhj26 51 heat pts51
space
space
$15,678 | Props total: 1357 1357
 mistadontplay said:
Your PC is some sh*t then.

point is: the quality of pc gaming varies from pc to pc.
 5 years ago '10        #74
space
space
 Y.G. said:
Really? More idiotic then you thinking most PC gamers' rigs are running XP or purposely chose to install the 32-bit versions of Windows 7 or 8 on their systems?

Idiotic response followed by another.
 5 years ago '10        #75
space
space
 mistadontplay said:
Slim you are dumb as a muthafu*ka who even builds that sh*t anymore i built my PC and loaded it with 16GB of DDr3 and that was 5 years ago and I don't even game on my PC. My board handles up to 32GB. You obvioulsy don't know sh*t about computers let alone know how to build one. I may disagree with folks saying PS4 is equal to a mid range PC but there are some PCs out here that are extremely fast powerful and the right person can make that mutahfu*ka do whatever it wanna do. No gamer is using 3.5GB of ram and running a 32 bit OS. People aren't playing Duke Nukem anymore.
Pull your skirt back up.

"The other exciting thing is that... when you think about Windows, even Windows for most people is tied to about 2GB of addressable memory space. This really opens up beyond what most PCs can do, because most PCs are running a 32-bit version of Windows.

Throw your money away on something better boy.

04-09-2013, 11:52 PM         #76
Cya Nerd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
such idiots in here
 5 years ago '05        #77
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,661 | Props total: 13780 13780
 Hovi Bryant said:
Pull your skirt back up.

"The other exciting thing is that... when you think about Windows, even Windows for most people is tied to about 2GB of addressable memory space. This really opens up beyond what most PCs can do, because most PCs are running a 32-bit version of Windows.

This moron still hasn't detailed how he came to the conclusion that most PC gamers run XP, 32-bit Windows 7 or 32-bit Windows 8. I don't know a single PC gamer that still uses XP or has a 32-bit version of Windows 7 or 8.

5 years ago '11        #78
SugaHillRomello 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$858 | Props total: 0 0
 Hovi Bryant said:
Pull your skirt back up.

You stupid boy
 5 years ago '05        #79
mistadontplay 
space
space
 Hovi Bryant said:
Pull your skirt back up.

another victim of catching feelings on the net. this is too funny. this retard seriously think people stil game on XP and 32bit. Maybe he is stuck in an office all day where they still use XP and BX is his only way of communication with the world. Well on the other hand I don't think someone would be dumb enough to hire someone that dumb.

Last edited by mistadontplay; 04-10-2013 at 12:13 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #80
mistadontplay 
space
space
 jhj26 said:

point is: the quality of pc gaming varies from pc to pc.
true true its all about your rig and howw its built and what you put into it. I build em for a hobby. I havent used Windows 8 yet so for all i know it could be a memory and resource hogg and wholetime your machine could be a decent one and its the OS so my bad if i jumped the gun with the comment
Home      

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
41 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
21 hours ago