Ps4 isn't just a high end pc

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
189 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
49 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
127 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #41
kulabear 23 heat pts23
space
space
$10,754 | Props total: 1383 1383
 Higgins said:
Are you out doing all sorts of outdoor activities with your consoles?
 5 years ago '05        #42
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,248 | Props total: 2421 2421
the first part of the press conference they said it that there the were basing the system off of the x64 bit pc system.
 5 years ago '07        #43
genobee 21 heat pts21
space
space
$2,486 | Props total: 390 390
 HiRolliN said:
wow they even made it known that they were baseing the new the system on pc hardware and a pc architecture thats excactlly what they said.

you can throw out video card numbers from nvidia but sony said the basing the new system on pc hardware and architecture
First, never said it wasnt based on PC hardware and architecture, I'm talking about comparing it to "gaming PCs"(not just any type of PC).

Second, Just because its based on PC hw and arc. doesn't mean it can compete in terms of graphics and performance. As I've said, I have a i5 and one 680 and my games look better than what was produced on the ps4 demo.
 5 years ago '04        #44
gh3tto 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,065 | Props total: 677 677
i dont even get the point of this. all ps4 devs will make their games on pc's to play on a machine that does one thing more efficiently ..play games. a ps4 is a pc really, just limited number of tasks it can perform. same with xbox. why cant dorks have a pc and buy a ps4/720 .. i will
 5 years ago '05        #45
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,248 | Props total: 2421 2421
 genobee said:
First, never said it wasnt based on PC hardware and architecture, I'm talking about comparing it to "gaming PCs"(not just any type of PC).

Second, Just because its based on PC hw and arc. doesn't mean it can compete in terms of graphics and performance. As I've said, I have a i5 and one 680 and my games look better than what was produced on the ps4 demo.
well ok i see ur point not trying to go at u sideways just saying how consoles and pc have the positives and negatives.
 5 years ago '04        #46
kulabear 23 heat pts23
space
space
$10,754 | Props total: 1383 1383
 genobee said:

You were saying?
 04-09-2013, 06:49 PM         #47
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
did they mean less than a high end pc? because it's using medium end pc tech

oh but I forgot about the facebook button my bad
 5 years ago '10        #48
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
OP has always been correct.

PC's usually have ridiculous specs compared to consoles. This is generally to compensate for plethora of issues such as memory and processing bottlenecks from what is actually on-board to the graphics card itself.

Then games have to consider the overhead required by the operating system. Epic games mentioned that most PC developers are handicapped compared to next gen consoles. This is simply because most computers (even gaming rigs) have 32-bit OS's (can't use more than 3.5-4 GB of RAM).

Finally, there's a bottleneck caused by the actual PC market itself, which OP touches on to some degree. Devs can't optimize their games to a specific PC configuration. Everyone has different graphic cards, brands of memory, processors, all of which vary on a massive scale. All of the game code has to be very broad and generic in which every piece of hardware can translate and understand.

With game consoles? None of this is a problem at all. The more specific devs are, consoles can ouput some serious firepower in return. Devs can take advantage of a console to full capacity, while this isn't possible for a PC. They'd get about 70-80% at best.

PC gamers just look at raw numbers and brag becuase they dropped a sh*tload of cash on it. I don't blame them, but I don't consider them to be geniuses either.

Last edited by Hovi Bryant; 04-09-2013 at 06:58 PM..
 04-09-2013, 06:57 PM         #49
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 One Gud Cide said:
did they mean less than a high end pc? because it's using medium end pc tech

oh but I forgot about the facebook button my bad
Facebook button?

[pic - click to view]

GAME CHANGER
 5 years ago '07        #50
genobee 21 heat pts21
space
space
 Willbeatz said:

You were saying?
What are you trying to show me?? No detail specs was given other than its a 64 bit system with 8gbs of ram...

Most of those demo's are cut scenes and the ones with game-play don't look better than what is produced on a gaming PC.
 5 years ago '12        #51
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$20,948 | Props total: 16931 16931
 PhI|0z0pH3r said:

Thats why Sony took Linux out from the PS3.

This a console motherfu*ker
The OG PS3 was so dope...the linux sh*t, all the ports for pluggin sh*t into it an what not

Then they just started stripping all that sh*t off and out the console. But we don't talk about that sh*t
 5 years ago '10        #52
space
space
 genobee said:
What are you trying to show me?? No detail specs was given other than its a 64 bit system with 8gbs of ram...

Most of those demo's are cut scenes and the ones with game-play don't look better than what is produced on a gaming PC.
Considering that the PS4 is using a mid range GPU, locked at either 720-1080p resolutions;

I'm sure that it would perform better than a PC with the same specs.

Not only that, it would be on par graphically with high end PC's at the same resolutions.

I find it amazing some studios are hitting 30FPS at 1080p, given that most PS4 developers are working with incomplete hardware and had no clue of using a full 8GB of DDR5 memory.
 5 years ago '07        #53
genobee 21 heat pts21
space
space
 Hovi Bryant said:

PC's usually have ridiculous specs compared to consoles. This is generally to compensate for plethora of issues such as memory and processing bottlenecks from what is actually on-board to the graphics card itself.

Then games have to consider the overhead required by the operating system. Epic games mentioned that most PC developers are handicapped compared to next gen consoles. This is simply because most computers (even gaming rigs) have 32-bit OS's (can't use more than 3.5-4 GB of RAM).

Finally, there's a bottleneck caused by the actual PC market itself, which OP touches on to some degree. Devs can't optimize their games to a specific PC configuration. Everyone has different graphic cards, brands of memory, processors, all of which vary on a massive scale. All of the game code has to be very broad and generic in which every piece of hardware can translate and understand.

With game consoles? None of this is a problem at all. The more specific devs are, consoles can ouput some serious firepower in return. Devs can take advantage of a console to full capacity, while this isn't possible for a PC. They'd get about 70-80% at best.

PC gamers just look at raw numbers and brag becuase they dropped a sh*tload of cash on it. I don't blame them, but I don't consider them to be geniuses either.
With all the problems that PC has, show me a concole game that looks better and perform better on console as opposed to PC.
 04-09-2013, 07:10 PM         #54
Apostrophe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hovi Bryant said:

I find that very hard to believe. I didn't even get into pc gaming until 2 years ago yet every pc I've owned since windows XP days has been 64bit. To be honest I didn't even know 32bit os's still existed. I find it hard to believe that they are as prevalent as you claim.
 5 years ago '04        #55
Youngporter 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,833 | Props total: 435 435
It used to be that xbox stans used to annoy me. But I gotta admit,
 5 years ago '04        #56
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,594 | Props total: 1013 1013
 Apostrophe said:
I find that very hard to believe. I didn't even get into pc gaming until 2 years ago yet every pc I've owned since windows XP days has been 64bit. To be honest I didn't even know 32bit os's still existed. I find it hard to believe that they are as prevalent as you claim.
I was waiting for someone to say this. My wife's piece of sh*t PC that can't run anything came with a 64 bit version of Windows.
 5 years ago '10        #57
space
space
 genobee said:
With all the problems that PC has, show me a concole game that looks better and perform better on console as opposed to PC.
You won't unless you go back to the early 2000's.

Consoles had bottlenecks of their own for developers.

They've always used custom CPU architectures from the beginning. The only exception would be the original Xbox, which is virtually a desktop PC with a custom graphics chip on board.

Current gen consoles have the most extreme bottlenecks for developers. Microsoft adopted the custom chip philosophy of console makers before them. Sony went a step further and produced the most complex chip ever, and Nintendo had the weakest of all of them.

So just like PC's...third part devs had to dumb down their game code for each console to translate. The PS3 complicated things again with 512MB of memory being split right down the middle.

Next gen consoles won't have any of that since the Xbox and PS4 will use an x64 based CPU. Devs can simply develop the game on a PC, easily port it over and further optimize the product, maximizing results.

PC hardware will always have the flexibility of playing on higher resolutions, but as far as 1080p res gaming goes? They're on par next gen.
 5 years ago '10        #58
space
space
 Apostrophe said:
As long as Windows exists in both 64 and 32 bit configurations, I think it's a safe bet.

Only a handful of games were optimized for 64 bit machines 3 years ago.

If Epic games is still harping on this issue, then it's quite relevant.

Last edited by Hovi Bryant; 04-09-2013 at 07:33 PM..
 04-09-2013, 07:54 PM         #59
Se7en 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This entire thread is tl;dr
 5 years ago '05        #60
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,615 | Props total: 13676 13676
 Hovi Bryant said:
This is simply because most computers (even gaming rigs) have 32-bit OS's (can't use more than 3.5-4 GB of RAM).
Did this dude really say that most gaming rigs are using 32-bit operating systems?

Which one of ya'll dudes out there just built an expensive system and loaded it with Windows XP SP3?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
14 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
13 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
70 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
45 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy