Ps4 isn't just a high end pc

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
29 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
100 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
269 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
74 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #1
7688 pageviews
167 comments

link04 87 heat pts87
space
space
$12,631 | Props total: 3953 3953
Ps4 isn't just a high end pc

Guerrilla Games’ technical director Michiel Van Der Leeuw has dismissed the notion that PS4 is little more than a high-end PC, suggesting that those describing the console that way are ‘trolls’ and ‘fanboys’.

Speaking in an interview to be published in E253, on sale Thursday, Van Der Leeuw explained that his studio was heavily involved in the creation of PS4’s arcitecture, and while it might be more PC-like than its predecessor, it is still very much a games console.

Referring to those calling PS4 a PC in a fancier box, he said: “That’s difficult because people are trolling, right. What do you say to a troll? You don’t feed the trolls, that’ll make them grow.”

“I mean, it has always been a piece of high-end hardware that we put in a box, we find exactly the right components that complement each other and make a really good gaming experience. This is exactly the same thing – it is a console. The fact that the best pieces of hardware are also devised from, or optimised versions of, the stuff we find in PCs doesn’t make it any less a console. I can imagine if you find people with a vested interest to say PC gaming has won, they will find lots of great arguments in the fact that we use some of the same parts. But you know that’s just fanboys on the internet, I guess.”

Van Der Leeuw went on to explain the differences between PS4 and a high-powered PC. “A PC is a number of parts which also has bridges in between where there are inefficiencies that may not be exactly the right match. We’ve got the right amount of memory, video card, everything balanced out. I know it was a very conscious effort to make sure that, with the speed of the memory, the amount of compute units, the speed of the hard-drive that we put in, that there would not be any bottlenecks. So the amount of pixel-pushers that you have, the amount of memory, the speed of your compute units make sure that you don’t hit any of the weakspots of the hardware.”

This balancing of PS4’s architecture and the use of complementary components make it simpler to work with, said Van Der Leeuw. “Whereas if you have a PC very often your buffs, or your express buffs are very slow compared to your video RAM which is GDDR5 and your main RAM then is even slower than that, but you compensate by sticking buffers in there… there’s a lot of things to contemplate in the fact that it is a replaceable-parts architecture. This [PS4] is where all of the parts are designed to work together, naturally.”

He added that Guerrilla was part of a constant iteration process with PS4′s innards. Guerrilla made at least five different major changes to the graphics chip, CPU and on the bandwidth between the different components, to define and then eliminate any disruption in performance.

“I think it was for more than a year that we knew the main ingredients and there was just discussion after discussion trying to find a bottleneck,” he added. “We actually had parts of both k!llzone 3 and very early k!llzone 4 art a.ssets running through simulators to try to find out how it would behave on our speculative hardware that didn’t exist – trying to find bottlenecks in the hardware that we could fix before we could even think about the chip.”

You can read more about how the k!llzone studio shaped Sony’s next console in the new issue of Edge magazine, on sale Thursday. You can buy or subscribe to Edge magazine in print, on iPad, on Google Play and through Zinio.

source: visit this link PS4 isn't just a high-end PC, says Guerrilla Games | News | Edge Online

pc gamers, im curious what your rebuttal will be now..

167 comments for "Ps4 isn't just a high end pc"

5 years ago '06        #2
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
My Ignore list will be high once the new consoles drop.
 04-09-2013, 03:18 PM         #3
Cya Nerd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 5 years ago '07        #4
CadillacVyse 944 heat pts944
space
space
$27,679 | Props total: 16973 16973
 Higgins said:
It will be that the title should be "The ps4 isnt even a high end pc"
 5 years ago '06        #5
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
PS4

like a high end pc, but with better games
 5 years ago '05        #6
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,660 | Props total: 13769 13769
 Higgins said:
It will be that the title should be "The ps4 isnt even a high end pc"
 5 years ago '04        #7
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
First fu*king page.
 5 years ago '04        #8
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '12        #9
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,074 | Props total: 17408 17408

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #10
kulabear 23 heat pts23
space
space
$10,764 | Props total: 1396 1396
And it starts again....

Da Ill One said:

[pic - click to view]

Just close this thread.
 5 years ago '13        #11
Vercetti 62 heat pts62
space
space
$5,276 | Props total: 4731 4731
It used to be that xbox stans used to annoy me. But I gotta admit, PC fanboys are taking their crown as the most annoying mofos.

04-09-2013, 05:06 PM         #12
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Vercetti said:
It used to be that xbox stans used to annoy me. But I gotta admit, PC fanboys are taking their crown as the most annoying mofos.

umadbro?

As for a rebuttal, why? It's barely mid-range PC
 5 years ago '04        #13
D. Norman 6 heat pts
space
space
$14,888 | Props total: 2043 2043
^troll

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '13        #14
Vercetti 62 heat pts62
space
space
 IronMaiden said:
umadbro?

As for a rebuttal, why? It's barely mid-range PC
The PS4 is more than a high end PC bruh. There is no PC out there right now that can compete with the PS4. In terms of exclusive games.

But don't let the truth sway these PC heads. They'll believe what the heck want to. They are the "master race" after all.

5 years ago '04        #15
D. Norman 6 heat pts
space
space
$14,888 | Props total: 2043 2043
 Vercetti said:
The PS4 is more than a high end PC bruh. There is no PC out there right now that can compete with the PS4.

But don't let the truth sway these PC heads. They'll believe what the heck want to. They are the "master race" after all.

Master as in awkwardly social
 04-09-2013, 05:14 PM         #16
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 D. Norman said:
^troll

[pic - click to view]

Yeah i am totally a troll, i know my high end PC runs everything at 720p/30fps like this super high end PS4.

oh wait my PC runs everything at 3840×2160 60fp maxed out. Sony fanboys MAAAAAD.
 5 years ago '05        #17
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,660 | Props total: 13769 13769
 Vercetti said:
The PS4 is more than a high end PC bruh. There is no PC out there right now that can compete with the PS4. In terms of exclusive games.

He had to add "in terms of exclusives" at the end to even make that half way believable.
 5 years ago '04        #18
kontrast 
space
space
space
$1,949 | Props total: 157 157
The ignorance is astounding. A current high end PC will crush the PS4. Now if you wanna talk about games specifically developed for the PS4 to highlight it's features then yes they will look "high end". If you take those games and port them over to the high end PC then the PC will win every single time.
 04-09-2013, 05:16 PM         #19
Cya Nerd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 IronMaiden said:
Yeah i am totally a troll, i know my high end PC runs everything at 720p/30fps like this super high end PS4.

oh wait my PC runs everything at 3840×2160 60fp maxed out.

#masterrace
 5 years ago '13        #20
Vercetti 62 heat pts62
space
space
 D. Norman said:
Master as in awkwardly social
Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
75 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
111 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
115 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
124 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
116 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy