Ten Health Benefits of Cold Showers

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
194 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
129 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
49 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '09        #21
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,063 | Props total: 1092 1092
 J_Duece said:
You have studies that disproves this my son?
Metabolism is increased by lean body mass and slowed down by prolonged dieting at a calorie deficit. This is why some people choose to do a 'reverse diet' after they've had a long cut instead of jumping right into a bulk in order to repair their damage metabolism and not put on alot of fat very quickly which they are prone to do.

Basically what I'm saying is a cold shower isn't enough to impact your metabolism so the benefit of taking a cold shower in hopes of increasing weight loss is worthless

Ghost Writer said:
Shut the fu*k up you fat wrestling nerd.

I've been a cold shower convert for almost 2 years now and not only can I say the benefits are real but I've read more than enough medical literature to back them up as well.
The only benefit I'm willing to agree with is for recovery but unless you're some type of athlete who trains every day intensely I don't see the point in taking one. This is why alot of MMA guys take ice baths. If you train 3x a week with rest days there's no need to take one. And I wanna f!ght you btw

Ghost Writer said:
One thing cold showers are beneficial for, that this article doesn't directly mention, is an increase in Testosterone.
Do you really think a small temporary increase in testosterone is going to make any difference in anything?
 5 years ago '07        #22
PowerBar Ernie 107 heat pts107
space
space
$5,894 | Props total: 1205 1205
 g+0ddJoB said:
Okay but I posted better article on cold showers a long time ago.
like we gonna be lookin for that
 5 years ago '09        #23
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,063 | Props total: 1092 1092
 Ghost Writer said:
Your on 1 side of 2 extremes. Obviously you can't just take a cold shower and start shedding fat lol.

However, your logic is like saying you wouldn't do something that isn't that big of deal to make money because it's only a little bit of money. An increase is an increase and if you were a real man a cold shower wouldn't be that big of a deal to you.

Oh and f!ght me f*ggot. But know....

I don't wrestle, I'll knock your f*ggot a.ss the fu*k out....
The test and metabolism boost you're boasting about is TEMPORARY and is the equivalent of sucking d!ck for nickles and dimes only to give that very small amount of money to your fu*king pimp because that money was TEMPORARY and gave you no long term increase in wealth. You fu*king idiot

Last edited by Zaosyn; 04-09-2013 at 04:00 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #24
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
space
$20,051 | Props total: 26 26
usually shower under medium water if that makes sense, then the last couple minutes put it on cold white screaming lord have mercy
 5 years ago '13        #25
Thetinman 24 heat pts24
space
space
$2,758 | Props total: 49 49
Man Ghost Writer is on it... good lookin brother. I remember when the air at my crib stopped working it was too hot for me to take warm/hot showers, so I switched to cold. lol I remember the first time I did it I just turned the nob to cold and jumped in I think everybody in my building heard me yelling, but after a while it got better my body was cool, I wasn't as irritated, and I could breath better. About a week in I was hooked, I still take warm/hot showers every now and then. but for the most part i mess with cold showers.

Plus It made s3x with my girl ten times better. I can speak from experience cold showers are very beneficial on a number of things.
 5 years ago '06        #26
RaulG 
space
space
space
$1,320 | Props total: 311 311
Pseudoscience at its best. The studies are very weak in terms of causation, and nothing is even close to definitive. One of the cited pieces used 10 students from one university in Prague. The other paper seems to just be a hypothesis discussion based on the data of others, and no real claims are made.

If you like taking cold showers, go for it. The articles she cites at the end don't even come close to supporting what she writes.
Just started learning this stuff in my psychology class...

Talking about articles exactly like this... just random articles that have a couple sources and their research and experiments are all jacked up...
 5 years ago '07        #27
J_Duece 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,748 | Props total: 875 875
 Zaosyn said:
Metabolism is increased by lean body mass and slowed down by prolonged dieting at a calorie deficit. This is why some people choose to do a 'reverse diet' after they've had a long cut instead of jumping right into a bulk in order to repair their damage metabolism and not put on alot of fat very quickly which they are prone to do.

Basically what I'm saying is a cold shower isn't enough to impact your metabolism so the benefit of taking a cold shower in hopes of increasing weight loss is worthless
I see what you're saying, I didn't believe cold showers to be god send for people looking to lose weight, but I was more interested in the other benefits like making you more energetic, improving circulation and the test boost.
 5 years ago '05        #28
airmcnair06 18 heat pts18
space
space
$6,001 | Props total: 0 0
gonna try this...

when y'all say cold...y'all mean NO hot water whatsoever? Like, not even turned on a little bit? That seems super harsh to me. My hot water doesn't last long where I live so after 15 minutes its colder than you'd like it to be anyway, I do like when that happens, but its not THAT cold, just unfavorable.

gonna start trying today tho
 5 years ago '11        #29
newark4lyfe3 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$363 | Props total: 33 33
5 Health Benefits of Hot Showers

1. Cleaner Pores - Cleaner Skin!

Throughout our day, we come across thousands of toxins, irritants, and dirt particles that lodge themselves under our skin and embed themselves there. They clog up the pores and this results in many terrible things like acne, blackheads, and whiteheads.

When exposed to more heat than usual, the natural response of the skin is to open up its pores (tiny holes in the skin) so that more heat can escape the body. This prevents your body from overheating on a hot summer's day or whilst you're in the shower.

Luckily, this also gives the pores a chance to have all of the gunk that we collected throughout the day to wash away with the running hot water. This will improve your complexion too and give your face a cleaner look. Did you know that we naturally can tell the difference between a clean face and one lodged with dirt?

Having hot showers will leave you and your pores feeling fresh and clean, and that's just number 1!

2. HSP's - A More Resilient Body!

Heat Stress Proteins (HSP's) are like the protectors of our cells against all things stressful. They emerge in great numbers after our bodies have experienced any kind of stress that hasn't resulted in their deaths! This is so that next time, the cells will be better prepared for that particular stress a lot better than the first time. What doesn't k!ll them truly makes them stronger!

Their main stimulus being (hence the name) heat, means that taking hot showers every day will result in the production and maintenance of these extra useful little proteins!

To highlight the importance of these proteins, it's important to note that research has and is continuing to be done on how best to use these proteins to help astronauts stay healthy (prevent muscle atrophy) in low gravity conditions! They are also now being considered in weightlifting regimes.

You might rightly ask: "so why don't our cells just become super strong in the first place?" and the answer is undoubtedly because it takes a lot more resources (i.e. protein) in the diet to maintain these more resilient cells. Evolutionary, we tried to conserve all of our resources because we just didn't know when we would eat again!

With these super proteins only coming out when needed, the body will only become stronger when it has to, hence the need for a stimulus.

In the modern age however, there are many people who can easily afford to buy enough food to manage a higher maintenance, but healthier body. Hopefully, this is you! Reap the benefits that our ancients couldn't!

3. It Relaxes You!

Long day at work? Children being difficult? Stressed with school work?

Why not take 10 minutes out of your busy schedule to stand under a nice, soothing stream of tepid water...

Sounds good? Of course it does! And not just because of my use of positive adjectives either!

It sounds good because we can all appreciate the comfort of warm water on our backs after a tiring day.

This will be one of the key deciders for people who are tackling the question of "cold or hot showers?" A cold shower is simply at the time not a relaxing experience!

4. Relieving Muscular Aches and Speeds Up Recovery

After a marathon, sports competition, or just long day running around from here to there, our muscles require a chance to repair themselves! As well as sleeping, the application of heat to torn and fatigued muscles is vital to the healing process.

This is because heat is necessary for all metabolic reactions (all chemical processes) in our bodies to happen at a reasonable enough rate to do anything useful! As a rule of thumb, increasing the amount of heat will increase the rate of a chemical reaction, so increasing the temperature of your muscles for a while with a hot shower will help them heal faster too!

5. It Builds a Better Body!

Part of releasing copious amounts of Heat Stress Protein (HSP) means that our cells will become better suited to the stress of exercise! Since hot showers prepare our bodies for exercise in this way, it means that the next time we exercise after a hot shower, our cells are more ready to take a punishment. This means a better performance in the gym, school team, or work sports competition!

Whether or not this is due to the fact that exercise creates huge amounts of heat (and stimulates the production of HSP) which can then damage cells or not is unknown.

What is known for sure though is that HSP are indeed produced by heat and do indeed aid metabolic rates and the creation of muscle mass!

In a text conducted on mice (sorry mice!), those that were exposed to heat for an hour a day, had 20% more muscle mass than those who were not!

All in All

All in all I hope I have enlightened you about some of the less known benefits of hot showers! That said however, the more known value of a relaxing hot showers seem to be the ones stopping people from switching to cold showers, which seem to give many better benefits.

As a recap, the benefits of hot showers include:

Cleaner pores
A more resilient body (all round)
Relaxation
Relieving muscular pains and speeding up recovery
Builds a better body
 5 years ago '13        #30
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
Will try this gradually!

I usually take extremely warm showers but am willing to make the change gradually after reading this.

Thanks OP!
 5 years ago '05        #31
blaznfor20 242 heat pts242
space
space
$2,471 | Props total: 51 51
 Goosie McNeen said:
You don't just hop in cold, you slowly turn the cold on during the last few minutes. Your body will gradually adjust.
This from Flames to ice. Feels good as sh*t and make my body feel relaxed
 5 years ago '11        #32
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
Meh, I'll stick to ice baths after workouts. I only shower before I go to bed & a cold shower is not going to help me wind down. I used to take cold showers in the morning in high school but I'm done...
 5 years ago '07        #33
ptwist 43 heat pts43
space
space
$16,090 | Props total: 6290 6290
not to mention it saves on the electric bill too.
 5 years ago '05        #34
blaznfor20 242 heat pts242
space
space
$2,471 | Props total: 51 51
Plus if your sick and your body hurts, jump into a hot shower then before you get out turn it slowly to cold, makes me feel brand new
 5 years ago '05        #35
IGOTSHITTZ 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,077 | Props total: 477 477
 Ghost Writer said:
and then maybe for the last 5 minutes switch to cold. You'll notice when you
The last 5 minutes... How fu*king long do you take showers? How fu*king dirty can a person get to take that long a shower...
 5 years ago '12        #36
PseuDEEnym 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,981 | Props total: 2313 2313
cold showers after a workout >>>>>>>
 04-09-2013, 05:17 PM         #37
*Missy* 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 5 years ago '05        #38
Fresh|B 976 heat pts976
space
space
$43,417 | Props total: 25022 25022
 Goosie McNeen said:
You don't just hop in cold, you slowly turn the cold on during the last few minutes. Your body will gradually adjust.
^This....
 04-09-2013, 05:36 PM         #39
POMP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the secret is both a doctor told me hot water and cold water are great never to hot tho
mostley cold to wakeu up like your mind rejuvinates u...hot water warms up your body good after your done tho is coldwater def makes u feel more refreshed

say u just got fired andu have lost everything well take a warm shower sit and relax think about your life
under the hot warm water
then put the cold on get ready to face life head on,,, have a boxfan blowing right when u get out straight at u and stand and let the chills go across your body nekkid and u will feel aliveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
 5 years ago '07        #40
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,613 | Props total: 2455 2455
i'm goood lol but i'll try to do this more often
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
14 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
13 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Rossí Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
70 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago