imo Joe Budden > Kendrick Lamar

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
76 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
42 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who is the better rapper?
Budden 72 46.45%
Kendrick 83 53.55%
Voters: 155. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #81
D1nOnlyMrM@ 43 heat pts43
space
space
$12,450 | Props total: 1446 1446
 psylence2k said:
I mean Joe did go into a monotonous stage subject matter wise with the mood muzik series but Joe IMO has always been someone who has shown great versatility once before and is capable of doing so again. I dont understand how people can say Kendrick is more versatile

I mean when you look at Joe's debut you had

Club Banger type records:
Pump It Up
Fire
Focus

Introspective Records:
Walk With Me
10 Minutes
Calm Down

Street Records:
Give Me Reason
Pusha Man
Real Life in Rap

Girl Records:
She Wanna Know
Ma Ma Ma

I dont see how Kendrick is more versatile, Joe is capable of doing everything Kendrick can do and more.
its the weird voices, the characters, and people not like budden
 5 years ago '04        #82
space
space
 psylence2k said:
I mean Joe did go into a monotonous stage subject matter wise with the mood muzik series but Joe IMO has always been someone who has shown great versatility once before and is capable of doing so again. I dont understand how people can say Kendrick is more versatile

I mean when you look at Joe's debut you had

Club Banger type records:
Pump It Up
Fire
Focus

Introspective Records:
Walk With Me
10 Minutes
Calm Down

Street Records:
Give Me Reason
Pusha Man
Real Life in Rap

Girl Records:
She Wanna Know
Ma Ma Ma

Dont forget the Funny record
pr0no star

I dont see how Kendrick is more versatile, Joe is capable of doing everything Kendrick can do and more.
its the weird voices, the characters, and people not like budden
 5 years ago '04        #83
space
space
 Thetinman said:
Thats what im saying, I love Kendrick's music, but dude ain't put in enough work to even compare. Fans are still in that honeymoon phase. We can talk after the iron cools down.
he hasnt hit his downfall stage. i remember when people use to ask who is better, papoose or budden, and i was like... damn... i like both but joe got an album out and papoose does only mixtape songs. then pap was on that touch it remix and people were sayin budden would never eclipse that.

joe's mixtapes dont even sound like mixtape songs, they sound like... timeless music
 5 years ago '12        #84
Mr Fujaveli 36 heat pts36
space
space
$23,441 | Props total: 12803 12803
yup, and it ain't even close
 5 years ago '12        #85
genocidecutter 25 heat pts25
space
space
$576 | Props total: 95 95
Nope.
 5 years ago '04        #86
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,799 | Props total: 1814 1814
 Ghost Writer said:
Joe's my favorite rapper but Kendrick is by far the more artistically creative and diverse MC.
creative maybe if you're talking about metaphorical concepts but how is he more diverse ??
 5 years ago '05        #87
damien1928 32 heat pts32
space
space
$4,320 | Props total: 2736 2736
Mood music 2 >>>>>
 5 years ago '04        #88
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 Ghost Writer said:
He can rap on almost any type of beat.

He can be a feature on almost anyone's song and have the best verse no matter what type of song.

He can do mainstream very well (joey can't)

He can do underground.

He can do trap rap, pop rap, grimey rap.

etc.

but Budden can do all of this as well

I dont agree with that Kendrick can have the best verse on anyone's song, you're riding him a little hard there. Only Top 5 GOATs have this kind of capability and even saying that about one of them would be somewhat controversial.

Kendrick might k!ll most people on their own song nowadays because there's really not any dope lyricists left in the game (at least ones in their prime).

As far as the whole "he can do mainstream very well" . Budden had huge mainstream success with Pump It up and even a little with Fire. His album went Gold.

If Kendrick had a handful of number one singles and a multi platinum album already I could understand that comparison but even with the Aftermath/Interscope machine behind him he's not had THAT much more success in an era where artists like him have more lanes open and empty.
 5 years ago '04        #89
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 Ghost Writer said:
Yes he can but not as well.

What I meant more so was that he can rap on any TYPE of rappers song and make it hot. Obviously there are certain MCs that I believe would spit a better verse if they were on the same song (Joe for 1).

Cmon man, even you have to admit you were reaching slightly on this one. Kendrick has had more mainstream success in 2 years than Joey has his whole career. We all know what Kendrick sold is much more impressive than Joey going gold considering the climate.

But he does have a handful of singles. Also, you expecting him to have a multi platinum album isn't fair. We all know what he sold is as impressive as it gets today.

I think Budden does the different styles better IMO.

I mean his debut was more versatile than Kendrick's and almost all the songs were dope IMO. So that's why I dont understand how you can say he's not good at being versatile or that Kendrick is ALOT more versatile.

and Kendrick has only sold 800,000 or something this far right ?? He'll definitely go plat, but he's held that "West Coast savior" title and hype for so long , that with the Dre cosign and Interscope push does a hell of alot for you, Game sold around 3 million off it.
 5 years ago '12        #90
DireWolf07 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,759 | Props total: 1007 1007
Smh I fu*ks wit Joeys music too but..
 5 years ago '04        #91
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 Ghost Writer said:
Yeah I mean listen, it's hard for me to go against Joey in any regard considering he's my personal GOAT. I'm not one of those people that get's heated when people share different opinions musically. I don't even hold your opinion in any lower regard than mine.

At the end of the day, that all they are, opinions.

Again, however, it's simply not fair to compare Kendrick's record sales to Games or anyone else's in or around the golden years of hip-hop (or record sales in general).

I would say, adjusting for change of times, Kendrick's sales were as successful as you can get for a debut. Probably the same level as a 50 or Game IMO.
As far as 50 or Game go sales wise (3-5 million domestic sales) , I think someone comparable in this age would be like Drake or Wayne ( 2-3 million) moreso than Kendrick. Drake's debut would be something more comparable IMO.

You have to also have to consider Joe came out in an era where G-Unit ran the rap game and everyone wanted to hear street records. IMO the game now is definitely more open to pretty much anything.

I think the interscope push definitely benefited Kendrick though with the Dre co sign. I remember for years before he dropped people thought he would never do any major numbers because of his voice and flow, they said he just wasn't suited for mainstream. That's where the machine came in and helped him IMO.

Joe came out and did like 63k first week but still ended up hitting Gold which says alot about the album since it grinded its' way there.

I truly believe Kendrick's second album will be more telling of his true worth, since like you or someone else already said, people are still in their "honeymoon" phase with him.

Last edited by psylence2k; 04-08-2013 at 02:53 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #92
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,808 | Props total: 1192 1192
Mm2>>>>>gkmc
 5 years ago '11        #93
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
 Get Wrecked said:
Lyrically, yes. But GKMC will age into a classic. MM2 won't.
MM2 is already a classic
 04-08-2013, 03:17 PM         #94
twt88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Both n*ggas is >>> since they on that INterscope Shady sh*t . KD and 50 >>> for clowning f*g bi*ch on WE UP . Calling f*g bi*chES from Vegas broke and homeless is LOL
 04-08-2013, 03:30 PM         #95
JayDee11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 norcal925 said:
MM2 is already a classic

A classic where you have to be a die hard fan to even name two songs without google.... Ridiculous...
 5 years ago '09        #96
Vos 2 heat pts
space
space
$903 | Props total: 0 0
 JayDee11 said:

A classic where you have to be a die hard fan to even name two songs without google.... Ridiculous...
'classic' status is purely dependent on quality, not popularity.
 5 years ago '11        #97
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
Quality>>>>>influence.

Carter 3 also had a lot of influence, is that a classic?
 5 years ago '10        #98
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
 Vos said:

Some people still don't get this.
 04-08-2013, 03:44 PM         #99
JayDee11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Vos said:

Quality music is subjective. This means that the labeling of quality or classic is dependent on the music becoming memorable, in a positive light, to people. Tell me a bonafide classic that doesn't have atleast a handful of songs that last the test of time amongst the people. I'll wait.....
 5 years ago '08        #100
returnofthemack 2 heat pts
space
space
$740 | Props total: 2 2
 Andre3stacks said:
Section 80 and GKMC is better than any Budden album tho.

This n*gga said "Section 80" > "GKMC"

Who cares which is better when they both knock HARD AS fu*k, one made you listen to the other. The first always seems better than the second, you make the discovery and then you raise the bar!

Cats use the same argument with K.R.I.T and I laugh because "Live From the Underground" knocks!!!! They act like "Returnof4eva" is head and shoulders above it!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kojima explains death stranding gameplay and lore
21 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
154 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy