Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
78 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
41 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
56 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
135 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #1
9778 pageviews
113 comments

SomeOnesoN 202 heat pts202
space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 1270 1270
Bernstein: Derrick Rose Not Doing His Job

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/04/07/bernstein-derrick-rose-not-doing-his-job/

(CBS) It seems we have been asking the wrong questions of Derrick Rose.

Instead of “How are you feeling today?”, “When do you think you will be able to come back?” and “Are you making any progress?”, we should have him answer this:

Why are you refusing to continue your rehabilitation, per instruction from the team doctor? After being a model patient for months, why did you choose to stop the program at its most important time?

Rose has been green-lighted for nearly two months now, yet insists on remaining sidelined. He scrimmaged at full speed on February 18th, and the Bulls a.ssumed – mistakenly — that he would heed the prescription from Dr. Brian Cole to complete his recovery by playing in games soon after that point.

Sources say the team was surprised and disappointed by Rose’s uncharacteristic reluctance, and decided a month ago to remind him privately of the agreed-upon timetable that included a return to the court when cleared medically. They also leaked an internet story that indicated that the Bulls expected him to play in mid-March.

This was taken as an insult by the Rose camp, despite their campaign afterward to deny that fact. The Bulls believed then that they said what they needed to say, and did not plan to further urge their star via any channels.

But it’s four weeks later, and Rose still will not complete his rehab.

Some have speculated that he and his advisors do not trust the team medical staff, but we would know it by now if he had sought outside medical counsel that provided any kind of actual diagnosis conflicting with what he has currently. Somebody close to him would have wanted to put that out there, if a valid second opinion existed.

Other pie-in-the-sky hypotheses involved Adidas-controlled conspiracies of multiple permutations, a quasi-holdout to protest the lack of improvement around him, and a complex explanation involving Sam Giancana, the Illuminati, the Federal Reserve System, the Priory of Sion, and alternative subtexts intended by Stanley Kubrick in “The Shining.”image

The whole episode makes less sense with each passing day. Over the weekend, Rose debunked the idea that he was waiting to return until he could play full starter’s minutes, telling reporters: “I’m going to play whenever I’m ready. I don’t care if it’s 15 or 40 (minutes).”

He also made yet another reference to the role of the supernatural in his comeback, saying that he has been “just waiting, just praying about it.” This after his repeated insistence that “Nobody knows but God,” “Only God knows,” and “It’s in God’s hands.”

Actually, his knee was trusted to the hands of Dr. Cole. If the time has come to stop obeying him and instead listen to some invisible sky-being, then he should have the latter repair the torn ligament next time. Do a laying-on of hands, light some candles and hope for the best. No more silly medicine for him like reconstructive surgery, if higher powers of healing have taken over the job.

As was noted in this space previously, it was explained to Rose that real game action is the final, critical stage of rehab, and the period during which one’s return to previous form accelerates. Anyone pointing to the 12-month window must know that the doctors’ initial estimation included such games.

Rose owes his bosses better, now. The Bulls have every incentive to want the best for his health for both the short and long term, and are taking the high road in allowing an employee to reject a team medical plan on his own whim. To be sure, nobody benefits from a hard standoff.

He can pray all he wants for some kind of sign that it’s time, but that very thing was presented to him directly a while back and it looks like he’d rather ignore it.

113 comments for "Bernstein: Derrick Rose Not Doing His Job"

5 years ago '05        #2
Lobo please 30 heat pts30
space
space
$5,943 | Props total: 1839 1839
every injury is different, he's been pressured to coming when he needs to strengthen his mind first.
 5 years ago '11        #3
Kobane 163 heat pts163
space
space
$15,105 | Props total: 2320 2320

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #4
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,785 | Props total: 4899 4899
Curious if he looks at that roster and realizes that a return to the court would mean a return to having to carry them. Having to play 40+ minutes a night. He probably feels he wouldn't be given the opportunity to ease back into it.

Not be able to play 25 minutes a night for a month or so before being to able to be his old self. The Bulls have always been in a playoff race. Remain competitive every night against every one. Rose would have to get back to his old self real quickly and I don't think he can do that without a month or two under his belt. Something I don't think the Bulls could have afforded to give him during the last 1/4 of the season.

Last edited by iggyemu; 04-07-2013 at 10:23 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #5
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
Them paychecks still coming in though
 5 years ago '07        #6
timdog 921 heat pts921
space
space
$30,491 | Props total: 14998 14998
 iggyemu said:
Curious if he looks at that roster and realizes that a return to the court would mean a return to having to carry them. Having to play 40+ minutes a night. He probably feels he wouldn't be given the opportunity to ease back into it.

Not be able to play 25 minutes a night for a month or so before being to able to be his old self. The Bulls have always been in a playoff race. Remain competitive every night against every one. Rose would have to get back to his old self real quickly and I don't think he can do that without a month or two under his belt. Something I don't think the Bulls could have afforded to give him during the last 1/4 of the season.
the bulls made the playoffs without him so he wouldnt have to carry them

dont blame him for not rushing back
 5 years ago '06        #7
jj01 
space
space
$44,961 | Props total: 4682 4682
this sh*ts getting old already, he should just make the statement that he's going to come back next year so they can get their minds right for the offs.
 5 years ago '04        #8
ShaDoW1 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,038 | Props total: 1270 1270
im so tired of us bx posters and overall journalists talking about this, the only people that matter are derrick rose and the bulls...unless he came back 100% right after the all start break we werent winning it all this year anyway, so at this point i would much rather him come back next year
 5 years ago '05        #9
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,785 | Props total: 4899 4899
 timdog said:
the bulls made the playoffs without him so he wouldnt have to carry them

dont blame him for not rushing back
I don't either. I am just trying to figure out if what's in that article is true...why is he not back? The article lays it all on him. And I don't think thats fair.
 5 years ago '07        #10
timdog 921 heat pts921
space
space
$30,491 | Props total: 14998 14998
 iggyemu said:
I don't either. I am just trying to figure out if what's in that article is true...why is he not back? The article lays it all on him. And I don't think thats fair.
i think some people want to rush him which isnt fair on his part

it hasnt been a year yet since the injury and seeing the bulls made him the franchise gotta protect that he the only one who know if he ready to play
 5 years ago '05        #11
dahabi 90 heat pts90
space
space
$10,759 | Props total: 1240 1240
While I don't blame him for wanting to wait it out for precautionary measures, I'm shocked that he's doing it. You're a superstar in the league, recently won league MVP...all roads basically point to you playing the team that prevented you from getting to the nba finals your last full playoff appearance...you've been medically cleared to play for nearly 2 months and you don't feel any fire at all?
 04-07-2013, 11:05 PM         #12
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this n*gga hasn't got an second opinion yet

they better call dr.andrews asap
 04-07-2013, 11:10 PM         #13
luker1920 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
MONEY over everythang
 5 years ago '04        #14
Budala 418 heat pts418
space
space
$12,323 | Props total: 1297 1297

[video - click to view]

mental midget
 5 years ago '09        #15
Axl Rose 21 heat pts21
space
space
$23,393 | Props total: 5103 5103
hes got a kid, fiancee, 300+ mill and a home in LA....its nothing to work for anymore
 04-08-2013, 04:12 PM         #16
Infamous B 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how many of you n*ggas tore your ACL before?

bruh doesn't want to spend the rest of his days in a fu*king wheelchair.

u blame him?
 04-08-2013, 04:13 PM         #17
Infamous B 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Poohdini said:
hes got a kid, fiancee, 300+ mill and a home in LA....its nothing to work for anymore
simple as that breh

5 years ago '07        #18
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,389 | Props total: 13051 13051
 Infamous B said:
how many of you n*ggas tore your ACL before?

bruh doesn't want to spend the rest of his days in a fu*king wheelchair.

u blame him?
wow
 5 years ago '07        #19
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
bernstein is the epitome of troll..i wanna punch him in the face
 5 years ago '10        #20
Pop-N-Fresh 19 heat pts19
space
space
$5,941 | Props total: 3034 3034
Knee injuries aint nothin to play with. That how he hurt himself the 2nd time. I dont fuk with D Rose but I know how that shyt can be. Confidence is shot to hell. And making sure there isnt a 3rd time is the most important thing right now.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
151 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
75 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
153 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
225 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
18 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
114 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
102 comments
19 hours ago