46 Million Gamers Potentially Already Use An "Always-On" Xbox

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
251 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
154 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
125 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #81
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,749 | Props total: 1557 1557
 Da Ill One said:
but they aren't always on...

the rumor is saying that the next xbox (and possibly PS 4) REQUIRE you to be online connected to even play SINGLE PLAYER GAMES...the 360 doesn't require this so those Xbox Live Gold subscriber's aren't essentially already using an d"Always Online" system...whoever wrote this article is an idiot...horrible comparison
pretty much

LAwLB15 said:
this is def. not a deal breaker for me

only thing im worried about is BC

no BC then gaming PC it is

dont fu*k me M$
always online is a definite deal brealker for me especially when I have an alternative that bypasses it completely (ps4) my gripe with it is you don't it the game if its DRM basically when M$ stops supporting the system the games and your investment goes down the toilet theres no way and hell my library would be anything pass 5 or 10 games if i got this thing if that

THIS IS A TERRIBLE IDEA DONT DO IT M$

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 04-06-2013 at 11:56 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #82
OceanSpray 
space
space
$139 | Props total: 53 53

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #83
GST 
space
space
$14,827 | Props total: 2394 2394
 Jago said:
Your comparisons have got to be the stupidest statements I've read on Boxden all day. Good job.
comparison made sense to me..since you're so smart plz explain why it doesn't
 5 years ago '08        #84
RoyaL CraCk 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,908 | Props total: 1886 1886
:hillwhoa:
 04-07-2013, 01:56 AM         #85
WMYakballzWM 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
all i care about is if the gamertag will carry over with my score and games ive played still visible to see
 5 years ago '07        #86
Jago 1030 heat pts1030 OP
space
space
space
$3,755 | Props total: 5437 5437
 GST said:
Since you're so smart, please highlight the post where I said his stupid comparison didn't make sense? Just because his comparison is stupid, doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.

Since you're so smart, why don't you ask the other people in this thread that felt the same way I did about his stupid comparison? I wasn't the only who saw it as stupid.
 5 years ago '12        #87
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$20,963 | Props total: 16982 16982
 WMYakballzWM said:
all i care about is if the gamertag will carry over with my score and games ive played still visible to see
That all carried over from OG Xbox Live to the 360s service didn't it? I play under a gamertag now, but I still have my OG Xbox gamertag from the first day Xbox live came out

sh*t I st ill got my MSN Email and handle from when Microsofts FIRST online videogame service(The Zone) popped off back in the mid 90s....got damn im old
 5 years ago '05        #88
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,868 | Props total: 20869 20869
 GST said:
Just because you're a Netflix member, it doesn't mean you need to watch movies or tv shows 24/7.. Just like if you own a game console, it doesn't mean you need to play games 24/7.

Stupid is as stupid does, and that was a stupid fu*king comment. Anyone backing it is just as stupid.

Simple as that. Does your remedial brain understand the simple concept now?
 5 years ago '04        #89
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
space
$19,395 | Props total: 4283 4283
The biggest deal about this is if their xbox live network goes down, your fu*ked
 5 years ago '12        #90
Pleasure Boy 1256 heat pts1256
space
space
$10,008 | Props total: 4956 4956
what bothers me the most is there will be no more lan gaming, which is something that i still do, have people come to your house and play a Halo campaign or Gears... What about sport games? Whats the use of having more than 1 controller if your friends cant join you its not jus about single player campaign games... I might quit gaming if thats the case, im not letting any1 FORCE me to be online for every single game, im still a traditional gamer, i like playing games wit people under 1 roof and talk sh*t while we playing thats fun, if they take that away i'll be forced to look for another hobby
 5 years ago '12        #91
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,611 | Props total: 2125 2125
I dont know how anyone can think its ok to be forced to pay for internet just to play a game that they like. People still play on none hd tvs so im pretty sure people still may not have internet.
 5 years ago '04        #92
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,120 | Props total: 229 229
 LAwLB15 said:
and another thing...

I never knew there are so many people still using ethernet cables

wifi>>>>>
Wifi sucks compared to a GB LAN.
 5 years ago '05        #93
GST 
space
space
$14,827 | Props total: 2394 2394
 Jago said:
Since you're so smart, please highlight the post where I said his stupid comparison didn't make sense? Just because his comparison is stupid, doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.

Since you're so smart, why don't you ask the other people in this thread that felt the same way I did about his stupid comparison? I wasn't the only who saw it as stupid.

I'm smart enough to not need outside help to strengthen my beliefs..not sure how something can make sense BUt also be the dumbest thing ever..you folks exaggerate for effect and that's stupid..something females do

Krazie said:
Just because you're a Netflix member, it doesn't mean you need to watch movies or tv shows 24/7.. Just like if you own a game console, it doesn't mean you need to play games 24/7.

Stupid is as stupid does, and that was a stupid fu*king comment. Anyone backing it is just as stupid.

Simple as that. Does your remedial brain understand the simple concept now?
calm down your anger and try explaining again cuz that made zero sense in relation to what that dude is trying to say

edit: better yet,don't even worry about it cuz you've already proved you only know how to attempt to get your point across thru anger and it aint that serious to me..if it's online then it's online and I'll let yall have the cow for me

Last edited by GST; 04-07-2013 at 09:20 AM..
 04-07-2013, 09:03 AM         #94
THEYOUNGMESSIAH 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if its like that then im not buying it.
 5 years ago '11        #95
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,375 | Props total: 3810 3810
My internet connection aint the greatest, and i never leave my xbox ethernet cable in when im not playing online or updating the system. I cant afford bandwith being sucked away from anything im streaming or downloading on my laptop @ the time (im generally listening to music, or listening/watching a tv show while playing games).

So, Xbox would definitely lose a custy here.

U hear that MICROSOFT!? You're losing a CUSTOMER!

(somebody make sure microsoft gets that)
 5 years ago '07        #96
Mr. Moses 
space
space
$4,418 | Props total: 6 6
Only problem I have is that I just use my neighbor's wifi and the connection ain't that strong and I drop a lot. Not trying to shell out another 50 bucks a month just to play some games
 5 years ago '04        #97
focused313 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,097 | Props total: 1337 1337
1. You can have xbox live and not be connected. I don't always have my xbox plugged into my router or laptop.

2. What if you purchased xbox live at a time where you had the internet, but now you don't, or you moved?

3. My sample size is small, but rarely anyone that I know in the hood, the REAL hood, has the internet. THey don't play online, they play with whomever is in the house. It's the damn trap, somebody is always in the house.

I don't anything to be always on. Everything in my house, except my fridge, is on a timer. Modem, computers, etc... all cut off 30 minutes after I leave for work. They cut back on an hour before I usually return home.
 5 years ago '05        #98
D-ROCK 14 heat pts14
space
space
$533 | Props total: 26 26
both ps3 and xbox 360 sold about 86M or so...so that leaves 40M or 50% half the xbox people in the dark
 5 years ago '05        #99
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,617 | Props total: 13679 13679
 GST said:
I'm smart enough to not need outside help to strengthen my beliefs..not sure how something can make sense BUt also be the dumbest thing ever..you folks exaggerate for effect and that's stupid..something females do

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #100
Jago 1030 heat pts1030 OP
space
space
space
$3,755 | Props total: 5437 5437
 Jayg36 said:
I pay for online service and intentionally turn it off all the time. So the answer to your question is yes
You intentionally call your internet service provider, cancel your service (and possibly pay an ETF) "all the time?" Wow. I guess if you have the money to be dumb, more power to you. Cause I hope you didn't think I meant who turns off their router/wireless connection.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
252 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
32 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
74 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
26 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
235 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
109 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden member addressing PORC & trolling accusations
43 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
92 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy