46 Million Gamers Potentially Already Use An "Always-On" Xbox

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
67 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
93 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
274 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #61
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,645 | Props total: 13748 13748
 Hovi Bryant said:
Paying for Netflix doesn't mean you're always watching a movie on Netflix now...

Paying for Xbox Live doesn't mean you're always playing a game connected to the service.

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #62
Xyrax 
space
space
$2,397 | Props total: 2458 2458
This always on bullsh*t adds NOTHING of value for consumers, while simultaneously taking away options and existing functionality for millions of customers, especially those overseas, and servicemen and women that play games where there are no connections available.

Its fu*king sad to see Microsoft console fanboys rise up and defend this heinous bullsh*t just for the sake of not having the Xbox brand look bad.

This is the type of bullsh*t all gamers should be against. If MS's c*ck is so far lodged down your throat that you won't call this sh*t what it is, then I really can't fu*king respect yall n*ggas man. This sh*t is sad, watching my hobby go to the sh*tter while bi*ch n*ggas and lames defend the sh*t.

I don't fu*k with Sony, but I'm gonna spend next gen playing games on that sh*tty fu*king dual shock because I cant support this sh*t. My fu*king hands already cramping just thinking about that sh*tty a.ss controller...
 04-06-2013, 07:53 PM         #63
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jago said:
All my consoles are constantly connected, even if I'm just playing single player games.
 04-06-2013, 07:54 PM         #64
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Xyrax said:
I don't fu*k with Sony, but I'm gonna spend next gen playing games on that sh*tty fu*king dual shock because I cant support this sh*t. My fu*king hands already cramping just thinking about that sh*tty a.ss controller...
im fu*king
 5 years ago '12        #65
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,762 | Props total: 22144 22144
 Hovi Bryant said:
Paying for Netflix doesn't mean you're always watching a movie on Netflix now...

Paying for Xbox Live doesn't mean you're always playing a game connected to the service.

Hovi Bryant said:
Explain yourself boy.

Microsoft said they won't buy a vaccum if the power might go out.
 Hovi Bryant said:
And microsoft's weren't. Come on boy.

Stop being a Stan.

Hovi Bryant said:
You trippin boy.

Better start explain yourself boy.
 Hovi Bryant said:
n*gga trying to justify the bullsh*t.
 Hovi Bryant said:
Paying for a light bill means I shouldn't buy a vaccum.

Living in a rural area means I shouldn't buy a cell phone.

I mean why would anyone live in a rural area anyway?

come on Krazie, stop stanning.
 Hovi Bryant said:
You're pretty fu*kin naive boy.

Read the angry comments for the plethora of news articles about this sh*t. You'll understand boy.

It's pretty evident Microsoft could re-release the first Xbox and you'd still cop it.

Mostly the entire country has Internet boy.

Some ISP's have data caps, bandwidth caps, high latency, son... The United States is one of the worst rated countries for a reliable Internet connection.

You ever play call of duty online boy? You haven't seen n*ggas laggin with a connection error before? Don't lie to me boy.

Nobody's ready for this sh*t.

Myself? My Xbox is always hard lined to the router. Even then, Comcast does maintenance once in a while.

I just can't tell my boss, "Hey I'm going to be 30 minutes late because Comcast interrupted my gaming session. I'm gonna wait for it come back".

Whatever time is lost with a dropped connection can't simply be won back when you're on other people's clock.

But you don't know sh*t about that boy. You haven't encountered society yet.

I can't.
 04-06-2013, 08:05 PM         #66
Jsinn23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Your Council will all be ONLINE no matter what game you play. This is going to suck for people who have a CAP on their Broadband from services like hughesnet and broadband services with monthly CAPS of upload and download limits. But if thats all that is in your AREA then I guess it will suck because even if your system is idling your still ON THE NET.

04-06-2013, 08:07 PM         #67
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jsinn23 said:

Your Council will all be ONLINE no matter what game you play. This is going to suck for people who have a CAP on their Broadband from services like hughesnet and broadband services with monthly CAPS of upload and download limits. But if thats all that is in your AREA then I guess it will suck because even if your system is idling your still ON THE NET.

[pic - click to view]

04-06-2013, 08:23 PM         #68
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and another thing...

I never knew there are so many people still using ethernet cables

wifi>>>>>
 5 years ago '08        #69
gagethedesigner 16 heat pts16
space
space
$9,744 | Props total: 366 366
 Da Ill One said:
no they won't cut their internet off intentionally... but the rumor for the NEXT XBOX says that an internet connection is REQUIRED... not something you choose to pay for live tor not but REQUIRED to play even single player games... so if your internet goes down for 10 minutes or ten hours or longer...you won't be able to play ANY GAMES on the next xbox single player or multiplayer... on the 360 if your internet goes out for any amount of time you could at least play single player games...that's the difference... those 46 million subscribers don't all only play multiplayer even if they connect to the internet everytime they are on the system...

Let me put it like this for you Xbox stans...

If you're internet goes out on the 720 you can't cross game chat...
So after reading this y'all still don't get it
taking bullets for microsoft when shots aren't even being fired
 5 years ago '08        #70
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,109 | Props total: 23332 23332
 LAwLB15 said:
and another thing...

wifi>>>>>
for online gaming ethernet is better than wifi
 5 years ago '05        #71
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067
space
space
$22,888 | Props total: 5124 5124
If anon has a raid on the servers after release guess who is joining that one...

Id love to join a raid to bring down live for a couple days after release, shiit would be pure jokes. The lulz would be had for generations.
 5 years ago '04        #72
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
$18,672 | Props total: 3263 3263
i've got xbox live and a stable internet connection but not being able to play if i'm not connected to the internet at all times would make me consider buying a playstation for the first time since the original if they dont require you to always be online
 5 years ago '05        #73
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,645 | Props total: 13748 13748
 Andrefrbk said:
If anon has a raid on the servers after release guess who is joining that one...

Id love to join a raid to bring down live for a couple days after release, shiit would be pure jokes. The lulz would be had for generations.
Good luck with that. Xbox Live doesn't use Windows Firewall for protection like PSN does.
 5 years ago '07        #74
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,405 | Props total: 2525 2525
 LicensedLegend said:
That boy sh*t has got me fu*king
I was fu*kin dying reading that sh*t

"Don't lie to me boy."
 04-06-2013, 10:00 PM         #75
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Arson said:
for online gaming ethernet is better than wifi
been using wifi for yrs

never had a problem

I had more problems using those long a.ss ethernet cables
 5 years ago '08        #76
Nut-In-Honeys 10 heat pts10
space
space
$6,027 | Props total: 5814 5814
 Mr Connoisseur said:
just because you have a subscription to something, doesnt mean you always use it.

in other words just because someone might have xbl to play some games online, other times they might not have the ethernet plugged in because its in the tv box, but they still want to play single player games without having to be online..
You watch TV and play a game at the same damn time?

LAwLB15 said:
and another thing...

wifi>>>>>
Lol my place has ethernet ports in every room. Plus 2 in the living room and even 1 in the kitchen.
 5 years ago '04        #77
D1nOnlyMrM@ 43 heat pts43
space
space
$12,451 | Props total: 1446 1446
 The N said:
Dat 3rd console curse...
nintendo had no 3rd console curse
 04-06-2013, 11:01 PM         #78
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jago said:
So you think that someone will pay for an online service and then intentionally cut-off their internet? Obviously, the majority of Gold subscribers play multiplayer-focused games and have decent broadband connections.
I think the concern is that the "always online" aspect to it will come back to fu*k over the gamers, particularly those who maybe don't play online games.

The idea of being required to be online at all times could affect people in ways that maybe you're not considering. What if even on single player games, it is required to check in with the internet to verify that the game isn't a pirated version? And what if your internet goes down for hours or days at a time?

What if your neighborhood is hit with a storm and your internet has gone out for extended times? With the "Always Online" aspect, I think many people are concerned that this would essentially render their gaming console null and void as long as their internet is down, even in the case of single player games with ZERO online playability.

Your comment about signing up for Live and then cancelling your internet is kinda stupid, no offense. IT sounds like something someone would say if they were either intentionally trolling or just blissfully ignorant.
 04-06-2013, 11:07 PM         #79
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this is def. not a deal breaker for me

only thing im worried about is BC

no BC then gaming PC it is

dont fu*k me M$
 5 years ago '07        #80
Jago 1030 heat pts1030 OP
space
space
space
$3,758 | Props total: 5443 5443
 conscious thug said:
I think the concern is that the "always online" aspect to it will come back to fu*k over the gamers, particularly those who maybe don't play online games.

The idea of being required to be online at all times could affect people in ways that maybe you're not considering. What if even on single player games, it is required to check in with the internet to verify that the game isn't a pirated version? And what if your internet goes down for hours or days at a time?

What if your neighborhood is hit with a storm and your internet has gone out for extended times? With the "Always Online" aspect, I think many people are concerned that this would essentially render their gaming console null and void as long as their internet is down, even in the case of single player games with ZERO online playability.

Your comment about signing up for Live and then cancelling your internet is kinda stupid, no offense. IT sounds like something someone would say if they were either intentionally trolling or just blissfully ignorant.
Your whole post is kinda stupid. Considering that I've addressed everything you said already. You probably should have read through the thread before you made a comment. I've already stated numerous times that I would like to be able to use my console if I lose connection for whatever reason. Other than that, I don't mind an "always-on" connection.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
22 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
209 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
63 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy