NFL Todd Todd Todd Mcshay first mock.
48 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
73 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #1
8626 pageviews
145 comments

Jago 1030 heat pts1030
space
space
space
$3,761 | Props total: 5443 5443
46 Million Gamers Potentially Already Use An "Always-On" Xbox

It can be construed that a vocal number of gamers Ė mostly core gamers no doubt Ė are up in arms over the prospect of the next Xbox being always online and potentially utilizing Data Rights Management (DRM) techniques to prevent piracy; but is this as big a deal as what is being purported. This year it has been reported that Xbox Live has over 40 million subscribers who some have paid for a service which the PS3 offers for free, and yet, 40 million plus gamers have still subscribed for whatever reasons and benefits and masses of PSN users connect to the service. Making a.ssumptions here, but for the vast majority of those gamers who are members of Xbox Live, be that those with silver or gold subscriptions would suggest that their current gaming is all about connectivity and not the darker side of what it means to have a console that makes it a requirement.

When we sign into Xbox Live, or PSN being connected is a standard feature and one that we donít even think about, so why is there this huge furor over what the next Xbox will be like. If 46 million gamers are not that bothered and are already connected to the Live service one way or another, then should Microsoft really be that worried about those who are seeing the negatives of an always online console?

Thereís perhaps a lot of rumors and misinformation floating around at the moment regarding the next Xbox considering Microsoft has said nothing of its future plans, but keeping it real, itís obvious Microsoft will be quite smart about how they present the next Xbox. Imagine all those Call of Duty, Halo gamers, and how upset they would be with an always on XboxÖwell itís likely they wonít be because itís no change for them. Microsoft would be very smart to actually turn the ĎAlways Oní situation into a positive by making subscriptions a lot sweeter than the competition. But letís not forget that gamers who indulge in many of the PS4′s features such as Gaikai and the Playstation Network will also require some sort of connection to play ball.

Itís likely the biggest issue surrounding Always On, is necessity, and up until now itís not been an issue with consoles. However, being forced into a situation which isnít that big of a deal for many gamers is probably a catalyst of the overall sentiment than the actual issue itself.
visit this link 46 million gamers potentially already use an always on Xbox - Cramgaming.com

145 comments for "46 Million Gamers Potentially Already Use An "Always-On" Xbox"

5 years ago '04        #2
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4991 4991
but they aren't always on...

the rumor is saying that the next xbox (and possibly PS 4) REQUIRE you to be online connected to even play SINGLE PLAYER GAMES...the 360 doesn't require this so those Xbox Live Gold subscriber's aren't essentially already using an d"Always Online" system...whoever wrote this article is an idiot...horrible comparison
 5 years ago '10        #3
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,732 | Props total: 19629 19629
Jago going ham.
 5 years ago '07        #4
Jago 1030 heat pts1030 OP
space
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
but they aren't always on...

the rumor is saying that the next xbox (and possibly PS 4) REQUIRE you to be online connected to even play SINGLE PLAYER GAMES...the 360 doesn't require this so those Xbox Live Gold subscriber's aren't essentially already using an d"Always Online" system...whoever wrote this article is an idiot...horrible comparison
I'm not sure what you don't understand about the article. The writer states that there are, currently, 46 million people who have paid for Xbox Live. Obviously, if you're paying for an online service... you're already connected online. I don't know a single person that has paid for a Live subscription but doesn't have internet readily available.
 5 years ago '10        #5
space
space
 Jago said:
I'm not sure what you don't understand about the article. The writer states that there are, currently, 46 million people who have paid for Xbox Live. Obviously, if you're paying for an online service... you're already connected online. I don't know a single person that has paid for a Live subscription but doesn't have internet readily available.
Paying for Netflix doesn't mean you're always watching a movie on Netflix now...

Paying for Xbox Live doesn't mean you're always playing a game connected to the service.

5 years ago '04        #6
space
space
 Jago said:

I don't know what part of "Always online" you don't understand...

they paid for Xbox live but that doesn't mean they are "ALWAYS ONLINE"... there's a difference
 5 years ago '07        #7
space
space
space
 Hovi Bryant said:
Paying for Netflix doesn't mean you're always watching a movie on Netflix now...

Paying for Xbox Live doesn't mean you're always playing a game connected to the service.

Your comparisons have got to be the stupidest statements I've read on Boxden all day. Good job.
 5 years ago '08        #8
Nut-In-Honeys 10 heat pts10
space
space
$6,027 | Props total: 5814 5814
My XBOX is always connected to the internet. I don't unplug the ethernet cord from it even if I was only planning on playing a single player game. It would suck to not be able to play if my internet is down but that rarely happens.
 5 years ago '07        #9
space
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
I don't know what part of "Always online" you don't understand...

they paid for Xbox live but that doesn't mean they are "ALWAYS ONLINE"... there's a difference
So you think that someone will pay for an online service and then intentionally cut-off their internet? Obviously, the majority of Gold subscribers play multiplayer-focused games and have decent broadband connections.
 5 years ago '10        #10
space
space
 Jago said:
Your comparisons have got to be the stupidest statements I've read on Boxden all day. Good job.
Explain yourself boy.

Microsoft said they won't buy a vaccum if the power might go out.
 5 years ago '07        #11
space
space
space
 Nut-In-Honeys said:
My XBOX is always on. I don't unplug the ethernet cord from it. It would suck to not be able to play if my internet is down but that rarely happens.
All my consoles are constantly connected, even if I'm just playing single player games.
 5 years ago '07        #12
space
space
space
 Hovi Bryant said:
Explain yourself boy.

Microsoft said they won't buy a vaccum if the power might go out.
What is there to explain? Your comparisons were dumb.
 5 years ago '08        #13
The N 467 heat pts467
space
space
$45,570 | Props total: 17221 17221
Dat 3rd console curse...
 5 years ago '10        #14
space
space
 Jago said:
What is there to explain? Your comparisons were dumb.
And microsoft's weren't. Come on boy.

Stop being a Stan.

5 years ago '07        #15
space
space
space
 Hovi Bryant said:
And microsoft's weren't. Come on boy.

Stop being a Stan.

Microsoft's comparisons don't change the fact that yours were stupid.
 5 years ago '04        #16
space
space
 Jago said:
So you think that someone will pay for an online service and then intentionally cut-off their internet? Obviously, the majority of Gold subscribers play multiplayer-focused games and have decent broadband connections.
no they won't cut their internet off intentionally... but the rumor for the NEXT XBOX says that an internet connection is REQUIRED... not something you choose to pay for live tor not but REQUIRED to play even single player games... so if your internet goes down for 10 minutes or ten hours or longer...you won't be able to play ANY GAMES on the next xbox single player or multiplayer... on the 360 if your internet goes out for any amount of time you could at least play single player games...that's the difference... those 46 million subscribers don't all only play multiplayer even if they connect to the internet everytime they are on the system...

Let me put it like this for you Xbox stans...

If you're internet goes out on the 720 you can't cross game chat...
 5 years ago '10        #17
space
space
 Jago said:
Microsoft's comparisons don't change the fact that yours were stupid.
You trippin boy.

Better start explain yourself boy.
 04-05-2013, 08:12 PM         #18
Killa Kwamz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If this is true im buying a wii U fu*k a alwyz on 360 or ps4
 5 years ago '04        #19
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
It's about the choice though. If my sh*t goes down I want to have the choice. What about the people in rural areas? M$ is basically just telling them fu*k you. This kinda makes sense though if they're doing this to combat piracy because it can offset losses to a degree, but to what degree is my question. They don't seem to publish much anymore.
 5 years ago '04        #20
space
space
 KURUPTION!!! said:
It's about the choice though. If my sh*t goes down I want to have the choice. What about the people in rural areas? M$ is basically just telling them fu*k you. This kinda makes sense though if they're doing this to combat piracy because it can offset losses to a degree, but to what degree is my question. They don't seem to publish much anymore.
Exactly that's what i'm saying... it's about having a CHOICE to play SP if you have too or not game at all... I have decent internet I always pay it on time but it does go out once in a while usually for about 10 minutes max then it's back on... longest it went out was about 6 hours when we were having 80 mph winds out here...so I played single player campaigns while it was out...i'd rather have the choice to do this then not be able to play at all if/when that happens again
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
125 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
19 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now