Atari Founder: "Xbox 720 Will Dominate The Next-Gen, Sony Software Tools Are Lame"

most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
136 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
76 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #1
7360 pageviews
216 comments

Jago 1030 heat pts1030
space
space
space
$3,755 | Props total: 5437 5437
Atari Founder: "Xbox 720 Will Dominate The Next-Gen, Sony Software Tools Are Lame"

Atari founder Nolan Bushnell has chosen Microsoft to emerge victorious against Sony in the next-generation console race. Speaking on GameTrailers' Rollin' With Nolan, the industry veteran claimed Sony will be held back by "lame" and difficult-to-understand software tools.

"I personally believe Microsoft is in a superior position, and the reason is Sony, whenever they change consoles, the software tools that they have are lame," Bushnell said. "A lot of times in the past they were in Japanese; not well documented and getting the software development community up to speed…they may have been able to do it in Japan, but the American software community just says 'Oh boy, what a pain.' And a lot of people don't realize how strong the software community is at making the hardware platform sing and dance."

Bushnell's comments come after a number of high-profile developers have praised the PlayStation 4. Gearbox Software CEO Randy Pitchford said in April that he is "really excited" about the platform, celebrating Sony for inviting Gearbox to the table to brainstorm ideas for the PS4.

Meanwhile, id Software veteran John Carmack said he is pleased with the PS4 system specs. In addition, Avalanche Studios cofounder Linus Blomberg said the PS4 will outpower most PCs for years to come.

Bushnell argued that it is software that drives hardware sales and that Microsoft will outperform Sony in this department, thus dominating the next-generation console market.

"Microsoft, because of their strong software tools, will end up with much better products sooner [and] easier, in my estimation," Bushnell said. "And with that, I think will be an advantage. And also don't forget, Microsoft actually has so much money to defend this. Plus, they have a good infrastructure with the [Xbox Live Arcade], with their online world."

Bushnell also cited Sony's online presence as a weakness. He said the company "really needs to get their action together" to fix their "god awful" online infrastructure.

Regarding what he believes will be vital for both next-generation platforms, Bushnell said virtual reality products like the Oculus Rift will be "really important" for future platforms, so long as latency is kept in check. He also noted that it would "make sense" for these new platforms to have 1TB hard drives, due to the relative affordability of memory today.

Microsoft is rumored to have its next-generation platform on store shelves this holiday season. Though the company has yet to reveal its official plans, Microsoft is rumored to announce the Xbox 720 in May.
visit this link Bushnell: Xbox 720 will win next-gen - GameSpot.com

216 comments for "Atari Founder: "Xbox 720 Will Dominate The Next-Gen, Sony Software Tools Are Lame""

5 years ago '10        #2
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
He's half right. Sony looks like they have their sh*t together this gen. Guess he couldn't afford a dev kit.

But obviously he hasn't been in tune with the news. n*ggas are upset and its not with Sony.

5 years ago '05        #3
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,608 | Props total: 13669 13669
Sony is lame?

Sounds about right.
 5 years ago '12        #4
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$20,936 | Props total: 16876 16876
 Y.G. said:
Sony is lame?

Sounds about right.
 5 years ago '04        #5
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
MS has all the momemtum right now, they are definitely in the drivers seat coming into the next gen... and they have always had easy to program machine's... i'm sure he's seen both system's already or at least early builds of both systems... It don't matter what system is easier to program for or has better tools...it matter's which one has the best games...
 5 years ago '12        #6
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,663 | Props total: 21982 21982
Alone in The Dark 2

5 years ago '07        #7
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,767 | Props total: 14586 14586
Don't care I'll probably own both.
 5 years ago '04        #8
mtbatol 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,694 | Props total: 1152 1152
O'you mean the founder of a company that told Nintendo "NAH, WE SEEN YOU n*ggaS DEMO'ING ONE OF OUR GAMES... fu*k THEM PLANS OF MAKING A CONSOLE WITH YOU.. IF U WANNA MAKE A CONSOLE DO IT YOURSELVES !!!!" back in the day and how the NES came soon afterwards?

Interesting words
 5 years ago '12        #9
space
space
I love how this thread is ignored by the masses...Where all the smileys and sh*t at now

I honestly could really care less about Nolan Bushnells opinion on Nextbox or PS4...

Actually wanna see how the movie about his life is going to come together

Steve Jobs tried to get him to own 1/3rd of Apple at one point

Leonardo Dicaprio is directing, producing, and starring in the movie of his life...sh*ts supposed to be dope as fu*k
 5 years ago '12        #10
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,608 | Props total: 2124 2124
 ALLEEK said:
I love how this thread is ignored by the masses...Where all the smileys and sh*t at now

I honestly could really care less about Nolan Bushnells opinion on Nextbox or PS4...

Leonardo Dicaprio is directing, producing, and starring in the movie of his life...sh*ts supposed to be dope as fu*k
Because this thread isn't saying much. It's one mans opinion about the future based off what's happening now.
 5 years ago '06        #11
dehdeh23 12 heat pts12
space
space
$1,238 | Props total: 176 176
With all the bullsh*t that went down with ps3 I ain't going near that system unless they find a way to mod it
 5 years ago '04        #12
Fam37 
space
space
space
$335 | Props total: 13 13
 Da Ill One said:
MS has all the momemtum right now, they are definitely in the drivers seat coming into the next gen... and they have always had easy to program machine's... i'm sure he's seen both system's already or at least early builds of both systems... It don't matter what system is easier to program for or has better tools...it matter's which one has the best games...
i think we all know whose gonna have the best games.
Sony with all those greatest hits.
 5 years ago '08        #13
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,481 | Props total: 17028 17028
Launch Jaguar 2

5 years ago '08        #14
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,481 | Props total: 17028 17028
Launch Jaguar 2

5 years ago '05        #15
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,246 | Props total: 2421 2421
 Da Ill One said:
pretty much. developers were pissed at how hard it was to develop games for the ps3 because it required its own special coding compared to how they could develop games on a pc and just transfer them over to the xbox360 coding with a dev tool.

xbox games this goes back to the OG xbox is basically a simple port of PC developed game. ps3 isnt that way ps2 wasnt that way either.

sony is smart in taking the MS route by going PC to console easy port route with the ps4 cause it will make it easier for 3rd party companies to make games. it will level the playing field for 3rd party games, i honestly think with the next wave of consoles we will no longer see sh*t like what happened with skyrim for the xbox360 vs ps3 and other games.

Last edited by HiRolliN; 04-07-2013 at 12:26 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #16
realgunta 703 heat pts703
space
space
$20,460 | Props total: 16152 16152
 Da Ill One said:

^^^^if only everyone could simply understand that. Oh well
 5 years ago '06        #17
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 ALLEEK said:

Because nobody really gives a fu*k when we've all seen game footage with our own eyes & actual devs are saying the complete opposite.

Based on some of his comments, he seems like a sour old man whose atari jaguar got manhandled by the Japs in the 90'sl
 5 years ago '12        #18
space
space
 Soraci7 said:
Because nobody really gives a fu*k when we've all seen game footage with our own eyes & actual devs are saying the complete opposite.

Based on some of his comments, he seems like a sour old man whose atari jaguar got manhandled by the Japs in the 90'sl
We saw Xbox 720 Game footage

And Nolan Bushnell really ain't the sour type.

My n*gga started Chuckie Cheese
 5 years ago '12        #19
space
space
 LicensedLegend said:
Because this thread isn't saying much. It's one mans opinion about the future based off what's happening now.
Everything we've heard about Xbox 720 so far has been opinion and rumor

The company actually making the damn thing hasn't even acknowledged the fact that it exists
 5 years ago '12        #20
space
space
 HiRolliN said:
pretty much. developers were pissed at how hard it was to develop games for the ps3 because it required its own special coding compared to how they could develop games on a pc and just transfer them over to the xbox360 coding with a dev tool.

xbox games this goes back to the OG xbox is basically a simple port of PC developed game. ps3 isnt that way ps2 wasnt that way either.

sony is smart in taking the MS route by going PC to console easy port route with the ps4 cause it will make it easier for 3rd party companies to make games. it will level the playing field for 3rd party games, i honestly think with the next wave of consoles we will no longer see sh*t like what happened with skyrim for the xbox360 vs ps3 and other games.
Bingo lol.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
90 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
41 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
93 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
73 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Fans Find Doo Doo Condoms and Lube While Digging into Zac Efrons Trash!
227 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
54 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Black In Crew: Chicago Baddie & Potential “No PullOut” Candidate
54 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
69 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy