Papoose Debut "The Nacirema Dream" Sells 5,422 First Week, BX's Tay Goes Silent.

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
10 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #121
AliHood 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,521 | Props total: 842 842
n*gga coulda got more cops than this if he would have dropped it years ago when he built all the buzz around it. n*ggaz been moved on....shyt was like 6-7 years ago.
 04-07-2013, 01:03 PM         #122
WMYakballzWM 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lets see, rhymes are wack, flow is wack, voice is wack. he is wack.... surprised he sold more than what kay slay bought
 5 years ago '11        #123
Gou 
space
space
$914 | Props total: 271 271
 GrimeyMoney said:
Papoose should've had me on his album. Prolly would've had a hit record.

5 years ago '10        #124
Rebirth46 59 heat pts59
space
space
$3,997 | Props total: 982 982
I ask my brother if he heard Papoose new album that n*gga said "Papoose?" the nigg that say his abc's?
 5 years ago '04        #125
focused313 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,097 | Props total: 1337 1337
how much does he clear from each album?

I'm sure he lives decent enough just from shows and features.
 5 years ago '09        #126
5_star_smitty|m 208 heat pts208
space
space
$44,534 | Props total: 3825 3825
 [B said:
PAPOOSE[/B];26736501]haters gon hate, all the true fans & people that understand good lyricism know whats up.
dont worry bout the #'s. people that like good music will listen.
so nobody noticed the name of this poster???
 5 years ago '09        #127
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,299 | Props total: 7939 7939
damn......i will say thats 5k more then i thought it was gonna be
 5 years ago '04        #128
Mega 
space
space
$5,592 | Props total: 981 981
 focused313 said:
how much does he clear from each album?

I'm sure he lives decent enough just from shows and features.
When's the last time Papoose visited your city?
 5 years ago '10        #129
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Mega said:
When's the last time Papoose visited your city?

Thank you..

Finally.. Common Sense

n*ggas really be thinking that every rapper who has ever put out a mixtape is automatically just gonna be able to live off show money for the rest of their natural lives

Even when Papoose was at his peak (in terms of demand), he was only commanding 5-6 racks a show..

I know this because my school booked him in 2007 right after his verses on "Where you at?" and "Touch It Remix" and thats what he cost then.. And he's never been hotter than that.

in 2013.. NOBODY is looking to see Papoose.. So what promoter or organization is gonna pay this n*gga, and book a venue for a show that aint nobody gonna pay to go to?

sh*t don't even make sense.. Every rapper aint seeing show money..
 5 years ago '04        #130
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,744 | Props total: 1555 1555
 jsmooth-117 said:
I bet you i can pull more money out of my pocket at any one time than he could and i work a regular 9 to 5
typical sh*t with n*ggas all logic goes out the window "I got more money than you so I'm better blah blah"

good for you pleiboi....you win I guess
 5 years ago '05        #131
g0tt1 211 heat pts211
space
space
$8,986 | Props total: 1260 1260
5000 copies damn after all the years...
 5 years ago '11        #132
conrap 3 heat pts
space
space
$221 | Props total: 21 21
 TheMindOf said:

Thank you..

Finally.. Common Sense

n*ggas really be thinking that every rapper who has ever put out a mixtape is automatically just gonna be able to live off show money for the rest of their natural lives

Even when Papoose was at his peak (in terms of demand), he was only commanding 5-6 racks a show..

I know this because my school booked him in 2007 right after his verses on "Where you at?" and "Touch It Remix" and thats what he cost then.. And he's never been hotter than that.

in 2013.. NOBODY is looking to see Papoose.. So what promoter or organization is gonna pay this n*gga, and book a venue for a show that aint nobody gonna pay to go to?

sh*t don't even make sense.. Every rapper aint seeing show money..
Pap's been pumping out mixtape after mixtape after mixtape for well over a decade. He's been INDEPENDANT for years. He already has been printing and slanging and FEEDING his fam with his music money. He goes on tour overseas and makes mad Euros.

He knows how much money he makes off of mixtapes and the Album is his first way of having people "officially" make transactions off it. For him it kinda sucks because now he'll probably be taxed on it lol but I doubt he gives one fu*k.

The Nacirema Dream is an absolute classic, hands down. I've been putting it on repeat since it came out and everytime I listen to a particular track I get more out of the song. That's the thing that really holds him back -- he challenges the listener but all y'all are too fu*king stupid to listen and dig into it. You'd rather be jumping in pools of indulgent fake sh*t. I'm not saying there's not some great, soulful, music outside of Pap -- but right now he technically is the best rapper.

I can give you a full rundown of the whole album, but the one downside I see about it is the fact that it took so long to make makes it feel a bit disjointed, like some sounds are from a different era. But honestly who really cares as long as the song is good? Yeah, haters are like dude doesn't know how to construct songs blah blah blah but thats a bunch of nonsense.

He made a track warning about aids and cancer and to always take care of yourself.
He made a track about how you can get out of a new law that get's rid of your 4th amendment right.
He made a track that sheds light on the psyche's of pimps and prostitutes and how they're circumstances aren't always their own choice.
He made a track that separates what you do in the physical to the typical text message bangers and forum gangsters.

I can go on but those are Four songs that have completely different topics and messages that are well articulated and thought provoking in the form of rap.

Pap's had a longer career than most of your rappers of today and he did it all by himself, which admirable as fu*k. I can make a new Nacirema Dream right now from his body of work and release it and it's be dope...

Hustle Hard
Faces of death
Victory
Reality Music
Body Bluffin
B.E.T Freestyle
Trials and Tribulations
All around the world
Robbery Song
Revelations of a Lyricist
Shoot em Down
Let em Die
Broken Dreams
Maintaining
Touch the Sky

fu*king easy. That sh*t right there if you burn that onto a cd is a classic. I can easily do that 5 - 8 more times -- just curate tracks from his entire body of work and put together a real dope cd.

Keep it real - ODB. There's nobody out there that keeps it real as Pap.

Let's be honest -- Money is not his problem. My hope is that he releases just Albums now and stays away from mixtapes just to finally "get over the haters."

Also, it'd be nice to focus for an album and have it made as an entirely cohesive unit. Believe it or not Pap's one of the most timely spitter often talking about politics or world events. He's able to do that because of how quickly he pumps out mixtapes. Would've loved to see some of that on the CD.

Last edited by conrap; 04-07-2013 at 06:53 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #133
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
i cant believe he even sold that much
 5 years ago '10        #134
Rebirth46 59 heat pts59
space
space
$3,997 | Props total: 982 982
 FoShizzle8 said:
no one cares what your retard brother thinks though
 5 years ago '09        #135
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$17,406 | Props total: 73 73
 conrap said:
Pap's been pumping out mixtape after mixtape after mixtape for well over a decade. He's been INDEPENDANT for years. He already has been printing and slanging and FEEDING his fam with his music money. He goes on tour overseas and makes mad Euros.

He knows how much money he makes off of mixtapes and the Album is his first way of having people "officially" make transactions off it. For him it kinda sucks because now he'll probably be taxed on it lol but I doubt he gives one fu*k.

The Nacirema Dream is an absolute classic, hands down. I've been putting it on repeat since it came out and everytime I listen to a particular track I get more out of the song. That's the thing that really holds him back -- he challenges the listener but all y'all are too fu*king stupid to listen and dig into it. You'd rather be jumping in pools of indulgent fake sh*t. I'm not saying there's not some great, soulful, music outside of Pap -- but right now he technically is the best rapper.

I can give you a full rundown of the whole album, but the one downside I see about it is the fact that it took so long to make makes it feel a bit disjointed, like some sounds are from a different era. But honestly who really cares as long as the song is good? Yeah, haters are like dude doesn't know how to construct songs blah blah blah but thats a bunch of nonsense.

He made a track warning about aids and cancer and to always take care of yourself.
He made a track about how you can get out of a new law that get's rid of your 4th amendment right.
He made a track that sheds light on the psyche's of pimps and prostitutes and how they're circumstances aren't always their own choice.
He made a track that separates what you do in the physical to the typical text message bangers and forum gangsters.

I can go on but those are Four songs that have completely different topics and messages that are well articulated and thought provoking in the form of rap.

Pap's had a longer career than most of your rappers of today and he did it all by himself, which admirable as fu*k. I can make a new Nacirema Dream right now from his body of work and release it and it's be dope...

Hustle Hard
Faces of death
Victory
Reality Music
Body Bluffin
B.E.T Freestyle
Trials and Tribulations
All around the world
Robbery Song
Shoot em Down
Let em Die
Broken Dreams
Maintaining
Touch the Sky

fu*king easy. That sh*t right there if you burn that onto a cd is a classic. I can easily do that 5 - 8 more times -- just curate tracks from his entire body of work and put together a real dope cd.

Let's be honest -- Money is not his problem. My hope is that he releases just Albums now and stays away from mixtapes just to finally "get over the haters."

Also, it'd be nice to focus for an album and have it made as an entirely cohesive unit. Believe it or not Pap's one of the most timely spitter often talking about politics or world events. He's able to do that because of how quickly he pumps out mixtapes. Would've loved to see some of that on the CD.
wow i hope u are pap or work for him for ur sake
 5 years ago '11        #136
box5 
space
space
space
$2,989 | Props total: 14 14
Dr dre is like, " and n*ggas want me to still drop detox ha, y'all better take this pictorial album I've giving y'all so far and shut up, HELL YEA! yell™
 5 years ago '04        #137
killababi 31 heat pts31
space
space
$16,551 | Props total: 2656 2656
 conrap said:

Hustle Hard
Faces of death
Victory
Reality Music
Body Bluffin
B.E.T Freestyle
Trials and Tribulations
All around the world
Robbery Song
Shoot em Down
Let em Die
Broken Dreams
Maintaining
Touch the Sky

I read all that in papoose voice..........you yellowbelly yapping yes-man
 5 years ago '12        #138
cubes 4 heat pts
space
space
$12,571 | Props total: 5972 5972
 conrap said:

Hustle Hard
Faces of death
Victory
Reality Music
Body Bluffin
B.E.T Freestyle
Trials and Tribulations
All around the world
Robbery Song
Shoot em Down
Let em Die
Broken Dreams
Maintaining
Touch the Sky

[pic - click to view]

TL;DR
 5 years ago '12        #139
You Hater 1447 heat pts1447
space
space
$42,393 | Props total: 19883 19883
Bucket nekkid
 5 years ago '13        #140
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
 KnickKilla92 said:
Bucket nekkid

[video - click to view]

Was my jam!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago