Papoose Debut "The Nacirema Dream" Sells 5,422 First Week, BX's Tay Goes Silent.

most viewed right now
 NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
15 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
63 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
16 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #101
doubletrouble™ 
space
space
$1,634 | Props total: 22 22
 xplizit said:
go back to college papoose, its over

and take a loan while you at it, them 5422 copies aint gonna cut it
 5 years ago '05        #102
jy'liyahpops 
space
space
space
$446 | Props total: 30 30
I pressed up and gave away 2500 copies in metro Detroit of my CD in 09 like I have away half what he sold and y'all say its not a complete utter failure none of u have rapped this is tragedy for a artist who blew on o1 to just now drop n only sell 5 n y'all comparing the mixtape Messiah of o2 era to krey that's a win for her fu*k sales to even compare pap n her as a win is a fail Lol he should have did that burger king app six years ago
 5 years ago '10        #103
VeX 
space
space
$3,718 | Props total: 43 43
dude caught a brick with this
 5 years ago '04        #104
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,755 | Props total: 1572 1572
I swear 50 fu*ked the game up with that 1st week sales sh*t he single handedly bread a generation of d!ckriders that jock n*ggas cause of the numbers yall dont even give a fu*k about the music no more....

and first of I HATE PAPOOSE'S MUSIC dude is Tone deaf and corny but.....

if those are Indy numbers they ARE GOOD....

you n*ggas have NO IDEA how this sh*t works sure its music and we all love it (some more than others) but its a job! there's def a blue collar element to this sh*t but ask anyone on here that knows there sh*t and they'll tell you show almost any major that you can sell 5-20k on your own and they'll be willing to fu*k with you on some level.

What Pap needs to do now is get his team together cop a promo van or bus and hit the road on some indie rock band sh*t he needs to be at every AC3,Paid dues fest and Rock the bells out there slanging merch he could easily turn that 5k into 50k by the end of the year....
 5 years ago '05        #105
jy'liyahpops 
space
space
space
Don't get me wrong music has changed ..... But with that being said quit then or change with it jay day u want old jay bit old albums pap should have changed or quit
 5 years ago '05        #106
jy'liyahpops 
space
space
space
5000 Indy ain't sh*t can u imagine what pap o everyone for these past ten years Indy numbers matter when you still have a label above u n management etc these numbers do matter Indy or not
 5 years ago '04        #107
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,755 | Props total: 1572 1572
 jy'liyahpops said:
5000 Indy ain't sh*t can u imagine what pap o everyone for these past ten years Indy numbers matter when you still have a label above u n management etc these numbers do matter Indy or not
5000 indy is something, dont get me wrong its not "OMG you good for the rest of your life" but it shows that you have a base you can build off of if he stays consistent, I feel you back in 2008 my group pressed up our mixtape, packed the biggest club in the city and gave 1000 copies away but its a big difference between giving 2500 copies away and SELLING double that in ONE WEEK's TIME.

You are right Times have changed so you can't call this a flop because of the buzz he had ten years ago, his buzz was at its highest I'd say between 02-04 he didn't get signed till 06' then he vanished that 7 years of being stagnant fans move on especially in the A.D.D era of music we are in now so to be able to come back sell 5,200 is good he just gotta get on his sh*t get them social networks poppin & hit the road and he can easily sell 50k by years end....

yall gotta stop letting the industry tell yall what level of success is thats what keeps them relevent because they know they dont have the hold over this sh*t that they did 10-15 years ago this music/rap sh*t does not have to be all or nothing long as you got a loyal base of 20 to 50 thousand you can make a living off of this there are tons of artist doing it that you nor i have ever heard of
 5 years ago '04        #108
jsmooth-117 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$11,536 | Props total: 6459 6459
 Ra-da-god said:
5000 indy is something, dont get me wrong its not "OMG you good for the rest of your life" but it shows that you have a base you can build off of if he stays consistent, I feel you back in 2008 my group pressed up our mixtape, packed the biggest club in the city and gave 1000 copies away but its a big difference between giving 2500 copies away and SELLING double that in ONE WEEK's TIME.

You are right Times have changed so you can't call this a flop because of the buzz he had ten years ago, his buzz was at its highest I'd say between 02-04 he didn't get signed till 06' then he vanished that 7 years of being stagnant fans move on especially in the A.D.D era of music we are in now so to be able to come back sell 5,200 is good he just gotta get on his sh*t get them social networks poppin & hit the road and he can easily sell 50k by years end....

yall gotta stop letting the industry tell yall what level of success is thats what keeps them relevent because they know they dont have the hold over this sh*t that they did 10-15 years ago this music/rap sh*t does not have to be all or nothing long as you got a loyal base of 20 to 50 thousand you can make a living off of this there are tons of artist doing it that you nor i have ever heard of
I bet you i can pull more money out of my pocket at any one time than he could and i work a regular 9 to 5
 04-07-2013, 09:39 AM         #109
PRiNC3SSxKiSS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 whiz said:
coming from the guy who's got the biggest idiot/fag in 'rap' right now for an avy...
you've got no say here...you know nothing young'n
Check yourself fam.

secondly, I hope Tyler beats the sh*t outta you one day.
 04-07-2013, 09:40 AM         #110
PRiNC3SSxKiSS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Trilluminati GA said:
how much they paying you for this when your not selling pus*y?
 5 years ago '04        #111
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$82,042 | Props total: 11845 11845
 YungPrinceNY said:
⊂_ヽ
  \\
   \( ͡ ° ͜ʖ ͡° )
    > ⌒ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ bi*ch, swerve.
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
(_/
stolen for future use
 5 years ago '13        #112
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
 One Gud Cide said:

and YOU don't realize that "middle man" or not, the studio, features, beats, small a.ss promotion, time, videos, packaging, distribution, manager, etc aren't free either. you n*ggas can't be dumb enough to think he gets 100% of this "50k" of that, it probably put him in debt to release it you're also leaving out the fact it took him 10 years to make this. he "made 50k" in 10 years smarten up nas
n*gga are you dumb?

Studio time,promotion and all that sh*t nine times out of ten was paid for first. Beats especially are paid for first, before the albume even comes out. As far as distribution, if you read my post I said that Amazon get's their cut. That sh*t wasn't really in any store, except amazon and itunes. Sure the manager gets their cut, the producers, and featured artist, as well as the label get their cut from sales. But that is still a lot of money. It is way more than it would be if he was on a major label.

50k is the units anyway.

If you take 50k and times that by 11.99 which is the price on itunes.

He made 599,500

That's half a million easily.

Im sure his label gives him a budget for the videos and by the look of things, his videos are produced on the cheap.

Im almost certain he broke even with this number too.
 5 years ago '10        #113
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 JickBangz said:
n*gga are you dumb?

Studio time,promotion and all that sh*t nine times out of ten was paid for first. Beats especially are paid for first, before the albume even comes out. As far as distribution, if you read my post I said that Amazon get's their cut. That sh*t wasn't really in any store, except amazon and itunes. Sure the manager gets their cut, the producers, and featured artist, as well as the label get their cut from sales. But that is still a lot of money. It is way more than it would be if he was on a major label.

50k is the units anyway.

If you take 50k and times that by 11.99 which is the price on itunes.

He made 599,500

That's half a million easily.

Im sure his label gives him a budget for the videos and by the look of things, his videos are produced on the cheap.

Im almost certain he broke even with this number too.

5 years ago '10        #114
Kool Aid 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,956 | Props total: 1990 1990

[video - click to view]

At 2:28, dude said he invested in property and sh*t. idk if he hurtin like that off sales. Music might just be one of his side ventures at this point
 5 years ago '10        #115
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Kool Aid said:

At 2:28, dude said he invested in property and sh*t. idk if he hurtin like that off sales. Music might just be one of his side ventures at this point
Translation: He's a landlord in his spare time
 5 years ago '13        #116
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
 TheMindOf said:

Oh sh*t!

It's not 50k units.

He got a humbler 59,950

Still good money though

A n*gga put down too many zeros.
 5 years ago '10        #117
Kool Aid 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,956 | Props total: 1990 1990
 TheMindOf said:
Translation: He's a landlord in his spare time
 04-07-2013, 10:40 AM         #118
redacted 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I hope Big Ghost writes a review for the album.
 5 years ago '07        #119
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,846 | Props total: 4831 4831
 Peterparker said:
You clearly don't know how the industry works. That man had to pay for those beats, studio times,features everything that went into doing the album. We talking covers, promotion and to only sell that amount he didn't even make his money back.

And you know he not getting a dollar made off every cd sold only a percentage of those sales. His only W is if he goes on tour or do some shows.
u might not kno how it works lol.jive,his original label paid for that album

if it was an indy release he would get way more than a dollar off every cd
 04-07-2013, 11:34 AM         #120
Ednyce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that's how many boxes of girl scout cookies my niece sold.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
32 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
119 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
84 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Shane Larkin trolls a BX member
14 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
100 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
170 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
123 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy