most viewed right now
Most Overrated Producer
99 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Somebody explain the rap chain game to me
14 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '13        #41
CasualCannabis 
space
space
$243 | Props total: 2 2
Damn, BX put me on today

I've been too damn lazy to get into his s**t.

Daps to everyone that contributed to this thread

Last edited by CasualCannabis; 08-20-2013 at 04:02 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #42
Gremlin 1093 heat pts1093
space
space
$9,723 | Props total: 3917 3917
01. MF DOOM - Absolutely
02. MF DOOM - Doomsday
03. MF DOOM - Rock Co.Kane Flow feat. De La Soul
04. MF DOOM (Dilla Doom) - Fire Wood Drumstykx
05. MF DOOM (Madvillain) - Accordion
06. MF DOOM (Viktor Vaughn) - Let Me Watch feat. Apani B
07. MF DOOM - Blacklist feat. Aesop Rock
08. MF DOOM - Kookies
09. MF DOOM (Danger Doom) - Sofa King
10. MF DOOM (Madvillain) - Figaro
11. MF DOOM (Viktor Vaughn) - Saliva
12. MF DOOM (Dilla Doom) - Sniper Elite
13. MF DOOM (Viktor Vaughn) - Lickupon
14. MF DOOM (JJ DOOM) - Winter Blues
15. MF DOOM (Madvillain) - All Caps
16. MF DOOM - Ballskin
17. MF DOOM (Danger Doom) - Crosshairs
18. MF DOOM - Rhymes Like Dimes feat. Cucumber Slice
19. MF DOOM - Tru Thug MC
20. MF DOOM (K.M.D.) - Sorcerers
21. MF DOOM - One Beer
22. MF DOOM - Vomitspit
23. MF DOOM (Madvillain) - Raid feat. MED
24. MF DOOM (Danger Doom) - Benzie Box (ft. Cee-Lo)
25. MF DOOM - Angelz feat. Ghostface k!llah
26. MF DOOM (Danger Doom) - Mince Meat

MF DOOM - An Introduction: The Best Of DOOM

Download link:

If you haven't listened to MF DOOM extensively, read on (click "see more" for details and tracklist):

MF DOOM is one of the dopest, and yet most inaccessible MC's in Hip-Hop. His music is often very much an acquired taste. And some of his most brilliant tracks are simply too much for first time listeners unaccustomed to his style.

With this in mind, I've created a compilation for MF DOOM entitled "An Introduction: The Best Of DOOM" -- not really a collection of purely his best songs, but his most accessible songs -- tracks that would help ease a head into DOOM's music and style.

MF DOOM is among the most enigmatic figures in Hip-Hop, and a man with more than a few aliases. Most notably known as MF DOOM, with MF standing for Metal Face or Metal Fingers, his alter egos include: Viktor Vaughn, King Geedorah, Danger Doom (with Dangermouse), Madvillain (with Madlib), and The SuperVillain. I have placed the alias he uses in parenthesis next to each song in the tracklist.

His rhyme flow and structure is both brilliant and unorthodox, with shades of both Nas and Kool G Rap, and an originality that is truly all his own. Listening to Jay Electronica, one of the games dopest new MC’s, you can hear DOOM’s influence in both delivery and style. It is this unorthodox style that DOOM brings that fans fell in love with… and it has also served as a double-edged sword; his delivery, as well as musical directions, can take some getting used to.

His lyrical content is also “love-or-hate” for many Hip-Hop fans. I think most fans who love DOOM, like myself, would agree that his lyrics and subject matter, metaphors and similes, often go over the head of the average listener, alienating a lot of heads. So I say this: MF DOOM is not for everyone. Plain and simple. It would be fair to say that you’ll either love him or you won’t like him at all. But trust me when I say, the more you listen to him, the more you will like him. He is an acquired taste for many. I hope you give him a chance. One love
 5 years ago '13        #43
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122 OP
space
space
$43,251 | Props total: 12284 12284
 ballergenetics said:
Madvillainy is such fu*kin brilliant album...
Word!

Emperor85 said:
his best album period ,but all the cornballs will tell you madvillain is his best
True people do sleep on Doomsday. But Madvillian is up their and just as good.

CasualCannabis said:
Damn, BX put me on today(nh)

I've been too damn lazy to get into his s**t.

Daps to everyone that contributed to this thread
One of the main purposes behind me making this thread.

Glad you appreciate this appreciation thread and been put on to some good music. Hopefully more people take a chance and listen to some of the songs posted.

Last edited by Guvnor; 04-06-2013 at 12:54 PM..
 5 years ago '13        #44
space
space
 Gremlin said:
01. MF DOOM - Absolutely
02. MF DOOM - Doomsday
03. MF DOOM - Rock Co.Kane Flow feat. De La Soul
04. MF DOOM (Dilla Doom) - Fire Wood Drumstykx
05. MF DOOM (Madvillain) - Accordion
06. MF DOOM (Viktor Vaughn) - Let Me Watch feat. Apani B
07. MF DOOM - Blacklist feat. Aesop Rock
08. MF DOOM - Kookies
09. MF DOOM (Danger Doom) - Sofa King
10. MF DOOM (Madvillain) - Figaro
11. MF DOOM (Viktor Vaughn) - Saliva
12. MF DOOM (Dilla Doom) - Sniper Elite
13. MF DOOM (Viktor Vaughn) - Lickupon
14. MF DOOM (JJ DOOM) - Winter Blues
15. MF DOOM (Madvillain) - All Caps
16. MF DOOM - Ballskin
17. MF DOOM (Danger Doom) - Crosshairs
18. MF DOOM - Rhymes Like Dimes feat. Cucumber Slice
19. MF DOOM - Tru Thug MC
20. MF DOOM (K.M.D.) - Sorcerers
21. MF DOOM - One Beer
22. MF DOOM - Vomitspit
23. MF DOOM (Madvillain) - Raid feat. MED
24. MF DOOM (Danger Doom) - Benzie Box (ft. Cee-Lo)
25. MF DOOM - Angelz feat. Ghostface k!llah
26. MF DOOM (Danger Doom) - Mince Meat

MF DOOM - An Introduction: The Best Of DOOM

Download link:

If you haven't listened to MF DOOM extensively, read on (click "see more" for details and tracklist):

MF DOOM is one of the dopest, and yet most inaccessible MC's in Hip-Hop. His music is often very much an acquired taste. And some of his most brilliant tracks are simply too much for first time listeners unaccustomed to his style.

With this in mind, I've created a compilation for MF DOOM entitled "An Introduction: The Best Of DOOM" -- not really a collection of purely his best songs, but his most accessible songs -- tracks that would help ease a head into DOOM's music and style.

MF DOOM is among the most enigmatic figures in Hip-Hop, and a man with more than a few aliases. Most notably known as MF DOOM, with MF standing for Metal Face or Metal Fingers, his alter egos include: Viktor Vaughn, King Geedorah, Danger Doom (with Dangermouse), Madvillain (with Madlib), and The SuperVillain. I have placed the alias he uses in parenthesis next to each song in the tracklist.

His rhyme flow and structure is both brilliant and unorthodox, with shades of both Nas and Kool G Rap, and an originality that is truly all his own. Listening to Jay Electronica, one of the games dopest new MC’s, you can hear DOOM’s influence in both delivery and style. It is this unorthodox style that DOOM brings that fans fell in love with… and it has also served as a double-edged sword; his delivery, as well as musical directions, can take some getting used to.

His lyrical content is also “love-or-hate” for many Hip-Hop fans. I think most fans who love DOOM, like myself, would agree that his lyrics and subject matter, metaphors and similes, often go over the head of the average listener, alienating a lot of heads. So I say this: MF DOOM is not for everyone. Plain and simple. It would be fair to say that you’ll either love him or you won’t like him at all. But trust me when I say, the more you listen to him, the more you will like him. He is an acquired taste for many. I hope you give him a chance. One love
Appreciate you sharing this and posting the commentary for it was good too!
 5 years ago '04        #45
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,435 | Props total: 2494 2494
 Nahmeanuheard said:
I LOVE DOOM, but I hate the fact that he's so damn lazy when it comes to releasing music or anything in general. Where's Swift & Changeable, Madvillainy 2 & the next Viktor Vaughn album? I'm glad he released that JJ DOOM album, but I still want to hear more from him. His music is not for everyone though, some people don't get him or don't like him. If you read about him and you listen to all the other rappers that admire him you'll find out that dude is a musical genius.
someone told me that Doom got deported to London

I know hes been over there for a MINUTE and did the JJ doom joint over there

So that would explain why he hasnt finished a bunch of projects
 5 years ago '05        #46
ice wolf 512 heat pts512
space
space
$9,222 | Props total: 5238 5238
Underground GOAT
 5 years ago '05        #47
ice wolf 512 heat pts512
space
space
$9,222 | Props total: 5238 5238
 abstractq said:

It doesn't really explain sh!t

It's 2013. You could make 10 full albums working remote from Algeria if you want to! Besides .... The UK has a huge record industry. He's just uninspired, or lazy.
 5 years ago '13        #48
space
space
 abstractq said:

ice wolf said:

It's 2013. You could make 10 full albums working remote from Algeria if you want to! Besides .... The UK has a huge record industry. He's just uninspired, or lazy.
I really hope he is not in prison. Not for the sake of the albums but for the sake of him as a person.

i mean honestly you fans are some greedy and fickle mofos. You got to understand all of the hardwork and presure behind making good music. If you make music one way you can make one set of fans happy and the other angry. If you experiment the fans of your older works would hate you, among many other factors.

Yall n*ggas just need to wait. Yall out here acting like he didn't release over 10 albums. Some good rappers only got three records out their. You should be grateful he put out so much music already.

Just wait!

I mean I feel you guys and understand your thirst for new Doom. But just be happy with what you got, it's enough to last the rest of you life and never get bored of it.
 5 years ago '04        #49
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 ice wolf said:

or the people he works with just generally makes albums in studio

not everybody built to make albums like the Foreign exchange
 5 years ago '04        #50
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 JickBangz said:
I really hope he is not in prison.
hes not in jail. . .i remember seeing something about a show of his overseas

unless it was his impostor, hes just over there in Europe
 5 years ago '04        #51
Nahmeanuheard 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,367 | Props total: 31 31
 Emperor85 said:
he was releasing an album a year to two albums under diffrent names for a few years and then took a break to tour n*gga probably ran out of ideas for records, i dont blame him, he was the hardest workin igga in the underground for a few years
Could be, it just sucks waiting 4 years for a new album from him. He did release a bunch of stuff from 1999-2004 but then he slowed it down.

abstractq said:

Yea, here's some info on that:
"Year: 2010
Offence: Being a supervillain

In what's increasingly looking like a tactic by the United States to rid itself of all musical talent, Q Magazine reported last month that MF DOOM was Slick Ricked in 2010 when trying to re-enter the country. The British-born DOOM was moved to the US as a baby but never naturalised. Two years ago he bit the bullet, filed for a UK passport and jetted off on a world tour; DOOM has a US-born wife and children and - as Q suggested - most likely figured they'd be enough to guarantee him re-entry into the country. But once back in the US he was met head-on by a recalcitrant immigration official and has been stuck in London ever since. DOOM being DOOM, though, he's been making it count, working on new recordings with both Thom Yorke and Beth Gibbons."

Still doesn't mean he can't work on some albums in London. Anyway I heard he was really pissed with the US & said that he would probably never come back.

Y'all need to check out this article, it's a pretty good read which rates his albums from worst to best. Even though some people might not agree with #1, I do, and no it's not Madvillainy. Check it out.

Last edited by Nahmeanuheard; 04-06-2013 at 11:51 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #52
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
Was a good read

the order was all fu*ked though

Should be

1) Operation Doomsday/Madvillainy
2) Madvillainy/ Operation Doomsday
3) MM Food
4) Mouse and the Mask
5) Viktor Vaughn
6) Black Bastards
7) Born LIke This
8) Take me To Your Leader
9) Mr Hood
10) JJ Doom
11) VV2

The first 5 on this list are classics as far as im concerned
 5 years ago '12        #53
KORNZ516 20 heat pts20
space
space
$3,340 | Props total: 1403 1403
Huge fan, dude actually lived in my town, older dudes told me him and subroc used to be sellin bean pies and sh*t outside of the train station or drinking 40s of olde e and just run around wildin, they were tellin me n*ggas was devastated when subroc died

But for real, doom needs to get back wit grimm, I need a special herbs and spices vol 2 as much as i need swift and changeable
 5 years ago '13        #54
space
space
Definitely was a good read nahmean!

I can actually agree with the number one on the list.

But my personal favorite is Madvillany because madlib is that n*gga to me.

But MM Food is up their too and I can't be mad with that.

As for What Korn said that crazy.

Dude was selling bean pies. Damn! That's crazy!

But I bet subroc's loss was hudge too.

Like I was saying as for future releases I think he can afford to take his time.

Although we have been waiting on that record with him and Ghost forever. That needs to be done pronto.

Last edited by Guvnor; 04-06-2013 at 01:34 PM..
 5 years ago '13        #55
space
space

[video - click to view]

(Don't Die thread, Don't Die)
 5 years ago '12        #56
KORNZ516 20 heat pts20
space
space
$3,340 | Props total: 1403 1403
 JickBangz said:
Definitely was a good read nahmean!

I can actually agree with the number one on the list.

But my personal favorite is Madvillany because madlib is that n*gga to me.

But MM Food is up their too and I can't be mad with that.

As for What Korn said that crazy.

Dude was selling bean pies. Damn! That's crazy!

But I bet subroc's loss was hudge too.

Like I was saying as for future releases I think he can afford to take his time.

Although we have been waiting on that record with him and Ghost forever. That needs to be done pronto.
Word, only thing I don't like bout doom is early doom, after subroc died doom dropped some beats subroc had in the vaults like he produced them, like just tweaked or dropped as was under prod. mf doom, sh*t just seems a little disrespectful, like that's ur dead brother and sh*t just label it prod. By subroc, and the fact u can't trust a live show, him and common didn't show up to rock the bells like 2 years ago, and managed to fu*k up the set times on all the stages
 5 years ago '09        #57
DJ Idol 18 heat pts18
space
space
$3,977 | Props total: 885 885
I found the Special Herbs vinyl box set at a Record Store yesterday brand new...went to buy it, $110.

5 years ago '13        #58
space
space
 KORNZ516 said:
Word, only thing I don't like bout doom is early doom, after subroc died doom dropped some beats subroc had in the vaults like he produced them, like just tweaked or dropped as was under prod. mf doom, sh*t just seems a little disrespectful, like that's ur dead brother and sh*t just label it prod. By subroc, and the fact u can't trust a live show, him and common didn't show up to rock the bells like 2 years ago, and managed to fu*k up the set times on all the stages
Damn! I didn't know that!
That's fu*ked up that he stole subroc's beats like that, thanks for sharing that. But I remember hearing many stories about his concerts

He is a super villian after all though, he was sending his evil clones!

I mean I would feel awful if I went out and traveled via plane, or even on the road to rock the bells just to see him and him not be their. I heard stories about him even sending clones that where obviously not him. Clones that were to skinny or that just didn't look like him.
 DJ Idol said:
I found the Special Herbs vinyl box set at a Record Store yesterday brand new...went to buy it, $110.

Damn 110! That may have been a bad deal.

^This site is selling it for 89.97 and they give you a poster with it and digital downloads.

But if I was you I would have snatched it up as well.

Makes me want to get a vinyl player.
 5 years ago '04        #59
Nahmeanuheard 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,367 | Props total: 31 31
Here's another great article I read this morning.

Let's keep this thread alive.
 5 years ago '06        #60
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$28,971 | Props total: 7728 7728
with the scooby doo sample was dope.

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
NFL As I watch Shaq, this sh-t was not fair bruh
98 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ashanti badder than BeyoncĂ©, Rihanna, all of dem
138 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 100% #WoodWife Material
63 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Mitchell and Ness team sweatshirts
27 comments
21 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NFL Reporter that outed Cam, back reporting. Players visibly uncomfortable wi..
140 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Oct 19 - Model Natasha Prince accused Magician David Blaine of rape
162 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Future & Young Thug - Super Slimey (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thr..
259 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Bow Wow givin men advice n Gille responds
157 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy