MF Doom appreciation thread

most viewed right now
NFL Man quits nearly 30 year stadium job after Buffalo Bills kneel during the ..
161 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj congrats Cardi B for her #1
52 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA reporter asks Melo about coming off the bench
79 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
OT Shannon Sharpe's response to President Trump's comment..
47 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 2 years ago '04        #201
Nahmeanuheard 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,365 | Props total: 29 29
 Guvnor said:
Not much man, what's good with you? Good luck with your new pen man and hopefully they get it right this time.

Lol at the man in that video Not trying to be rude but what the hell, get some class or swag or something. Also I can't believe that they are giving out pens that don't work. If your pen had an issue with the record button and mind did as well as the guy in this video than that is very telling. Did your drive at least come with a video already on it?

They definitely messed up with this one man I might not even ask for another one if I can't get it to work. They gave me a lot of stickers but that doesn't make up for it.
All is good. Trying to enjoy some time off with the wifey. We're doing some traveling & chilling before I go back to work next Monday.

My pen had a weird a.ss video on it. It's some guy burning $100 bills that are hanging on a clothes line. Don't know what to make of it, I wonder if it's a clue to something or just nothing.
 2 years ago '13        #202
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122 OP
space
space
space
$43,251 | Props total: 12283 12283
 Nahmeanuheard said:
All is good. Trying to enjoy some time off with the wifey. We're doing some traveling & chilling before I go back to work next Monday.

My pen had a weird a.ss video on it. It's some guy burning $100 bills that are hanging on a clothes line. Don't know what to make of it, I wonder if it's a clue to something or just nothing.
Oh that's cool man and yeah I got that too. I think it's suppose to give us insiparation for an idea of what to do if we make a video our self. In my perspective the video is suppose to be an f you to the system of capitalism and consumerism. Kinda goes hand in hand with the money is root of all evil thing.
 2 years ago '04        #203
Nahmeanuheard 5 heat pts
space
space
 Guvnor said:
Oh that's cool man and yeah I got that too. I think it's suppose to give us insiparation for an idea of what to do if we make a video our self. In my perspective the video is suppose to be an f you to the system of capitalism and consumerism. Kinda goes hand in hand with the money is root of all evil thing.
That's what I got from the video too, seemed pretty interesting. Anyway, I got my new pen today & Akomplice just didn't get this right at all. My new pen records, but whoever manufactures these did not glue the camera to the pen. Everytime I plug it into my computer the camera gets pushed out. The quality of the recording isn't that bad for what it is, it's a little above VGA quality & you can record for a long time it seems. I can glue it so it stays permanent, but I might just leave it alone & leave it as a collection piece & not use it.
 2 years ago '12        #204
Hazi 12 heat pts12
space
space
$2,589 | Props total: 575 575
I can stop anytime I want to
Famous last words that came back to haunt you

2 years ago '13        #205
space
space
space
 Nahmeanuheard said:
That's what I got from the video too, seemed pretty interesting. Anyway, I got my new pen today & Akomplice just didn't get this right at all. My new pen records, but whoever manufactures these did not glue the camera to the pen. Everytime I plug it into my computer the camera gets pushed out. The quality of the recording isn't that bad for what it is, it's a little above VGA quality & you can record for a long time it seems. I can glue it so it stays permanent, but I might just leave it alone & leave it as a collection piece & not use it.
Oh, good to hear yours at least works this time man and can enable recording. Mine also has a similar problem as yours and I might see about a replacement For mine it seems the mother board is too big so the camera does not seemed stuck to the opening for the lens above the silver pen clip for some reason so it moves too far downward because of this. Also the part that is supposed to enable recording doesn't work for mine.

When your record, does it show a blue light? Mine does not even show that Good to hear it records decent video though and mine enabled recording by accident it seems but only for a few seconds and the lense wasn't even positioned right so it recorded nothing. Judging from those recordings though I could see it records audio too.

Smart move to just keep it as a collectors piece though cause judging by how faulty they are you can already tell their fragile.

Hazi said:
I can stop anytime I want to
Famous last words that came back to haunt you

Last edited by Guvnor; 07-15-2015 at 04:53 PM..
 2 years ago '04        #206
Nahmeanuheard 5 heat pts
space
space
 Guvnor said:
Oh, good to hear yours at least works this time man and can enable recording. Mine also has a similar problem as yours For mine it seems the mother board is too big so the camera does not seemed stuck to the opening for the lens above the silver pen clip for some reason so it moves too far downward because of this. Also the part that is supposed to enable recording doesn't work it seems.

When your record, does it show a blue light? Mine does not even show that Good to hear it records decent video though and mine enabled recording by accident it seems but only for a few seconds and the lense wasn't even positioned right so it recorded nothing. Judging from those recordings though I could see it records audio too.

Smart move to just keep it as a collectors piece though cause judging by how faulty they are you can already tell their fragile.

It shows a blue light when I click it, when you're in recording mode the light turns orange. The lights are on the back side of the pen. I'm not going to say anything to Akomplice, don't know where they went wrong with these pens and I appreciate their effort in sending me another one. This seems to be something out of their control. It is what it is.
 2 years ago '12        #207
Hazi 12 heat pts12
space
space
DOOM nominated for the best rolled L's
And they wondered how he dealt with stress so well

My favorite weed bar of all time.

I think I'll just sporadically post DOOM quotables itt
 2 years ago '13        #208
beaker1015 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$5,955 | Props total: 3533 3533
It's like they know what's bout to happen

Just keep an eye out like aye aye captain

madvillainy
 2 years ago '13        #209
space
space
space
 Nahmeanuheard said:
It shows a blue light when I click it, when you're in recording mode the light turns orange. The lights are on the back side of the pen. I'm not going to say anything to Akomplice, don't know where they went wrong with these pens and I appreciate their effort in sending me another one. This seems to be something out of their control. It is what it is.
So when you just click it turns blue and when it records it's yellow. Once it's done does the light go off?

Also your right, if I was them though I would have made it a point to test these before the public was sent them to see if they were really worth it. I feel that may not have been done and that is why many of these pens don't work.
 2 years ago '04        #210
Nahmeanuheard 5 heat pts
space
space
 Guvnor said:
So when you just click it turns blue and when it records it's yellow. Once it's done does the light go off?

Also your right, if I was them though I would have made it a point to test these before the public was sent them to see if they were really worth it. I feel that may not have been done and that is why many of these pens don't work.
You have to hold the button down to begin recording mode. The light will be orange. Once you're done, you hold it down again & the light turns off.
 2 years ago '13        #211
space
space
space
 Hazi said:
DOOM nominated for the best rolled L's
And they wondered how he dealt with stress so well

My favorite weed bar of all time.

I think I'll just sporadically post DOOM quotables itt
Recent research shows it's no so damn harmful Sometime you need to detox.

It could help you with your rhyme flow and your beat box.

beaker1015 said:
It's like they know what's bout to happen

Just keep an eye out like aye aye captain

madvillainy
China was a neat sign of trouble with the scrit digit,
double dip, bubble lip, subtle lisps, midget,
borderline schizo,
sorta fine t*ts though,
Pour tha wine, wh0ore to grind
Quarter to nine let's go!

That n*gga doom Makes me wish I wrote that sh*t. Villian way too slick!

Last edited by Guvnor; 07-15-2015 at 05:39 PM..
 2 years ago '13        #212
space
space
space
 Nahmeanuheard said:
You have to hold the button down to begin recording mode. The light will be orange. Once you're done, you hold it down again & the light turns off.
Oh I see, mine is totally messed up than. Sometime when I plug it turns blue and other times orange but the record function is not working
 2 years ago '13        #213
space
space
space
 AROD MONEY said:
bvbvbvbvbvbvbvbvbvb
 Nahmeanuheard said:
bvbvbvbvbvbvb
 Hazi said:
bbvbvbvb
@

New Unreleased Leaked Madvillian

Last edited by Guvnor; 07-24-2015 at 06:18 PM..
 2 years ago '04        #214
Nahmeanuheard 5 heat pts
space
space
 Guvnor said:
@

Sounds good. I'm sure DOOM & Madlib have a whole bunch of songs stashed away. They mesh so well together that I doubt they only recorded those songs for Madvillainy, a few others & that's it. DOOM needs to get off his lazy a.ss & bless us with more music.

Dude is amazing & he's 44 now, he can't be playing with us like that. 1 album every 4-5 years ain't cutting it for me.
 2 years ago '12        #215
Hazi 12 heat pts12
space
space
 Guvnor said:
@

DOOM still sounds a little tired, but this is good. Beat is craaaaaaaaazy. Any Madvillain is good Madvillain. Props Guvnor.
 2 years ago '14        #216
El Caballero 59 heat pts59
space
space
$22,291 | Props total: 21731 21731
 Nahmeanuheard said:

Sounds good. I'm sure DOOM & Madlib have a whole bunch of songs stashed away. They mesh so well together that I doubt they only recorded those songs for Madvillainy, a few others & that's it. DOOM needs to get off his lazy a.ss & bless us with more music.

Dude is amazing & he's 44 now, he can't be playing with us like that. 1 album every 4-5 years ain't cutting it for me.
It's just crazy how we keep hearing about these projects he's supposedly working on but they never materialize and instead we get some other project.

Him living in London now has to be slowing everything down too..I wonder what he's even doing..he's not really doing many shows.

I never even saw any interviewer ask him if his family moved out to England with him. He was just denied entry to the US and that's almost all we know.
 2 years ago '15        #217
Domo Swayze 2 heat pts
space
space
$351 | Props total: 220 220
Doom really is that n*gga, if im being honest, Madvillany is one of my fav albums that have come out this century.
 2 years ago '04        #218
Nahmeanuheard 5 heat pts
space
space
 El Caballero said:
It's just crazy how we keep hearing about these projects he's supposedly working on but they never materialize and instead we get some other project.

Him living in London now has to be slowing everything down too..I wonder what he's even doing..he's not really doing many shows.

I never even saw any interviewer ask him if his family moved out to England with him. He was just denied entry to the US and that's almost all we know.
According to this Facebook page he's supposed to be at this music festival next week. If I'm reading it correctly, it says he's doing music from the new Madvillainy album. . If it's true then that means that the album might be close.

Can we embed Facebook posts on here? Can't seem to get it to work.

Last edited by Nahmeanuheard; 07-25-2015 at 11:31 AM..
 2 years ago '14        #219
El Caballero 59 heat pts59
space
space
$22,291 | Props total: 21731 21731
 Nahmeanuheard said:
According to this Facebook page he's supposed to be at this music festival next week. If I'm reading it correctly, it says he's doing music from the new Madvillainy album. . If it's true then that means that the album might be close.

Can we embed Facebook posts on here? Can't seem to get it to work.
Yeah I saw that too. I wonder when that album coming out they been talking about it forever
 2 years ago '09        #220
abstruse 
space
space
$2,155 | Props total: 330 330
goat
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Imagine the backshots
58 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside I wanna bury my face in this rappers @ss
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside I Just woke up did nibiru hit us?
34 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Stevie J's latest 𝔅uild-Ǻ-Bit©h
52 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sep 24 - Trumps NFL tweets are an illegal act.
88 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I see riri ima eat it like panini
42 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 24 - Sir Jigga launches private airline
62 comments
22 hours ago