Did Jay-Z purposely sabotage DMX to elevate himself in the rap game? skills not enough?

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
43 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
92 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
67 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
90 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-06-2013, 12:25 PM         #101
kk504  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HipHopFactz said:
the issue x brings up is the marketing budget and delaying the album, all of which had a negative effect on him..

also lets not act like jayz didn't eat up freeways marketing budget on his own album
bro.... bad music and crack had an effect on him.

DMX THE GREAT DEPRESSION OCTOBER 23, 2001 DECEMBER 14, 2001 DEF JAM RECORDS STANDARD PLATINUM ALBUM SOLO

DMX THE GRAND CHAMP SEPTEMBER 16, 2003 NOVEMBER 07, 2003 DEF JAM RECORDS STANDARD PLATINUM ALBUM SOLO

^^those were his last two albums prior to YOTDA

...AND THEN THERE WAS X DECEMBER 21, 1999 FEBRUARY 07, 2001 RUSH a.ssOCIATED LABELS STANDARD 5.00X MULTI PLATINUM ALBUM SOLO

^^this was his last BIG album.

FLESH OF MY FLESH, BLOOD OF MY BLOOD DECEMBER 22, 1998 DECEMBER 15, 2000 RUSH a.ssOCIATED LABELS STANDARD 3.00X MULTI PLATINUM ALBUM

IT'S DARK AND HELL IS HOT MAY 19, 1998 DECEMBER 18, 2000 DEF JAM/POLYGRAM STANDARD 4.00X MULTI PLATINUM ALBUM SOLO

^these were his first two.

notice how when his first 3 were hot, they sold incredibly well.

yet when his next 3 dropped (all musically below x standards) he sold less and less each time???

and two of those were BEFORE jay became president...
 5 years ago '13        #102
HipHopFactz 437 heat pts437
space
space
$31,079 | Props total: 38467 38467
typing up way to many essays

DMX went from a plat selling rapper with 5 no 1 albums

to a non plat selling rapper missing out on the no 1 spot during jayz reign

also X wasnt the only one to accuse jayz of blackballing and fu*kin with their careers, there were a number of rappers who said the same
 04-06-2013, 12:30 PM         #103
kk504  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mR ReZiW said:
I will reply to that when you reply to this :/

[pic - click to view]

so you think it's unlikely that a high profile artist may have STARTED doing crack once they progressively became more successful & famous???

ever heard of this lovely lady?

[pic - click to view]

i heard she died last year
 04-06-2013, 12:33 PM         #104
bigree61  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jay did and is making sure no other poor black men come up

look at who he puts on

look who he got all those "hate n n*ggas" he got away from him and look at who his "bff's" are

he is the biggest sellout in hip hop history
 04-06-2013, 12:34 PM         #105
kk504  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HipHopFactz said:
typing up way to many essays

DMX went from a plat selling rapper with 5 no 1 albums

to a non plat selling rapper missing out on the no 1 spot during jayz reign

also X wasnt the only one to accuse jayz of blackballing and fu*kin with their careers, there were a number of rappers who said the same
so 50 went from 8-10 million, to 5, to 1, to 500k

did jay have him blackballed too?? or did bad music do that to him?

because that's what happened to x.

bad music=career k!ller
 04-06-2013, 12:37 PM         #106
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kk504 said:

[pic - click to view]

so you think it's unlikely that a high profile artist may have STARTED doing crack once they progressively became more successful & famous???

ever heard of this lovely lady?

[pic - click to view]

i heard she died last year
Whitney didnt grow up in the projects or in group homes like X

is this really your proof? whitney houston

"you aint gotta embarrass a fool, he'll do it himself"
 04-06-2013, 12:41 PM         #107
kk504  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HipHopFactz said:
Grand Champ is the fifth album by American rapper DMX, released in 2003. Grand Champ features the popular singles "Where the Hood At?" and "Get It On The Floor". The album sold 312,000 in its first week and debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200. The album eventually went 4x Platinum.

DMX THE GRAND CHAMP SEPTEMBER 16, 2003 NOVEMBER 07, 2003 DEF JAM RECORDS STANDARD PLATINUM ALBUM SOLO

men lie, women lie, NUMBERS DON'T]
@ using a wikipedia article as your source... and ironically the 4x platinum part doesn't have a link to verify it.

hey gimme a second, i'ma edit that page and then you're going to quote me in here

Last edited by kk504; 04-06-2013 at 12:53 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #108
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,850 | Props total: 4839 4839
 bigree61 said:
jay did and is making sure no other poor black men come up

look at who he puts on

look who he got all those "hate n n*ggas" he got away from him and look at who his "bff's" are

he is the biggest sellout in hip hop history
u eva heard of memphis bleek my brotha
 04-06-2013, 12:44 PM         #109
kk504  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mR ReZiW said:
Whitney didnt grow up in the projects or in group homes like X

is this really your proof? whitney houston

"you aint gotta embarrass a fool, he'll do it himself"
so only hood boogers get hooked on crack???

04-06-2013, 12:44 PM         #110
kk504  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
u eva heard of memphis bleek my brotha
and kanye

n*ggas in here are straight idiots
 04-06-2013, 12:56 PM         #111
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kk504 said:
so only hood boogers get hooked on crack???

who would be more likely to be exposed to crack cocaine at a young age:/

seriously though, do you have any proof dmx started taking crack after he blew up or not?

been 7 pages now
 5 years ago '13        #112
HipHopFactz 437 heat pts437
space
space
$31,079 | Props total: 38467 38467
 kk504 said:

@ using a wikipedia article as your source... and ironically the 4x platinum part doesn't have a link to verify it.

hey gimme a second, i'ma edit that page and then you're going to quote me in here
edit it as much as u want, we'll see how long ur edit lasts for, watch Wikipedia change it back to exactly what was written before

it always makes me laugh when folk diss Wikipedia, but soon as you add some false info it's gone within 24hrs.

So miss me with that sh*t

Also it says the same on ITunes

I'm guessing the 4 mill is including worldwide sales

Also it says on that page u linked that it was counted in 2003, which was 10 damn years ago
 04-06-2013, 01:09 PM         #113
kk504  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mR ReZiW said:
who would be more likely to be exposed to crack cocaine at a young age:/

seriously though, do you have any proof dmx started taking crack after he blew up or not?

been 7 pages now
 kk504 said:
dmx: "then i realized he put some coke in the blunt"

COKE IN THE BLUNT... aka a WOO

*white announcer directly after* "it wasn't long before smoking crack became an integral part of dmx's life"

yet neither x nor his friends mentioned him smoking crack back then even ONCE in that sh*t.

amazing how that media brainwashing works.

hegelian dialectic.... look it up.

hit you with that on page 1.

then you came back with "crack is made with coke. what's the difference?? it's all the same"

when nothing could be further from the truth....

cocaine has existed for ages and was always considered a luxury drug. but soon as the CRACK epidemic hit in the 80's, once flourishing middle class black communities became straight up sh*tholes.

crack is less potent than coke, and in turn requires more hits. making it more addicting.

as for x... nowhere in that video did he or his friends mention smoking crack early on.

and i personally don't recall him making songs about smoking crack.

now did smoking woos contribute to him regressing to smoking crack LATER ON ??? sure.

is smoking woos the same as smoking crack rock????

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by kk504; 04-06-2013 at 01:13 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #114
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
Wait just a fu*king second. It would be one thing if, after all the delays and lack of marketing budget, DMX still came out with a dope album. Like Pretty Toney by Ghost, for instance, he had no mainstream lane anymore, got no marketing, but it was still a good fu*king album. DMX had BEEN in decline. Then he put out his worst album of his career. There's no argument to make. Nothing would have made YOTDA sell. Maybe it could've gone gold, but X was clearly in decline, anyone who can't see that is simply a stan. And no, his word should not be taken here because he's not gonna admit to being in decline because no one ever does that.
 04-06-2013, 01:16 PM         #115
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
are you fu*kin stupid

people were freebasing before 80a crack cocaine epidemic

you think people started smokin cocaine when the first crack rock hit the street?

like I said before, you had to google sh*t for info. So you got no idea what you're talking about

is smoking woos the same as smoking crack rock? essentially YES because you're smoking cocaine

the difference between crack and cocaine is heat and baking soda. it is NOT a different drug, just has a different chemical balance

fu*kin hell
 04-06-2013, 01:33 PM         #116
kk504  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mR ReZiW said:
are you fu*kin stupid

people were freebasing before 80a crack cocaine epidemic

you think people started smokin cocaine when the first crack rock hit the street?

like I said before, you had to google sh*t for info. So you got no idea what you're talking about

is smoking woos the same as smoking crack rock? essentially YES because you're smoking cocaine

the difference between crack and cocaine is heat and baking soda. it is NOT a different drug, just has a different chemical balance

fu*kin hell
you are a moron..

FREEBASE IS ANYTHING THAT USES AMMONIA TO REMOVE AND "FREE THE BASE" OF WHATEVER DRUG IS BEING USED. such as freebase heroin, freebase cocaine and so on... hence FREE-BASE.

crack is a cheaper, less efficient form of freebasing that includes mixing in more impurities to make the coke a crystallized rock.

and no sh*t freebasing existed prior to crack, so did heroin and other lovely drugs... but we didn't have a freebase explosion in the 80's right??? because crack was clearly cheaper and WORSE.

again, as your dumb a.ss has failed to realize, CRACK IS MORE ADDICTING BECAUSE IT REQUIRES MORE HITS...

MORE fu*kING HITS

BECAUSE IT IS LESS POTENT THAN REGULAR COCAINE.

did that NOT register with you??

if i were to smoke a woo blunt, it would hit me alot stronger and stay with me longer than a crack rock... by contrast, i would have to smoke a couple crack rocks JUST to get the same high as one weed blunt laced with regular coke... and the high would wear off quicker, requiring me to smoke more crack rocks.

holy fu*king sh*t you are an idiot.

Last edited by kk504; 04-06-2013 at 01:42 PM..
 04-06-2013, 02:21 PM         #117
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kk504 said:
you are a moron..

FREEBASE IS ANYTHING THAT USES AMMONIA TO REMOVE AND "FREE THE BASE" OF WHATEVER DRUG IS BEING USED. such as freebase heroin, freebase cocaine and so on... hence FREE-BASE.

crack is a cheaper, less efficient form of freebasing that includes mixing in more impurities to make the coke a crystallized rock.

and no sh*t freebasing existed prior to crack, so did heroin and other lovely drugs... but we didn't have a freebase explosion in the 80's right??? because crack was clearly cheaper and WORSE.

again, as your dumb a.ss has failed to realize, CRACK IS MORE ADDICTING BECAUSE IT REQUIRES MORE HITS...

MORE fu*kING HITS

BECAUSE IT IS LESS POTENT THAN REGULAR COCAINE.

did that NOT register with you??

if i were to smoke a woo blunt, it would hit me alot stronger and stay with me longer than a crack rock... by contrast, i would have to smoke a couple crack rocks JUST to get the same high as one weed blunt laced with regular coke... and the high would wear off quicker, requiring me to smoke more crack rocks.

holy fu*king sh*t you are an idiot.
read through good thread, BX in 2006 even know he used crack before he made his first song

04-06-2013, 02:36 PM         #118
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
FAO anybody that wna be hood

If you smoke cocaine or smoke crack you a crackhead
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
83 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
74 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
195 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
121 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
112 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
70 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy