Did Jay-Z purposely sabotage DMX to elevate himself in the rap game? skills not enough?

most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
38 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Minnesota with lime green uniforms tonight -- yay or nay?
25 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #81
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,845 | Props total: 4830 4830
 HipHopFactz said:
I haven't made no moral judgement on the issue, nor have I said Jay blackballed him, I can only go by what DMX is saying, I haven't heard what Jay has to say on the issue.

However I would rather believe DMX than some kid on Boxden pretending like he knows what went on during Jayz reign as president and why certain choices were made.

"X is on crack, yadda yaddda" and other stupid reasoning, just admit nobody knows what went on as their isn't enough info and keep it moving...
ive worked in and around tha music biz for 15 years and produce my own dvds so i know tha cost.bottom line is guys like X cant accept tha fact that they arent hot anymore and cant move units,so they always look for somebody to blame.these dudes are around nothin but yes men,who dont keep it real wit them

X was 1 of tha biggest rap stars out tha late 90's,what promotion does his album need?jayz has kept himself relevant by workin wit new tha hottest new talent like kanye,drake,jcole,lil wayne.when tha last time u heard x on a feature?all that jail time,relapsing,catchin case after case,thats X fault and nobody elses
 5 years ago '05        #82
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
 HipHopFactz said:
I haven't made no moral judgement on the issue, nor have I said Jay blackballed him, I can only go by what DMX is saying, I haven't heard what Jay has to say on the issue.

However I would rather believe DMX than some kid on Boxden pretending like he knows what went on during Jayz reign as president and why certain choices were made.

"X is on crack, yadda yaddda" and other stupid reasoning, just admit nobody knows what went on as there isn't enough info and keep it moving...
It's not about pretending to know what went on, it's about using simple logic. DMX was putting out trash and had been declining for years, like burgundy said, no amount of marketing dollars could have saved that album.
 5 years ago '13        #83
HipHopFactz 437 heat pts437
space
space
$31,079 | Props total: 38466 38466
 kk504 said:
Total Posts
Total Posts: 2,106
Find all posts by HipHopFactz
Find all threads started by HipHopFactz

Total Posts
Total Posts: 242
Find all posts by kk504
Find all threads started by kk504

you were saying something about bx nerds???

for the record NEITHER OF US KNOWS WHAT WENT ON BEHIND CLOSED DOORS.....

and i'm certainly not taking a crackhead's word for it...

I'm not the one here acting like I am working at Def Jam and know the in's and out's of why Jayz decided to do what he did

Nor have I stated anything in regards to Jayz blackballing DMX, all I said is we only have one side to the story and I much rather believe that than some nerd like urself trying to put a guesswork spin on the subject.

DMX being on crack has no bearing on the matter, he always was a substance abuser as are/were many rock stars who put out classic material.

You are simply mad at DMX cuz he insulted ur idol Geriatric Hov
 04-06-2013, 12:04 PM         #84
kk504  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mR ReZiW said:
use internet slang= being online too long we're all guilty

you have yet to prove x started taking crack after he blew up

my proof x was blackballed is in op you fu*kin idiot
but you didn't offer up any proof... only speculation without any concrete proof other than a crackhead's word.

so what caused his sudden decline in music???

if according to you, x was "always on crack"...

if crack supposedly helped him create IDAHIH FOMFbomb & TTWX, why couldn't it help him make GD, GC & YOTDA better??? it's not like he didn't have access to good beats & guest appearances.

and you don't think there's a correlation between the decline in his music and the decline in his popularity?
 04-06-2013, 12:06 PM         #85
kk504  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Vancouver said:
It's not about pretending to know what went on, it's about using simple logic. DMX was putting out trash and had been declining for years, like burgundy said, no amount of marketing dollars could have saved that album.

pu$$y said:
i mean, his music wasn't good anymore. if x put out a song right now, it would not be good. period.

Year of the Dog and Undisputed were trash
see what i mean?? others have been pointing out the same thing..

but noooo, it was all jigga's fault. that evil illuminati puppet!
 5 years ago '07        #86
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
space
$11,915 | Props total: 573 573
let's keep it 100

the climate changed and nobody was interested in listening to a DMX album
 04-06-2013, 12:08 PM         #87
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kk504 said:
but you didn't offer up any proof... only speculation without any concrete proof other than a crackhead's word.

so what caused his sudden decline in music???

if according to you, x was "always on crack"...

if crack supposedly helped him create IDAHIH FOMFbomb & TTWX, why couldn't it help him make GD, GC & YOTDA better??? it's not like he didn't have access to good beats & guest appearances.

and you don't think there's a correlation between the decline in his music and the decline in his popularity?
like the guy said, the body dont stay young forever. the years of abuse finally took its toll

but dont jump the gun

5 years ago '13        #88
space
space
 Vancouver said:
There is no simple logic when it comes to the music biz, it's a complex industry.

Dmx and Jay have history, both negative and positive, so we don't know if Jay may of wanted to get back at X, which is what DMX suggested. Its not out of the realms of reasoning.

Prior to Jay becoming President DMX last album went 4 times plat

Grand Champ was a huge commercial success, no 1 album, and even prior to that The Great Depression was NO1 and went plat

So here you have a guy with 5 no 1 albums, coming off the back off an album which sold 4 million units

and soon as Jay becomes president of Def Jam, dude randomly falls off?

5 years ago '07        #89
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
space
$11,915 | Props total: 573 573
 HipHopFactz said:
There is no simple logic when it comes to the music biz, it's a complex industry.

Dmx and Jay have history, both negative and positive, so we don't know if Jay may of wanted to get back at X, which is what DMX suggested. Its not out of the realms of reasoning.

Grand Champ was a huge commercial success, no 1 album, and even prior to that The Great Depression was NO1 and went plat

So here you have a guy with 5 no 1 albums, coming off the back of an album which sold 4 million units

look at g unit with terminate on sight

it could happen

5 years ago '07        #90
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 HipHopFactz said:

So here you have a guy with 5 no 1 albums, coming off the back of an album which sold 4 million units

yeah but tha thing is,#1 albums are somethin every music exec wants lol,so sabotaging X would be counter productive to jays career as an executive.jayz has sold great and competed against X while he was in his prime.what on earth would he have to gain by "sabotaging" X when dude is already clearly faded out
 04-06-2013, 12:13 PM         #91
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^^^^^^^^^

lol @ thinking jay was serious about being a music exec.. how long did he stick it out for? he obviously completed some kinda of "objective" and was done with it

and YOTDA was the final factor to X being faded out, he wasnt "already clearly faded out"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FYI

the thread title is a question not a statement :/

Last edited by A6249CF; 04-06-2013 at 12:16 PM..
 5 years ago '13        #92
space
space
To sum up what I said

DMX had 5 no 1 albums, his Fifth album sold 4 million units

Soon as Jayz became president

DMX for the first time didn't go no 1 and it didn't even go plat

in terms of a fall off that's huge, x may have a point
 5 years ago '07        #93
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 HipHopFactz said:
To sum up what I said

so jayz somehow kept 4 million fans from buyin X album?
 04-06-2013, 12:16 PM         #94
kk504  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mR ReZiW said:
like the guy said, the body dont stay young forever. the years of abuse finally took its toll

but dont jump the gun
wtf are you talking about??? years of abuse??? IDAHIH, FOMFbomb and ATTWX were recorded within a short time frame.

x started recording songs for great depression a little less than a year after ATTWX, and GD was bland as fu*k.

so what's the excuse there??? crack helped make ATTWX hot but didn't work for GD??
 5 years ago '13        #95
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
so jayz somehow kept 4 million fans from buyin X album?
the issue x brings up is the marketing budget and delaying the album, all of which had a negative effect on him..

also lets not act like jayz didn't eat up freeways marketing budget on his own album
 04-06-2013, 12:18 PM         #96
kk504  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HipHopFactz said:
To sum up what I said

in terms of a fall off that's huge, x may have a point

DMX THE GRAND CHAMP SEPTEMBER 16, 2003 NOVEMBER 07, 2003 DEF JAM RECORDS STANDARD PLATINUM ALBUM SOLO

men lie, women lie, NUMBERS DON'T
 5 years ago '13        #97
space
space
 kk504 said:

DMX THE GRAND CHAMP SEPTEMBER 16, 2003 NOVEMBER 07, 2003 DEF JAM RECORDS STANDARD PLATINUM ALBUM SOLO

men lie, women lie, NUMBERS DON'T
Grand Champ is the fifth album by American rapper DMX, released in 2003. Grand Champ features the popular singles "Where the Hood At?" and "Get It On The Floor". The album sold 312,000 in its first week and debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200. The album eventually went 4x Platinum.
 04-06-2013, 12:22 PM         #98
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pu$$y said:
i mean, his music wasn't good anymore. if x put out a song right now, it would not be good. period.

Year of the Dog and Undisputed were trash
this joint nice, cmon man

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #99
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 HipHopFactz said:
the issue x brings up is the marketing budget and delaying the album, all of which had a negative effect on him..

also lets not act like jayz didn't eat up freeways marketing budget on his own album
dmx thought that since jay became president,he could put out any album that he wanted and not worry about makin hit songs.he was mistaken.sh*t still has to be sold at tha end of tha day
 04-06-2013, 12:24 PM         #100
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kk504 said:
wtf are you talking about??? years of abuse??? IDAHIH, FOMFbomb and ATTWX were recorded within a short time frame.

x started recording songs for great depression a little less than a year after ATTWX, and GD was bland as fu*k.

so what's the excuse there??? crack helped make ATTWX hot but didn't work for GD??
I will reply to that when you reply to this :/

Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
70 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
78 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
77 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
80 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
25 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
26 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy