Did Jay-Z purposely sabotage DMX to elevate himself in the rap game? skills not enough?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
97 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
64 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
147 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #61
CartelFamill 55 heat pts55
space
space
space
$5,156 | Props total: 1495 1495
You know whats Funny?....If it wasnt for Jayz....ALOT OF THEM n*ggaS album's wouldnt have Dropped PERIOD...U think LA Reid was goin' fu*k with DMX knowing he was Cracked up?....Stop it...n*ggas blame Jayz for all that sh*t....But Never Blame theyselfs....and Funny sh*t is....WHEN HE WAS GONE THEY ALBUMS SOLD EVEN LESS

and Ummmmm Kingdom Come had Massive Promotion that DEF JAM aint have sh*t to do with

and Whoever said COKE is Cheaper than Crack.....YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE fu*k YOU TALKIN' BOUT
 5 years ago '04        #62
J.BEEZY 10 heat pts10
space
space
$8,324 | Props total: 2474 2474
jay is just like puff and baby...minus the ghostwriters and abc rhymes...aka hes a snake

he fu*ked dmx point blank
 5 years ago '06        #63
daillest1 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$1,583 | Props total: 735 735
fu*k Jay z Hes the biggest d!ck rider in the industry not to mentio he wants to be 50 so fu*kin bad
 04-06-2013, 07:51 AM         #64
kk504  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 gangtsa said:
jay albums are like events? cant be serious. It's because of the bafoons who work for certain establishments that certain albums are marketed a certain way. Or are seen in a certain light remember its all perspective.

Jay can drop absolute trash(WTT) and the album will be met with great reviews and ratings. He's got the machien working for him, look at all the fabricated stories with him and B. Or even the cano story...jay has alraedy been caught lying about his amount of shares with the Nets. IMO the Cano thing is more about publicity and his image of a business man.

Anyways with the horrible marketing x got his sh*t still went platinum. X through it all is still X. It's always the guys who get dragged through the mud in the media that get judged lol...whats the source bossip sites? hip hop sites? This is all ENTERTAINMENT remember that. Guys like X with no filter will always be "crack addicts, absentee fathers, insane, etc." in the media.
wtf are you talkin about??? x IS a crack addict... HE HIMSELF has admitted it. and YOTDA got horrible marketing because it was a horrible album. ANYONE with two good ears could hear that. and that bullsh*t NEVER went platinum. sh*t was a weed plate, plain and simple. bad beats, bad rhymes, no direction in the album.

and WTT was absolute trash??? to who, YOU lmao

to call it disappointing for not living up to expectations is one thing, but to call it complete trash is just plain hatin.

i don't think i heard a whip drive by in late 2011-early 2012 that WASN'T bumpin "n*ggas in paris" or "otis" or "murder to excellence" or "no church in the wild" or "ham" or "who gon stop me"

i just wanna know what imaginary world you live in were n*ggas go by ratings when buyin albums??? for example: ghostface gets GLOWING reviews for his sh*t and doesn't sell because his music just doesn't resonate with the youth (rap's biggest consumer base). prior to jay becoming president, ghost already had 2 flops (pretty tony and bullet proof wallets<--which was HORRIBLE btw)

has jay blackballed people???? of course! jayo felony & jaz-o anyone???

but did he have a hand in the destruction of x's career?? no.

lackluster music and crack had a hand in that.

Last edited by kk504; 04-06-2013 at 08:56 AM..
 5 years ago '12        #65
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,762 | Props total: 22144 22144
 mR ReZiW said:
X was doing crack before he started rapping

#fact
 04-06-2013, 11:05 AM         #66
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
still got no idea how this guy post a budden line as evidence X started doing crack after he made it big

#PHAIL
 5 years ago '13        #67
HipHopFactz 437 heat pts437
space
space
$31,072 | Props total: 38427 38427
 kk504 said:
crack sabotaged x's career.

the end.
x was always on crack
 5 years ago '13        #68
space
space
You guys may of not read DMX bio, he admitted to dabbling with coke and crack, den u have that backstage docu where it is mentioned he messes with crack

The older he got the effects of crack were more evident, the body cant remain young forever, long continued use will damage u.

Although X still seemed ok when Jay was president of Def Jam, it was much later he started lookin and acting weird, with the slurring
 5 years ago '07        #69
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,842 | Props total: 4828 4828
anybody who says jay blackballed X just dont kno anything about tha music biz.period.u create a buzz by makin a hit record,X singles were garbage and gettin no radio play.aint no amount of promotion woulda saved that album.all tha people who would buy it likely brought it.succesful rappers hav to be able to reinvent themselves every few years and X just couldnt do that.end of story
 04-06-2013, 11:34 AM         #70
kk504  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mR ReZiW said:
#PHAIL
you fail at spelling fail... which makes your fail ironic.

unless you're just a nerdy white guy, at which point you just fail at life in general.
 04-06-2013, 11:38 AM         #71
kk504  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
anybody who says jay blackballed X just dont kno anything about tha music biz.period.u create a buzz by makin a hit record,X singles were garbage and gettin no radio play.aint no amount of promotion woulda saved that album.all tha people who would buy it likely brought it.succesful rappers hav to be able to reinvent themselves every few years and X just couldnt do that.end of story
basically.

these mental midgets can't quite grasp that logic though.

everything wrong in hip hop is apparently jay's fault it seems
 5 years ago '13        #72
space
space
Also the folk saying Jay didn't blackball him etc....none of u know what went on behind the scenes, u have DMX side of the story, u don't have Jay side

I rather believe DMX than some bx nerd who wasn't there, and also X knows more about the game and how it works than anyone on here.

Jayz stans try way to hard, stop it, that dude wudnt acknowledge u
 04-06-2013, 11:42 AM         #73
kk504  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HipHopFactz said:
Also the folk saying Jay didn't blackball him etc....none of u know what went on behind the scenes, u have DMX side of the story, u don't have Jay side

I rather believe DMX than some bx nerd who wasn't there, and also X knows more about the game and how it works than anyone on here.
the only thing x knows without a shadow of a doubt is fu*king crack. n*gga is a certified expert in that regard.

so in conclusion, you take a crackhead's word as bible....

yeah, clearly you're not stupid.
 04-06-2013, 11:43 AM         #74
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kk504 said:
you fail at spelling fail... which makes your fail ironic.

unless you're just a nerdy white guy, at which point you just fail at life in general.

[pic - click to view]

#NOTSUREIFSERIOUS

------------------------------------------------

lol @ completely ignoring most of that post of choosing to reply to one word.
 5 years ago '13        #75
space
space
 kk504 said:
the only thing x knows without a shadow of a doubt is fu*king crack. n*gga is a certified expert in that regard.

so in conclusion, you take a crackhead's word as bible....

yeah, clearly you're not stupid.
Stop it Stanley Carter

Ur some Boxden nerd talking like you know what went on behind the scenes, we have one side to the story, i'm sure Jay has his own version, but we don't know what that is.

However you don't know sh*t as u were not there, and lets be honest u don't know what went on in that building, ur just a Memphis Bleek mad at DMX for speaking his mind
 04-06-2013, 11:47 AM         #76
kk504  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mR ReZiW said:

[pic - click to view]

#NOTSUREIFSERIOUS

------------------------------------------------

lol @ completely ignoring most of that post of choosing to reply to one word.
exhibit A of when someone has been online waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too fu*king long.

you have yet to prove how jay "blackballed" x btw...

by contrast, several people have thoroughly proved how x blackballed his own career.
 5 years ago '07        #77
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,842 | Props total: 4828 4828
 HipHopFactz said:

Jayz stans try way to hard, stop it, that dude wudnt acknowledge u
u dont have to kno what went on behind tha scenes.business is business.if it wasnt for jay,X probally wouldnt have been able to even put an album out witout havin a hit single.people like u dont understand tha business side at all.u kno how many dudes at def jam neva got to put an album out

but just too put this in perspective,it cost about 5$ to produce 1 cd for sale.that 5 includes a artwork,cd,cd case,front and back cover.so before any label pays 5$,and in X case im gonna say about 500k worth of cd's,they wanna be sure they can recoup their money.so u do some math,and tell me what ceo would put out a cd,knowin their is no possible way to recoup
 5 years ago '13        #78
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
u dont have to kno what went on behind tha scenes.business is business.if it wasnt for jay,X probally wouldnt have been able to even put an album out witout havin a hit single.people like u dont understand tha business side at all.u kno how many dudes at def jam neva got to put an album out

but just too put this in perspective,it cost about 5$ to produce 1 cd for sale.that 5 includes a artwork,cd,cd case,front and back cover.so before any label pays 5$,and in X case im gonna say about 500k worth of cd's,they wanna be sure they can recoup their money.so u do some math,and tell me what ceo would put out a cd,knowin their is no possible way to recoup
I haven't made no moral judgement on the issue, nor have I said Jay blackballed him, I can only go by what DMX is saying, I haven't heard what Jay has to say on the issue.

However I would rather believe DMX than some kid on Boxden pretending like he knows what went on during Jayz reign as president and why certain choices were made.

"X is on crack, yadda yaddda" and other stupid reasoning, just admit nobody knows what went on as there isn't enough info and keep it moving...
 04-06-2013, 11:53 AM         #79
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kk504 said:
exhibit A of when someone has been online waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too fu*king long.

you have yet to prove how jay "blackballed" x btw...

by contrast, several people have thoroughly proved how x blackballed his own career.
use internet slang= being online too long we're all guilty

you have yet to prove x started taking crack after he blew up

my proof x was blackballed is in op you fu*kin idiot
 04-06-2013, 11:56 AM         #80
kk504  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HipHopFactz said:
Stop it Stanley Carter

Ur some Boxden nerd talking like you know what went on behind the scenes, we have one side to the story, i'm sure Jay has his own version, but we don't know what that is.

However you don't know sh*t as u were not there, and lets be honest u don't know what went on in that building, ur just a Memphis Bleek mad at DMX for speaking his mind
Total Posts
Total Posts: 2,106
Find all posts by HipHopFactz
Find all threads started by HipHopFactz

Total Posts
Total Posts: 242
Find all posts by kk504
Find all threads started by kk504

you were saying something about bx nerds???

for the record NEITHER OF US KNOWS WHAT WENT ON BEHIND CLOSED DOORS.....

and i'm certainly not taking a crackhead's word for it...
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
108 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
227 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now