Did Jay-Z purposely sabotage DMX to elevate himself in the rap game? skills not enough?

most viewed right now
 92
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
19 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 80
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
69 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 62
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
87 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 55
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
49 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 04-05-2013, 09:01 PM         #41
kk504  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kk504 said:
anyways, as far as this is concerned...



the real reason x couldn't solidify himself as the GOAT is due to him not putting forth the same effort musically. and whether jay had him blackballed or not is irrelevant. by the time YOTDA came out, he was a shell of his former self musically.

or did you forget that he dropped 2 consecutive bland albums prior to jay becoming president... starting with the great depression, which was nowhere near the level of his first 3 albums, especially on the beats.

then he dropped grand champ (2003), which was slightly better than GD, but again, very bland by x standards. at that point hip hop was also shifting it's attention to the new "it" rapper of the moment, 50 cent. most of x's old fans became 50 fans.

then (with the exception of 1 song on vol 4) we didn't get so much as a guest verse from x for 3 years.

and once YOTDA did drop, it was destined to fail.... because that sh*t was just plain TERRIBLE. wack beats, wack verses... need i say more?


x had destroyed his own career at that point, mainly due to crack. point blank.

still waiting on your reply to this.
 04-05-2013, 09:03 PM         #42
kk504  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kk504 said:
you think the project didn't sell because it was blackballed??? so what were the excuses for grand champ and great depression under performing???

and then you're going to compare that to jay, who's albums have always been like events???

x didn't sell because the fans were sick and tired of being fed bland a.ss albums by him.

same thing happened to 50.
and this...
 04-05-2013, 09:03 PM         #43
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JickBangz said:

With the chick in your avi? Who is she?

 04-05-2013, 09:05 PM         #44
kk504  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kk504 said:
you think the project didn't sell because it was blackballed??? so what were the excuses for grand champ and great depression under performing???

and then you're going to compare that to jay, who's albums have always been like events???

x didn't sell because the fans were sick and tired of being fed bland a.ss albums by him.

same thing happened to 50.
 04-05-2013, 09:08 PM         #45
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kk504 said:
"Talking bout Kiss, DMX when he was fu*kin' wit coke" Dum Out-Joe Budden

^^ even other rappers have pointed it out in song.

[pic - click to view]



this is your proof?




































































[pic - click to view]

 04-05-2013, 09:14 PM         #46
kk504  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
plus your argument was flawed from the gate.

so, if you believe YOTDA was such a bad album, then what in the fu*ks of all flying fu*ks made you believe that more marketing dollars was going to help that sh*t sandwich sell?

and above all else, WHY would you want that terrible album to sell???? what purpose does it serve YOU as a fan?

did we as fans get a quality product? no... so then, wtf could it possibly be? seeing x succeed?? so he could in turn continue making MORE bullsh*t??

lmao
 5 years ago '13        #47
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
avatar space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
That's brandy!

I never knew she was that s3xy.
 04-05-2013, 09:16 PM         #48
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kk504 said:
anyways, as far as this is concerned...



the real reason x couldn't solidify himself as the GOAT is due to him not putting forth the same effort musically. and whether jay had him blackballed or not is irrelevant. by the time YOTDA came out, he was a shell of his former self musically.

or did you forget that he dropped 2 consecutive bland albums prior to jay becoming president... starting with the great depression, which was nowhere near the level of his first 3 albums, especially on the beats.

then he dropped grand champ (2003), which was slightly better than GD, but again, very bland by x standards. at that point hip hop was also shifting it's attention to the new "it" rapper of the moment, 50 cent. most of x's old fans became 50 fans.

then (with the exception of 1 song on vol 4) we didn't get so much as a guest verse from x for 3 years.

and once YOTDA did drop, it was destined to fail.... because that sh*t was just plain TERRIBLE. wack beats, wack verses... need i say more?


x had destroyed his own career at that point, mainly due to crack. point blank.
Gran champ was by NO means bland. That had a few certified tunes on there that held down the album

I wouldn't even say 50 stole Xs lime light. Grand Champ dropped after GRODT and still did numbers, granted it wasnt gna touch fif sells. but it still done well.

After GC X went on his hiatus. I wouldn't even say YOTDA failed, considering X had been out the game for 3 years and came back with minimal promotion to reach #2 in the billboards . If he was actually pushed he could of done ALOT more
 04-05-2013, 09:17 PM         #49
kk504  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kk504 said:
anyways, as far as this is concerned...



the real reason x couldn't solidify himself as the GOAT is due to him not putting forth the same effort musically. and whether jay had him blackballed or not is irrelevant. by the time YOTDA came out, he was a shell of his former self musically.

or did you forget that he dropped 2 consecutive bland albums prior to jay becoming president... starting with the great depression, which was nowhere near the level of his first 3 albums, especially on the beats.

then he dropped grand champ (2003), which was slightly better than GD, but again, very bland by x standards. at that point hip hop was also shifting it's attention to the new "it" rapper of the moment, 50 cent. most of x's old fans became 50 fans.

then (with the exception of 1 song on vol 4) we didn't get so much as a guest verse from x for 3 years.

and once YOTDA did drop, it was destined to fail.... because that sh*t was just plain TERRIBLE. wack beats, wack verses... need i say more?


x had destroyed his own career at that point, mainly due to crack. point blank.
^good to see you don't refute this. because it's true.



 kk504 said:
you think the project didn't sell because it was blackballed??? so what were the excuses for grand champ and great depression under performing???

and then you're going to compare that to jay, who's albums have always been like events???

x didn't sell because the fans were sick and tired of being fed bland a.ss albums by him.

same thing happened to 50.

#fact


 kk504 said:
plus your argument was flawed from the gate.

so, if you believe YOTDA was such a bad album, then what in the fu*ks of all flying fu*ks made you believe that more marketing dollars was going to help that sh*t sandwich sell?

and above all else, WHY would you want that terrible album to sell???? what purpose does it serve YOU as a fan?

did we as fans get a quality product? no... so then, wtf could it possibly be? seeing x succeed?? so he could in turn continue making MORE bullsh*t??

lmao
 04-05-2013, 09:22 PM         #50
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kk504 said:
plus your argument was flawed from the gate.

so, if you believe YOTDA was such a bad album, then what in the fu*ks of all flying fu*ks made you believe that more marketing dollars was going to help that sh*t sandwich sell?

and above all else, WHY would you want that terrible album to sell???? what purpose does it serve YOU as a fan?

did we as fans get a quality product? no... so then, wtf could it possibly be? seeing x succeed?? so he could in turn continue making MORE bullsh*t??

lmao
look at Kingdom Come.... You gonna say that was a good album? marketing dollars are the resulting factor of the game son

I didn't WANT it to sell, I'm just saying with the correct backing it would of. simple

im no fan of x or jay. this is no stan war

jay z continues making bullsh*t music i dont see no one complaining. or did people actually like bp3?
 04-05-2013, 09:25 PM         #51
kk504  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mR ReZiW said:
Gran champ was by NO means bland. That had a few certified tunes on there that held down the album

I wouldn't even say 50 stole Xs lime light. Grand Champ dropped after GRODT and still did numbers, granted it wasnt gna touch fif sells. but it still done well.

After GC X went on his hiatus. I wouldn't even say YOTDA failed, considering X had been out the game for 3 years and came back with minimal promotion to reach #2 in the billboards . If he was actually pushed he could of done ALOT more


grand champ was bland bro. no matter how you try and paint it, it didn't perform the way previous x albums did because of that. just like great depression before it.

and YOTDA was destined to fail because it was just plain bad. point blank n*gga. no amount of marketing dollars was going to change that.

x's took himself out the game, not jay.
 04-05-2013, 09:30 PM         #52
kk504  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mR ReZiW said:
look at Kingdom Come.... You gonna say that was a good album? marketing dollars are the resulting factor of the game son

I didn't WANT it to sell, I'm just saying with the correct backing it would of. simple

im no fan of x or jay. this is no stan war

jay z continues making bullsh*t music i dont see no one complaining. or did people actually like bp3?
jay had a consistent track record of solo releases prior to kingdom come. black album being his last before 2006, and just about everyone loved that.

what was his misstep up until that point??? bp2?? that's one hell of a misstep to have if you ask me. bp2 SHIIIIIIIIITS on both grand champ and great depression in terms of listenability.

jay was teflon until 2006.

x was not.
 04-05-2013, 09:31 PM         #53
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kk504 said:
you think the project didn't sell because it was blackballed??? so what were the excuses for grand champ and great depression under performing???

and then you're going to compare that to jay, who's albums have always been like events???

x didn't sell because the fans were sick and tired of being fed bland a.ss albums by him.

same thing happened to 50.
I don't think it sold as much as it would have if it hadn't have been black balled, which is common sense.


i wouldn't even say GC and GD underperformed to be fair. Thats like saying Curtis underperformed.... Sheeeeit the only way was down for Curtis after The Massacre.. same as And then there was X
 5 years ago '10        #54
RedLight 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,405 | Props total: 2348 2348
Sometimes you gotta watch when people speak like this... notice how he did not in any way, shape or form blame himself... maybe it was your music that was wack X?

I love DMX, one of the greatest to ever do it but it's true, dude was kinda falling off and judging on interviews of how people talk about Jay it seems as if Jay does not like to confront situations, instead he dodges them.

I bet X came up with the album and Jay knew it was wack but instead of working with him to make a better album he dodged him lol.
 04-05-2013, 09:41 PM         #55
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kk504 said:


grand champ was bland bro. no matter how you try and paint it, it didn't perform the way previous x albums did because of that. just like great depression before it.

and YOTDA was destined to fail because it was just plain bad. point blank n*gga. no amount of marketing dollars was going to change that.

x's took himself out the game, not jay.
Now we see. It is all clear. DMX believes what they say in Def Jam board meetings. He actually believes that what Mr Budden and Just Blaze did earlier this year is what one should do in hip-hop right now - meaning, shout popular thug slogans over irritatingly OTT beats for an hour or so.
i see you though

to be honest, its retarded to think an album being blackballed had no effect on the album
 04-05-2013, 09:42 PM         #56
kk504  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mR ReZiW said:
I don't think it sold as much as it would have if it hadn't have been black balled, which is common sense.


i wouldn't even say GC and GD underperformed to be fair. Thats like saying Curtis underperformed.... Sheeeeit the only way was down for Curtis after The Massacre.. same as And then there was X
curtis DID under perform though.

you don't go from 8 million, to 5 million to 1 and NOT call that underperforming.

same way you don't go from 3-5 million a piece on your first 3 to a milli each on your next 2.

both had a huge drop in quality of music, so both saw a huge drop in sales over successive albums.


Last edited by kk504; 04-05-2013 at 09:45 PM..
 04-05-2013, 09:42 PM         #57
Brolic757  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yes another jigga thread...THE G.O.A.T.
 04-05-2013, 09:46 PM         #58
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RedLight said:
Sometimes you gotta watch when people speak like this... notice how he did not in any way, shape or form blame himself... maybe it was your music that was wack X?

I love DMX, one of the greatest to ever do it but it's true, dude was kinda falling off and judging on interviews of how people talk about Jay it seems as if Jay does not like to confront situations, instead he dodges them.

I bet X came up with the album and Jay knew it was wack but instead of working with him to make a better album he dodged him lol.
interesting analogy

3:30secs


[video - click to view]


I always did think pap was talking about jigga
 5 years ago '05        #59
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
avatar space
space
$25,238 | Props total: 9643 9643
 JickBangz said:
Tipos are Crazy tonight!
 5 years ago '05        #60
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
 mR ReZiW said:
dont get me wrong YOTD was a terrible album. but it still done numbers with minimal promotion

if the project wasnt "blackballed" so to speak, it would of done more... no?

August 1, 2006 Year of the Dog... Again 125,000 fw

November 21, 2006 Kingdom Come 680,000 fw



You can take alot from the, figures and dates
Every album will do more with more marketing, that doesn't mean it will recoup that marketing money though. Besides, lots of Def Jam albums around this time received little marketing because Def Jam, and the industry, was going through major changes. Lots of albums on Def Jam that were a lot better than YOTDA didn't get marketing and did low numbers. You don't see Ghostface complaining that Jay tried to fu*k up his career, he just wasn't hot like that anymore, even though PT and FS were dope albums. But just because an album is dope, doesn't mean you can justify throwing a big marketing budget behind it. Worse, if the album is sh*t and the artist isn't hot like that anymore, as was the case with DMX, then you definitely can't justify throwing a big marketing budget behind it. Simple economics.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 44
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 40
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
24 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 32
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 29
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
82 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 19
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
44 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 16
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
170 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
148 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
133 comments
2 days ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy