Nationals best record in the MLB appreciation thread (2013)

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
75 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
59 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-11-2013, 11:16 PM         #601
P Griff 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 4 years ago '12        #602
cubes 4 heat pts
space
space
$12,580 | Props total: 6030 6030
 st21 said:
so we just won 1 game against the Phillies

we're not making the playoffs.

this team is a huge bust. still enough young talent to be optimistic for the future. Rendon is going to be a pure beast.
You didnt learn anything by giving up on John Wall 5 months ago?

4 games out of the Wild Card, 6 games out of the division with 70+ to play

[video - click to view]

Freckle Face said:
Where ya been didn't troll yesterday??
 07-12-2013, 12:34 AM         #603
Freckle Face 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 steeLTown said:
what do we call the Capitals going yet another year without at least making a Finals appearance with Ovie the "MVP" leading the way?

He is The MVP though?
 4 years ago '07        #604
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,611 | Props total: 3237 3237
 4 years ago '07        #605
st21 1234 heat pts1234
space
space
$55,459 | Props total: 43434 43434
 cubes said:
You didnt learn anything by giving up on John Wall 5 months ago?

4 games out of the Wild Card, 6 games out of the division with 70+ to play
i didn't give up on him i'm just not as high on him as i once was. still think he's an effective player but he's not the franchise changer he was advertised to be. i think that's a fair statement

the man in my avy is a true franchise savior god send

Last edited by st21; 07-12-2013 at 07:54 AM..
 07-12-2013, 08:04 AM         #606
Freckle Face 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 st21 said:
i didn't give up on him i'm just not as high on him as i once was. still think he's an effective player but he's not the franchise changer he was advertised to be. i think that's a fair statement

the man in my avy is a true franchise savior god send
IDK bro you kinda switched to Beal... I'm not judging though
 4 years ago '05        #607
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,873 | Props total: 8394 8394

4 years ago '07        #608
st21 1234 heat pts1234
space
space
$55,459 | Props total: 43434 43434
 Freckle Face said:
IDK bro you kinda switched to Beal... I'm not judging though
Beal will have the better career when its all said and done.
 07-12-2013, 08:34 AM         #609
Freckle Face 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Blasphemous the power of Christ compels you!
 07-12-2013, 08:35 AM         #610
Freckle Face 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:

D.C. n*ggas run you n*ggas... Get ready for Week 1
 07-12-2013, 09:25 AM         #611
Shawn James 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lmao, man i remember going down to dc and phillies fans would own that stadium... got me thinking nats fans weren't real... till this thread.
 4 years ago '05        #612
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,873 | Props total: 8394 8394
 Freckle Face said:
D.C. n*ggas run you n*ggas... Get ready for Week 1
vick gonna do you dirty week one, i mean foles, wait i mean barkley...fu*k you know what i mean
 07-12-2013, 04:44 PM         #613
Freckle Face 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

WASHINGTON NATIONALS at MIAMI MARLINS

Where: Marlins Park
Gametime: 7:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 185
Weather: Indoors

NATIONALS (47-45)

CF Denard Span
SS Ian Desmond
LF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
RF Jayson Werth
2B Anthony Rendon
C Wilson Ramos
RHP Stephen Strasburg

MARLINS (33-57)

LF Justin Ruggiano
3B Ed Lucas
RF Giancarlo Stanton
1B Logan Morrison
OF Marcell Ozuna
2B Derek Dietrich
SS Adeiny Hechavarria
C Rob Brantly
RHP Nathan Eovaldi

UMPIRES

TBA
 07-12-2013, 04:46 PM         #614
Freckle Face 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

The suggestion appeared to come out of the blue. Jordan Zimmermann, after another quality start last night in the Nationals' 3-1 loss to the Phillies, told reporters there's a chance he will skip Tuesday's All-Star Game to let his lingering stiff neck have more time to heal before the second half of the season begins.

Seriously? One of baseball's best pitchers, who has shown outward signs of being injured, might ask out of his first All-Star Game appearance because of a stiff neck?
 07-12-2013, 04:50 PM         #615
Freckle Face 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

When the Nationals promoted second baseman Anthony Rendon to the majors, it meant the next edition of their top prospect list will change a bit at the top.

Rendon was the No. 1 prospect, so his promotion elevated right-hander Lucas Giolito and outfielder Brian Goodwin on the list. Baseball America executive editor Jim Callis believed that Giolito and Goodwin were definitely at the top of the list of Nationals prospects, but his new list won't come out until after the season.

In my opinion, Giolito takes over the No. 1 slot with an impressive mix of stuff, makeup and potential. The No. 16 overall selection in the 2012 draft arrived having to undergo Tommy John surgery in September of last year.

Giolito, who turns 19 on Sunday, has made a couple of starts for the Rookie-level Gulf Coast Nationals. Although his first outing this season lasted just five batters, his second start this week was more of what one would expect from a prospect with the caliber of arm Giolito possesses.

He tossed two shutout innings, allowing one hit, no runs and no walks, while striking out three hitters. It was a glimpse of what he could do in a real game and far more indicative than what happened to him in his first outing this season. His ERA is now 3.86.
Nationals director of player development Doug Harris talked about the stuff he has seen first-hand from Giolito during these early stages.

"He has a well-above-average fastball that reaches the upper 90s," Harris said. "His curveball has very good depth with swing-and-miss capabilities. Giolito is a diligent worker and has good aptitude."

Of course, when dealing with a prospect like Giolito, many wonder how soon he will be able to make it to the big leagues.

Harris does not want to put that kind of pressure on Giolito right now, saying it is not fair to the prospect - or really any other prospect, for that matter - to place comparisons or projections on him at the beginning of his career. But it is certainly nice to finally get Giolito into the system after successful Tommy John surgery and let his track toward the Nationals begin
 07-12-2013, 04:52 PM         #616
Freckle Face 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Danny Espinosa was 6-for-64 with 33 strikeouts over his first 19 games after he was sent to Triple-A Syracuse by the Nationals. Espinosa, 26, was initially placed on the disabled list and, after a minor league rehab stint, was optioned to the Chiefs on June 19. As Nats general manage Mike Rizzo explained at that point, in an interview on 106.7 the Fan, the 2008 third-round pick was there to work on his swing from both sides of the plate. "Once we feel that he's ready and capable to perform and to contribute on the big league level we will bring him up to the big leagues," Rizzo said.

In 44 games and 167 plate appearances before the Nationals made the decision to go with Anthony Rendon at second, Espinosa,who was playing with a torn rotator cuff, had a .158/.193/.272 line with nine doubles, three home runs and 47 strikeouts. A dismal 13-game stretch (4-for-47, 21 Ks) during which a fracture and bone chip in his wrist were discovered forced the Nats to finally make what Rizzo knew many thought was a long overdue decision. Those calling for a change before it was made undervalued Espinosa's defensive contributions, the general manager explained in an MLB Network Radio interview.

"When people discuss his value, I think that's sometimes lost," Rizzo said, "When you have a guy that's playing second base that's your backup shortstop and you can throw at shortstop and not miss a beat defensively, that's an extremely important player to have."

Since Espinosa went down, his replacement, 2011 first-round pick Rendon, has done nothing but hit.

Called back up for his second stint in the majors following some fill-in duty at third for Ryan Zimmerman earlier this season, Rendon took a .315/.351/.496 line into last night's game in Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia. The 22-year-old infielder's 1-for-3 night against the Phillies on Thursday left him with a .303/.353/.458 line on the year. He's hit 12 doubles and four home runs in 41 games and 168 plate appearances, and seems to get more comfortable at the major league level with every game.

Rendon has also adjusted quickly to a new position at second after being drafted and developed predominantly as a third baseman, though he did play second as he came up in the organization. "I think he's doing great," Davey Johnson told reporters last week. "His footwork is the main thing around the bag and how he gets there. He's learning how to hold runners on better. It generally - and I know because I made that transition - but it generally takes you 80 games to really feel comfortable on the other side there."
Rendon is picking it all up quickly.

Meanwhile, back in Triple-A, Espinosa has started to hit. After going 2-for-4 with a double and a home run last night, the switch-hitting infielder was 15-for-36 (.417/.475/.750) with four doubles, a triple, two home runs, four walks and eight strikeouts in his last 10 games. It's a nice run for Espinosa, but just how good is he going to have to be and for how long to earn himself a return to the majors?

With Rendon's emergence, Steve Lombardozzi's at bats have dried up. In mostly pinch-hit appearances in his last eight games going back to June 25, the 24-year-old utility infielder and sometime outfielder is 2-for-7 with a double, but he hasn't started a game since June 23. On the year, Lombardozzi has a .236/.249/.298 line. Bryce Harper's return took away at bats in left. Rendon's getting all the time at second. Is Lombardozzi next in line for a trip to the minors, like Tyler Moore, to get more consistent at bats?

Like Moore, Lombardozzi excelled in a difficult role as a bench player and fill-in for the Nationals last season, but both he and Moore have struggled to do the same so far this year. Could Espinosa hit his way back into a role as a utility player in the second half if Lombardozzi is not getting at-bats and is struggling to produce when he does?

Lombardozzi is the Nationals' backup shortstop right now. Would the Nats be better off with Espinosa, who was drafted as a shortstop, in Lombardozzi's role since Espinosa can fill in at both infield positions without any dropoff defensively?

Is Espinosa trade bait as the Nationals head toward the trade deadline? Can he help the team in the second half? Have we seen the last of Espinosa in the majors with the Nationals, or is there another chapter to come?
 07-12-2013, 06:12 PM         #617
Freckle Face 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
First pitch 7:11 (Ball)
 07-12-2013, 06:24 PM         #618
Freckle Face 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good Guys 2 - Bad Guys 0
 07-12-2013, 06:48 PM         #619
P Griff 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 07-12-2013, 06:49 PM         #620
Freckle Face 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Leave the crib for 5 mins to get a roll up and its 5-3.. I'm out bout to see Pacific Rim
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
153 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kojima explains death stranding gameplay and lore
20 comments
1 day ago