Nationals best record in the MLB appreciation thread (2013)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
17 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
60 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
62 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-09-2013, 05:28 PM         #581
Freckle Face 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Brian Goodwin, the Nationals’ top outfield prospect and 34th overall pick in the 2011 draft. Goodwin’s development is one to watch as, in a few years, the Nationals expect him to reach the majors in a few years, their center fielder of the future.

“He’s improved tremendously,” Harrisburg Manager Matt LeCroy said. “His outfield play, hit hitting is getting better each time he goes out and plays, he’s cut down on his strikeouts. He had a lot of strikeouts early and got himself in a better position at the plate and he’s running the bases a lot better. He’s learning. He hasn’t played that much baseball and to be in Double-A right now it’s a challenge.”

Goodwin, only 22, is performing better at Harrisburg after a brief adjustment following his jump from Class A Hagerstown, skipping Potomac. Last season at Harrisburg, the left-handed hitter posted a .223/.306/.373 triple slash line. Through 79 games this season, it has jumped to .256/.354/.395 with six home runs and 16 stolen bases in 26 tries. He has drawn 40 walks already this season; last season combined he drew 61 across both minor league levels.

“I think he was just chasing,” LeCroy said. “He was in a bad position. His body, he never got in position to see the baseball. He was taking a lot but then he was chasing a lot. He was real aggressive. But now he’s starting to see the ball. He’s using the whole field. His hands are amazing.

When he puts it all together, he’s going to be a pretty special player.”
The playing has been most beneficial. He had only played 58 games at Hagerstown before jumping to Harrisburg.

“It’s going pretty good,” he said. “I feel like I’m getting a lot of reps. I’m playing some good competition for me to figure out my game. Getting at-bats and playing over and over I think has helped a lot just to help me figure out myself and what I do best. And how I can take my game to the next level.”
 07-10-2013, 06:14 PM         #582
Freckle Face 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES

Where: Citizens Bank Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 187
Weather: Partly cloudy, 82 degrees, Wind 11 mph out to RF

NATIONALS (46-44)

CF Denard Span
SS Ian Desmond
LF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
2B Anthony Rendon
C Wilson Ramos
LHP Gio Gonzalez

PHILLIES (45-46)

CF Ben Revere
SS Jimmy Rollins
2B Chase Utley
LF Domonic Brown
3B Michael Young
RF Delmon Young
1B Darin Ruf
C Carlos Ruiz
LHP Cliff Lee

UMPIRES

HP Gary Cederstrom (cc)
1B Kerwin Danley
2B Lance Barksdale
3B Vic Carapazza

Last edited by Freckle Face; 07-10-2013 at 06:17 PM..
 07-10-2013, 06:15 PM         #583
Freckle Face 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Davey Johnson said today he doesn't expect the club to pursue pitching help before this month's trade deadline.

Johnson cited the pipeline of young pitching that should arrive in the big leagues by next season as reason not to acquire another starter now.

"One of our areas that we have very little depth in, obviously, is starting pitching," he said. "But after this year and early into next year, some of our young starters should be knocking at the door here. As far as making a move and picking up somebody, a lease just for the short-term, I don't think that's in our plans because I think we have enough talent here and enough coming that we wouldn't do that."

Johnson believes the return of a healthy Ross Detwiler after the All-Star break, and continued improvement from Dan Haren will give the Nationals five starters that can withstand a pennant race.

"We should have Det back right after the break. It looks like Haren's back on track," he said. "So I don't see anything that's out there that we would go spend a lot of money to get."

Johnson did potentially leave the door open for the addition of another veteran bench player in the wake of this week's trade for Scott Hairston, citing Chad Tracy's struggles this season. The 33-year-old pinch-hitter is batting .136 with three homers, five RBI and a .176 on-base percentage.

"I think the next couple weeks, more clarity will come to that picture," Johnson said. "You know, Tracy's an outstanding left-handed hitter and he hasn't done it. We had a young right-handed hitter [Tyler Moore] and he wasn't doing the things he did last year. So we made that move, because that gives Tyler Moore a chance to go play. So that was twofold. It helped this club and it helped in his development."
 07-10-2013, 06:16 PM         #584
Freckle Face 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
7:08 p.m. — We're underway as Cliff Lee throws (what else?) strike one to Denard Span.

7:14 p.m. — The good news: Bryce Harper roped a double off a 2-0 pitch from Lee. The bad news: Span, Ian Desmond and Ryan Zimmerman were retired on a total of seven pitches from Lee, all of them strikes.
 07-10-2013, 06:19 PM         #585
Freckle Face 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

PHILADELPHIA - Christian Garcia's rough 2013 continues.

The right-hander, who made his major league debut with the Nationals last season and played a big factor in the Nats' bullpen down the stretch, has suffered a hamstring injury and will miss his next scheduled appearance for Triple-A Syracuse, manager Davey Johnson said today.
Garcia will get an MRI on the hamstring to determine the severity of the injury.

This is the third separate injury issue that Garcia has had to deal with this season. He partially tore a tendon in his right forearm back in spring training, derailing the Nats' plans to turn him into a starter and sidelining him for multiple months.

After starting a rehab a.ssignment and working his way up to Syracuse, Garcia felt some shoulder stiffness in mid-June that sidelined him for two weeks. He returned and pitched in five more games for the Chiefs before suffering this hamstring injury.

Garcia posted a 2.13 ERA with 15 strikeouts and two walks in 12 2/3 innings with the Nats last season and made the team's postseason roster for the National League Division Series, but the injury bug has bit him hard this season, and the likeable right-hander's 2013 season has been significantly thrown off because of it.
 07-10-2013, 06:20 PM         #586
Freckle Face 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Garcia is gonna be the #5 before the season is over... I hope
 4 years ago '12        #587
cubes 4 heat pts
space
space
$12,589 | Props total: 6046 6046
Bout tired of these n*ggas getting 5 hits a game

Fire Eckstein
 07-10-2013, 08:00 PM         #588
Freckle Face 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cubes said:
Bout tired of these n*ggas getting 5 hits a game

Fire Eckstein
What bout now bruh bruh?
 07-10-2013, 08:00 PM         #589
Freckle Face 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rendon > Harper so far in '13
 07-10-2013, 08:59 PM         #590
Freckle Face 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Another Curly W
 4 years ago '12        #591
cubes 4 heat pts
space
space
$12,589 | Props total: 6046 6046
 Freckle Face said:
What bout now bruh bruh?
He kept his job for one more day

Another curly W
 07-11-2013, 03:50 PM         #592
Freckle Face 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

WASHINGTON NATIONALS at PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES

Where: Citizens Bank Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 187
Weather: Partly cloudy, 85 degrees, Wind 7 mph LF to RF

NATIONALS (47-44)

CF Denard Span
SS Ian Desmond
LF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
RF Jayson Werth
1B Adam LaRoche
2B Anthony Rendon
C Kurt Suzuki
RHP Jordan Zimmermann

PHILLIES (45-47)

CF Ben Revere
SS Jimmy Rollins
2B Chase Utley
LF Domonic Brown
3B Michael Young
RF Delmon Young
1B Darin Ruf
C Carlos Ruiz
RHP Kyle Kendrick

UMPIRES

HP Kerwin Danley
1B Lance Barksdale
2B Vic Carapazza
3B Gary Cederstrom (cc)
 07-11-2013, 03:55 PM         #593
Freckle Face 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Last edited by Freckle Face; 07-11-2013 at 04:02 PM..
 07-11-2013, 03:57 PM         #594
Freckle Face 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

The Western Division easily defeated the Eastern Division 5-0 in the Eastern League All-Star Game at New Britain, Conn., on Wednesday night. Double-A Harrisburg's Brian Goodwin, Steven Souza and Aaron Barrett all played in the win.

Goodwin walked and scored a run in a three-run first inning for the West. They tacked on two more runs in the fourth inning. The Western Division was 4-for-5 with runners in scoring position.
The Eastern Division managed five hits and no runs thanks to nine pitchers, including Barrett, who struck out the final batter to end the game. The Western Division pitchers, led by starter Mike Wright, allowed no runs, no walks and struck out eight hitters.

Center fielder Goodwin finished 1-for-3 with a walks and the run scored, while designated hitter Souza was 0-for-3.
 07-11-2013, 03:58 PM         #595
Freckle Face 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

More accolades for high Single-A Potomac Nationals right-hander A.J. Cole, who has been selected to compete for the United States in the 2013 All-Star Futures Game at Citi Field in Flushing, N.Y. on Sunday, July 14.

Cole has gone 5-3 with a 4.47 ERA in 17 starts this season. He already has 99 strikeouts to only 22 walks.

He started Wednesday night. Cole went three innings, allowed two hits, no runs and struck out one batter.
 07-11-2013, 04:00 PM         #596
Freckle Face 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Syracuse second baseman Danny Espinosa went 2-for-3 Wednesday night (rain delay) for the Chiefs with a double and a home run. He has raised his average to .200 with a current 11-for-27 (.407) the last eight-plus games.

This is good news for the Nationals and Espinosa as the trade deadline looms at the end of the month.
 4 years ago '07        #597
st21 1238 heat pts1238
space
space
$55,578 | Props total: 43731 43731
so we just won 1 game against the Phillies

we're not making the playoffs.

this team is a huge bust. still enough young talent to be optimistic for the future. Rendon is going to be a pure beast.
 07-11-2013, 10:21 PM         #598
Freckle Face 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Keep Hope Alive!
 07-11-2013, 10:38 PM         #599
Freckle Face 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Where ya been didn't troll yesterday??
 4 years ago '07        #600
st21 1238 heat pts1238
space
space
$55,578 | Props total: 43731 43731
32 pages is fail?

what do we call the pens getting swept in the ECF?
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
106 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy