Rumor: Xbox 720 beta kit contains two APUs

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 5 years ago '06        #81
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 Y.G. said:
The amount of RAM has no effect on the use of 2 APUs. You would still see a benefit in running the extra APU concurrently with the original APU. The OS could also turn off one the of the APUs when a game is not running.

As far as dividing the RAM up, we still don't know how the pool is shared. We don't know if each APU has access to the total pool, or if they a.ssigned a specific amount to each APU.

I don't see why the article would say that "it just changes the whole dynamics of next gen competition" if the extra APU was dedicated to just the OS. That really wouldn't change the dynamic at all.
I just personally think my guess of "1 6GB APU dedicated to gaming/1 2GB APU dedicated to OS & Kinect" is simply more realistic than dividing games up over two 4GB APU's. That just opens a whole nother can of worms for devs/porting etc.(see cell). I don't think they will divide it even if it's 2 4GB Apu's to be honest. 4GBS is plenty sufficient.

The article knows just as much as we do, so the quote is just shock journalism really. It's also linked to the original rumor of all of this, which came out on April 1st...

Last edited by Soraci7; 04-05-2013 at 04:52 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #82
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,653 | Props total: 13768 13768
 Soraci7 said:
I just personally think my guess of "1 6GB APU dedicated to gaming/1 2GB APU dedicated to OS & Kinect" is simply more realistic than dividing games up over two 4GB APU's. That just opens a whole nother can of worms for devs/porting etc.(see cell). I don't think they will divide it even if it's 2 4GB Apu's to be honest. 4GBS is plenty sufficient.

The article knows just as much as we do, so the quote is just shock journalism really. It's also linked to the original rumor of all of this, which came out on April 1st...
I just don't see an APU dedicated to the OS. You would think the developers that were interviewed for the article would have said "hey, we can actually only apply code to one of the APUs." That's if this rumor even turns out to be true.
 5 years ago '04        #83
gh3tto 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,065 | Props total: 677 677
 Soraci7 said:

your guess is really dumb ..ever heard of sli or crossfire?
 5 years ago '05        #84
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 gh3tto said:
I really think he hasn't. By Soraci's logic, if you use SLI or Crossfire then one of those GPUs should be strictly dedicated to desktop processing and not gaming.
 5 years ago '05        #85
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 gh3tto said:
Paging Soraci. We want answers.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
69 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
189 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
77 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
27 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
24 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
54 comments
23 hours ago