Rumor: Xbox 720 beta kit contains two APUs

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
13 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '13        #61
fishpoop 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,767 | Props total: 8283 8283
2 APUs...

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '09        #62
Dice 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,207 | Props total: 187 187
 fishpoop said:
2 APUs...

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Would have been funnier if you took away the text.
 5 years ago '05        #63
Soprano ATL 43 heat pts43
space
space
$9,331 | Props total: 206 206
sh*t I run ddr2 on my Mac Pro, with 10 gigs of ram, and I can run sessions better than a lot of protools HD systems. Ddr3 can't be that slow.
 5 years ago '06        #64
991 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,688 | Props total: 741 741
Lotta anger in here
 5 years ago '09        #65
WILLIAM 49 heat pts49
space
space
space
$22,618 | Props total: 1797 1797

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #66
King Allister 36 heat pts36
space
space
$21,788 | Props total: 173 173
gddr5 has horrible timings any way.
 5 years ago '05        #67
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,891 | Props total: 20992 20992
 fishpoop said:
2 APUs...

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Yooooo

5 years ago '05        #68
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,637 | Props total: 13716 13716
 2D.... said:
he clearly meant relatively slow compared to ps4 because they'll be competing neck and neck...
you know exactly what he meant stop being a d!ckhead

but since you seem to know your sh*t, im still gonna ask
a few years down the line when we start hitting the peak resources of the systems
would the ddr3 ram be more limiting or the 1 APU?
Nobody is being a d!ckhead, dummy. DDR3 RAM is not slow. It doesn't matter if GDDR5 RAM is faster. We told him over and over that the RAM being DDR3 will not penalize the APUs. He didn't want to accept that.

And no, a few years down the line the DDR3 will not be limiting. It has more than enough to run smoothly for a console cycle.
 5 years ago '05        #69
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Arson said:
Kinect is built in
Kinect isn't built-in, it just has to be attached for the Box to function.
 5 years ago '05        #70
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,891 | Props total: 20992 20992
 Y.G. said:
Nobody is being a d!ckhead, dummy. DDR3 RAM is not slow. It doesn't matter if GDDR5 RAM is faster. We told him over and over that the RAM being DDR3 will not penalize the APUs. He didn't want to accept that.

And no, a few years down the line the DDR3 will not be limiting. It has more than enough to run smoothly for a console cycle.
How many GB of installed DDR3 RAM is functional on a gaming PC?
 5 years ago '12        #71
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,619 | Props total: 2135 2135
A whole lot of arguing over a whole lot of nothing.
 5 years ago '05        #72
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Krazie said:
How many GB of installed DDR3 RAM is functional on a gaming PC?
Most games use between 2GB - 4GB of your total memory, if you're running them on the higher settings.
 5 years ago '06        #73
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
So 1 apu would be used for gaming and the other will be used for OS & kinect?
 5 years ago '04        #74
dog4life 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,613 | Props total: 286 286
i thought they said this along time ago and the ps4 is still suppose to be slightly better...... all that aside if there gonna run equal, i'll probably get both, ps4 1st because of exclusives and i'll wait to see if the nextbox is actually gonna run without failing like the 360 did around launch time i don't like to waste money..
 5 years ago '06        #75
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
The PS4 will have be able to process faster. Thats all we know so far, this article is tied to the one that said the next box controller had stripes of black tape on it to make it look camoflaged....so..

Black tape?
 5 years ago '05        #76
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Soraci7 said:
So 1 apu would be used for gaming and the other will be used for OS & kinect?
Why would you need one APU dedicated solely to a console OS? They could do it but I don't see why they would.

Soraci7 said:
The PS4 will have be able to process faster. Thats all we know so far, this article is tied to the one that said the next box controller had stripes of black tape on it to make it look camoflaged....so..

Black tape?
The camouflaged controller is to hide the final design. Car companies do this all the time when they're testing new models on tracks.
 5 years ago '06        #77
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
 Y.G. said:
Why would you need one APU dedicated solely to a console OS? They could do it but I don't see why they would.
Why would they divide the game over two apus? You yourself said games use 2-4gbs of ram which is accurate, each apu most likely has 4gbs of ram which in total = 8

If a game uses 3 gbs of ram would they really make the dev divide it to each apu using 1.5 each, why divide it at all? That doesn't make much sense and seems more complex than it needs to be for devs(like the cell).

1 apu dedicated to gaming while the other is for all other sh*t, the OS will be much more demanding than current xbox. We don't know what features the system will be loaded with.

Who knows, one apu may be 6gbs while the other is 2, we just don't know yet. But dividing it for games just doesn't seem as practical.

Last edited by Soraci7; 04-05-2013 at 03:33 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #78
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Soraci7 said:
Why would they divide the game over two apus? You yourself said games use 2-4gbs of ram which is accurate, each apu most likely has 4gbs of ram which in total = 8

If a game uses 3 gbs of ram would they really make the dev divide it to each apu using 1.5 each, why divide it at all? That doesn't make much sense and seems more complex than it needs to be for devs(like the cell).

1 apu dedicated to gaming while the other is for all other sh*t, the OS will be much more demanding than current xbox. We don't know what features the system will be loaded with.

Who knows, one apu may be 6gbs while the other is 2, we just don't know yet. But dividing it for games just doesn't seem as practical.
Console OS <> Desktop OS

You shouldn't need more than 1GB, 2GB tops for a console OS. Regardless of what features it has, it's still not a full blown OS. That being said, why would you waste an APU dedicated solely to just the OS? Seems like a waste of an APU. Unless the APU they use is a low powered one.
 5 years ago '06        #79
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
 Y.G. said:
Console OS <> Desktop OS

You shouldn't need more than 1GB, 2GB tops for a console OS. Regardless of what features it has, it's still not a full blown OS. That being said, why would you waste an APU dedicated solely to just the OS? Seems like a waste of an APU. Unless the APU they use is a low powered one.
I dont think anything will be low powered, I do think 1 apu may have more Ram than the other though. But if the OS takes 1-2gbs along with Kinect I don't see why they would use 2 apus for gaming instead of 1. Are they going to use two apu's for the OS as well? Unlikely.

If games take 2-4gbs of ram why would you use 2 apu's for that when it can simply run on 1? They are going to divide 1g of ram to 1 apu, and another gig to the other for a game that requires 2gbs of ram? That's just not practical.

You're same arguement can be made, why would you waste the other gigs of ram on the apu, for what...just to divide it up over 2?

There will be unused ram going to "waste" regardless.

Last edited by Soraci7; 04-05-2013 at 04:11 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #80
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Soraci7 said:
I dont think anything will be low powered, I do think 1 apu may have more Ram than the other though. But if the OS takes 1-2gbs along with Kinect I don't see why they would use 2 apus for gaming instead of 1. Are they going to use two apu's for the OS as well? Unlikely.

If games take 2-4gbs of ram why would you use 2 apu's for that when it can simply run on 1? They are going to divide 1g of ram to 1 apu, and another gig to the other for a game that requires 2gbs of ram? That's just not practical.

You're same arguement can be made, why would you waste the other gigs of ram on the apu, for what...just to divide it up over 2?

There will be unused ram going to "waste" regardless.
The amount of RAM has no effect on the use of 2 APUs. You would still see a benefit in running the extra APU concurrently with the original APU. The OS could also turn off one the of the APUs when a game is not running.

As far as dividing the RAM up, we still don't know how the pool is shared. We don't know if each APU has access to the total pool, or if they a.ssigned a specific amount to each APU.

I don't see why the article would say that "it just changes the whole dynamics of next gen competition" if the extra APU was dedicated to just the OS. That really wouldn't change the dynamic at all.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
36 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
59 comments
2 days ago