Rumor: Xbox 720 beta kit contains two APUs

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
126 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #21
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$20,970 | Props total: 17001 17001
 fatboi1 said:
Dual APU's won't make Halo funner.

Your feelings seem hurt. Did you punch all the pillows in your house while typing that
 5 years ago '05        #22
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,620 | Props total: 13683 13683
 Da Ill One said:
But use the rest of my question also... I know two apu's is good...but if something has slow ram (if rumors are true) wouldnt tgat be counterproductive? Like just because you have two feet doesnt mean you can run...
If the Xbox 720 has 8GB of RAM as it's been rumored, it won't have "slow" RAM issues. There isn't a game today that you can't run on max with 8GB of RAM.
 5 years ago '06        #23
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
The rumor the entire time was 2 apus having 4gbs of ram a.ssigned to each one. That is different than 1 apu having 8 gbs of ram if rumor is true.

Last edited by Soraci7; 04-04-2013 at 02:01 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #24
D.IrIsH 332 heat pts332
space
space
$5,188 | Props total: 7015 7015
 Da Ill One said:
But use the rest of my question also... I know two apu's is good...but if something has slow ram (if rumors are true) wouldnt tgat be counterproductive? Like just because you have two feet doesnt mean you can run...
Loll. DDR3 ram is NOT slow... Its just not as fast as the new DDR5
 5 years ago '05        #25
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 D.IrIsH said:
I don't know why he thought that it would be slow, especially since that's the standard used in most computers today.
 5 years ago '04        #26
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602 OP
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
 D.IrIsH said:
 Y.G. said:
I don't know why he thought that it would be slow, especially since that's the standard used in most computers today.
I said SLOWER then that PS 4 GDDR5 ram... I didn't say it was slow I said slower ram...learn to comprehend fellas...

and I was on my phone so it was hard to really explain my question...so now that i'm on the PC ...what i'm asking is

With 8gb of ram running two APU's...it would be 4gb each most likely right? So now out of that 4gb some of that has to go to basic OS functions and everything else...so it's really like the nextbox will have 6gb (maybe less) running the two APU's 6 is less than 8...

so that's what i'm asking is it smart to have two APU's with 8Gb of the slower DDR 3 ram (Compared to the GDDR5 ram) since it would really be 6 gb running two APU's and not up the ram to say 10 or 12 gb?

Last edited by Da Ill One; 04-04-2013 at 03:42 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #27
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
I said SLOWER then that PS 4 GDDR5 ram... I didn't say it was slow I said slower ram...learn to comprehend fellas...

and I was on my phone so it was hard to really explain my question...so now that i'm on the PC ...what i'm asking is

With 8gb of ram running two APU's...it would be 4gb each most likely right? So now out of that 4gb some of that has to go to basic OS functions and everything else...so it's really like the nextbox will have 6gb (maybe less) running the two APU's 6 is less than 8...

so that's what i'm asking is it smart to have two APU's with 8Gb of the slower DDR 3 ram (Compared to the GDDR5 ram) since it would really be 6 gb running two APU's and not up the ram to say 10 or 12 gb?
So we lying now?

Da Ill One said:
You said right there it has "slow RAM issues" and made no mention of GDDR5. I don't know where you get we have comprehension issues from when you're backtracking on your word.

Now, let's say that 2GB of the shared 8Gb of RAM is dedicated to the OS. That leaves 6GB of RAM for gaming. You can run most PC games on max with just 4GB of RAM. 6GB of RAM would be more than enough. You don't need more RAM because you added an extra processor.

Only a fool would question having 2 APUs as being a bad thing. Regardless of if it "only" uses 6GB of RAM. You're just coming off as a hater now.

In the 2nd post, I said if this were true feelings would be hurt. Looks like this rumor is hurting feelings even if it's false.
 5 years ago '04        #28
space
space
 Y.G. said:
So we lying now?

You said right there it has "slow RAM issues" and made no mention of GDDR5. I don't know where you get we have comprehension issues from when you're backtracking on your word.

Now, let's say that 2GB of the shared 8Gb of RAM is dedicated to the OS. That leaves 6GB of RAM for gaming. You can run most PC games on max with just 4GB of RAM. 6GB of RAM would be more than enough. You don't need more RAM because you added an extra processor.

Only a fool would question having 2 APUs as being a bad thing. Regardless of if it "only" uses 6GB of RAM. You're just coming off as a hater now.

In the 2nd post, I said if this were true feelings would be hurt. Looks like this rumor is hurting feelings even if it's false.

as far as the "slow ram": part is concerned In my ORIGINAL post before the one you quoted I compared it to the GDDR5 of the PS 4 ...no backtracking on my part...you either missed or misread my original post asking the same question...that's all

and how am I hating? I asked a question because I don't know how APU's work with ram and all that... That's why you ask questions so you can understand and get clarification on something right?

Just because you have your MS fanboy pants on today doesn't mean i'm hating on anything... I was asking a legit question as to how the Two APU thing would work and if splitting the ram would matter or not...
 5 years ago '08        #29
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,101 | Props total: 23315 23315
1 for the console....1 for kinect
 5 years ago '05        #30
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
as far as the "slow ram": part is concerned In my ORIGINAL post before the one you quoted I compared it to the GDDR5 of the PS 4 ...no backtracking on my part...you either missed or misread my original post asking the same question...that's all

and how am I hating? I asked a question because I don't know how APU's work with ram and all that... That's why you ask questions so you can understand and get clarification on something right?

Just because you have your MS fanboy pants on today doesn't mean i'm hating on anything... I was asking a legit question as to how the Two APU thing would work and if splitting the ram would matter or not...
In your original post you said" slower DDR3 RAM." DDR3 RAM is not slow. So when you constantly keep trying to say it will have "slow RAM issues" because it's not as fast as GDDR5 RAM, you come off as a hater.

I've told you 3 times now, adding an extra APU is good thing. Keep trying to find a flaw in that though, and stay out of those feelings.
 5 years ago '04        #31
space
space
 Y.G. said:
In your original post you said" slower DDR3 RAM." DDR3 RAM is not slow. So when you constantly keep trying to say it will have "slow RAM issues" because it's not as fast as GDDR5 RAM, you come off as a hater.

I've told you 3 times now, adding an extra APU is good thing. Keep trying to find a flaw in that though, and stay out of those feelings.

God dayum I give up...alot of times you're cool as hell but other's you're a fu*king idiot...

yo Darksideshero, or WiLl ... can either of you answer my question?
 5 years ago '05        #32
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
God dayum I give up...alot of times you're cool as hell but other's you're a fu*king idiot...

I've answered your question 3 times dummy. It seems like it's you that has the comprehension problem.

This guy calls someone else an idiot but can't understand that a 2 APU + 6GB RAM setup is a good thing.
 5 years ago '05        #33
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,868 | Props total: 20872 20872
 Da Ill One said:

You called him an idiot and then want to ask Darkside?

5 years ago '12        #34
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$20,970 | Props total: 17001 17001
Ah man whatabout those New York Knicks
 5 years ago '04        #35
D.IrIsH 332 heat pts332
space
space
@ the last few posts

DDR3 ram is what pretty much every gaming PC is running with right now.. having 8GBs of it is WAY more than enough to handle BF3 on ultra settings, in a 64 player server (depending on GPU of course, let's a.ssume GTX560 and AMD equivalent and above would suffice)

The DDR5 ram isn't really that big of an issue.. it's just the newer ram that performs faster and cooler, etc.

I suspect one of the main reasons for the PS4 to have DDR5 ram is to help compensate for having a cheaper GPU.. which they need to have in order to keep the cost down.. I'd say that's all it boils down to.
 04-04-2013, 05:45 PM         #36
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 D.IrIsH said:
The DDR5 ram isn't really that big of an issue.. it's just the newer ram that performs faster and cooler, etc.

I suspect one of the main reasons for the PS4 to have DDR5 ram is to help compensate for having a cheaper GPU.. which they need to have in order to keep the cost down.. I'd say that's all it boils down to.
DDR5 Ram doesn't exist.

Arson said:
I was wondering the same thing actually. Doesn't the new Kinect have a processor in it though?

Y.G. said:
In your original post you said" slower DDR3 RAM." DDR3 RAM is not slow.
DDR3 isn't slow but it is slower than GDDR5. Hence the reason why DIO was asking if the NextBox will have any problems with the slower ram. Valid question.

Da Ill One said:
Pretty much all PC's nowadays use DDR3 and it's more than enough to make these crazy good looking games on the PC, with 1 CPU 1 GPU. With 2 APU's you'll now have 2 CPU's and 2 GPU's (aka SLI or Crossfire) working together which will make your system run and be able to do much more. That DDR3 RAM isn't going to hurt anything. Who knows what speed MS will even have that RAM running at either. To sum it up, everything will be a o k on the NextBox.
 5 years ago '04        #37
space
space
 DarkSidesHero said:
DDR5 Ram doesn't exist.

I was wondering the same thing actually. Doesn't the new Kinect have a processor in it though?

DDR3 isn't slow but it is slower than GDDR5. Hence the reason why DIO was asking if the NextBox will have any problems with the slower ram. Valid question.

Pretty much all PC's nowadays use DDR3 and it's more than enough to make these crazy good looking games on the PC, with 1 CPU 1 GPU. With 2 APU's you'll now have 2 CPU's and 2 GPU's (aka SLI or Crossfire) working together which will make your system run and be able to do much more. That DDR3 RAM isn't going to hurt anything. Who knows what speed MS will even have that RAM running at either. To sum it up, everything will be a o k on the NextBox.

THANK YOU for answering my question like I was asking... that's great news then, hopefully this rumor comes true and the NextBox is indeed a beast... just hope the always online rumor is fake... These next two months are going to be EPIC in gaming with all the announcements
regarding Next Gen
 5 years ago '04        #38
D.IrIsH 332 heat pts332
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
THANK YOU for answering my question like I was asking... that's great news then, hopefully this rumor comes true and the NextBox is indeed a beast... just hope the always online rumor is fake... These next two months are going to be EPIC in gaming with all the announcements
regarding Next Gen
Your fu*king question was answered numerous times in this thread.. Don't be so stubborn.
 5 years ago '04        #39
D.IrIsH 332 heat pts332
space
space
 DarkSidesHero said:
DDR5 Ram doesn't exist.

Oh my bad.. I forgot the "G"

I guess you had to point that out to make yourself feel smarter than others..
 5 years ago '05        #40
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Arson said:
That makes sense, especially since the 360 doesn't have 2 APUs now and still uses Kinect.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
262 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
38 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
103 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
32 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
98 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
46 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy