Rumor: Xbox 720 beta kit contains two APUs

most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
93 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
71 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ralo (Fam Goon) Posting Throwback MoneyBaggYo Ether
37 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #1
6183 pageviews
84 comments

Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
Rumor: Xbox 720 beta kit contains two APUs

[pic - click to view]

The current Xbox 720 beta kit contains two APUs, according to a new leak.

TGFC member called BD, who is supposed to be an ex-Ubisoft employee, and who also leaked the Xbox 720 specs earlier which contained an Eight-core CPU and 8 GB RAM, has posted that the latest beta kit for the Xbox 720 has two APUs or dual APUs.

Now this is quite an incredible engineering feat if it is true. This was posted on April 1, however, BD has also posted that the Xbox 720 controllers were covered in irregular black tape stripes, almost camouflage like.

Kotaku had posted their rumour on April 2 and mentioned the same thing about the controller having stripes. So it seems BD’s post was legitimate.

“Last Friday project received the first batch of Durango, Beta Kit, Host oversized white box, new handle,” he wrote (translated from Chinese). “And host and handle are plastered with the irregular black tape stripes, and the new car before the release of camouflage-like. The most important thing is, Beta Kit actually there are two APU.”

Microsoft should be officially revealing their next Xbox sometime later this year. It was originally supposed to be revealed in April, but was delayed by a month.

It is interesting to note that the PS4 has only one APU, so if the final Xbox 720 architecture contains two APUs, it just changes the whole dynamics of next gen competition.

[pic - click to view]

Source

84 comments for "Rumor: Xbox 720 beta kit contains two APUs"

5 years ago '09        #2
WILLIAM 49 heat pts49
space
space
space
$22,618 | Props total: 1796 1796
whats a apu?

sorry i lost my virginity long long ago
 5 years ago '05        #3
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,635 | Props total: 13716 13716
If this is true, feelings will be hurt.
 5 years ago '04        #4
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602 OP
space
space
Is two apu's that good though? I mean lets say the other rumors are true and it has 8gb of the slower ddr3 ram...would having two apu's really be good? If the ram is that much slower than Gddr5 like un the ps 4... it sounds counterproductive almost... but i don't know much about that type of stuff...ill wait for one of the PC Gaming non master racers to comment...
 5 years ago '12        #5
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,024 | Props total: 17207 17207
 Y.G. said:
If this is true, feelings will be hurt.

n*ggas gone be eating the pills left and right
 5 years ago '12        #6
BrooklynSwag 10 heat pts10
space
space
$12,404 | Props total: 3309 3309
Checkmate phaggots
 5 years ago '04        #7
space
space
 BrooklynSwag said:
Checkmate phaggots
Lmfao on a rumor? Lol
 5 years ago '12        #8
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,760 | Props total: 22138 22138
April fools article.

If they did this, then the console would be at least 599.
 5 years ago '04        #9
space
space
 ThePainkiller said:
April fools article.

It was also verified by kotaku on the second by another person who said about the same black tape on the controllers...
 5 years ago '12        #10
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,760 | Props total: 22138 22138
 Da Ill One said:
It was also verified by kotaku on the second by another person who said about the same black tape on the controllers...
Okley dokey.
 5 years ago '12        #11
space
space
 ThePainkiller said:
April fools article.

Not necessarily. If anyone can figure out how to do it with consoles and keep it affordable and competitive at this point its MS. And it wouldn't push the costs up at all. I DO however think that they will get that money back elsewhere(Charging a bit more for Live, or more microtransactions blah blah blah)

Da Ill One said:
To answer your earlier question...Dual APUs would be fu*king insane....System would be capable of rendering/doing so much sh*t all at one time it'd literally be flying. sh*t would be that Lamborghini pulling up in the car lot making all those n*ggas driving hondas feel bad

Can't wait until the unveil...I also love how now everyone has changed their moods about rumors...2 months ago yall n*ggas were celebrating rumors...now everyone shoots them down
 5 years ago '04        #12
space
space
 ALLEEK said:
Not necessarily. If anyone can figure out how to do it with consoles and keep it affordable and competitive at this point its MS. And it wouldn't push the costs up at all. I DO however think that they will get that money back elsewhere(Charging a bit more for Live, or more microtransactions blah blah blah)

To answer your earlier question...Dual APUs would be fu*king insane....System would be capable of rendering/doing so much sh*t all at one time it'd literally be flying. sh*t would be that Lamborghini pulling up in the car lot making all those n*ggas driving hondas feel bad

Can't wait until the unveil...I also love how now everyone has changed their moods about rumors...2 months ago yall n*ggas were celebrating rumors...now everyone shoots them down
I love rumors...i just shoot down the ones that dont even mention what the OP was talking about...like your GS one...the rest i love talking about
 5 years ago '12        #13
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
I love rumors...i just shoot down the ones that dont even mention what the OP was talking about...like your GS one...the rest i love talking about
In the words of your stepchild Jessey that lacks a normal hairline...."Why you so salty bro?"
 5 years ago '05        #14
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,889 | Props total: 20988 20988
 ALLEEK said:
In the words of your stepchild Jessey that lacks a normal hairline...."Why you so salty bro?"
 5 years ago '12        #15
space
space
 Krazie said:

[pic - click to view]

My korean bi*ch worked on a cure for that n*ggas nonhairlinefoculitis disease for like 6 weeks b...She came out depressed as fu*k
 5 years ago '10        #16
RedLight 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,406 | Props total: 2348 2348
Someone break this down to me in regular english cause i have no idea wtf that means lol.
 5 years ago '05        #17
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,635 | Props total: 13716 13716
 Da Ill One said:
Is two apu's that good though? I mean lets say the other rumors are true and it has 8gb of the slower ddr3 ram...would having two apu's really be good? If the ram is that much slower than Gddr5 like un the ps 4... it sounds counterproductive almost... but i don't know much about that type of stuff...ill wait for one of the PC Gaming non master racers to comment...
Is having two i7 Ivy Bridge (Intel's "APU" if you will) chips in your computer good? A member of the PC peasant race would tell, yes. These type of setups are typically reserved for servers (and CPUs like the Xeon) though.
 5 years ago '04        #18
space
space
 Y.G. said:
Is having two i7 Ivy Bridge (Intel's "APU" if you will) chips in your computer good? A member of the PC peasant race would tell, yes. These type of setups are typically reserved for servers (and CPUs like the Xeon) though.
But use the rest of my question also... I know two apu's is good...but if something has slow ram (if rumors are true) wouldnt tgat be counterproductive? Like just because you have two feet doesnt mean you can run...
 04-04-2013, 12:50 AM         #19
fatboi1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dual APU's won't make Halo funner.
 5 years ago '05        #20
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,889 | Props total: 20988 20988
 fatboi1 said:
Dual APU's won't make Halo funner.
It also won't improve your grammar, so you may as well stay away from it.
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
37 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
71 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
288 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
94 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
245 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
95 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
108 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy